Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the oil that they scraped off their little throats may still contain DNA. There is not usually human DNA in crude oil.

Right, but what I don't understand, is if that touch DNA would stay on their necks, if they were submerged, head first, into a very large tank. Wouldn't the movement through that oil move away some of the skin cells that hold the DNA?

Seattle1 said:
@liltexans Thanks again for your continued guidance. Can you please confirm that we have no factual evidence that the girls bedtime on August 13, 2018 was 6:30p, and therefore they could not be outside with CW when he was seen by a witness grilling at 7:15pm. Also, If I'm incorrect about this, I'd like to know. TIA

Seattle1.In a video by SW she is in her study and she says that the girls are in bed and their bedtime was 6.30 pm. She then mentions about how the rest of the night was their time , for her and CW to do their thing eg. business calls etc. The way she spoke about the bed time, it was inferred that it was their routine. It would be impossible for us to know if on August 13 that was their bedtime. Only CW would know that.

The motion was made in the hours after the bodies were retrieved. The defense took the suspect at his word, plain and simple.

Show me evidence that they knew the ME wouldn’t test for DNA on the victim’s necks.
It says it right in the motion which was linked here. The motion was made in the hours before the autopsy was scheduled. If you want to believe the defense lied, go for it. JMO

The defense made the motion because they had been given reason to believe the ME did not intend to collect any DNA from the neck areas. There is a possibility their client is telling the truth. JMO

I thought the motion stated the defense was unclear about what the ME was going to do during autopsy. Meaning, I thought, that the ME declined to share all of their intended procedures with the defense. To my way of thinking that is a long way from indictating that they didn’t intend to do something. But YMMV. Jmo.

ETA: typo correction

Last edited:
The defense made the motion because they had been given reason to believe the ME did not intend to collect any DNA from the neck areas. There is a possibility their client is telling the truth. JMO
Do you have a link for that? Because I do not understand how that is possible. Why would the ME not try to collect DNA from the neck areas? I thought the judge basically told them don't tell ME how to do their job they already know how to do it. But I could be wrong.

I thought the motion stated the defense was unclear about what the ME was going to do during autopsy. Meaning, I thought, that the ME declined to share all of their intended procedures with the defense. To my way of thinking that is a long way from indictating that didn’t intend to do something. But YMMV. Jmo.
I just reread it, and that’s exactly how I interpreted it. The ME refused to say what specifically they were going to do, and the defense countered with a motion to compel the collection of that evidence.

What reason did they have to believe they should doubt the competency of the medical examiner's office? Don't you think the prosecution would have a big problem at trial if they already know what the defendant confessed to and they leave open the door that the physical evidence to confirm or refute that confession was not tested? That's how you get a mistrial. I don't think the medical examiner ever had any intention but to do a complete and thorough autopsy including collecting any and all DNA evidence anywhere on any of the bodies.

This is a must watch! It's a heartwarming interview with one of Shanann's teachers who was also a life-long friend, who talks to AB about how far Shanann had come since he first met her when she was 14 years old.

He says, "She's a wonderful, beautiful human being who learned that the power of giving your life away, I think, brings true joy."

He is reduced to tears when AB begins to talk about a letter he found recently that Shanann wrote to him back in 2002. In the letter, she tells him that he helped bring out the true person in her back in 9th grade.

He says, "She had a level of empathy like, that a lot of people today just don't."

And, "That woman and her light and legacy, she did enough in her short amount of time to affect people's lives for a long time to come, I think."

I thought the motion stated the defense was unclear about what the ME was going to do during autopsy. Meaning, I thought, that the ME declined to share all of their intended procedures with the defense. To my way of thinking that is a long way from indictating that they didn’t intend to do something. But YMMV. Jmo.

ETA: typo correction
Of course, they are not medical personnel and really are showing their ignorance by trying to direct the ME.
ME do not just examine whatever takes their fancy, there is a procedure to be followed. They examine every skin surface and all organs. You do not want to know how they get to the brain. I have nightmares about that.

Not sure if this has been answered yet as I am catching up again, but I do not believe she can own part of the house and not be on the mortgage...because mortgage is a secured debt. Secured by the house. Right?
Not sure — because they are married they may share the debt. But unless loan terms forbid it someone can take out a loan alone, add someone elses name (that isn’t a spouse) to the title w/a quitclaim deed and if the borrower defaults the 2nd person isn’t responsible for the debt. It won’t show up on the 2nd person’s credit report but they will be homeless when the lender forecloses.

CW is a tortured soul. Murdered his family and destroyed so many lives. He has ruined his own life - not that I care about his life. So many people lives have been devastated and will never recover from it.
x2

This is what disturbs me the most. I heard suicide was the most damaging selfish act on earth. I am now weighing this with what CW did.

What reason did they have to believe they should doubt the competency of the medical examiner's office? Don't you think the prosecution would have a big problem at trial if they already know what the defendant confessed to and they leave open the door that the physical evidence to confirm or refute that confession was not tested? That's how you get a mistrial. I don't think the medical examiner ever had any intention but to do a complete and thorough autopsy including collecting any and all DNA evidence anywhere on any of the bodies.
BBM. That kind of makes me think that the defence team is inexperienced and think that they can throw shade on a non involved professional medical examiner.
Very unprofessional of them.

It says it right in the motion which was linked here. The motion was made in the hours before the autopsy was scheduled. If you want to believe the defense lied, go for it. JMO
While it would be interesting, the fact that the judge denied it (and was expected to) - for me - was all I need to know that it was a sham move. The idea that an ME would not check ANY AND EVERY body that has been murdered for DNA evidence in this day and age sounds incredulous to me (IMO).

While it would be interesting, the fact that the judge denied it (and was expected to) - for me - was all I need to know that it was a sham move. The idea that an ME would not check ANY AND EVERY body that has been murdered for DNA evidence in this day and age sounds incredulous to me (IMO).

Especially in the case of STRANGLED children. Why wouldn't they check for DNA On their necks? Oil or no oil, they would check. Absolutely. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert