Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we've inferred that SW got the home in NC in the divorce from 1st husband King, and the sale of that house may have provided a down payment for the CO home she bought with CW. Does anyone know how much they bought that home for? The reason I ask is that they list it in their bankruptcy filing as owing $400,000 on it in 2015 (they bought it in 2013). Did they buy it for more than that?

Another possibility is that they used the downpayment to try to pay down their debt, before finally deciding to declare bankruptcy. Looking at their filing, it appears that there was student loan debt (not sure who that belonged to, maybe both), which isn't discharged in a bankruptcy, medical bills (which I assume were SW's), the house they bought in 2013, and miscellaneous credit card debt (Nordtrom, Macy's).

We know SW was very ill with Lupus at the time they met, and had either lost or had to quit her job because of it. Once they moved to CO, she worked at a call center at a hospital for several years until she began selling THRIVE.

I think she was actually ill, unemployed, and in debt when they met. She may have had the money for their downpayment (we probably can figure that out if we know how much they bought the house for in 2013, seeing as they owed $400K in 2015). But, I think CW was the breadwinner. At least at the beginning.

Just interesting to note. We know they were still having financial difficulties. And mistress had a good job and good education....

Thanks for this post! I don't know what to think about CW, he would take on an unemployed, physically ill wife with debt...why would he do that, knowing what we know about him? Maybe he loved her in the beginning then saw her as baggage he no longer wanted to deal with (clearly) that is what he thought, look what he did to her and her children..but in the beginning...he married her in her tough spot...maybe to have her forever grateful to him, with a narcissist, anything for supply.

I read that SW was married and divorced prior to her marriage to CW and that when they moved from NC to CO she sold her home and used that as the downpayment, again I don't recall where I read that, and I could be wrong.

But, you are 100% that it is HUGE incentive to get rid of her, the kids, the 3rd kid he didn't want and sell that house, have a nice tidy nest egg and a wealthy smart AP..again just our own opinions! If I can find where I read SW paid the downpayment I will link it.

Filing for bankruptcy 3 years in to the Rest, sounds like SW was in trouble with this guy right off the bat..its really so so sad...

There’s a long video on her FB...she starts inside the house then goes outside...and she talks about saving up herself for her first house. It didn’t sound like she was married...it was like she did it all on her own.

<snipped>
SW Mom’s coworkers in beauty shop were confusing, “they were excited about baby” - they cut his hair, there are photos of him getting haircut, to one saying “they were definitely going to separate - no question - they had plans to separate.” ??? Did it go from an amicable agreement to separate to murder because she seemed “fine” with separation?
I can't watch that video, it just takes forever to load.

Is the beauty salon worker really such a reliable witness? Maybe she's just expressing her theory, after discussing this for days with her coworkers. Also, it's pretty exciting to be interviewed for TV, maybe you say something that will make sure you get on the program, especially as interviewers are very skilled at asking leading questions which they then edit out.

Last edited:
After all that work , I hope you save that on the Resources and Media thread, or it might already be there if Pommery & Spell have transferred it over

( Page 1 of every thread if anyone else is interested in finding old links)

Good idea! I've moved it over.
Here is a GIS map showing the location. I found it by using the coordinates and it matches with the Google Map photo. The application has lots of information and is not very user friendly. Took me hours to get the well account number which by the way is 01469799. There are two different videos. The short one is of the actual place where they found the bodies. The easiest way to identify it is that there are 2 storage tanks, and 1 bottom of a storage tank that was previously removed and only has the bottom showing. It looks like a dark circle. Here is the GIS map with coordinates and if you are able to use the Account Number 01469799, you can zoom in very close and see better than the Google Earth. This photo only shows the remoteness and not a close-up.

Thank you so much for doing this. We have it in the media thread to refer to, as needed. MEDIA, MAPS & TIMELINES - NO DISCUSSION - - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4

I thought the comment he made in the “reveal” video could be considered somewhat hostile when I listened to it again...”I guess when YOU want something enough, it happens.” Maybe he wasn’t speaking collectively of BOTH of them wanting a third child...but that Shanann wanted this so SHE made it happen.
And her “oops we did it again” shirt seems to imply that it wasn’t planned “oops”

I thought the comment he made in the “reveal” video could be considered somewhat hostile when I listened to it again...”I guess when YOU want something enough, it happens.” Maybe he wasn’t speaking collectively of BOTH of them wanting a third child...but that Shanann wanted this so SHE made it happen.
Could very well be, and where I landed as well.
I interepreted based on her SM posts that he was telling HER, if SHE finally wanted to happen it would.
I’m a bit biased though 1) I had taken a break from Mollie and started taking interest in this one no more than 5 mins prior arrest announcement. In my head, “ok, may be after SP, I’m ready to do WS on this one (SW, etc)”. Then firing, confession just all started flowing. But,
2) Also clouding my mind is that I have an older sister that passed due to lupus and having multiples. Hence me biased to believing it was she that needed to be convinced to try for their 3rd.
IMO he didn’t seem disappointed.... caught of guard and got stupidly confused by part of the stick being pink. I only buy that because this is almost to a T how I announced to my DH that we were pregnant. I didn’t get that shirt, or a shirt for me, but had gotten him a shirt and tucked it away in my “hope drawer” and it read, “I make beautiful babies.”
Again, I’m probably way more biased than most driving by my own experience and heart on that topic.

People --LE matched a sheet located in the field to sheet pattern located at the residence. Does it matter what bed they came from! It's already established that pillow slips and/or sheets were discarded in a heap on floor and also in home garbage. No reason to make this a red t-shirt...

Wasn't trying to make the sheets a 'red t-shirt'.
It just puzzled me that he would be that unintelligent to leave incriminating evidence at a crime scene. ??? I mean who is that stupid?
Unless they were 'meant' to be found ... having the DNA evidence he wanted them to find on them?

Just can't wrap my head around a person being that bumbling. Matching sheet in the trash at home & at the disposal site??

I'll let it drop ... Just baffles me. I'm not the brightest, but, I guess dumb criminals do get many viewers on YouTube - must be many, many out there. :)

And her “oops we did it again” shirt seems to imply that it wasn’t planned “oops”
Take off from Brittany spears’ song only, “oops, I did it again”, I don’t t give too much thought into the wording on that shirt. Her SM posts already state clearly they were trying and he had to talk her into it (I can only assume due to her lupus... but again, I’m not a good judge because I had a sister die after doctors told her do not have a second, your body can’t handle it. She died a few months later).

I know HE said he strangled her, but he's a liar. So, have the coroners results supported that is what I'm getting at.

No, the only official document that's been released pertaining to her death was the affadvit.

Wasn't trying to make the sheets a 'red t-shirt'.
It just puzzled me that he would be that unintelligent to leave incriminating evidence at a crime scene. ??? I mean who is that stupid?
Unless they were 'meant' to be found ... having the DNA evidence he wanted them to find on them?

Just can't wrap my head around a person being that bumbling. Matching sheet in the trash at home & at the disposal site??

I'll let it drop ... Just baffles me. I'm not the brightest, but, I guess dumb criminals do get many viewers on YouTube - must be many, many out there. :)
Not a red shirt moment, IMO. And it will be brought up I am sure of it during trial. One sheet in kitchen trash can, one in/on Shanann’s cold burial by him just leads me even moreso that he thought he had time to stage/hide/replant/cover up.

Super strength to strangle 3 with bare hands. Girls asleep? I'm surprised he wasn't scratched up or bitten.

This is why I'm leaning towards him waiting until SW went to sleep as well. I think he likely killed his children before she arrived home, she comes home and goes to bed and then he strangles her.

I'm honestly not too sure any sort of confrontation even occurred at this point. I think that fits nicely with his story because he needed to have some reason to blame SW for strangling their children.

I think he had planned to kill her, he waited for her to go to sleep which probably didn't take very long, and he strangled her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmoothieQuota