Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #38

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have a link to the mainstream media where he was out barbecuing on Sunday night

BANFIELD: And speaking of next door, we`re seeing the view from next door into the backyard of the Watts` family home in Weld County. And I think I can see the barbecue on the deck that you reported apparently neighbors saw him grilling out there Sunday night. That would be the night before those overnight murders Monday morning.

CNN.com - Transcripts

Not arguing, just to me she looks like Chris, especially the eyes.

Picture credit: Oxygen
I think she looked just like him too, as well as her mom. But yes, her eyes looked very similar to his. I had thought about that as well, the fact that he may have looked at her eyes. I wonder how easy it was for him to kill them having to see the look of terror on their faces. I keep thinking he used a pillow at some point to smother them. How could he have been completely detached? He must have felt something... Since we know SW was the (possibly only) one who felt so much empathy, there is no way she could have done this. We have had many more descriptions of her personality and how she was so full of life, and in contrast have rather non-descript characterizations of CW. Jmo

All I can say without a scientific poll conducted and without violating TOS regarding social media, from what I’ve seen, imo, is a wide spectrum of opinions on CW’s motivations and behavior.

They run the gamut of fanboys/fangirls who believe in his innocence no matter what, to people who reserve judgment but think he did it, to people who just reserve judgment, to people who believe he did it no matter what.

JMO, but I compare it to someone who commits suicide and people say they never saw it coming, even close family members. Many people then spend time trying to figure out what the trigger was and why (absentknown mental health issues).

I guess it’s just me. I know the end result is that SW, Bella and CeCe are dead. They were found in oil tanks. That’s not going to change. What I want to know is why.

Except there are those that put up their negative observations of SW from their own perspective, rather than attempting to just see it from CW’s perspective. It doesn’t feel like they’re trying to find out “why”. It feels much darker than that IMO.

BANFIELD: And speaking of next door, we`re seeing the view from next door into the backyard of the Watts` family home in Weld County. And I think I can see the barbecue on the deck that you reported apparently neighbors saw him grilling out there Sunday night. That would be the night before those overnight murders Monday morning. We

CNN.com - Transcripts

Close! but as a sleuther, I want to see the original post by the person she is referring to. I prefer to see the original document versus the quota document does anybody have it?

The sad thing is that with all the attacks and bashing of Shanann, I honestly don't think her personality or anything about her was the reason he did this. Not that it ever should be, but I'm speculating from his perspective.

I'm no longer sure that he even saw her as a real person anymore rather than a problem that needed to be dealt with.

IMO she had been reduced to an object that was in his way, as were the girls. This was all about him.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been answered yet as I am catching up again, but I do not believe she can own part of the house and not be on the mortgage...because mortgage is a secured debt. Secured by the house. Right?

Found on legalzoom, but our in-house Verified Attorneys can no doubt weigh in, too, as they have time:

Colorado
is not a “community propertystate, but it does have a category called “marital property.” In Colorado, most assets acquired during a marriage are considered marital property, which is subject to division by the courts in a divorce.

I guess they were all asleep if they went to bed at 6:30 and he was grilling at 7-ish.

He might have given them benadryl or something like that to make them drowsy and go to sleep. Grilling and more than likely thinking about AP.

I may be mistaken but I thought this was discussed earlier and someone said there was no benadryl in the house. IDK

Close! but as a sleuther, I want to see the original post by the person she is referring to. I prefer to see the original document versus the quota document does anybody have it?

BM, who lives next to the Watts' home, said she noticed that Christopher Watts' truck was on when she left for the gym early Monday.

She goes to the gym at 5:15 a.m. five days each week, she said, and hadn't noticed him heading out somewhere at that time before.

The night before, he was barbecuing, she said.

"I don't understand someone's mindset," M said, "to do such a horrific act."

Two more bodies found in oil and gas tanks believed to be missing girls

Good morning,

So FTR I’ve been trying to put myself in CW’s shoes, should there be any validity to Shanann strangling the girls (which I don’t think there is, moo) BUT:

With that being said, I might fly into a rage also should someone hurt my children.

However, it’s the cover up and disposal, lack of calling 911 and giving the children a proper burial which are some points I just can’t seem to get past, no matter how understanding I may be about his feelings of rage, should his story about Shanann harming the girls be true.

ETA: Additionally, Nico was his named baby boy on the way-I still think there would have been some some of sort of restraint to not kill Shanann, based on this, should his story be true.

Last edited:
Well, he didn't need to be doing any grilling or any other cooking because his caring wife had pre-cooked enough meals to cover every night while she was away.

Gosh, I did not know this!!! I am extra suspicious of why he grilled now. (1) to celebrate his decision to "be free" or to (2) destroy evidence (3) to make sure he was seen outside acting normal. MOO, JMO

Good morning,

So FTR I’ve been trying to put myself in CW’s shoes, should there be any validity to Shanann strangling the girls (which I don’t think there is, moo) BUT:

With that being said, I might fly into a rage also should someone hurt my children.

However, it’s the cover up and disposal, lack of calling 911 and giving the children a proper burial which are some points I just can’t seem to get past, no matter how understanding I may be about his feelings of rage, should his story be true.

I can't get past how he hid/disposed of his daughters.
jmo

There is a transctipt of what the neighbor said further back in the thread, if you can find it. It was posted last night.

If he had gone home after work on Monday. unlocked the back door and then called LE himself, that kind of makes sense. There were no security cams in back. It also looks like the fence in the back of the yard is a short fence, with rails. It would be easy to go through the rails or even climb over it.
All JMO.

Excellent post molly1255! Sorry to clip it, but I just wanted to focus on this bit above for jumping off. I've seen a few people theorize he was going to make it look like an abduction later. I could see him trying that as well (had NUA not foiled his plans) but I'm having an issue coming up with HOW he could he have pulled that off. Didn't we learn that their Vivint home security system tracked every time a door or window opened? And my understanding is that it would send an alert to their phones if a door remained open for a long time. If he opened a door to stage it for a break-in the time would be recorded and his phone location would also be noted as it received an alert. So the electronic evidence would show him as being home. If he ignored the alert and went to work he would have to explain how someone broke in at the exact moment he was leaving and why he didn't go back and check on that open door. He might come up with a plausible excuse (music too loud, phone on silent?) but I feel like it would be really tricky.

On the same line of thought, I have often thought his plan was to text on SW's phone pretending to be her for a day or so and then get rid of her car and other items at night sometime when it would be hard to tell who is driving. He could ditch the car within 5 miles and run back to the house. But even then I wonder how he would get back into the house without it being recorded by the door sensors. Unless he disabled the security system completely his every move coming and going from that house was tracked. I'm very interested in what the home electronics say about his activity on Aug 12 and 13. The system should confirm, for example, the time of the grilling on the deck as it would show him opening and closing that door. JMO.

Gosh, I did not know this!!! I am extra suspicious of why he grilled now. (1) to celebrate his decision to "be free" or to (2) destroy evidence (3) to make sure he was seen outside acting normal. MOO, JMO
Oh yes, it seems Shanann was quite the cook and was quite interested in healthy eating and making good meals for her family, as per her SM, etc. CW, in a video of them making “thrive bites” or something like that, cookies, iirc, I think it was CeCe snacking on the ingredients) stated cooking was not his forte or something of the like (paraphrasing sorry can not remember the exact jargon used.)

FTR I know some men who don’t “cook”, but do “grill”.

Last edited:
I woke up this morning with a sickening thought.

For background, I generally see CW as a part-truth liar; I think we get closer to the truth of what happened when we switch his accusation of SW with himself.

With that said...

The affidavit states (paraphrasing here) he went downstairs for a moment (after the discussion with SW) and returned to see, through the baby monitor, Bella sprawled on the bed and blue with SW actively strangling Celeste.

I have never heard of a baby monitor that can display *color* in low-light/dark settings - they switch to night-vision mode. How could he see that Bella was already blue?

I so want to believe that the girls were blissfully dreaming and in a half-asleep state when their lives were cut short. But, because of my belief of how CW operates and spins his story, I am left thinking that the girls were killed with the lights on, that they were awake, and that one may have witnessed the other's passing. It may also mean that SW witnessed from the baby monitor CW doing this. (My heart aches writing this.)

Further, this brings me to consider that this all happened relatively quickly, that exactly how CW said SW reacted is how CW reacted.

Just some newbie thoughts, FWIW.

Last edited:
BM, who lives next to the Watts' home, said she noticed that Christopher Watts' truck was on when she left for the gym early Monday.

She goes to the gym at 5:15 a.m. five days each week, she said, and hadn't noticed him heading out somewhere at that time before.

The night before, he was barbecuing, she said.

"I don't understand someone's mindset," M said, "to do such a horrific act."

Two more bodies found in oil and gas tanks believed to be missing girls

Thank you very much for the original quote! The way media doesn't these days, when he said he was barbecuing the night before, she could have been referring to barbecuing at the other children's party? It doesn't say at the house. I did note that.

I do know that I am critical of mainstream media these days, and how we read stuff and interpret it, especially since people here on the threads often misinterpreted folks post. Thank you again.

It appears this interview was done on Wednesday? That's why I'm not sure that this person and saying he was barbecuing the night before wasn't referring to she heard that he was barbecuing at a birthday party for somebody else? Just my opinion, and a critical opinion it may be.

That is a very good point about wanting to be seen outside acting normal. If so, would that mean the girls were dead by then?

I woke up this morning with a sickening thought.

For background, I generally see CW as a part-truth liar; I think we get closer to the truth of what happened when we switch his accusation of SW with himself.

With that said...

The affidavit states (paraphrasing here) he went downstairs for a moment (after the discussion with SW) and returned to see Bella sprawled on the bed and blue with SW actively strangling Celeste.

I have never heard of a baby monitor that can display *color* in low-light/dark settings - they switch to night-vision mode. How could he see that Bella was already blue?

SNIPPED respectfully.

I tried to go back and read everything from the beginning (but I couldn't, it is too much) but in the first threads, there is talk about the monitor and the night-mode, etc. I think the consensus was it doesn't show color much, as in you can't tell if someone is ashen or blue, and in addition some noted that the blue color will appear only at certain times, and the face will be very pale white at times, after being strangled. MOO as to what was discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025