Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CW told LE he was not in an affair with anyone at work. (or anyone at all??) IIRC. Then LE found out, or found out before he said that, that he actually was involved with at least the AP at work.

But what if he was technically telling the truth, and that there really was no more affair?

I keep coming back to the idea that his big blow out over the weekend was because she dumped him. Because once again SW was coming home to him/her family, there was no split up as he may have promised while the family was in NC.
I think he hated/resented SW for a long time, and had maybe harbored dark thoughts of getting rid of all of them, but maybe it wasn't some argument after SW returned that night, maybe it was precipitated by the AP dumping him.

Well the kids aren't eating that much grilled steaks or whatever.

So was he grilling just for him? Or does he usually grill meats to last if on a low carb diet and just wants to heat up grilled meat throughout the week?

Did SW or the kids eat any of that grilled meat?

Was there still grill meat leftover in the fridge?

So many questions.
I dont think the fact that he was grilling at that time tells us much of anything. Either he had already killed the kids and was cooking something or he made something on the grill before he strangled them. Either way I hope they were sleeping. If they did eat, they will know from the autopsy. If they ate at the barbecue around 2 or 3, I would think they would be hungry again. If no food is found in their stomach, it might indicate they were killed later. I just hope they can figure out approximate time of death. Jmo

Agree. Some folks that are on low carb diets will usually grill meat for the week in order to have tasty cooked food even after the microwave heat up later on.

So I can agree with your possible that his bbq was just a bbq for now.

So LE obviously has grilled him on all the events leading up to and during the weekend. I’m sure they asked him what he grilled and in what quantities. Did he cook for one or 3?

ETA: I see you just asked the same thing, Dex. Hi (wave).

Last edited:
CW told LE he was not in an affair with anyone at work. (or anyone at all??) IIRC. Then LE found out, or found out before he said that, that he actually was involved with at least the AP at work.

But what if he was technically telling the truth, and that there really was no more affair?

I keep coming back to the idea that his big blow out over the weekend was because she dumped him. Because once again SW was coming home to him/her family, there was no split up as he may have promised while the family was in NC.
I think he hated/resented SW for a long time, and had maybe harbored dark thoughts of getting rid of all of them, but maybe it wasn't some argument after SW returned that night, maybe it was precipitated by the AP dumping him.
I don't think that we will ever know the truth about that because the AP could lie about that to preserve some of her reputation, but electronic messages might tell us.

SW has been criticized for supposedly not being good with money, for overspending, etc. yet now we have a man stating that CW spent a lot of money on him-money for lip injections and makeup, among other things. IF there was financial irresponsibility then IMO it wasn't one sided at all

Not forgetting that he was having an affair with a co-worker. If they met out in the field during the day, maybe he took some packed lunches for them to share if money was tight. LOL If not, one imagines they had the occasional meal at a restaurant and perhaps the use of a motel room ... especially if she was married and had children of her own. Just saying.

I think that she took the car seats to NC with her. The big bag pic with them at the airport.

I wondered if CW had access to SW’s car while she was gone too. Had CW had access to it while she was away, he could have used that instead of his truck with GPS to go/scout to his work sites without getting tracked.
He also could have used it while she was in Arizona, the weekend before she got back to go to do preliminary work at the site where he buried them without it registering on his vehicle.

He still had access to the sites as a worker as the whole area is on restricted, private property. There is a YouTube video where a guy taped the drive from the Watts home to the site as far as he could go onto the private property. He wasn’t legally allowed to go past a certain point that was at least a quarter mile from the tanks, but you could go if you had clearance. You could still see the tanks in the distance as it’s like an open prairie but I noted from this video that the tanks were so far away from the restricted entrance area of access that nobody could have seen a person doing anything fishy there with a naked eye.

Had he been able to take SW’s lexxus there prior to the murders to prep the scene it would never have been noticed by anyone who didn’t also have access to the area.

If you was CW.

Which lawyer would you wamt?

Btw. The alleged gay partner actually hurts the case since a jury wouldn't believe that he killed his family to openly live a gay lifestyle. Jmo

Because they tried that with the Michael Peterson case.

But now we know that CW main Mistress was a woman.

So hopefully. The possible gay agenda isn't brought up at trial since it can confuse the jury on a motive standpoint. Jmo

Agree. Some folks that are on low carb diets will usually grill meat for the week in order to have tasty cooked food even after the microwave heat up later on.

So I can agree with your possible that his bbq was just a bbq for now.

Well I still want him grilled on his grilling lol! What did you grill darnit! How much!?

Sure bbqing alone could have no relevance, if the girls were alive and were just inside while he just popped out and flipped a few pieces of meat, etc, but the specific food details, IF relevant, could be crucial for whatever reasons, especially if they were already dead. I’ve seen meals/food come into play in other cases, the “pineapple” in JBR...The autopsy should be able to reveal when and what they last ate to help determine TOD, but additionally and maybe important as well could be related to movements and locations, etc. There was a case of a married lady who planned and staged her kidnapping for ransom wth her lover...When asked if fed by her kidnapper during her captivity she said she was given spicy chicken wings. By this seemingly small detail privided, LE was able to investigate and ascertain that those types of wings she mentioned maybe came from a grocery store deli, and then got surveillance from the grocery store and identified the coconspirator/alleged kidnapper.

So the point is, did he already have items at home prepared to grill (defrosted a steak, etc) OR could the items have been picked up say that day, to grill and that location be possibly somehow relevant as far as tracing his timeline of movements/locations.

I guess my question is did he go to the grocery store, and where, and when. And if so then where else did he go/what did he do and were the girls with him at the store, etc.

There’s a King Soopers close by. I wonder if he went there.

Additionally, did he got to Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart etc at all during the weekend.

Last edited:
Not forgetting that he was having an affair with a co-worker. If they met out in the field during the day, maybe he took some packed lunches them to share if money was tight. LOL If not, one imagines they had the occasional meal at a restaurant and perhaps the use of a motel room ... especially if she was married and had children of her own. Just saying.
I did read somewhere that he took her to the fast food chicken place. No wining and dining for her.

If you was CW.

Btw. The alleged gay partner actually hurts the case since a jury wouldn't believe that he killed his family to openly live a gay lifestyle. Jmo

So hopefully. The possible gay agenda isn't brought up at trial since it can confuse the jury on a motive standpoint. Jmo
I think that if it were proven that he had a variety of sexual partners it would go to the motive of he just wanted his freedom without any personal or financial obligations.

He grilled prior to her return. So it wasn't an "everyone's dead let's BBQ" moment.
Yes, that's what was discussed in the post. I think the important thing is whether or not he killed them several hours before, and whether or not the autopsy can show that. I don't think he would have thought of making sure he killed them all at the same time because I dont believe he realised it would be an issue, as it seems he did not think of that story until he was questioned by police. His original story was obviously ruined by the fact that he was caught so soon. Jmo

Wild thought out of left field: what if AP dumped him then SW comes home and says she’s leaving him and taking the kids wand he says oh no you’re not and loses it...
He could always take up again with the same sex partner although he might not be able to organise his domestic life like a woman would.

This may be a stupid question, but is there any chance this trial would be televised on national TV? I doubt it though, because the last one I watched was on OJ.
I can’t remember how the Theatre Shooting Case was covered. Seems like it was streamed online but not shown on National TV. It’s the last Death Penalty Case in Colorado.

I think whether or not they pursue the DP will be a clue as to what is in the Autopsy Reports. If there was no evidence found to support his story, then he’s looking at Death Row.

If you was CW.

I think the jury should hear every one of his sordid little secrets. Hopefully there will be enough physical evidence to convict him on all counts and any affairs, wether male or female will just be the icing on the cake.

I think that she took the car seats to NC with her. The big bag pic with them at the airport.

I’m thinking they only had one set of car seats. If C.W. had car seats in his truck, then he would likely have uninstalled them and left them somewhere. Since only the car seats in SW’s car were mentioned and not others laying around, there doesn’t seem to be evidence that they had more car seats for CW’s truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000