Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that would be the smart move on part of the defense. What say you Gitana?

To be part of a guilty plea to first degree murder for all three? It depends how you look at it.

Public defenders consider avoiding the death penalty a win. They consider avoiding LWOP a win. And they often feel morally obligated to fight those sentences even if their guy is guilty.

Yeah. And the defense didn’t want cameras because they were concerned about trial. If there was a plea, there would be no concerns.

There’s contradictory information here.
Actually, that’s one of the things that made me think it could be a plea

Prior forms referenced a “fair trial”
This one referenced “fair proceeding”

Maybe not a huge deal - except I know that for my purposes, I use stock forms and just change the specifics to fit the case - I wouldn’t change language like that. It would be consistent.

There were also a number of other strange things that made me wonder.

Wow. If I’m not mistaken this is their first public appearance of any kind since the murderers. Maybe that’s also why the defense requested no expanded media in the courtroom, to protect his parents?

The judge was pretty clear in his ruling on the matter. He just said it's a status conference. Not an advisement or arraignment. So no expanded media coverage for pretrial hearings except those.

Actually, that’s one of the things that made me think it could be a plea

Prior forms referenced a “fair trial”
This one referenced “fair proceeding”

Maybe not a huge deal - except I know that for my purposes, I use stock forms and just change the specifics to fit the case - I wouldn’t change language like that. It would be consistent.

There were also a number of other strange things that made me wonder.

What plea would you anticipate?

Frederick murder suspect, Chris Watts, reaches plea deal. Watts was accused of murdering his pregnant wife and young daughters. @CBSDenver is gathering details on this developing story.
Dillon Thomas on Twitter

DrWSMoTX4AEzhV0.jpg

Chris Watts Reaches Plea Deal In Murder Case To Avoid Death Penalty
GREELEY, Colo. (CBS4) – Chris Watts and his attorney’s have reached a plea deal in highly-watched murder case out of Frederick. Watts is accused of killing his wife, Shanann, and his two young daughters, Bella and Celeste.

Shanann was pregnant with their third child, a boy.

Details of the plea deal have not been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nemonic13