Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Likely not. But if he does retain new counsel, I believe that would mean he is not seriously considering a plea deal? I imagine hired guns would definitely mean a whole public relations strategy, resulting in fireworks here on the threads on a daily basis! Those high profile defense attorneys are typically outspoken for their clients IMO.
They will have their job cut out for them in this case.

I don’t think they were even able to attend the funerals of their grand daughters and daughter in law.
No, but my guess that has a whole lot less to do with publicity/shaming and more to do with the incredible, impossibly awkward idea of trying to grieve with SW's family and friends when LE has arrested one of your family for their murder.

This might sound crazy but the one teeny, tiny thing that has always bothered me was when CW’s attorney requested, right off the bat, that swab samples be taken of the girls’ necks and hands for DNA. It makes me wonder if he wore gloves when he strangled the girls, so as not to leave his DNA, but then some how managed to take his dead wife’s hands and place them on their necks to transfer her DNA, as well as on their hands. Just a thought.

I was really surprised they requested that immediately without seeing any evidence from the state. Most of my clients are really great liars and I'm happy when their unbelievable and easily disprovable stories are born and die within the bubble of their attorney-client privilege protections. I think a motion like the one made could backfire big-time.

They always say don't ask a question you don't know the answer to. I think that goes double for not making a show of requesting evidence your liar client insists against all reasonable odds exists.

If SW was my daughter and her children were gone too. I would let the mortgage go into arrears and the bank take it.
After I had retrieved my daughter's and granddaughters possessions that meant something to me, I would never want to have anything to do with it again.
Especially since it's in his name only. I would get their possessions out and leave it.

No, but my guess that has a whole lot less to do with publicity/shaming and more to do with the incredible, impossibly awkward idea of trying to grieve with SW's family and friends when LE has arrested one of your family for their murder.
Oh I agree, there was no way they could possibly attend. Just another dagger in their heart caused by their son.

Likely not. But if he does retain new counsel, I believe that would mean he is not seriously considering a plea deal? I imagine hired guns would definitely mean a whole public relations strategy, resulting in fireworks here on the threads on a daily basis! Those high profile defense attorneys are typically outspoken for their clients IMO.
Ughh just ughhh I hope for SW family this isnt gunna happen .

I was really surprised they requested that immediately without seeing any evidence from the state. Most of my clients are really great liars and I'm happy when their unbelievable and easily disprovable stories are born and die within the bubble of their attorney-client privilege protections. I think a motion like the one made could backfire big-time.

They always say don't ask a question you don't know the answer to. I think that goes double for not making a show of requesting evidence your liar client insists against all reasonable odds exists.
Agree, 100%.

My page is going crazy and all my posts are turning out really out of sync!!!
responding to post that states that it feels like "she's on trial"

I respectfully do not understand that line of thinking. When a tragedy happens to people, the why's and how's are largely influenced by the collusion of personalities. A victim is a victim and no rational person can justify a murder of a pregnant woman and her babies. It is wrong, period. However baseless the perpetrators motivation may be, it is his perception nonetheless. If a perpetrator says a victim was "difficult" or "aggressive" or whatever, then it goes towards our "understanding" of his twisted actions. Observations about the dynamics of the relationship are natural and not "victim-shaming". I don't post in detail about this case because I don't want to be labeled as thinking "she deserved it". Human life is sacred and I resent the implication that pondering their "dynamic" is condoning murder in any way shape or form.
ITA. I think all who knew the Watts are seeking the same answers as to why just as we strangers are doing. There are two distinct dynamics which must be considered when the victims are their own children. I can understand the dynamic of a spouse "snapping" out of anger, frustration, revenge, etc. at the other spouse. But I believe killing one's own child is a reflection of a different dynamic altogether. Did either parent have untreated mental illness that escalated beyond control? The jury is going to want an explanation of the psychological underpinnings that lead to this horrific crime no matter which parent did it. JMO

I think that it was just a public relations move. We have seen here people saying 'Why would they ask for that if they were going to find his DNA on their throats?'
Because they knew that they were not after them being in oil for days.

Especially since it's in his name only. I would get their possessions out and leave it.
If there is life insurance, could that count as an asset for SW's estate that the bank could take if they let it fall into foreclosure? I can't think of any other significant assets she would have, but that could be sizeable.

ITA. I think all who knew the Watts are seeking the same answers as to why just as we strangers are doing. There are two distinct dynamics which must be considered when the victims are their own children. I can understand the dynamic of a spouse "snapping" out of anger, frustration, revenge, etc. at the other spouse. But I believe killing one's own child is a reflection of a different dynamic altogether. Did either parent have untreated mental illness that escalated beyond control? The jury is going to want an explanation of the psychological underpinnings that lead to this horrific crime no matter which parent did it. JMO
Again, she has not been charged or even named as a suspect. He has been charged with all murders and the only accusation against her has come from her murderer. A man who lied again and again.

Didn’t the kids go to bed at 6:30 IIRC. I believe I read that was their bedtime.
@liltexans Thanks again for your continued guidance. Can you please confirm that we have no factual evidence that the girls bedtime on August 13, 2018 was 6:30p, and therefore they could not be outside with CW when he was seen by a witness grilling at 7:15pm. Also, If I'm incorrect about this, I'd like to know. TIA

I honestly don't know if we have factual evidence of the girls' bedtime on any day. I think there is only anecdotal evidence of when Shan'ann says the girls' bedtimes typically were. I assume CW may have given a timeline of his own to LE, but CW is a proven liar, so we can't rely on what he says. We will have to wait until we get an evidence-based timeline from LE.

Right. But I think their main priority is blocking him from using the money from the house to buy good defense attorneys.

He is basically looking to hire people to viciously trash their deceased daughter, after he killed her. I would fight for the house too, if I was in their horrible position. I cannot even imagine...

I think that it was just a public relations move. We have seen here people saying 'Why would they ask for that if they were going to find his DNA on their throats?'
Because they knew that they were not after them being in oil for days.

Right but you just never know what they could find. What if he had a hangnail and they found his nail caught in one of the girls' skins?

I wouldn't have made the motion. I would have waited until the results came back and then made a big deal of it corroborating his story (if it did). And if it didn't, I wouldn't have this motion making my client look like an even bigger liar on the record.

If there is life insurance, could that count as an asset for SW's estate that the bank could take if they let it fall into foreclosure? I can't think of any other significant assets she would have, but that could be sizeable.
If the house is only in his name, I'm not sure her assets have to pay his debts off. But I an not an expert. JMO

I think about that all of the time. Not that it’s ever okay to kill any one, but husbands killing wives and visa versa is often a crime of passion due to some marital issue but your own children? It just seems to go against nature, imo. Your flesh and blood, half of you, from birth and before, you loved them, raised them...it just beyond comprehension that a parent can kill their own children.
JMO.

She was, and that’s a shame IMO. I really wanted to hear what she had to say, especially since she said she knew them both very well.
I dont agree she was harassed as its against TOS.
IMHO this VI has found out more about whats going on since posting here and has doubts now about her beliefs or support in CW
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member