Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #40

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it had to do with SW and her attempts to show "the perfect life" as opposed to reality?

I always thought it could be the scenario for the modern version of "American beauty", only online. The real life is at striking contrast with the online fairy-tale version of it.

Online version: a beautiful house, a beautiful family, the man who fall in love with SW when she was ill and is her rock.

Real version: two bankruptcies and the horrible guy who kills his whole family.

So I think that much as I personally don't believe anything CW says, there are people who, out of spite of online version of reality, say "I believe him". Maybe because in all SW's fairy-tale videos he is sort of outside, and now we know the videos are not true, so the assumption is, maybe he is true? (Only he is not).

It is a strange story, psychologically.

Where SW's version of internet reality was very far from the truth, it was her sales pitch, and yet in her death, she is telling the truth.

I think psychologists and writers will be returning to it, many times.

It is also a good illustration how reality shows and Internet news altered our perception of reality. We also are becoming more visual. Our children, even more so. All of this case is extremely visual, it appeals to "new us".

Such a deep and ominous post!

That's the gist of what I understood from one of her videos. I have many thoughts on this dynamic. Mostly, many of the scenarios in my mind come back to; socially awkward, described as "dorky" CW moving in on an awesome (but ill) woman at a very difficult time for her and appear as her Knight In Shinning Armor. Except she forded on and he lost his foothold based on wooing her in her weakest moments when she persevered despite her challenges. Like it would have been ok if he cheated on his "less than better" (ill) wife but no way would he tolerate her not needing him like before as the "more than better" wife she became. Uggg, thanks for letting me jump off your post.
I had this same thought myself. Since CW had very little experience in dating, he may have tried to compensate by being the " hero," hoping to prove his worthiness by rescuing her and taking care of her. After all, he described himself as being the "mothering one," in an indirect way in his interview. People with the "White Night Syndrome," as it has been called, are often insecure and need constant assurance that their partner loves them and fears losing their approval and most of all, being abandoned. Maybe this is part of the reason SW was constantly praising him and publicly complimenting him so often. They often put themselves at risk of being manipulated and some have said they noticed this in SW. ( being bossy, etc.) Once reality sets in and the person no longer feels appreciated or loved, it is over for them, and they will usually leave or find another " damsel in distress." Only CW did not do this. Perhaps this is what led to his ultimately getting rid of his entire family. Jmo

I was on Twitter and reading some old tweets as well. A few were of CW and SW test driving a Tesla...$80,000+.
They sure had rich taste! lol. Anyway, once again the telling music was playing in the car. “Unforgiven” by Metallica, omg. Check it out. :(

Thank you JDough for the kind tone of your post. I appreciate that & I appreciate your genuine interest in others’ opinions, whether you agree with them or not. If we all could be as respectful, I think our conversations would be more productive (and we wouldn’t have to worry about the thread bring shut down).
To answer your question, I think the most obvious scenario is that C.W. did it. However, I think there could be more to this story, and all may not be as it seems. It’s fascinating to me because on the surface, we are presented with one picture of a family that, in reality, may have been entirely different. I’m anxious for more evidence to come out. MOO

Thank you for your response, MerryB. I appreciate hearing your thoughts, and have a much better understanding of your point of view. While you believe CW is most likely responsible, you are trying to have an open mind about the potential for another possibility/circumstance. I can dig that- even if I don't always agree! :D
You are correct in saying there is much more to the story- I think we can all agree on that. I, too, am anxious to hear additional evidence. We know there is some- the charges (at this point) support it.

I completely agree that things are not always how they seem. I have no doubt that the people who love ALL of them most may hear things that shock and deeply hurt them. :( As a parent, I would never be able to accept the why- no excuse/reason ever given would make his actions (before and after) justified.

Maybe it had to do with SW and her attempts to show "the perfect life" as opposed to reality?

I always thought it could be the scenario for the modern version of "American beauty", only online. The real life is at striking contrast with the online fairy-tale version of it.

Online version: a beautiful house, a beautiful family, the man who fall in love with SW when she was ill and is her rock.

So I think that much as I personally don't believe anything CW says, there are people who, out of spite of online version of reality, say "I believe him". Maybe because in all SW's fairy-tale videos he is sort of outside, and now we know the videos are not true, so the assumption is, maybe he is true? (Only he is not).

Where SW's version of internet reality was very far from the truth, it was her sales pitch, and yet in her death, she is telling the truth.

It is also a good illustration how reality shows and Internet news altered our perception of reality. We also are becoming more visual. Our children, even more so. All of this case is extremely visual, it appeals to "new us".
People have made a big to do about SW's "fake" life on Facebook. Which is so interesting since the majority of people on Facebook show "Fake" lives. Rarely does anyone go on there talking about how their children are throwing tantrums all day long, how tired they are of picking up their husband's dirty underwear, how tired they are of doing all the same crap every day, etc. What the majority do post is about how great their family is, their children, and their spouses, great date nights and trips. Everyone wonders, how they are affording that, and think man my marriage sucks only to find out, one of their children has ben kicked out of school, husband is cheating and they are getting a divorce. I have a friend that is always telling me she is going to get a divorce because everyone's spouses do more with them. I have to remind her that what she is seeing is Facebook and not people's real lives.
I have never met anyone like SW, that really just saw the best in everyone especially their spouses until I met my daughter in law. Yes my son is great but I know his flaws but she truly doesn't see ANY of his flaws. I think SW may have been that way too. Was their life perfect, obviously not, no one's is but I think she was the type of person that just made lemonade out of the lemons and decided she was going to be happy. JMO

Yes, it's the size of a phone! I wish we knew more about the layout of their bedroom. I would like to know how far he was from Shanann's nightstand. The affidavit says, "While in the bedroom..." Where in the bedroom was he? Or was he in the bedroom at all?
Exactly.

This makes the most sense to me as well.
MOO
Also if he went back in the bedroom, after having gone downstairs, and discovered she was not there, wouldn't he first go see where she went instead of walking over to the bedside table and looking at the moniters? Why wouldn't he assume she went to the bathroom or something? Why think she went to the bedrooms, or to check on the the kids?

People have made a big to do about SW's "fake" life on Facebook. Which is so interesting since the majority of people on Facebook show "Fake" lives. Rarely does anyone go on there talking about how their children are throwing tantrums all day long, how tired they are of picking up their husband's dirty underwear, how tired they are of doing all the same crap every day, etc. What the majority do post is about how great their family is, their children, and their spouses, great date nights and trips. Everyone wonders, how they are affording that, and think man my marriage sucks only to find out, one of their children has ben kicked out of school, husband is cheating and they are getting a divorce. I have a friend that is always telling me she is going to get a divorce because everyone's spouses do more with them. I have to remind her that what she is seeing is Facebook and not people's real lives.
I have never met anyone like SW, that really just saw the best in everyone especially their spouses until I met my daughter in law. Yes my son is great but I know his flaws but she truly doesn't see ANY of his flaws. I think SW may have been that way too. Was their life perfect, obviously not, no one's is but I think she was the type of person that just made lemonade out of the lemons and decided she was going to be happy. JMO

Yes. However, usually, if people are not in sales, their FBs and IGs are closed.

IMHO - If he saw the children on the monitor at all, it was after HE killed them, was in the other room for some reason, and looked at his "handy-work" on the monitor. I believe most of his lies encompassed some truth. Yes, he probably did see a blue child, after he had killed her, up close and personal, not on a monitor.
X2!

Shanann was strong and a fighter and she was truly building/creating much of what is seen in SM. Granted they stumbled three years earlier with the bankruptcy, but they had recovered. Everyone stumbles. I don't believe what happened was in any way her fault, she was deceived by a man she loved. A man, that we have learned, who is an accomplished deceiver and liar. I also believe most of us have been deceived at some point in life, it's a human failing to trust someone. Or perhaps, a human virtue? Anyway, SW was having success in what she was doing, a lot of it was real not ephemeral.

I don't know if this has already been asked, but I'm curious about strangulation as a COD for a child under five years old.

How often is it a COD for a child in that age group, when its perpetrated on the child by a parent and not an accidental death?

What would it mean from a psych perspective? I read a Wikipedia page about strangulation in DV and I could kind of 'get' that (in the sense of getting into someone else's mind) but I don't understand turning that method onto a small child as a means of causing death.

I wonder if @moonlessnight @stereopticons or @Jmartinez0303 or @MindHunter13 might have any insight on the second part of the question?

ETA What I was thinking was that we hear a lot of child deaths caused by beating, throwing a child against a wall, smothering, drowning, sometimes even stabbing or shooting. Some of these seem consistent with being done 'in rage', some of them seem to happen more in cases where there's some kind of psychotic break.

From reading the Wiki page on strangulation in DV I'm getting more of a sense that it's a tightly controlled thing, not a rage thing. Is that generally correct? How does that fit in with a possible COD of strangulation for children under-five?
Yes, it is most definitely a controlled manner of killing someone. In fact, it is most common in domestic violence situations because it gives one the ultimate feeling of power and control.

I was on Twitter and reading some old tweets as well. A few were of CW and SW test driving a Tesla...$80,000+.
They sure had rich taste! lol. Anyway, once again the telling music was playing in the car. “Unforgiven” by Metallica, omg. Check it out. :(
Just FYI the Tesla test drive was set up by her company during their vacation for promoters to test drive...so it was not something they actually had to go out of their way to do. RE Metallica, I believe his biggest tattoo was said to be a Metallica fan tattoo. Maybe from an album or a symbol of theirs? Not sure.

It’s not. And if you don’t want to look at both possibilities, I suppose that’s your prerogative. Some of us here want to look at both scenarios until we know more. JMO

BBM

For me it’s that I have no intention of helping a murderer re-victimize his victims. Chris Watts isn’t special. He’s just another man who murdered his family and proceeds to drag his victim through the mud. It’s been done time and time again. Same story, different year.

I have no desire to be a part of that.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members