Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #39

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, he might add that bolded part to his confession. The problem for him, is that if he knew the girls were already dead, then that takes away his legal justification for killing his pregnant wife. He is no longer protecting his daughters. And he is also killing his unborn son.
I think he has two routes there to lessen the charges from Murder 1...one, is the defense of another (thought she might still be alive) and passion/rage. From what we have read in the affidavit, I think he could still TRY and make a case for either one. Thankfully, I do not believe he will be successful IMO.

Impossible!
Honestly, just think about it ladies. You are almost 4 months pregnant, not feeling well, just got done a working weekend, your flight gets delayed by 2 hours, you finally get in at 2:00AM, tired, hungry and exhausted and all you want to do is to go to bed. But after your husband tells you he wants to separate, you suddenly get the desire and energy to strangle your two children. I don’t think so!!!
If anything, she rolled over and said “that’s fine dear, I’ll help you pack in the morning”.

(Sigh I ran out of time on my last post. Sorry about that. My head hurts lol, I’m sure yours does to after reading that long post hahaha. I’ll have to pick up part 2 later @WildWest in just a few, my brain needs a break and some breakfast it seems, going cross eyed here)

I wonder if the AP was on any birth control.

I think he has two routes there to lessen the charges from Murder 1...one, is the defense of another (thought she might still be alive) and passion/rage. From what we have read in the affidavit, I think he could still TRY and make a case for either one. Thankfully, I do not believe he will be successful IMO.
Half of me looks forward intellectually to learning how he did it, the other half of me leery of watching him stoneface/blasé at the defense table, like at the hearing when SW's Dad was so broken, CW not so much. About once a day, usually at night, it hits me what he did. So many families unsuccessfully try and try to have kids, yet someone like CW brutally snuffs out their lives and discards their little bodies like garbage.

Hey all, circling back to the drone topic. I went through some older posts, and found a relevant post from one of our VIs, Colorado303.

BBM
By Wed morning no doubt LE had approached Anadarko for Chris’s GPS records, and they were using an Anadarko drone to search sites. LE probably also asked for his email records. CO is an employment at will state and they could have fired CW just because if the fuss, but I think it’s highly likely they saw something in where he was with the truck (not where he said he was and/or was supposed to be) or something in his emails that violated company policy and provided grounds for termination. The grounds wouldn’t necessarily be even related to the case.

IMO, it would make sense for LE to use their own drones. But I hadn't even considered the possibility that the drones could have been property of Anadarko, and launched by Anadarko to aid LE in the search of the site. Jmo

“I last saw them on the monitors..”

“Blue...”

Etc etc about “monitors”

What is to CW about these monitors...How dooooo they fit?

I think something might really be up with the monitors. Idk.

Half of me looks forward intellectually to learning how he did it, the other half of me leery of watching him stoneface/blasé at the defense table, like at the hearing when SW's Dad was so broken, CW not so much. About once a day, usually at night, it hits me what he did. So many families unsuccessfully try and try to have kids, yet someone like CW brutally snuffs out their lives and discards their little bodies like garbage.
So true. No respect for life. It's part of what convinces me of the sociopath element - he was finished with that family and had no problem slaughtering them, disposing of them, and walking forward with life.

Here's a lovely pic of little Dieter. I'm sure he'll be absolutely treasured in his new home. He's the only living reminder of the family.

View attachment 149899

Shanann

Thank you for posting Deiter’s pic in his sweater. Last night it was really chilly and one of my shelter dogs from a rescue out of state where it is very hot weather was shivering for the first time as this will be his first winter so I’ve been doggie sweater shopping online.

Who bought Deiter the sweater? I imagine it was Shanann being the good mom she is.

(I love that name Deiter.)

Last edited:
Right, he might add that bolded part to his confession. The problem for him, is that if he knew the girls were already dead, then that takes away his legal justification for killing his pregnant wife. He is no longer protecting his daughters. And he is also killing his unborn son.
Exaaaaccctttlllllyyyyyyy, moo.

It seems like Chris had to think of a reason that would justify his killing Shanann, so he made up a story so horrible that he may have thought would bring either doubt or even a lesser charge of justifiable homicide. It is like him saying, well, she killed the kids, and then I killed her, so we are even. The only problem is that this theory is so outrageous and also pretty close to one of the dumbest things I ever heard, I wonder how much time he spent on it. I hope not, a lot, because it fails to make much sense. To blame a person, who is no longer able to defend themselves because you killed them, is almost like killing them again. JMO

I'm curious why he went downstairs for a moment, and I don't believe it was to get some water. It sounds like he wanted to grab something quickly, perhaps something he could strike her with, but something he needed right away.

While I often agree that CW's lies contain bits of truths, I don't see this one being true, IMO. As in, it seems this would be a convenient lie for him to tell in order to distance himself from the crime that he says was commited by someone else. As if he believed others would be stupid enough to think there's no way CW could have been involved in the horrific deaths of the girls, because he wasn't even in the same room, let alone the same floor! Of course, I believe it's all rubbish and that he killed them all. Jmo

It seems like Chris had to think of a reason that would justify his killing Shanann, so he made up a story so horrible that he may have thought would bring either doubt or even a lesser charge of justifiable homicide. It is like him saying, well, she killed the kids, and then I killed her, so we are even. The only problem is that this theory is so outrageous and also pretty close to one of the dumbest things I ever heard, I wonder how much time he spent on it. I hope not, a lot, because it fails to make much sense. To blame a person, who is no longer able to defend themselves because you killed them, is almost like killing them again. JMO

I don't think HE spent any time on it...he's not bright enough to have come up with this story on his own.

I guess that is interesting that he interjected that, versus saying she came in and I rolled over to go to sleep, and then 10 minutes later I rolled over and saw on the monitor what I saw. I wonder why he felt he needed to say he went downstairs? And if he did he would have to walk by the daughters doors as he walked back up.

Did he think that the neighbors camera would catch a downstairs light going back on? But if so, he would have thought that the lights going on before he left in his truck left would have also showed on the camera. I wonder if it actually did?
Great thoughts , I think he said he went downstairs to create an opportunity for SW to strangle the girls without someone saying you were upstairs and could have stopped her.

Hey all, circling back to the drone topic. I went through some older posts, and found a relevant post from one of our VIs, Colorado303.

BBM

IMO, it would make sense for LE to use their own drones. But I hadn't even considered the possibility that the drones could have been property of Anadarko, and launched by Anadarko to aid LE in the search of the site. Jmo

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I'm jumping off your post to ask those that might know(lawyers, LE, SAR) if privately-owned drones were used, what does that do to the chain of custody if evidence is discovered? And if evidence is not discovered, does LE regard the searched area as "ruled out" evidence-wise? Does LE/SAR operate the privately-owned drones for search purposes? Does the jurisdiction being searched determine some of these answers? Thanks in advance!

If you think about it though, it really is the best story that he could come up with, based on the facts atleast.

He can’t say he didn’t do anything, because his whole family is dead, and he is the one who disposed of them.

If he claims someone else did it, it’s actually more unbelievable than what he came up with.

His story attempts to mitigate his culpability, and cut his losses.

It will almost certainly fail, but he’s atleast given himself a shot. Albeit a blind one, in the dark.

Honestly, just think about it ladies. You are almost 4 months pregnant, not feeling well, just got done a working weekend, your flight gets delayed by 2 hours, you finally get in at 2:00AM, tired, hungry and exhausted and all you want to do is to go to bed. But after your husband tells you he wants to separate, you suddenly get the desire and energy to strangle your two children. I don’t think so!!!
If anything, she rolled over and said “that’s fine dear, I’ll help you pack in the morning”.

I really hope she did ! That would’ve knocked him right off his pedestal lol. I agree, being pregnant can really zap your energy, all you want to do is rest.

Apologies if this has already been discussed. I'm jumping off your post to ask those that might know(lawyers, LE, SAR) if privately-owned drones were used, what does that do to the chain of custody if evidence is discovered? And if evidence is not discovered, does LE regard the searched area as "ruled out" evidence-wise? Does LE/SAR operate the privately-owned drones for search purposes? Does the jurisdiction being searched determine some of these answers? Thanks in advance!
“Chain of custody” isn’t affected by a scenario in which a drone is used.

The drone simply located the scene, and gave LE an opportunity to back CW into a corner.

No evidence was collected by the drone, it simply facilitated the discovery of it.

After CW told LE exactly where the bodies were, LE took control of the scene, and with help from the oil company, drained the tanks and recovered the bodies of the children.

The drone simply provided a possible search location, and was approved or possibly even carried out, by the company.

I just don't believe the Bella is blue, SW is murdering Cece story. (actively strangling) her.
But there is a monitor stuck somewhere in his sicko brain, he mentioned it too often. Probably more like SW is trying to sleep after saying she was leaving, and she rolls over to see HIM on the monitor killing the kids. Or, he kills her in bed, and glances over, by accident see the kids on the monitor and realizes he has to kill them too.

Yup. I agree, it's just too strange that it comes up so often. IMO, could be another example of his being detached as a father, and just going through the motions. We don't know how involved CW was with the girls.

We also don't really know how attached he was to the girls, in other words, what type of bond he may have had and how genuine and strong it was. Pure speculation, but perhaps it's as simple as CW quantified his bond with the girls by the routines he did with them (or for them). Such as turning on the baby monitors and the rain machines every night before he went to bed.

If this was one of his daily duties (just speculating), that repetitive act that he remembers doing every day could have been the one thing that he missed. Not the girls, necessarily, but the act of turning on the machines. Maybe that's as close as he gets to love for them. And why we hear about it so much in the interviews. Jmo

“I last saw them on the monitors..”

“Blue...”

Etc etc about “monitors”

What is to CW about these monitors...How dooooo they fit?

I think something might really be up with the monitors. Idk.
If he saw her "blue" it was not on the monitor, it was up close and personal as he strangled her. If he saw Shanann over CeCe, she was trying to revive her. Two big "If's!" MOO

Great thoughts , I think he said he went downstairs to create an opportunity for SW to strangle the girls without someone saying you were upstairs and could have stopped her.
:) Welcome to Websleuths, Nancy! :)
I completely agree. He said he went downstairs as an alibi; he was distancing himself from the scene of the crime. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madgirl83