Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposing CW had been violating his daughters and SW found out. Suppose that was what the emotional discussion was really all about. I could well imagine that would generate some heated texts. If there were any.. I could imagine there would be some threats issued, to expose him to LE, his family. Just throwing that out as a possibility.
Maybe. We don't know what we don't know. It is a possibility there is evidence for this.

I think one of the VIs wrote here on WS that he told her prior the murders that he wanted to seperate. If I'm not mistaken.
I think that’s correct. It is up for us to determine if we believe a VI to be credible or not.

They are vetted, but we aren’t privy to the nature of their relationship with the parties involved.

I think one of the VIs wrote here on WS that he told her prior the murders that he wanted to seperate. If I'm not mistaken.
He told the VI? Or the VI said he told SW? I'm sorry I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows for sure that he told SW (that can tell us). I have a hard time believing SW. Not saying I don't believe the VI. Just wondering if there was any evidence besides CW's word.

Last edited:
I think it is very possible SW communicated her anger to the AP. Perhaps that is why CW decided to separate. If there's a trial, I think we'll hear from the AP. JMO

I don't think it would be super surprising if SW contacted the AP if she found out who she was. Lots of wives would do that. Not sure how that translates to murdering her children though. I will never believe SW wanted to punish CW more than she loved herself and her children.

You must know something if you would not be surprised if SW wrote a suicide note or threatening letter or text about her kids. Right? You must have some evidence to believe it is a good possibility.
It's happened in other cases and it is certainly a possibility in this one. JMO

He told the VI? Or the VI said he told SW? I'm sorry I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows for sure that he told SW (that can tell us). I have a hard time believing SW.

As far as I understood it correctly: he told Shannan that he wanted to separate. I don't know how the VI got the information. If Chris told her or Shannan told her or whoever told her.

I could easily say , hypothetically, what if SW found home made *advertiser censored* that CW and his AP made, that he left on his phone. Of course, we don't know if it is even true, since we don't know what we don't know. But he could have even involved the dog, but we don't know that, cuz we don't know what we don't know.

But Hey, that would be evidence if it was true, right?
Exactly

Very possible because I don't believe that "emotional conversation" began just prior to the murders. Remember the image of the covered doll on the sofa? It will be interesting to see which phone was used to take it. JMO

I am very interested in the digital footprints too!

What pictures might be found on CW's phone? Where any of them of his AP(s)? Was he sexting anyone and sending photos? Did he have emotional conversations with AP(s)? Did he lie to anyone in any of his text messages? What did his Facebook contain? What do his instant messages say?

I am also interested in knowing what internet sites, chat rooms, dating apps, etc. he visited. What types of internet searches were done on his phone? What searches may have been done on the home computer while SW was visiting her parents with the girls? Was he researching how to murder without leaving a trace? Was he trying to determine the effects crude oil would have on a deceased body? Was he looking for a hook-up?

Or was he searching how to become a better father/husband?

I could easily say , hypothetically, what if SW found home made *advertiser censored* that CW and his AP made, that he left on his phone. Of course, we don't know if it is even true, since we don't know what we don't know. But he could have even involved the dog, but we don't know that, cuz we don't know what we don't know.

True, could be!

Exactly. That’s a dangerous game.

Perhaps because he strangled them and their faces were inches from his while his hands were wrapped around their throats squeezing the life out of them. jmo

The discussion was about him turning on lights. The OP did not feel he would do that. So I am wondering how he knew they were blue

He told the VI? Or the VI said he told SW? I'm sorry I'm trying to figure out if anyone knows for sure that he told SW (that can tell us). I have a hard time believing SW.

CW told the VI, that 'he had asked SW for a separation many times, but she didn't believe him. '

When I saw that statement, I thought of a horrible experience I had when I was only about 20. I fell into the clutches of my manipulative boss, who was married. And he used to tell me that EXACT same thing. " I tell her over and over we need to divorce but she doesn't believe me."

Being young and naive, I took him at his word. But eventually I found out it was a load of total BS. He was just saying what he thought I wanted to hear. But he had no plans to divorce her and create financial chaos.

When the VI said that about him, I felt like CW was probably LYING to his friends and family, by complaining about his wife, but playing the victim, saying he was 'trying' to separate but she didn't believe him.

What does that even mean---'she doesn't believe me? ' If yo want to separate from your spouse, then DO IT. You don't need their permission. You get the ball rolling and it will get done.

A suspect lying to police is something local police can and should handle without the FBI's help. From my own experience, I also know local police often don't immediately get involved unless it is feared the missing children are in danger. Something was said by either NU or CW to lead them to believe the children were in danger and that's why the FBI were called.

Tuesday, Aug. 14

7 a.m. — A Frederick police detective, upon learning that neither Shanann Watts nor the girls had returned home, requests that a press release about their status as missing be sent out and seeks assistance from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation and ultimately the FBI.

Timeline: Key dates in investigation of deaths of Shanann Watts, 2 daughters in Colorado
edit to add link.
Just thinking.
Well it is common for women who have been abused or who have found out that their spouse was abusing their daughters, to up and leave, taking nothing with them, fearing for their lives, heading to a shelter of some sort. I wonder if LE had suspected, or found out he was abusing the girls, if that was what prompted the call to the FBI.

I wouldn't be surprised if it were true, as awful as that is. It's happened in other cases. If it is true, it would be considered evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME