Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused on most peoples assumption that he was the controller/narcissist. If he was so controlling why let her start THRIVE? She was interacting with new people daily, surely a controller would not be happy with this. I'm no expert but don't they try to isolate their OH's? rather than actively encourage them?

This is why I'm leaning towards him waiting until SW went to sleep as well. I think he likely killed his children before she arrived home, she comes home and goes to bed and then he strangles her.

I'm honestly not too sure any sort of confrontation even occurred at this point. I think that fits nicely with his story because he needed to have some reason to blame SW for strangling their children.

I think he had planned to kill her, he waited for her to go to sleep which probably didn't take very long, and he strangled her.
THIS. The same way I’m thinking. Shoes by front door (she kicked them off), suitcase at bottom of stairs as was stated officially, maybe went to kitchen for a glass of water, upstairs then flopped in bed, looked at the monitor on her night stand. To show two beds in one room, the camera had to be near the ceiling and on night vision mode, they’d appear to be in slumber. Shoot, but her cell phone was found in the loft area, so there goes my thought on a peaceful type murder (for lack of better verbiage).

Jmo, but I think he tortured her first by showing her her dead babies before killing her. :(
Me too, or she asked where kids were he said i’ll Show you and then kills her there.IMO

Last edited:
I'm confused on most peoples assumption that he was the controller/narcissist. If he was so controlling why let her start THRIVE? She was interacting with new people daily, surely a controller would not be happy with this. I'm no expert but don't they try to isolate their OH's? rather than actively encourage them?
But it fit into HIS gain too ($, trips, etc)

As I googled CW name, I came across allot of reading but it has been half erased already. Can't post anything because it's gossip at the moment. Not MSM

That part confuses me too. Her circle was constantly growing and she was meeting and interacting with new people regularly. Isolating their victims is a go to for abusers (and narcissists, controllers) so it really doesn't fit in. The video of them together in San Diego even - he was right there for it. It's seems odd.

@Seattle1
A Google Maps search using the coordinates of the site, which are included in the affidavit, shows a desolate area in which a dirt road leads to a couple of large oil tanks.
Watts%20body%20location.jpg

This 2018 Google Maps image shows the location where Chris Watts, 33, of Frederick, Colorado, disposed of the bodies of his pregnant wife, Shanann Watts, 34, and their daughters, Bella, 4, and 3-year-old Celeste. Investigators found the girls' bodies submerged in crude oil inside the two tanks shown. Shanann Watts' body was buried in a shallow grave near the tanks. The bodies were dumped at a work site belonging to Anadarko Petroleum Corp., for whom Chris Watts worked prior to his arrest, about 60 miles from the family's home.
Shanann Watts’ girls may have been dead when she got home, husband’s c

Click on the photo. Take note of remoteness - nothing visible for miles.

Late Edit: post brought forward from thread 6
Seattle1, Yesterday at 5:36 PMReport

Thanks for this post! I don't know what to think about CW, he would take on an unemployed, physically ill wife with debt...why would he do that, knowing what we know about him? Maybe he loved her in the beginning then saw her as baggage he no longer wanted to deal with (clearly) that is what he thought, look what he did to her and her children..but in the beginning...he married her in her tough spot...maybe to have her forever grateful to him, with a narcissist, anything for supply.

I was thinking along the same lines. IMO he did love her in the beginning, but like a lot of cases, life changes, people change. I think something happened when he started losing weight, gaining muscles ... He went from a Dad bod to a Hot bod and started getting attention. He started having an affair and got tired of his married life. I do not believe for one second SW killed her kids. If I come home from a business trip, late from flight delays and am tired and my Husband wants to tell me he's leaving me, I might think about killing my husband, but definitely not my kids. No Way ... I'd let him walk out the door and move on with my life. He is such a liar and it is beyond pathetic to try and convenience people SW would ever harm her children. And I honestly believe he planned this out and killed the girls before she got home. I think the flight delay threw a wrench in the plan and he had to change things up at the last minute. I only hope she didn't see it coming and didn't know her girls were already dead.

Jmo, but I think he tortured her first by showing her her dead babies before killing her. :(

I think that's a good possibility too, sadly.

And the requests for DNA tests on B &C's little necks gives me pause... BUT

It makes me wonder - is there any evidence of her DNA on them?

OR - is that something his defense brought up based on his story, and he just can't back away from those tests now?
Lawyer - 'Well heck, CW, if that's what happened, a simple test will prove your story!'
CW - *crickets as he realizes that he just messed up MORE*

With what I know of him right now, he seems pretty dim. So I go back and forth on whether the girls were still in the house or not when Shannann got home.

moo

here is where we are

with tos

any claim we make must be supported by a confirmed MSM link

so

any post that starts with or in the middle or at the end that states as fact

any of the following

as he was strangling his kids

before he strangled his kids

when he was strangling his kids

is speculation

it is in ones opinion

but for some reason on this tragedy it goes on and on

what we know

he strangled his wife per him

he moved all three

per officials

and his released confession

that is what we know

anyone is presumed innocent until found guilty by a court of law

so we cannot be on here

saying he did he killed three people

he has not been proven in a court of law of that

however

there has been no LE confirming he confessed to murdering everyone

he confessed to murdering his wife and transporting three

anything else posted here

needs to imo have the same qualifiers like on any other thread

that clearly outlines it is our speculation

for some reason the thread has gone on with declarative statements that are only speculation

without the qualifier that it is only that - it is one's opinion and speculation

why that is

i do not understand

we have no confirmation per official sources that he say she killed two kids

what can i say

all i think per tos

is anyone stating that is offering speculation

declares that

like on any case that needs to be outlined as speculation only

all I am suggesting here

as any other thread

anything posted

not confirmed

moo

I believe we are allowed to speculate about suspects. He has been charged with murder of those little girls. Therefore we are clear to speculate all we want about him. SW is not named a person of interest or suspect in their deaths, and therefore she is a victim and off-limits.

My first husband was like this....more like a pimp........work woman bring in more money...love this mirrored lifestyle. I worked my butt off. I owned a large business and he played manager while cheating etc.

Yes and no. Not every narcissist/abuser is severely controlling. It really depends on the type.

For example, my friend who was dating my ex-friend (narcissist) could go places and have friends, he just simply berated her about it. ("You're probably out at the bars being a *advertiser censored*", "Oh, how many guys are you screwing behind my back?" etc)

My covert narcissist ex controlled the things we did together. We watched the movies he wanted to, ate the meals he wanted to, etc... but he didn't isolate me from family or friends.

There are levels of control within any abusive relationship. They aren't all extreme.

And her “oops we did it again” shirt seems to imply that it wasn’t planned “oops”
Yes, I noticed that too. To be honest, the way she videotaped telling him, so he knew he had to act happy for the camera, seems kind of manipulative to me. (But nothing beyond what millions of wives and practical jokers do).

I'd prefer to tell my husband privately, then make a video together sharing the news.

I'm a long time lurker who has been following this thread from inception.

There has been so much discussed thus far, my brain is a bit scattered with all the details pouring out.

I absolutely believe at some point SW and CW discussed separation and CW came to the realization that he was:

-Going to have to pay child support for three children.
-Be responsible for half their debt.
-Split the sale of the house/assets.
-Pay lawyer fees for the divorce.
-Pay a percentage of three childrens' medical/dental care. (the highest medical cost being the birth of their third child)

We now know that he was involved with a co-worker, how likely would that affair or any new relationship last if he was tied financially to his family? He had a newly fit body, presumably developed confidence from the affair, and a decent enough income. But the debt and financial obligations far exceeded what he could afford in order to play bachelor...gas in the tank but nowhere to go, so to speak. I believe this played into his frustrations.

SW had spent a large chunk of time out of town visiting family. He had freedom. But it was short lived and then immediately followed by caring for their two girls. Possibly the mistress was done playing second fiddle to the "perfect family" persona while he straightened his end of things out. She may not have known about his family, but I doubt it. I think a possible scenario is that the AP gave him an ultimatum. Get out of the marriage or we are done. I have no idea if she was married as well. I'm sure it will all come out in the wash.

SW's income revolved around the persona of being in the perfect marriage with the best husband ever. They portrayed themselves as the Joneses. SW's world was falling apart around her, although she did have massive support in family back in NC. I believe that the women in SW's mother's shop knew what was going on behind closed doors because gossip is what hair salons live by. I think she would have come out the other end of a divorce completely fine with her family's/friends' support and her children. This is why I do not believe she laid an aggressive hand on her girls.

As CW said in his horrid relationship video, I believe he fell out of love gradually. He fell out of love with the idea of their marriage. And instead grew to resent the perfect persona they had to portray for SM/the MLM. He resented his children for existing because they caused a roadblock to "his happiness" and a financial tie that he couldn't afford. Or didn't want to afford. He wanted to press the reset button and thankfully was too unintelligent to do so without leaving piles of evidence everywhere he went.

IIRC SW put the money down on their 1st home, I am not sure if its the home included in the bk ... but clearly when the new wife (SW) is putting the downpayment down on the house, the husband thinks she's going to continue to provide .. we know how that ended up, them in bankruptcy and maybe or maybe not losing the house (soon).

CW's new GF could have been a major bread winner for him..and hmm, how to keep all of her money and his money for himself, get rid of SW and her kids..

I agree with this. It would be very interesting to find how much of the debt from the bankruptcy was his premarital debt. My guess is a lot of it was his, and that he was in dire financial circumstances when he targeted SW. I do think he targeted her. She had a home with equity. We can all clearly see just how much empathy he really has for SW. Zero. None. I think he fooled her into thinking he was empathetic and supportive of her struggles with lupus.

My guess is the move to Colorado was his idea and it was a calculated ploy to separate her from her family, and to force her into selling her home so he could get his hands on the equity money and control it and whatever else she had.

I'm thinking the new gf had a good job, earnings and future potential earnings. I think she was also a homeowner. The new gf really missed a bullet with this loser, though I so wish it had been SW and the children who had managed to miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota