Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are so many holes in his stories that it could be swiss cheese.

I was just noticing during his TV interview that he said he saw SW's friend on the doorbell camera and then said "and then I was like 'Hey, what's going on'" - like HE was the one that contacted her friend. But in the arrest affidavit, her friend says SHE called CW and requested he come home because she was concerned. HE was not. Again...in the interview with SW's friend, she said CW wasn't concerned because she was at a playdate. Yet, in his interview, he is stating he was panicked enough to "blow through lights" to get home.

I think it was more like he saw her friend on the doorbell camera and started freaking out as to what she would find. Then when she called and he couldn't convince her all was okay and that she was calling the police, he started freaking out and was blowing through lights to hopefully get there before the cops did.

And may be just me, but when my husband saw me last a few hours ago, he wouldn’t immediately jump in his car and freak out. And yes, I had a medical condition during my pregnancy and still do after. Hog wash his story is. If he blew through lights, why wasn’t he there SOONER from the point NUA was at the door to when he arrived? More BS.
Not aimed at you please know, just taking off your post.

One other note - I note in the Arrest Affidavit that her friend attempted to open the door but it would only open a few inches due to a latch. So, either she had a key that worked only for that door or the door was only locked with an inside latch. I would think CW seeing her using a key or trying to open the door and get in the house probably freaked him out even more.

IMO, she had the key code to the keyless entry at the front door. The front door on the inside had a child proof latch (through her social media videos, pics it’s seen) and confirmed to have been engaged by NUA in this scenario. Backsliding glass door was locked and had a piece of wood or bar as a theft deterent.
Only he left through the garage at approx 5:27am EDT with no other activity after until NUA came to the door. Prior to that was when NUA dropped her off after their delayed flight.
He also stated to the police the garage entry keyless pad “didn’t work”, which he’s also stumbled on because he also said she went in and out that way. So which is it?
Others, not, I see are still questioning if his story could be true. Inside, unless she called or texted in the loft area where her cell phone was found, OR Alexa was recording, a child monitor doesn’t show color in night time mode. I have THE SAME model they have and even with ceiling, lamps or natural window lights, you can’t twll “blue”. In fact, all monitors in night time mode show a little bluish which is why six years later I still do a double and triple take. He is full of cow pud.

everyone reads things differently. I read it as that she discovered the car. And yes the car seats were in it which was documented upon entering the house. I don't see that is being different than her son saw them, so therefore she discovered the car. And since she had not entered the house and they found the car seats in them, she did discover the car with the car seats in them. Not that she saw the car and she saw the car seats. I just think it's the way it's written.

This was my thinking also. N (or her son) may have seen the car in the garage, however she was eventually let in the house (because she saw the beds) and may have gone in the garage to verify the car seats were in the car at that point in time.

Further to the video from last night about CW being in Myrtle Beach with SW and their daughters + SW's father on Aug 2nd. The women in the video who took the photos and spoke with SW directly, stated that the pictures were taken August 2nd. Is there a timeline confirmed of the dates when SW was in NC and CW was not? I was certain I read CW was only in NC the first week of SW's 6 week visit to NC. The women in the video said CW was acting strange and disengaged (paraphrasing). You can see in the image CW not even looking at his daughter as she did her activity, he was turned away and appears to be looking at something in his hand. I am assuming a cell phone.
NC mother captures slain family on camera during beach trip
Actually, I've heard two different accounts: CW was in NC during first week of vacay, and also last week, so later probably correct. Also, It does appear to be CW in the photo.

If Shannan got home at 1:48 and his truck left home at 5:57 - what was he doing in those 4 hours?

Lets say he had killed them all in an hour.

What was he doing between 3 am and 5:57? He hadnt really staged the scene, we can tell that.

One thing I noticed from the affidavit that showed he may have been coached prior to his confession(since I don't think he is intelligent at all), is that he confession states that after observing Shanann killing the girls, he 'went into a rage and ultimately strangled Shanann to death'. This clears him of first degree murder.

He was hoping for manslaughter (heat of passion killing) charge at most. Plus of course the 'tampering with deceased human body' charge (there was no way getting around that one).

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/001/Warrantless Arrest Affidavit.pdf

I thought that was bizarre. He went into a rage AFTER seeing SW strangle the little one so he strangled her. It wasn’t DURING, it was AFTER. Seems like that could still be first degree murder. He’s an idiot. What a screwed up story. How did he even come up with that crap?

Could even be possible that he was at that wellsite still working on it when he got an alert on his cellphone that Nickol was at his house. He jumped in his truck and rushed there with the sheet blowing out of the back of his truck. Only thing could be that CERVI 319 is about 40 minutes from his home.

CW's account of how he found out Nicole was at his house contradicts the version told by Nicole.

He claims he saw her at the house (via alarm app) and immediately came home.

She states she called him, asked him to come home, he refused, and then she said she was calling the police, and that is what prompted him to come home.

Except that Anadanko would have a list of wells for him to examine / visit and CERVI 319 wasnt on his list

Do we know that it wasn't on the list? Sure he would have received the list at least the night before. Did he choose from the list the well that would have been remote? I don't know exactly how the field operators work in that area. Bet this part all comes out later, and we will have our questions answered.

We will likely never have our questions about what really happened that night answered.

Early articles all stated he came at end of the 6wk. vacation.
Her sm said she left Co. w/ her dad and 2 girls to fly to NC.
Yes, that’s what I understood as well. Her Dad flew in to watch girls while both SW and C.W. went to California for a Level meeting/trip. There is a video of them on this trip - several, in fact.
When they returned they went back to NC with her Dad, then C.W. came out the last week? of that 6 week?
SW Mom’s coworkers in beauty shop were confusing, “they were excited about baby” - they cut his hair, there are photos of him getting haircut, to one saying “they were definitely going to separate - no question - they had plans to separate.” ??? Did it go from an amicable agreement to separate to murder because she seemed “fine” with separation?

All this sheet talk has me thinking. My initial thought was that the sheet in the field matched the sheets from the master bedroom. But after going back and reading, my understanding is that the sheet in the field matches sheets found in the garbage (from unknown bed). So the sheets on the floor in the master bedroom are a second set of sheets. So, now I’m wondering why that master bed had been stripped of its sheets.

So maybe the sheets on the floor were because C.W. planned to make the bed when he got home.

Thinking aloud ... I know only one person has the answer. I just hope forensics find something.

If you let this video flow into the next one, there are screenshots that appear to be where she was found, and possibly it was in a culvert? I'm not on my computer so somebody else can perhaps do better screenshots than I.

This is part of the 37 minute-long helicopter video of a news copter randomly flying around following a scanner lead that police were looking for a body....they were looking to find roads that LE had blocked off, hoping to fnd the investigation site.

This, however, is a flooded field where a culver damaged by heavy rain was threatening to erode the overlying paved road. The people there are all construction with the exception of the LE blocking the road ( you can see the red cones in a semi-circle over the damaged area)

It is NOT related to this crime.

I've watched this video 3 times now & the copter never goes anywhere near the well CERVI 319. It's considerably north of the area

Last edited:
I share concerns with this as well. My only opinion is that possibly the NC family would question this extended stay plans so she felt she had to let them in on the turmoil, while her business people wouldn’t think much of it other than her visiting out of town family (and even use it as a marketing ploy to gain other sellers... “look at this life you can live! Make money while taking a long holiday across the country for 6 weeks! Look at all the freedom and perks of selling thrive!”)

I wonder if she spent some time with her family discussing the situation and making plans for the future without CW.

I have not read every article but is there any chance that the girls were killed and disposed before SW got home? Like when was the last time someone saw the girls or talked to them live-any neighbor reports? Is there any chance that SW came home and the girls were already gone and he only had SW to deal with?

This has been my thought from the get go as well...

Kodi- sorry you are battling Lupus! Ugh- different boats same paddles.

My friend has Lupus and opened up to me about her rages- I guess everyone is different and I’m so happy that you don’t experience these. My friend flipped out on her kid and that’s when she realized it was time to get her meds looked at. It’s the absolute only reason I posted.

I don’t think SW would be such in a rage that she’d harm 2 children. But anything the defense has, I believe will be used.

I wonder if SW ever saw a therapist. Perhaps those records could be opened? I don’t know.

I hope he gets what he deserves!
I was dx w/ two types of Lupus 10 yrs ago. I can tell you Lupus causes actual depression because of constant inflammation. Studies show that Lupus causes fatigue and fogginess, but not rage... Those are entirely different.

I was put on Prednisone for about one month a few years back and nearly lost my marbles. But, I was just recently on Medrol and had zero emotional affects.

Point is: Steriods can absolutely cause serious mood swings, but many people are presecribed steriods. Rage attributed to Lupus is not indicated on its own. Lupus does not cause Rage in people.

I thought the pictures from the woman who met her in line were stills taken from video. My best guess is that the woman was doing a lot of videotaping of her own kids and some shots included SW and her family.

I can't see another reason that she would explicitly take photos of a family she just met.

Does anyone else find it odd that someone you meet in a line, would take pictures of your children and family? I meet people in lines all the time, but that would creep me out if I knew they were taking pictures of my children and family.
Weird, but maybe SW reached out to her about Thrive and they became fast friends. MLM people are always "on."

Mary Ellen O'Toole, former FBI profiler, in a video I posted upthread, makes her assessment that in a case like this, there is not going to be one single factor involved in motive (ie, financial, cheating, etc), but rather a combination of factors.

Also, she emphasizes something that I think should be obvious to all- CW had many "pro-social" ways of coping with the problems (financial, etc). Things such as counseling, separation, divorce, etc.

The fact that he chose to "solve" his perceived problems by strangling his family and dumping their bodies says a lot about his very dysfunctional, ego-centric thinking style. She states that this thinking style will have been present before this crime occurred.

This all sounds so obvious, but I liked the way she put it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VAres67