CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abusive was the wrong term. I have no judgment against Shanann AT ALL, didn’t mean it that way. I consider my moments of irritation with family - especially when I’m not feeling well - abusive but I realize that is the WRONG term to use for me or anyone else that gets short-tempered, rude and hateful when not feeling well. I apologize!
I need to find that comment and edit/delete it!

Ok, Now I know why not one of his family members has spoken out in his behalf or about this case at all. They will be part of the defense on SW's controlling behavior (defense will paint this) with this incident in particular. The MIL will say the nuts were out of reach of the children and SW over reacted and when she did not get her way, she left with the children.
It would be hard to get things out of the reach of children that age. Moms know that all too well. If they notice something is up high, they will definitely want to get to it.

You do not have to be overly confident to be a manipulator and a controller. In my experience it is the people without a lot of confidence in themselves who are more like to be controlling personalities.
Sulking, refusing to talk to the other party if they don't get their own way.
So True! I have never found a confident person to be controlling! It’s the insecure ones that try to control others.

I’m torn between to theories.

1. His story is true.
2. He was planning to kill himself, but couldn’t.

IMO
bbm.
images

No. But the ridiculously implausible story of seeing one child sprawled out blue (on a black and white monitor), and the other child being strangled by a suddenly distraught wife, causing a man to coincidentally also react by murdering said wife, and to also coincidentally do it via strangling, (not gun, beating with an object, etc.), instead of throwing her off the child and a) Calling 911, b) Checking pulses, c) Immediately attempting to resuscitate one or both children, d) Running out of the house, screaming and wailing for help...that should allow one to make that leap.

Let's add in a couple things that should enable anyone with critical thinking skills to conclude this man's story is nonsensical garbage and he murdered his whole family:

1. After the laughable story of two parents separately and coincidentally reacting with homicide -and not only homicide but coincidentally, the the exact same method - and dad defying all parental instinct and not even trying to rescue the very precious children who he adored so much that he went out of his mind at the sight of someone harming them, after all that, he again fails to call 911 after killing his wife and again fails to scream in agony at what happened and beg, as ALL distraught parents who love their children do, for help that will never come.

In fact, no screaming in anguish is heard from that house at all that morning, despite the incredible proximity of the houses. Wow. That was one quiet event, seeing your precious kids being killed and reacting with unhinged fury. So silent.

He goes from out of his mind with fury and pain to utterly calm, apparently, in an instant.

2. Not only that, he takes those precious children who he loved so much that he killed at the sight of someone harming him, and he loads them up in his truck, calmly drives away from his house and dumps their precious little bodies in vats of dirty, black oil. No burial for them. Not one damn thing about the way their bodies were discarded to indicate they were loved.

3. He goes to work. He killed his "insane" wife because she destroyed the two people who mattered the most to him, right? And he just goes to work. Where he calmly watched the ring video that shows if anyone is coming to the house.

4. This man who simply snapped at the sight of his precious kids being harmed (remember, there is no way he could've known that they were dead or beyond resuscitation from a glimpse in a monitor), he calmly texts his dead wife and leaves voicemails he knows she will never hear, "Where are you, babe?"

5. The man who knows his entire life is floating in dirty vats of black oil, he then calmly calls his wife's friend when he sees her on the ring video at the house. "What's going on?"

6. The same man who after losing his mind from insane anguish, (anguish that was not vocalized at all) quietly loaded his dead loved ones bodies into his truck, dumped their bodies and then calmly went to work, now, NOW, he suddenly shows emotion and with a "racing heart", he runs several stop lights to get home. So scared of getting caught but able to quietly murder your wife, calmly load up your family's bodies, and drive away, dump them and go to work as if nothing happened? Hmm. Does that makes sense?

7. For the next several hours, the father who loved his babies so much that he went out of his mind at the sight of them being harmed and killed for them (instead of trying to do one thing to save them), he calmly goes through all the friend's lists with police, tries every number available and steadily tries to track down his dead wife and rotting children. "I have no inclination as to where they are."

8. Then, this same, passionately adoring father who lost his mind in grief, two days later he grins and giggles and stares clear eyed at several reporters, not one tiny hint of exhaustion, crying, grief, nope. He stands there looking well rested, casually discussing the where abouts of his precious babies who are rotting in oil, and proudly shows of his shirt. A damn shirt. While his kids corpses float in oil.

So a man so passionate he erupts in homicidal fury, and anguish, he can calmly stand on a porch and discuss his dead children two days later? Is that remotely believable folks?

So while we may not be able to make the leap from an affair (which is present in half the family annihilator cases), to murder, it would seem that any rationally-minded human with critical thinking skills and the ability to use basic logic, could make the leap after hearing his ridiculous story and looking at the facts now.

Finally, lying about your murdered family is not the same as giving a job interview at which you're slightly nervous. A person so passionately in love with his kids that he erupts in homicidal fury when they're harmed is not the same man who two days later smirks and giggles with slight "nerves" as he lies about them.

No that kind of man is the kind who wails and screams like women at a Bangladesh funeral, demands that he be put out of his misery, needs to be hospitalized and never, ever tries to hide what happened.

Fantastic post !! This part really hit it home for me..... it's what I have been thinking but couldn't put into words, so thank you!!
"So a man so passionate he erupts in homicidal fury, and anguish, he can calmly stand on a porch and discuss his dead children two days later? Is that remotely believable folks?"

You might have a point. If he had killed the kids hours before, ie if he had been thinking she was arriving 3-4 hours earlier, there was no way he could call 911 after he murdered her to say he had caught her killing the kids, because it would have been obvious the kids were killed hours before. A plan maybe gone awry simply because of a late plane. He would have had hours to get rid of them before he was caught with the sun coming up and he had to put her in a shallow grave, which the police found via a drone. Think how REALLY mad he would have been by the time she arrived.

Only issue I have with that is:
-that almost everyone agrees, that the notion of her strangling her own beloved, " light of her life" babies is preposterous
- Most accept that he only made this up, on the hoof cuz he was backed into a corner by evidence & speedy LE +NUA

So If i go with this new theory , in your post, I have to accept he is even dafter than I thought - he's chosen an incredible, knee-jerk defense theory out of choice - indeed he even pre-planned that as his No. 1 option.

Exactly!!
No there is not more. Someone who is on their phone constantly so much so that even in group pictures she's holding the phone and doesn't respond to calls and texts from her mom and friend yeah I would call the police too. What everyone should take note of is her mom texted Her friend To go check on her there's a reason for that. My sister didn't respond to calls and texts when she was supposed to go to an event with another family member, just like SW she always is on her phone and we had a bad feeling. I was on my way to he really house and calling the police at the same time. Luckily she was okay just really sick and sleeping. But when someone always responds and suddenly doesn't sets off alarms.

No apologies necessary but I do TY for being so kind. We are all in this together, and I’m afraid for a very long haul.
This was a FB post by SW. it didn’t reference anyone or anything, just a mem I captured about two minutes before I saw that he confessed. She made no comment.
I had just gotten to WS having taken a break from Mollie and was ss for reference. Now given its now a remberence account, a little glad I did. It was posted 8/12 8pm, not sure if that was EDT or CO or AZ time... that’s the date and time that shows on my screenshot. I’d post but not sure that allowed. I turned this in on 8/15, but knew they’d probably already subpoena all FB data from SW, CW, and all relations to.

Wow, thank you so much for that information. I find this very interesting regarding SW’s mindset at the time upon her return to CO.

Why is it assumed he only had an affair because he "got much better looking"?

My ex is an awkward-looking doofus and he still cheated on me.

My brother is fat and doesn't exactly keep the best hygiene practices, and cheated multiple times on his wife (he's now divorced and likely cheating on his newest wife).

CW could've been a serial cheater from the beginning. SW was a beautiful woman and she apparently found him attractive enough before he buffed up and "improved" his appearance.

I know, right? Players are gonna play. They know how to find other players. I simply don't understand how that works. I've been faithful to my wife. If I decided I wanted to have an affair, I wouldn't know how to go about it. But cheaters live by different rules, and they don't seem to have any problem finding hookups, and it doesn't seem to matter what they look like or what kind of shape they are in.

-that almost everyone agrees, that the notion of her strangling her own beloved, " light of her life" babies is preposterous
- Most accept that he only made this up, on the hoof cuz he was backed into a corner by evidence & speedy LE +NUA

So If i go with this new theory , in your post, I have to accept he is even dafter than I thought - he's chosen an incredible, knee-jerk defense theory out of choice - indeed he even pre-planned that as his No. 1 option.

What else could he say after her body was found? IIRC, and I'm open to being corrected, he spoke to his father after she was discovered and before he took blame. Is his father a lawyer? Were they able to contact a family lawyer during that meeting?

I am a little weak on why he would kill the kids first, but if he did, and planned on killing her when she arrived he must have been in a royal fit by the time she did arrive, ie hours later.

I still tend to think it was the result of a violent argument when she did arrive, and he killed her and then the kids because they saw it all. Does anyone know how many times he was able to call his family to get him legal advice before he confessed to her murder and the preposterous story?

How easy is it to move a MLM business like Thrive to another state? Especially when your whole down line is around you and you have been doing training, meetings, etc.? How does a move impact that kind of business? In a divorce, he would not have been required to pay for that house mortgage. Was she making enough with Thrive to stay there? What would have happened with going in all the free trips, business trips because now we are dealing with custody issues?

Both of them had lots of contacts in NC. I am sure she was already working a network there. ISTM it would be very easy for her to move the operation to NC.

I know this is a really weird question. But what happens to the home and personal belongings in cases like this.
Is SW family in charge of selling things and or returning things (the Lexus) or is CW family in charge.
Do you sell all the clothes do you throw things away. The house now sits empty full of belongings for people whom are no longer here.
I know weird question.
I was watching a video on SW FB talking about the new fridge they just bought and just thought hum what happens to everything now.
I would imagine that her family will take her belongings and personal effects, the house will go on the market, one thing is for sure....it's NOT worth $400,000 any longer and HOA will have to suck it up. Boy I just bet they are in a panic now, a house in their neighborhood that may become an eyesore and run down and abandoned. No one in their right mind would ever buy that house I would think, could not even imagine living there, even if I got it for $50,000 knowing what went on in there.

No there is not more. Someone who is on their phone constantly so much so that even in group pictures she's holding the phone and doesn't respond to calls and texts from her mom and friend yeah I would call the police too. What everyone should take note of is her mom texted Her friend To go check on her there's a reason for that. My sister didn't respond to calls and texts when she was supposed to go to an event with another family member, just like SW she always is on her phone and we had a bad feeling. I was on my way to he really house and calling the police at the same time. Luckily she was okay just really sick and sleeping. But when someone always responds and suddenly doesn't sets off alarms.

Sometimes my mother in law will text me at work saying “I can’t get ahold of ——, is she okay?” I’ll call her and if I get no answer I never have considered calling police.

deleted, I misunderstood what you were saying

One last thought and I am probably logging off of this site for a little bit. It's too emotional. I said it before and will again up until a year ago he was home at NIGHT with the children while she worked. She posted a last day post of her job that she wouldn't miss the overnights. My gut feeling from the beginning was she walked in on something I don't want to even put into words and that is the motive to kill and dispose of everyone with no evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper