Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In order to believe CW's story, you would have to believe that he walked into the master bedroom and via the baby monitor, he saw Bella "blue." It’s not possible and it doesn’t matter if it was dark, the girls had night lights or the entire house was lit up like a Christmas tree. The prosecution will have no trouble proving that this never happened. MOO

Shanann Watts

Last edited:
In order to believe CW's story, you would have to believe that he walked into the master bedroom and via the baby monitor, he saw Bella sprawled out and blue. It’s not possible and it doesn’t matter if it was dark, there was a night light or the room was lit up like a Christmas tree. The prosecution will have no trouble proving that this never happened. MOO

Shanann Watts

The baby in that video could be termed as "sprawled out", albeit on her tummy. We can't believe anything he says except he really likes his shirt.

The baby in that video could be termed as "sprawled out", albeit on her tummy. We can't believe anything he says except he really likes his shirt.
True. I intended the focus to be that he saw her "blue" but was trying to include the actual wording in the affidavit. I will edit to make my point clearer. Thanks, NuttMegg! ;)

Heading to kitchen for more coffee.

True. I intended the focus to be that he saw her "blue" but was trying to include the actual wording in the affidavit. I will edit to make my point clearer. Thanks, NuttMegg! ;)

I'd forgotten how small that monitor was. You'd really have to be up close and personal to notice anything other than the baby's position.

i should have said the LIVE child in the monitor looked sprawled out. So the only "clue" he had that she was "dead" was that little face which was of indeterminate color.

Plus, with all the lies CW has been proven to have told, why should his claim that SW killed the kids be believed? What is it about that statement that makes people want to believe it but disregard other evidence?

Especially since he didn't try to revive anyone, or call 911 afterward? No, he snuck the bodies into his work truck, hauled his daughters' bodies up 2 separate flights of stairs, dumped them in 2 separate tanks of crude oil, and dug a shallow grave for his wife, which he then buried her in. Then went to work and texted/messaged his wife's phone until he rushed home to meet a concerned friend who had called the police. Then more lying ensued. All IMO.

I wonder if CW would have still supporters and internet fan clubs if he hadn’t blamed SW for the murders. Or if he looked a little more like Drew Peterson than Scott Peterson. Murderers lie and usually no one believes them yet quite a few people all over the internet seem to be buying his story and even having sympathy for him. I don’t remember seeing a case quite like this.

It happens. I came home to find another woman's underwear (much larger than mine) in my bed after going out of town for a family funeral. There were a multitude of all unbelievable explanations. My response wasn't to kill anyone. My daughter in the next room wasn't even awakened. That's what mothers do...

I wonder if the children slept with the doors open normally? Some children do, some children don't. Xxxxxxx's son may know as he was babysitting for them on occasion. I cringe at the thought that those young adults are going to be Witnesses perhaps that were the babysitters. They may be called to the stand as to what their opinion was as the baby monitor and seeing blue? And other information they may have. In addition to being there and finding the car was in the garage.

i should have said the LIVE child in the monitor looked sprawled out. So the only "clue" he had that she was "dead" was that little face which was of indeterminate color.
IMHO - If he saw the children on the monitor at all, it was after HE killed them, was in the other room for some reason, and looked at his "handy-work" on the monitor. I believe most of his lies encompassed some truth. Yes, he probably did see a blue child, after he had killed her, up close and personal, not on a monitor.

The problem with the conversation is that he first told LE that it occurred at 5:00. That hardly leaves time to have an emotional talk, go downstairs, see your wife strangling the kids and then strangle her and put the bodies in the truck by 5:27. It seems as if he realized this, and then changed the time to 4:00. Even so, it seems like an unlikely time to wake your wife up after sleeping 2 hours when she is exhausted from the pregnancy, tell her you want a seperation, then leave her in bed and go to work. It's hard enough to be fully awake after sleeping only two hours after a long fight, but the fatigue that occurs with pregnancy makes it all the more difficult. It just doesn't seem believable. I think it's more likely he strangled her when she was in a deep sleep or before she had a chance to go to bed. Jmo

This!!!

I wonder if CW would have still supporters and internet fan clubs if he hadn’t blamed SW for the murders. Or if he looked a little more like Drew Peterson than Scott Peterson. Murderers lie and usually no one believes them yet quite a few people all over the internet seem to be buying his story and even having sympathy for him. I don’t remember seeing a case quite like this.
It's true, isn't it. I've noticed the same thing. I wonder how much is due to SW being attractive and successful in life. Successful not only in her business, but in overcoming obstacles, building strong friendships and family, etc.

I'd forgotten how small that monitor was. You'd really have to be up close and personal to notice anything other than the baby's position.
Yes, it's the size of a phone! I wish we knew more about the layout of their bedroom. I would like to know how far he was from Shanann's nightstand. The affidavit says, "While in the bedroom..." Where in the bedroom was he? Or was he in the bedroom at all?
Exactly.
IMHO - If he saw the children on the monitor at all, it was after HE killed them, was in the other room for some reason, and looked at his "handy-work" on the monitor. I believe most of his lies encompassed some truth. Yes, he probably did see a blue child, after he had killed her, up close and personal, not on a monitor.
This makes the most sense to me as well.
MOO

No, I don't because I believe the whole "emotional conversation" was part of his lies to make LE believe that she had taken the girls to a friend's house as he also untruthfully asserted.
But it just seems that its important to keep an open mind to all possibilities at this point and wait until trial to make a final determination. I just think the beauty of WS is that its a safe place to discuss all possibilities and explore ideas but what seems to be happening is very entrenched POVs and we are months away from trial. I'm not sure why this is the case here?

Maybe it had to do with SW and her attempts to show "the perfect life" as opposed to reality?

I always thought it could be the scenario for the modern version of "American beauty", only online. The real life is at striking contrast with the online fairy-tale version of it.

Online version: a beautiful house, a beautiful family, the man who fall in love with SW when she was ill and is her rock.

Real version: two bankruptcies and the horrible guy who kills his whole family.

So I think that much as I personally don't believe anything CW says, there are people who, out of spite of online version of reality, say "I believe him". Maybe because in all SW's fairy-tale videos he is sort of outside, and now we know the videos are not true, so the assumption is, maybe he is true? (Only he is not).

It is a strange story, psychologically.

Where SW's version of internet reality was very far from the truth, it was her sales pitch, and yet in her death, she is telling the truth.

I think psychologists and writers will be returning to it, many times.

It is also a good illustration how reality shows and Internet news altered our perception of reality. We also are becoming more visual. Our children, even more so. All of this case is extremely visual, it appeals to "new us".

Last edited:
View attachment 150097
I hope it’s okay I posted this picture as I can’t figure out how to put a link on here yet. Anyway, I’m not sure if this has already been discussed (probably has) but did we know that CW was a big Metallica fan? lol, I was surprised too. <modsnip - rumor / no source provided>

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he did say in his porch performance that 'She barely let me..................' and thought better of it and then said 'It was real quick'. What do you think of those half statements.
I think its an interesting point you are making. I will go back and reread/rewatch that segment. Unless everything is a lie (which seems tough to do IMO) there must be some truth someplace. The issue is as outsiders to the relationship we can't easily tell truth from fiction. But its worth looking at this segment again.

Maybe it had to do with SW and her attempts to show "the perfect life" as opposed to reality?

I always thought it could be the scenario for the modern version of "American beauty", only online. The real life is at striking contrast with the online fairy-tale version of it.

Online version: a beautiful house, a beautiful family, the man who fall in love with SW when she was ill and is her rock.

So I think that much as I personally don't believe anything CW says, there are people who, out of spite of online version of reality, say "I believe him". Maybe because in all SW's fairy-tale videos he is sort of outside, and now we know the videos are not true, so the assumption is, maybe he is true? (Only he is not).

Where SW's version of internet reality was very far from the truth, it was her sales pitch, and yet in her death, she is telling the truth.

It is also a good illustration how reality shows and Internet news altered our perception of reality. We also are becoming more visual. Our children, even more so. All of this case is extremely visual, it appeals to "new us".
Agree absolutely with the idea of altered perception of reality that we have of peoples lives. To me I would just add the impact of social media into the mix here as you don't have to spend much time looking at their social media to get the sense that there was a vested interest for whatever reason to portray themselves in a certain way. I find looking at the public image people create for themselves on SM interesting in these cases as so often the reality differs greatly from the SM image. Sometimes we see SM being consistent with reality for a person but often it seems it is not.

2 bankruptcies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member