CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying that's what happened. I'm saying IF he told her he was leaving her for another woman, her first response would probably not be to murder her children.
I think I was replying to the person you were replying to. IMO she would not murder her children upon hearing that he had a mistress, I think she knew before hand. She probably screamed to GTFO of the house and everything escalated.

she is alone with the children. He may have even threatened to take them from her because of her chronic illness or expose her facade. She was tired, pregnant, vulnerable in her thought process, and the threat of being left could have been too much. Women are just as capable of committing crimes in the heat of the moment as a man.

that is quite a list of stressors -- through in exhaustion , an affair , and being alone ...........

Which could back up a murder-suicide on her part. Maybe she thought she would be alone longer than she was, enough time to take her own life. IMO

There was no process server. They signed waivers, which means that the Watts were waiving their right to be served with the lawsuit papers.

They could sign the waivers from anywhere and return them to the HOA's lawyer.

So there was a judicial action which could lead to a superlien foreclosure and these parties could’ve signed electronically? Not in person? Not both parties signing that little slip of paper a process server shoves in your face when answering the door?

Maybe he was happy playing the role of the doting father and husband for a while. He probably got a narcissistic charge from that image for a bit. Still his family was just an accessory.

Once he slimmed down and started to get some attention from the ladies for the first time in his life, he lost interest in the family accessories. Maybe he desired the bachelor role. However, he couldn’t ruin his image of “family man”! No way. The narcissistic would would be too great! It would be better if they just “left”.

IMO
My point was if it's weird CW is a child-killer with no history of domestic violence, it is just as weird to suggest SW is a child-killer with no history of domestic violence.

So, if we say it's unbelievable he killed his kids based on that reason, it's also unbelievable she killed them.

Disclaimer: AFAIK we don't know with 100% certainty there were no instances of DV. Only that none has been reported.

Women kill their kids daily in the world.

How many of them are throttled to death by a spouse who catches them in the act, doesn't try to save them, doesn't call 911, who then calmly disposes of everyone's bodies, leads LE on a wild goose chase trying to track them down, coolly lies and conceals what happened in interviews with the media where he is dry eyed and well rested?

A mother capable of killing her kids is not the issue. The behavior, statements, lies and demeanor of their father afterward, is.
Thank you! This sums it up for me. I just couldn't get my point across.

I don't take offense, but I do find it a bit...unnerving. I agree with another poster, in that some of these posts, seemingly in support of CW, appear to be "bait".

If we are going to sleuth, from an intellectual standpoint vs. emotional, we should listen to all views, BUT, that doesn't keep me (can only speak for myself) from forming very strong opinions based on the facts so far, AND, personal observations of his behavior in interviews and court.
I have thought the same thing ... if I was a lawyer and had a client like CW, I would definitely have my minions on this board throwing out BAIT ... great way to build a defense.

humm

we now know lots about your partner!
Bahahahaha, Cariis!
You know, if those are the worst two things I have to “put up with”, I consider myself lucky. And yes, that’s from many many years of experience.
I didn’t mention that I refuse to take out the trash, wash my car or turn shirts inside out before I fold or hang up. All about team work ;)

P.S. this is actually very outdated FB info, take it fwiw.
I know because prior to reading about his confession, and taking a break from Mollie’s case, I went right to SW FB. Why? Because I also had mutual friends that live in NC posting the heck that she was missing. WS taught me over the last decade to hey, just look it up, so I did. FB “friends” in NC were tagging her, so I saw it. I had no preconceived notions when I went there the first time,
I do take screenshots now, I’ve learned and I won’t get into how or why here over the last 18 months other then to say SM and the Internet.... or moreso the people hiding behind their screens, can be evil. EVIL.
I went back to what I saved on 8/14, and going back wards. This is what I had saved, when she was still missing and the literal minutes before my news alert popped up that CW made his confession.
Actually, I think ss might be against WS TOS, so I’ll type out:
“IMAGINE. Meeting someone who wanted learn your past not to punish you, but to understand how you needed to be loved.”

I’ll leave it at that until trial where other posts come to light based on prosecution subpoena.

Are you saying that one of her final posts was “IMAGINE. Meeting someone who wanted learn your past not to punish you, but to understand how you needed to be loved.”? If that is true, it seems to indicate some things going on in her mind. IMO

Nope. We either know nothing - because we weren't there and cannot pick and choose what we decide he's tellling the truth about - or we can use our God-given cognitive abilities, critical thinking skills and basic logic to deduce that it is beyond any reasonable doubt that he annihilated his whole family.

His story is utter, incomprehensible nonsense.
Thank you gitana1. This is the most logical statement I have read here in days. IMO, it will bear repeating many times over in the months (years) to come. WS is fortunate you are a member and are willing to participate in a thoughtful way.

So there was a judicial action which could lead to a superlien foreclosure and these parties could’ve signed electronically? Not in person? Not both parties signing that little slip of paper a process server shoves in your face when answering the door?

All they had to do was print it out wherever they were (or open an envelope), sign it, and either mail or fax or scan and email it back.

They probably agreed to sign a waiver because they were in North Carolina, where it would have been harder to serve them.

This is exactly what my husband and I think, which explains why there is some element of truth to his statement about the monitors and the precious angel being blue (gosh I hate typing that :().

He already knew she was blue -- I doubt it was perfectly clear on the monitor.

However the scenario played out, we think SW went in to check on them & when she saw her babies lying there lifeless, she did what I have done in that situation...grab the child/person & shake her to get a reaction, which he was calmly viewing in the monitor and is SIMILAR to strangling so that image is fixed firmly in his mind as an explanation to what happened (sounds crazy when I think about it now but it was an automatic reaction...and obviously the child I was shaking had not been murdered, just choking on a small piece of candy).

Then he went in and strangled SW while she was distracted :mad:

All MOO of course ;)

OMG I didn't even think of this. Then, he would be a sadist as well as a narcissist. I hope this didn't happen. But you are absolutely right that it could be a possibility :(

Actually he told the truth - he did not his father to hear it on the news.

He told LE quickly that he was going to come clean

- he confessed to killing his wife and moving everyone. An That kinda sounds like a honest murderer if you think about it

He pretended like he did not know what happened (most murderers do so) Difference here - is shortly thereafter he told the truth

he was also an honest cheater - he acknowledged thus.

I don't feel like we know a lot. We know posed pictures, we know they filed bankruptcy three years ago, we know had a relationship with a female We know he killed her and placed them .

Has anyone ever found out his exact position ? Someone posted a generic thing but we have no idea what he did to consistently provide for his family with a steady paycheck .

We have proof (although grueling!) that he made an attempt to do some collage work - i assume in an effort to provide for his family (speculation only tho)

we know he bbq

he drove his truck backwards into his garage

and guys

i think this a tragedy where LE is totally done saying one thing.

The autopsies were a week ago

I think they are done releasing

An honest murderer and an honest cheater. That has to be one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever read on here. A critical thinking class may be useful here.

she is alone with the children. He may have even threatened to take them from her because of her chronic illness or expose her facade. She was tired, pregnant, vulnerable in her thought process, and the threat of being left could have been too much. Women are just as capable of committing crimes in the heat of the moment as a man.

that is quite a list of stressors -- through in exhaustion , an affair , and being alone ...........
She knew her marriage was in trouble before that night. Several people have stated that. We can’t go by her Facebook accounts because those were written to present a “perfect” life appearance to boost her Thrive business. Did you notice that Christopher said he asked for a “separation,” not a “divorce?” Their marriage wasn’t nesessarily over. She left to go to North Carolina for 6 weeks just before. In my opinion, that’s a sign of a troubled marriage. I’ve never known anyone who left their husband for that long for a vacation. Especially a pregnant woman. She had a family back in N.C. who adored her. She could make a new start. I just don’t see her as that desperate. To me she seems much more independent and self reliant than you make her out to be.

Are you saying that one of her final posts was “IMAGINE. Meeting someone who wanted learn your past not to punish you, but to understand how you needed to be loved.”? If that is true, it seems to indicate some things going on in her mind. IMO

It seems to indicate that she knew, or was beginning to realise, that she was living with an emotionally abusive husband, IMO.

Which could back up a murder-suicide on her part. Maybe she thought she would be alone longer than she was, enough time to take her own life. IMO
Why wouldn't she kill him? I don't believe ANY woman would kill her children, then herself and let the cheater live so that he could happily go on with his life, with the other woman.

Maybe he was happy playing the role of the doting father and husband for a while. He probably got a narcissistic charge from that image for a bit. Still his family was just an accessory.

Once he slimmed down and started to get some attention from the ladies for the first time in his life, he lost interest in the family accessories. Maybe he desired the bachelor role. However, he couldn’t ruin his image of “family man”! No way. The narcissistic wound would be too great! It would be better if they just “left”.

IMO
Maybe he thought being the owner of a huge house in a good suburb was a real babe magnet. That may have been the way his mistress reacted if she thought (as men often say) that he was getting a divorce, etc. (Yes I know about the financial problems, but maybe the mistress made a lot of $$$$, being a professional, and maybe he was fooling himself into thinking "they" would make it OK)..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NVWoman