Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it would be interesting, the fact that the judge denied it (and was expected to) - for me - was all I need to know that it was a sham move. The idea that an ME would not check ANY AND EVERY body that has been murdered for DNA evidence in this day and age sounds incredulous to me (IMO).
Which is why the judge said in the order he would not tell the medical examiner's office how to do its job.
MOO

We haven't seen anyone in authority validate his claims as yet. He asserts that AB and LE have seen his texts from CW( which he further states SW found on 4th July) and that he handed towels which contained CW's DNA to LE. All of those claims can easily be proved I suppose, so we shall see. Curious to know why you would save soiled towels unless blackmail is your thing...
BBM
If I'm reading this right, AB said that SW saw the texts on July 4th between CW and AB? You may have already done so, but could you please post the source for that again?

This is a must watch! It's a heartwarming interview with one of Shanann's teachers who was also a life-long friend, who talks to AB about how far Shanann had come since he first met her when she was 14 years old.

He says, "She's a wonderful, beautiful human being who learned that the power of giving your life away, I think, brings true joy."

He is reduced to tears when AB begins to talk about a letter he found recently that Shanann wrote to him back in 2002. In the letter, she tells him that he helped bring out the true person in her back in 9th grade.

He says, "She had a level of empathy like, that a lot of people today just don't."

And, "That woman and her light and legacy, she did enough in her short amount of time to affect people's lives for a long time to come, I think."

Thank you for posting this!

Has every person who confessed to a crime been convicted of said crime?

No, but can you name one of those people who also gave varied versions ... e.g. she was meeting up with a friend, the family vanished, he saw one of the victims murdering another deceased victim, and then give the location of each of the 3 deceased victims?

BBM
If I'm reading this right, AB said that SW saw the texts on July 4th between CW and AB? You may have already done so, but could you please post the source for that again?

I did not watch the show but i read that post to read that AB was shown the texts from the alleged affair partner to CW, and those same texts were supposedly shown to SW on July 4th. AB is just the reporter here.

Do you have a link for that? Because I do not understand how that is possible. Why would the ME not try to collect DNA from the neck areas? I thought the judge basically told them don't tell ME how to do their job they already know how to do it. But I could be wrong.
Sorry I didn't bookmark the link but links to motions have been linked. The media reported it.

One of the defense motions expressed the fear that no one planned to swab the necks of the childrens’ bodies for DNA.

Documents: Defense filing suggests Watts girls were strangled

She was, and that’s a shame IMO. I really wanted to hear what she had to say, especially since she said she knew them both very well.
I agree. Also liltexans admin/mod posted that verified insiders come and go, assumed to be on the advice/request of legal authorities. I have no idea but wish our members would have been softer and kinder.

Except that houses who have had atrocities committed in them rarely reach market value, and they would not have had much equity in it so there is likely no money to be gained from the sale.
That is my experience with a murder that took place in a house across the street from where an immediate family member of mine lived.

Sorry I didn't bookmark the link but links to motions have been linked. The media reported it.

One of the defense motions expressed the fear that no one planned to swab the necks of the childrens’ bodies for DNA.

My guess is it was a posturing move designed to help the credibility of their client in the public eye? I thought it was a pretty shrewd move until we just had an attorney say it could backfire. My guess is they have to work with what limited resources they have to make their client look good?

But that is because his defence team seem ignorant of the process of an autopsy. Maybe they should educate themselves on that before they comment. The ME just reports his findings.

Do you have a link for that? Because I do not understand how that is possible. Why would the ME not try to collect DNA from the neck areas? I thought the judge basically told them don't tell ME how to do their job they already know how to do it. But I could be wrong.

I went back to check. Motion 20 is what you are looking for here.

Colorado Judicial Branch

My guess is it was a posturing move designed to help the credibility of their client in the public eye? I thought it was a pretty shrewd move until we just had an attorney say it could backfire. My guess is they have to work with what limited resources they have to make their client look good?
And after dumping his little girls dead bodies in crude oil, they sure are limited in making their client, not look good, but not as evil as it sounds.

Except that houses who have had atrocities committed in them rarely reach market value, and they would not have had much equity in it so there is likely no money to be gained from the sale.

We almost bought a house that seemed too good to be true and it was on the market for years. The real estate agent told us the seller was "really motivated to sell" and any remaining things in the house would be sold along with the house.

It seemed fishy so when we googled the address we found out the husband was in prison for sexually abusing his children in the house!

I didn't think I'd be able to sleep in the house so we passed. I felt bad since the mother divorced the imprisoned father and was trying to recoup whatever she could. But I'm anxious as it is, I thought I'd have nightmares.

I wouldn't want to buy the Watts house either.

No. Anyone can be added to a deed. And I believe SW was (again, correct me if this is wrong). This makes them a legal owner. Whether or not they pay for the house is irrelevant.
Yes, SW was added to the deed and is a joint owner of the property. CW secured the mortgage loan and is responsible for the debt which is secured by the mortgage (collateral).
MOO

But that is because his defence team seem ignorant of the process of an autopsy. Maybe they should educate themselves on that before they comment. The ME just reports his findings.
I think his defense absolutely knows. This can be, sadly, a chess game sometimes and it was their best move IMO to get some good coverage for their client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flimflam