Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a post where the poster actually went so far as to say, and I quote, that they thought CW "just got sick of her stuff" and some other negative comments about SW which was extremely disturbing, and there have been a few others (maybe by the same poster? not sure) that she was controlling, "forced him" into the MLM lifestyle or pushed him hard to provide a luxurious lifestyle beyond their means.

These posts are definitely the minority and probably easy to miss in this fast-moving thread, but they are very upsetting, especially since there is NO EVIDENCE in the many many interviews we have from family, friends, neighbors, acquaintances, co-workers etc. to suggest any of this about SW. And even if there were, it would be NO excuse for what CW did to her and those poor baby girls!
Thanks, I was questioning whether I saw the questionable comments here or elsewhere. (Making mental note to screenshot or save links, so I don’t qas light myself!)

What I find even more perplexing is that he just doesn't seem that intelligent! So how did he fool everyone into believing he was this person when he allegedly was not? Most of us were not fooled by the news interview but up until that point the people in his life thought he was this great husband and doting father (at least, we haven't heard anything to the contrary at this point).
The only thing I can think is, he was a great husband and doting father...until the new woman came along and then he was done with them all. I just don't think you can fake for that long without slipping up in front of someone. I have two friends who were married to brothers, those were the best fathers, very active in their children's lives. Met someone else, left their spouses and forgot their children. People watching on the outside, spouse and children, all were baffled. Why he chose to kill them all, instead of leaving, only he knows.

And he doesn't appear to be grieving for any of them.

He's grieving for HIS loss- Loss of Freedom

He thought he'd have been done by now. Playing the part of the brave devastated family man. Getting support. Being able to hide away ( "I just need some time alone to process all this").

Then in only a couple of weeks (because he can't act this out much longer) .... "I'm trying to move on from it all, I'm putting the house up for sale and moving on"

He's only sorry for Himself. He doesnt grieve for his beautiful family because they don't exist for him anymore. It's All About Him

What if the 6 weeks vacation was not a vacation, but a trial separation that they did not want to announce because they wanted to keep their ideal marriage/family intact? Some people decide during the time of a separation that long that they really miss their partner and go back to the marriage with a new resolve to make things work. Others feel great relief being apart and want to end the marriage.

I wonder if it was CW that had borderline issues along with narcissistic issues. Did you notice how he talked about a quiet house more than actually missing his family? I think that during that 6 weeks he may have felt abandoned, and he decided that his family was not leaving him. Just because he was having an affair did not mean that he was in love. He may have just been using that woman to feel the void.

I'm not sure that he told SW at all that he wanted a separation. She may have come in and he jumped her for being so late leaving him with the kids when he had to go to work the next morning. She said that he shut down emotionally 3 weeks ago. If he really cared about the other woman, he wouldn't have gone to NC right before she came back. I think he may have broke down and shut off during that 6 week hiatus and the mistress was just a diversion. I really don't think that he told her that he wanted a separation that night, because I feel it might have already happened. The die was cast and he quite possibly jumped her when shortly after she walked in the door.

There was a post where the poster actually went so far as to say, and I quote, that they thought CW "just got sick of her stuff" and some other negative comments about SW which was extremely disturbing, and there have been a few others (maybe by the same poster? not sure) that she was controlling, "forced him" into the MLM lifestyle or pushed him hard to provide a luxurious lifestyle beyond their means.

These posts are definitely the minority and probably easy to miss in this fast-moving thread, but they are very upsetting, especially since there is NO EVIDENCE in the many many interviews we have from family, friends, neighbors, acquaintances, co-workers etc. to suggest any of this about SW. And even if there were, it would be NO excuse for what CW did to her and those poor baby girls!
I think people are just trying to figure out why. I have seen those post. There is nothing that SW could have done or not do that caused him to do what he did. Everyone has choices. He chose to wipe out his entire family. He could have left. If he didn't want to pay child support, lots of men figure out how to get out of that without killing. He made the choice. His fault and only his fault.

He's grieving for HIS loss- Loss of Freedom

He thought he'd have been done by now. Playing the part of the brave devastated family man. Getting support. Being able to hide away ( "I just need some time alone to process all this").

Then in only a couple of weeks (because he can't act this out much longer) .... "I'm trying to move on from it all, I'm putting the house up for sale and moving on"

He's only sorry for Himself. He doesnt grieve for his beautiful family because they don't exist for him anymore. It's All About Him

The neighbor did not say he was selling the house . He mentioned it crossed his mind. A passing thought.

Thank you! I’m happy to be here, although under such unfortunate circumstances.
In the arrest affidavit, the second paragraph of the Narrative section it states she reported that at SW house her vehicle was in the garage and car seats inside.

Prior to the affidavit being released, numerous MSM released conflicting reports, some even stating that SW car was in the driveway, and various versions of Nickoles story upon arriving at SW house that day. I tried not to let the car/garage/window height nag at me until there was some kind of official report about the location of the car and how it was noticed. Now that the affidavit is released and specifically says that NIckole reported the car in the garage with the car seats.... just not jiving with me.

Maybe her concerned friend backed her own car up into the driveway, up to the garage door, then used the bumper to step up onto to peek in through those upper windows (of the garage doors)?

I haven’t had a chance to post for days as it’s been closed for the evening.

But the baby monitor story(ies) have been really bothering me. IMO neither is true, but C.W. doesn’t seem to be the smartest of individuals and whilst he’s been changing his story as he goes along (eg he said they had an emotional convo at around 2am, then precisely 1.48 after friend quoted in media, then 4-5am in his affidavit), it seems to be based on a timeline of events that could be plausible, if we switch perspective. I hope to god that he wasn’t a sadist as well as a narcissist, and that the images he describes seeing on the monitor are not in fact what Shannon saw before she died and not him. His story is but I don’t understand why the monitor remains an essential component - unless he thought that because it was in his original statement he needed to find another way to incorporate it.

Last edited:
@Ellie1 I think your theory on the bedsheets is super interesting and very believable! Ripping them off because she knew of the affair or he told her and trashed them.

Ok- this is just a thought and NOT attacking SW. She had a few posts and videos on how this product has completely changed her. How she is more patient with her kids and husband. I have Grave’s which has some similarities to lupus- I’m obviously just speculating- but I wonder if the health issues she had over the weekend kicked in and affected patience. Usually with Lupus or Grave’s it can send you into rages. I have experienced this myself- seething even :-(
I’m willing to bet the defense will use this.

“Mood swings and personality changes. People with lupus may experience unpredictable changes in moods and personality traits. This can include feeling of anger and irritability. These may be related to the disease process or, in some cases, the use of corticosteroid medications.”
https://www.webmd.com/lupus/guide/psychosocial-aspects-lupus

I believe CW killed them all- I just think this may be something the defense will bring into the picture and who knows if just one jury member believes this.

Peeking, I am so sorry you experience this with your Grave's. I have Lupus and have periods of time where I am challenged emotionally, but I've never experienced any kind of rage issue.

It would be an interesting angle as part of CW's defense but I feel it would be shot down quickly based on her medical records and medications. JMO

Going back to my odd feelings about NU-A and the car in the garage- I’m desperately trying to find photos of the left side of the house because I’m positive I saw that there’s no windows. The pic was probably a SS from a news report and we all know there’s TONS of them to look through. I did however find a photo showing no window on the right side (by the front door), AND a photo of CW standing in front of the doors for size comparison.
I will keep looking for the photo of the left side. I’m pretty sure the garage did not run the entire depth (?) of the house therefore any windows in the back yard wouldn’t be garage windows, it would be living space.

Attachments

• 8E0C1D56-7078-4EA3-A19B-33F044E9872C.png
    8E0C1D56-7078-4EA3-A19B-33F044E9872C.png
    185.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 88375042-61EB-4DE1-B2A3-99E273EC2F68.png
    88375042-61EB-4DE1-B2A3-99E273EC2F68.png
    184.3 KB · Views: 126
I’m hearing a lot of accusations over CW being your typical narcissist... but is there any chance he was suffering from depression, or was even bipolar? I ask this because when I look at that interview he gave, I didn’t see someone that was arrogant or thinking purely about himself, I saw someone who is in a daze, numb, and going through the motions. No emotion whatsoever.

Regarding the lady who took the pictures in the bungee line. Some of us may find that strange or uncomfortable, but SW's entire livelihood depended on her outgoing personality. She was her brand, in a sense. And she seems like she'd naturally be a friendly, engaging person anyway. So I don't think it's strange that it happened, but I do think it's a bit odd that this lady needs her 15 minutes. CW in repose is certainly intriguing in it, though. Could not be less interested in anything other than his phone. Perhaps he'd hit a new high on Candy Crush?

Am I the only one who is already tired of the phrase "emotional conversation"? It reminds me of "conscious uncoupling." And we've only just begun to hear it and wow, the definitions of "emotional conversation" are going to come fast and furious.

MOO and good afternoon WS.
Agreed, on both counts.

The neighbor did not say he was selling the house . He mentioned it crossed his mind. A passing thought.

Who even mentions selling their house when they fear their family has been abducted and has been missing for less than 48 hours?

A normal person desperately hopes their loving wife and children will return to that home they all live in.

This is another Freudian slip.

He's gotten rid of the family. Now he's let it slip he's thinking about getting rid of the house, too..... It's just part of his whole disordered thinking about freeing himself.

A positive note in this? I bet there is a truck load of evidence in this one. Like a semi truck load. CW may have thought he was a mastermind, but he sure did an awful lot of dumb, predictable stuff. Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, if you were going to doing something like this, wouldn't you maybe research how the others got caught and maybe try avoid those types of things? I bet his computer, his phone and his work truck (likely has GPS) are just a prosecutor's dream.

Going back to my odd feelings about NU-A and the car in the garage- I’m desperately trying to find photos of the left side of the house because I’m positive I saw that there’s no windows. The pic was probably a SS from a news report and we all know there’s TONS of them to look through. I did however find a photo showing no window on the right side (by the front door), AND a photo of CW standing in front of the doors for size comparison.
I will keep looking for the photo of the left side. I’m pretty sure the garage did not run the entire depth (?) of the house therefore any windows in the back yard wouldn’t be garage windows, it would be living space.
great observation.

A positive note in this? I bet there is a truck load of evidence in this one. Like a semi truck load. CW may have thought he was a mastermind, but he sure did an awful lot of dumb, predictable stuff. Just to play devil's advocate for a moment, if you were going to doing something like this, wouldn't you maybe research how the others got caught and maybe try avoid those types of things? I bet his computer, his phone and his work truck (likely has GPS) are just a prosecutor's dream.
work computer/email if he had access to one on the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicky Trout