Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it would be super surprising if SW contacted the AP if she found out who she was. Lots of wives would do that. Not sure how that translates to murdering her children though. I will never believe SW wanted to punish CW more than she loved herself and her children.
The AP in the Lemak case received lotsa harassing and angry emails from Marilyn. She testified at trial and the jury decided revenge at her husband rather than insanity was the motive for the murder of the three children. JMO

The discussion was about him turning on lights. The OP did not feel he would do that. So I am wondering how he knew they were blue
As I stated. His face was inches away from their faces with his hands around their necks strangling the life out of them.

And as I stated when you posted this before, there must have been some light in the girl's rooms otherwise the monitors would be ineffective and show nothing but a black room.

He saw their faces turning blue while his hands were around their throats. jmo

The discussion was about him turning on lights. The OP did not feel he would do that. So I am wondering how he knew they were blue

Toddler's rooms are rarely pitch dark. I am pretty sure there was a tiny night light somewhere nearby.

And if you are close enough to strangle someone, you are close enough to see the color of their face, even in the dark.

Just thinking.
Well it is common for women who have been abused or who have found out that their spouse was abusing their daughters, to up and leave, taking nothing with them, fearing for their lives, heading to a shelter of some sort. I wonder if LE had suspected, or found out he was abusing the girls, if that was what prompted the call to the FBI.
That is a good point. If CW was abusing the girls, that would be evidence for LE to involve the Feds.

I'll be sitting on my hands until more information comes out.

I personally do not believe that he abused the girls. I don't even know why. They never seemed afraid of him (although as I stated many times before - I don't find all the videos very telling whether about their parenting skills or their real family life). But I believe than they would have acted different towards their daddy.

This started from a post regarding what evidence there could be that SW killed the girls. I said an email, text, voicemail, etc, could be evidence and it went from there. I wouldn't be surprised to learn of a goodbye letter. I was just throwing out a thought - nothing more.

But you're not getting it out of thin air, there's the court documents filed October 12, (one case cited is about a suicide note) -

MR. WATTS’ MOTION FOR LEAVE TO FILE A PLEADING UNDER SEAL PURSUANT TO ADMINISTRATIVE ORDER 2016-04, AND FURTHER REQUEST TO HOLD AN EX PARTE HEARING ON THE ISSUE

https://www.courts.state.co.us/user...al_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/D40.pdf

It must be remembered that counsel for Mr. Watts is not the privilege-holder of protected information. Cf., People v. Sisneros, 55 P.3d 797 (Colo. 2002)(holding that, even where the government called a witness whose memory of the crime was only elucidated after speaking with a psychologist, the privilege-holder herself did not waive the privilege with her testimony at the preliminary hearing.); and Wesp v. Everson, 33 P.3d 191, 199-200 (Colo. 2001)(noting that attorneys may not disclose attorney-client privileged information, even after the privilege-holder has died).

The two cases cited -

People v. Sisneros, 606 P.2d 1317 – CourtListener.com

Wesp v. Everson, 33 P.3d 191 – CourtListener.com

I'm sorry, but "grasping at straws"? Not really. Do you have any idea how many creeps out there molest their own children? I mean, just read this forum.

Since we're talking about a murderer here, it's completely likely that he's also a disgusting child molester. Being caught or being fearful of being caught would be a heck of a motive for murder in addition to whatever other evil he devised.

edited: I don't mean that to sound rude. I was just quoting the part that I disagreed with.

Last edited:
It's odd to me that it seems to be considered a "possibility" and some "wouldn't be surprised" that Shanann had left a threatening digital footprint or suicide note and decided to strangle her little girls literally hours before an exciting ultrasound appointment... I'd think if she was in that space of not caring anymore, she wouldn't have made that appointment, and wouldn't have made plans with her friend for that day, and also wouldn't have told her friend she'd be needing her "more than ever".

If we're going to allow throwing out any and all possibilities purely based on feelings and pure speculation, why not discuss the possibility that Chris may eventually tell the actual truth that his AP was there that night, that her/him and Shanann had a confrontation and the AP ended up killing all of them and he just panicked and tried to cover for them because they are the soul mate he's never had? I mean... The evidence shows he had an AP, so... It's a possibility, right? Maybe this status conference is to announce new charges against the AP!!! There's just so much we don't know, and a lot more is going to come to light that will change everything, right?!?

In all seriousness, though, I respect the right of some members to hold onto small shreds of hope and possibilities that this man didn't do what he's accused of because it's just too horrific and unbelievable (more horrific than Chris' story I guess? And too hard to believe, even though he fits a very specific profile, very specifically?), But I do think it's a bit much to just throw out random "possibilities" that have no basis in the known facts of the case just because they "could" mean he's actually telling the truth now, even though he lied out the wazzo right up until he had evidence right in front of his face that he'd been found out.

All JMO, of course. I have every confidence the more time goes on the less we'll hear of these theories and possibilities that Shanann really was the evil, abusive, child killing, crazy jealous wife Chris is portraying her to be. It's really too bad she isn't here to actually tell the story from her view. And those precious little girls, either.

I am very interested in the digital footprints too!

What pictures might be found on CW's phone? Where any of them of his AP(s)? Was he sexting anyone and sending photos? Did he have emotional conversations with AP(s)? Did he lie to anyone in any of his text messages? What did his Facebook contain? What do his instant messages say?

I am also interested in knowing what internet sites, chat rooms, dating apps, etc. he visited. What types of internet searches were done on his phone? What searches may have been done on the home computer while SW was visiting her parents with the girls? Was he researching how to murder without leaving a trace? Was he trying to determine the effects crude oil would have on a deceased body? Was he looking for a hook-up?

Or was he searching how to become a better father/husband?

Or he was looking at sites for strangulation/asphyxiation, etc.

We've seen that before here on WS.

Is there any evidence CW didn't want to separate? If there is, I've not seen it. JMO
Well, since he told people before the murder he wanted to separate, then told NAU hours after the murder that he had told Shanann he wanted to separate, and then made sure to tell LE that HE initiated a conversation with his wife about a separation, he certainly was adament about wanting people to believe he was the one who wanted the separation. I wonder why? Jmo

I think it is very possible SW communicated her anger to the AP. Perhaps that is why CW decided to separate. If there's a trial, I think we'll hear from the AP. JMO
I'm trying to figure out how people know he asked for the separation and not SW. He was the one cheating. If she knew he was cheating, she might have been the one asking for the separation.

That is a good point. If CW was abusing the girls, that would be evidence for LE to involve the Feds.
no, it wouldn't be because SW was the parent missing, not CW and child abuse is a state crime, not a federal crime. The only reason to get the FBI immediately involved would be if local police believed the children endangered. JMO

Well, since he told people before the murder he wanted to separate, then told NAU hours after the murder that he had told Shanann he wanted to separate, and then made sure to tell LE that HE initiated a conversation with his wife about a separation, he certainly was adament about wanting people to believe he was the one who wanted the separation. I wonder why? Jmo
Exactly. That was a very important point for him to make.

Almost as important as his assertion that he had no idea where his family was.

As we’ve come to discover, he and the truth are not on good terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties