Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
good catch! NUA said SW was not feeling well on trip home.

As I mentioned earlier, I think during her trip in AZ she got word of CW continued affairs, the girls left with a babysitter on Saturday, etc and at this time realized they would definitely be separating. I think her not feeling well was more anxiety and stress of what’s to come in the future with her marriage and not being able to be there with her girls and to handle the situation, along with having to put on her usual happy smiling face for the thrive girls.

Only thing that I still can't get straight - just going from MSM sources
- SW mum & hair salon co-worker knew there was going to be a split/separation ( from SW as source)
- why doesn't NU/NA know ( in her TV interview ABC she said she didn't know when CW brought that up that afternoon.)

Would this just be a privacy thing - SWtoo embarrassed to even say it to a friend? ( N)
Sorry, I have missed these sources that say there was going to be a split/separation, could someone provide a link please?

There are so many holes in his stories that it could be swiss cheese.

I was just noticing during his TV interview that he said he saw SW's friend on the doorbell camera and then said "and then I was like 'Hey, what's going on'" - like HE was the one that contacted her friend. But in the arrest affidavit, her friend says SHE called CW and requested he come home because she was concerned. HE was not. Again...in the interview with SW's friend, she said CW wasn't concerned because she was at a playdate. Yet, in his interview, he is stating he was panicked enough to "blow through lights" to get home.

I think it was more like he saw her friend on the doorbell camera and started freaking out as to what she would find. Then when she called and he couldn't convince her all was okay and that she was calling the police, he started freaking out and was blowing through lights to hopefully get there before the cops did.

One other note - I note in the Arrest Affidavit that her friend attempted to open the door but it would only open a few inches due to a latch. So, either she had a key that worked only for that door or the door was only locked with an inside latch. I would think CW seeing her using a key or trying to open the door and get in the house probably freaked him out even more.

I haven’t seen much discussion about the fact that SW death was caused C.W. terminating her pregnancy. To me this seems HUGE. Maybe I am reading it backwards but it looks to me that she died because he terminated her pregnancy. I have zippo law experience.

Attachments

• 70B0084E-1B2D-4107-94A7-6BD9E0DB8493.png
    70B0084E-1B2D-4107-94A7-6BD9E0DB8493.png
    130.3 KB · Views: 16
There are so many holes in his stories that it could be swiss cheese.

I was just noticing during his TV interview that he said he saw SW's friend on the doorbell camera and then said "and then I was like 'Hey, what's going on'" - like HE was the one that contacted her friend. But in the arrest affidavit, her friend says SHE called CW and requested he come home because she was concerned. HE was not. Again...in the interview with SW's friend, she said CW wasn't concerned because she was at a playdate. Yet, in his interview, he is stating he was panicked enough to "blow through lights" to get home.

I think it was more like he saw her friend on the doorbell camera and started freaking out as to what she would find. Then when she called and he couldn't convince her all was okay and that she was calling the police, he started freaking out and was blowing through lights to hopefully get there before the cops did.

One other note - I note in the Arrest Affidavit that her friend attempted to open the door but it would only open a few inches due to a latch. So, either she had a key that worked only for that door or the door was only locked with an inside latch. I would think CW seeing her using a key or trying to open the door and get in the house probably freaked him out even more.

even if you aren't at home you can talk to people through the Ring app. So it's possible he got a notification she was at the door, and he asked her what was going on (via the app) and she explained she was looking for SW and the kids. Perhaps at the time he just gave her a BS answer hoping she would leave. Maybe she poked around a little bit more before she actually called him concerned and told him to come home.
Jmo.

With so many different forensic type information available for anyone to view/research ...

Is it possible that CW isn't as 'dim' as many posters believe? What if he didn't haphazardly leave the bedding on their bedroom floor, sheet in the kitchen trash, and a sheet at the area where he left the bodies?

Shanann and the girls had just come home from a six week trip. She was home a few days and had to leave again for the weekend in AZ.
CW had plenty of time to arrange things for his version of events.
Naturally, Shanann's DNA would be on their bedding & perhaps the girls, too.
Shanann was probably tired after her six week trip. Before leaving on her weekend to AZ, maybe she asked CW if he could wash the bedding or do laundry before she got back. Perhaps, he didn't wash them. I do believe this was premeditated. He did try to delete some Social Media (facebook).
What I'm trying to ask - does any other poster think he could've set the scene ahead of time? He did seem to be time restrained. But, why leave a sheet in the trash & at the site where the bodies were? Really? I mean that's Forensics 101.
I hope I'm making sense.
Can't get Shanann, Bella, Celeste or Mollie Tibbets of my mind. :(
Prayers to all of their families during these troubling and heartbreaking years ahead.
Sorry for any sp errors. Auto correct sometimes isn't 'correct'.

Sorry for quoting my own post:

Simply, who would be so ignorant with the forensic information available at their fingertips ... who would leave a sheet that matches your set at home? One of which is in your trash can at home unless it was 'meant' to be found with the DNA evidence you want to be on it?
Isn't that Forensics 101?

Who? Seriously could be that unintelligent? Unless it's part of his blaming Shanann ...

I'm bewildered as to why he buried his wife instead of putting her into the oil tanks with the kids. Did he mean to separate her from her kids? Or did he give her a burial because he was subconsciously still fearful of her overbearing personality? I think all "calm" people can snap because they bury their feelings. Of course fiery people can snap just as easily but for different reasons.
It may not, physically, have been an option to put her in the tanks. She was much bigger than the children.

I have not read every article but is there any chance that the girls were killed and disposed before SW got home? Like when was the last time someone saw the girls or talked to them live-any neighbor reports? Is there any chance that SW came home and the girls were already gone and he only had SW to deal with?

Sorry for quoting my own post:

Simply, who would be so ignorant with the forensic information available at their fingertips ... who would leave a sheet that matches your set at home? One of which is in your trash can at home unless it was 'meant' to be found with the DNA evidence you want to be on it?
Isn't that Forensics 101?

Who? Seriously could be that unintelligent? Unless it's part of his blaming Shanann ...

Guessing that he assumed he would have time, once he got home in the evening to do a full clear up
Friend Nickole put paid to that.

Must have been in a hurry to get out early ( 5.15 am next morning. denver7 interview, he says that he went to work "earlier" that morning, now we know why.)

The story on this thread about their dog howling and the neighbor hearing it is heartbreaking. I wonder if the dog was heartbroken or simply afraid for his own life? Very sad!
Animals can often times SENSE something is wrong. I expect
the poor little dog saw/smelled the bodies and possibly witnessed CW
carrying them out to the truck. Maybe he wrapped SW in sheet and dragged her downstairs. Poor little dog sensed bad stuff was happening. Sometimes a bad argument can set the dog off.

I’m wondering why the master bedroom sheets were stripped and on the floor. And LE checked them for signs of foul play but found none. So why were the sheets stripped?

Then, more sheets and pillowcases (matching the sheet found where bodies were located) were found in kitchen trash can. I assume one sheet was used to wrap the bodies in, but why throw the others away? And Nickole said the girls’ beds weren’t made so these must be separate sheets.

What’s up with the sheets? Any ideas?

Haven't had time to read since yesterday, so I apologize if this is a redundant question:

How did the friend know SW missed her appt? Was the 'playdate' scheduled to be with the friend that contacted CW? I'm just trying to insert myself/my friends in the situation to understand what sparked alarm in her friend so immediately. If my friends didn't hear from me, they may contact my husband, but if he assured them I was okay and/or busy, they wouldn't think twice about it.

I haven’t seen much discussion about the fact that SW death was caused C.W. terminating her pregnancy. To me this seems HUGE. Maybe I am reading it backwards but it looks to me that she died because he terminated her pregnancy. I have zippo law experience.

I think this is a brilliant charge by the prosecuting team to allow for punishment for the unborn simply because of the lack of the option to charge murder. I didn’t think in those terms and it’s obvious to me there are some very smart people within the prosecutors office.

And from what I read there are people calling legislators for a statute to be introduced for the next case with ugly characteristics similar to this one. There are 12 states that Allow it and every state should provide the option for the unborn. Usually I’ve seen it attached during a prosecution of a terrible car accident.

I just hope it doesn’t ignite a huge abortion debate.

BBM - I still think he killed his children (see earlier post) but he broke very quickly. It may be that LE presented him with such overwhelming evidence he had no choice, but he confessed shortly after the interviewer referred to his daughter by her nickname - making it all too real. IMO

I can imagine the interrogation of CW was extremely severe; LE saying STOP LYING, WE HAVE CAMERA VIDEO, we SAW what you did that night, we know what time you go to work, we know you left at 5 am, not you normal time, we saw you back the car into the garage before you left, we know you have a girlfriend her name is XYZ, your neighbor has a camera, the 6 weeks 'vacation from the wife and kids,' we know what you did those 6 weeks..we have it on tape.

Unlike CA little journey thru Universal studios 'to show LE where she worked' when she takes LE all the way down a dead end hall then says, oh haha, I don't really work here, when LE knew she did not work there and went with her on the wild goose chase to see how far she was actually going to take her lie...Well, CW didn't get that far into his lie, his scheme, his I didn't do it, wasn't me, he didn't get his 31 days to come up with his BS. CA had 31 days and CW got busted ASAP by the 'nosy friend' as he will probably call her for life...and LE got him dead to rights..

The neighbours camera really is a stroke of luck. LE have a very definite time for him leaving the house. One could assume his workplace will provide a reasonably specific time of arrival at work that morning, so the length of time in between should show what he could/could not have done in the time unaccounted for. He does not appear to have returned home to change clothes before work. How long is his car journey from home to the wells and the distance from the wells to his place of work, does anybody know ?

About 70 minutes round trip. Plus the manway covers have very large bolts--8 of them--that would take some time to remove. Sometimes, if they are rusted, they can be very hard to loosen. Thinking he may have loosened them ahead of them. Also, when I Google Mapped the location, the road says "limited access." I am thinking it had a gate...lots of roads to well sites do...and he either had to key in a code or use an access card. Personally, I think Anadarko was instrumental in helping them find them. There are hundreds of wellsites and this one was very remote. What are the odds that they would find this one particular wellsite if Anadarko had not gone through their records?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C-Kane