Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Everyone,

Please welcome our new Verified member, Jmartinez0303. This person is a Verified Neuropsychologist.

Jmartinezo3o3 is posting on this thread but Jmartinez0303 may post anywhere on Websleuths as a verified Neuropsychologist

WELCOME TO THE GOOD DOCTOR AND WEBSLEUTHS MEMBER Jmartinez0303!

Shanann was strong and a fighter and she was truly building/creating much of what is seen in SM. Granted they stumbled three years earlier with the bankruptcy, but they had recovered. Everyone stumbles. I don't believe what happened was in any way her fault, she was deceived by a man she loved. A man, that we have learned, who is an accomplished deceiver and liar. I also believe most of us have been deceived at some point in life, it's a human failing to trust someone. Or perhaps, a human virtue? Anyway, SW was having success in what she was doing, a lot of it was real not ephemeral.

About success, we shall probably find out. I wonder how much she was distracted by the sales not to notice what was happening?

Not to notice he was a liar? Or did she?

My post was mostly about why this case is so interesting. Not who SW was.

I don't have any opinion about who she was as so much of what was posted was not true, but I never said I believed him. Not for a second. I am sure he killed them all. I am trying to understand why so many people do (believe him).

BBM

For me it’s that I have no intention of helping a murderer re-victimize his victims. Chris Watts isn’t special. He’s just another man who murdered his family and proceeds to drag his victim through the mud. It’s been done time and time again. Same story, different year.

I have no desire to be a part of that.

JMO

That’s your choice, and I respect that. But y’all have to respect others’ choice to look at both sides. We can play nicely here. JMO

It would be interesting if the defense went down the path of TBI or some sort of brain damage that could potentially justify the flawed thinking of CW.

He reacted to SW choking the children by choking her, and disposed of the bodies.

The problem with this defense, is the subsequent lying to LEO, and news people. That will be the point to hit home for the prosecution. What caused this behavior?

And, even if CW does/did have some sort of trauma, it still does not rule out life in prison, with a finding of guilty on all counts. Aaron Hernandez definitely had brain damage, and was still sentenced to prison for murder.

A person can be a liar and not lie about everything. My only point is that it is hard to believe that no conversation took place early that morning. SW comes in late and behind schedule and most likely wakes up a sleeping household or at least her husband. I find it hard to believe that there was no conversation. Was it the conversation that precipitated murderous rage? Or was this a strictly premeditated event on the part of CW? Do we have the evidence now to say which? I'm not so sure.

IMO, the evidence we have now is that CW is responsible- we may not know or understand every little detail proceeding the event, but the evidence says he did it. I am not an attorney, and know nothing about the law regarding murder (other than what I have learned from our verified lawyers), but I don't think a person can be charged with a crime if there is not evidence to support it? Maybe one of our attorneys can answer this?
@gitana1, @Mrspratcher, @Amandaaa

The problem with the conversation is that he first told LE that it occurred at 5:00. That hardly leaves time to have an emotional talk, go downstairs, see your wife strangling the kids and then strangle her and put the bodies in the truck by 5:27. It seems as if he realized this, and then changed the time to 4:00. Even so, it seems like an unlikely time to wake your wife up after sleeping 2 hours when she is exhausted from the pregnancy, tell her you want a seperation, then leave her in bed and go to work. It's hard enough to be fully awake after sleeping only two hours after a long fight, but the fatigue that occurs with pregnancy makes it all the more difficult. It just doesn't seem believable. I think it's more likely he strangled her when she was in a deep sleep or before she had a chance to go to bed. Jmo
If I recall correctly, it was in between the arrival of first LE and 2nd Investigator to the house that CW became aware of the neighbors video camera and suddenly his statements changed to 1:48AM SW arrived home, and I departed at 5:27AM. That was not memory talking, that was evidence. MOO

Also if he went back in the bedroom, after having gone downstairs, and discovered she was not there, wouldn't he first go see where she went instead of walking over to the bedside table and looking at the moniters? Why wouldn't he assume she went to the bathroom or something? Why think she went to the bedrooms, or to check on the the kids?
I can’t make sense of it any way I look at it. The best I can do is add to your questions. First of all, if the emotional conversation took place at 4 am (or 5 am, take your pick), what was she even doing up? Say it was 4 am; she had been home for two hours and hadn’t gone to bed yet when she had a doctor’s appointment that morning? It doesn’t make sense because it’s not the truth. MOO
Hey Everyone,

Please welcome our new Verified member, Jmartinez0303. This person is a Verified Neuropsychologist.

Jmartinezo3o3 is posting on this thread but Jmartinez0303 may post anywhere on Websleuths as a verified Neuropsychologist

:) Welcome to Websleuths, Jmartinez0303! :)
I'm so glad to have you with us!​

About success, we shall probably find out. I wonder how much she was distracted by the sales not to notice what was happening?

Not to notice he was a liar? Or did she?

My post was mostly about why this case is so interesting. Not who SW was.

I don't have any opinion about who she was as so much of what was posted was not true, but I never said I believed him. Not for a second. I am sure he killed them all. I am trying to understand why so many people do (believe him).
I understand and I wasn't criticizing you. I was merely stating that there was a mix of truth and fantasy in the SM, and I believe much of it was true. It is an interesting case and it is a conundrum why so many people do choose to believe him. You're right, this is an interesting case andI think we all look forward to some clarity.

Hey Everyone,

Welcome Jmartinez0303, we are so very fortunate to have you participating in our discussions!

One, you are right. Why did I always think two? I know why - it has been discussed that besides Chapter 7, there is another type of filling, and it was the first time I heard of it. Maybe I should get back to that thread and check.
Maybe you are thinking of some of my posts when I stated I didnt understand why they did not file for chapter 13, first. You can fill chapter 7 as a backup after that, but not the other way around. If you file chapter 7 first you would have to wait eight years to file again, I think.

But it just seems that its important to keep an open mind to all possibilities at this point and wait until trial to make a final determination. I just think the beauty of WS is that its a safe place to discuss all possibilities and explore ideas but what seems to be happening is very entrenched POVs and we are months away from trial. I'm not sure why this is the case here?
Because he has been charged with 5 first degree murders and a host of other serious charges. And has been easily caught in lie after lie. And desecrated the bodies of his family. Who ya gonna believe, le or ppl who read ominous memes into innocent family videos of being squirted by a plant mister on a hot sunny day, producing squeals of laughter that many of us experienced, joyfully way back in our childhood. Let's see, number 1 or number 2. Real difficult choice.

Last edited:
Hey Everyone,

:juanettes: :juanettes: Welcome!

I was on Twitter and reading some old tweets as well. A few were of CW and SW test driving a Tesla...$80,000+.
They sure had rich taste! lol. Anyway, once again the telling music was playing in the car. “Unforgiven” by Metallica, omg. Check it out. :(

Metallica and Three Days Grace are both extremely well known and popular bands. Nothing unusual about it.
jmo

I have a question about one of the charges, “unlawful termination of pregnancy”. Is that the charge for the loss of the fetus, since CO doesn’t have a fetal homicide law? Or could CW have tried to abort the baby?

I had this same thought myself. Since CW had very little experience in dating, he may have tried to compensate by being the " hero," hoping to prove his worthiness by rescuing her and taking care of her. After all, he described himself as being the "mothering one," in an indirect way in his interview. People with the "White Night Syndrome," as it has been called, are often insecure and need constant assurance that their partner loves them and fears losing their approval and most of all, being abandoned. Maybe this is part of the reason SW was constantly praising him and publicly complimenting him so often. They often put themselves at risk of being manipulated and some have said they noticed this in SW. ( being bossy, etc.) Once reality sets in and the person no longer feels appreciated or loved, it is over for them, and they will usually leave or find another " damsel in distress." Only CW did not do this. Perhaps this is what led to his ultimately getting rid of his entire family. Jmo
I can totally see how this could be part of their relationship! And the praising and constantly reassuring sounds absolutely exhausting....

IMO, the evidence we have now is that CW is responsible- we may not know or understand every little detail proceeding the event, but the evidence says he did it. I am not an attorney, and know nothing about the law regarding murder (other than what I have learned from our verified lawyers), but I don't think a person can be charged with a crime if there is not evidence to support it? Maybe one of our attorneys can answer this?
@gitana1, @Mrspratcher, @Amandaaa

They have to have probable cause. But more importantly, the DA is often involved in the arrests in such cases and won't authorize an arrest unless there's more than probable cause from what I've seen.

I think we've seen probable cause in cases where there haven't been arrests like the Susan Powell case, Kyron Horman, and until the end, Dylan Redwine.

They often want much more in a high profile homicide case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ronjan