Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip - removed quoted post>
As someone on this forum said at the beginning of this case "Keeping an open mind is good, but not to the point that your brains fall out!"
Believing anyone but CW committed all these murders would mean you would have to defy common sense,reason, intuition and intellect. All other attempts to 'understand' SW are done as a covert means of bashing her, trying to create a scenario where she deserved her fate. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>hypothetically, why would the DA offer a plea deal to lesser charges at this point in time if he had a strong case against CW?

There are lots of reasons that DA's offer plea deals in high profile cases. COST is a big one. This trial will cost millions in resources and time and effort. There is a lot of pressure to avoid huge trials if possible.

And both families will suffer tremendous emotional grief and stress during a long drawn out trial.

There may be pressure from many sources asking that both sides come to a plea deal if possible.

There are lots of reasons that DA's offer plea deals in high profile cases. COST is a big one. This trial will cost millions in resources and time and effort. There is a lot of pressure to avoid huge trials if possible.

And both families will suffer tremendous emotional grief and stress during a long drawn out trial.

There may be pressure from many sources asking that both sides come to a plea deal if possible.

Maybe LWP vs DP, but IMO there’s no way the DA would offer a deal for a lesser plea this early on if CW is guilty & he has a strong case against him. MOO

@lilaismyname

In reply to your post here:

CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #44

Here in this country we use innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Anyone who is not a judge or juror on the case is absolutely free and able to use their logic, common sense, life experience and critical thinking skills in order to form judgments about an accused's guilt or innocence. Innocent until proven guilty has to do with the judicial system, and not with the ability of the general public to form opinions.

Further, I don't believe any of the people posting here convinced of this glib liar's guilt have based that on the media making a mistake about what he confessed to.

It's based on the numerous facts that we know, including CW's post-homicide behavior and demeanor, the charges and the fact that there is no bond and has been no request for such, which, per CO law means that proof of his guilt as to first degree murder is evident or presumption as to his guilt for those five charges is great.

It is interesting how people "hear" different things. I hear her being totally dependant on him being there.

It is the statements like

You are my rock

You are the best

You take care of me

You are the best father

You saved my life

I could never live without you

etc etc

it just made me think that she might feel as if things might not be all that good if he left?

but that is just my take

those kind of statements make me think of like dependence - but that might just be me.

just mo tho
Just like we do with kids to help them get some self esteem on the first day of school when they are frightened. Except she was trying to instill confidence in a grown man.

Last edited:
Been following pretty closely - there is nothing that has been published that there is any evidence that proves he killed the children.

At the same time IMO there has been no forensic info released that says she did not kill the children.

If there is something I missed (possible) would be interested in learning about it

The only thing we have are very strange actions. Hipaa/autopsies.

Have you had a chance to read Gitana1's summary of evidence of guilt yet? Here it is in case you missed it. That is where I'm coming from in terms of evidence and I believe others on this forum agree this all of these things prove triple murder.

gitana1Verified Attorney
I am posting the evidence we know of again as some have asked. If anyone has other evidence to add please copy and add.

Evidence of triple murder:

1. Dad claims he saw a blue child on a baby monitor at night.

2. The coincidence of two people, unrelated by blood, both reacting to something in a short span of time by losing their minds and committing homicide, defies reason.

3. The coincidence of those same people both committing homicide in the exact same manner -strangulation- is unlikely.

4. A father passionate enough with love for his children, to kill at the sight of them being harmed, would be desperate beyond reason to save them. But:
a. Dad failed to call 911 to try to save his children. Even if he thought they were beyond help, a parentslove is so intense they will desperately and irrationally try for help that will never come.
b. There is no account of him throwing off the mother and working desperately to revive them or resuscitate them. Hell, total strangers have performed CPR on a child's corpse in rigor. (Cooper Harris case). But a passionately loving dad didn't even try in this case?

5. The dad failed to call 911 after killing his wife in a supposed fury of emotion.

6. Dad also failed to run screaming onto the lawn for help or in anguish.
In cases of such Greek tragedy magnitude either 5 or 6 usually comes into play.

7. This entire scene - the "emotional argument", the vicious strangulation of two children, the father witnessing the incomprehensible and reacting with murderous fury and anguish - all of it was totally silent. Except for the poor dog howling that night. How do we know? Because the houses are in close proximity and neighbors mentioned hearing nothing but the dog the next day IIRC.

8. CW did not scream or wail in anguish so great that it caused him to murder his wife. Not one report of such sounds.

9. CW supposedly lost his mind in grief and anguish. However he regained it in moments in a manner that does not comport with a true mental break. In cases we have seen where people lose it and commit murder, they are typically either wailing on the lawn and to 911 operators or they are in an apparent psychotic state- not lying about what happened, not covering it up, not able to function normally at all. See thumbnail of Julie Schenecker as an example of what this looks like. Police interview Julie Schenecker after kids found dead

10. CW, after such an insanely, horrific Greek tragedy of a scene, calmly loaded up the bodies of his wife and children in order to conceal their deaths and dispose of them. We know this because a neighbor stated she witnessed him leaving. (No reports of wailing and she said, IIRC, the truck drove normally. So no veering, spinning of tires or other signs of lack of composure). And it's apparently on video.

11. CW, a man passionately in love enough with his kids to erupt in murderous rage when they're harmed, did not attempt to give them a burial that comports psychologically with the love and bond parents have with their kids. Death Rituals Reported by White, Black, and Hispanic Parents Following the ICU Death of an Infant or Child
A Global History of Child Death

12. Instead he dumps them in two separate vats of oil. Not together. No way to commemorate their lives. Concealed. Discarded. In a manner that veers from any known traditional burial rite of any kind.

13. CW went to work and monitored the ring video of his house. After the horrific Greek tragedy he just endured. He went to work. And monitored the video of his front door.

14. CW left a few voice messages and sent some texts to the wife he knew was dead, thus calmly concealing what happened.

15. CW calmly called SW's friend after she came to the door and he saw her on the ring video. He asked what was going on. We know this because he stated as much and this is corroborated by the friend.

16. CW rushed home - blowing stop signs and with beating heart, according to him- when CW came to the house and expressed alarm. The first time we have heard of a hint of emotion on his part since the horrific murders of his kids supposedly by his wife and his heat of passion killing of her, occurs when he the authorities are about to get involved.

17. CW cooly lied to the friend about where SW was supposed to be that day and why she wasn't at home. After he lost his mind the night before. He is calm and able to work to conceal those events.

18. There is not one hint of brief reactive psychosis or drug induced psychosis in CW's demeanor and behavior since 5:15 am the morning of the deaths, nor the next day as he gives calm and detailed interviews to the media. His pupils are normal. He is not slurring speech. He does not have a vacant stare. He exhibits no delusions or paranoia. He is not showing emotional lability. (I'm no expert in psychology but have seen a few psychotic people due to psychotic breaks or drugs and it's easy to research).

19. CW shows no anguish, depression, grief, concern, sadness or despair during his stoic media interviews, despite having supposedly been so deranged by his passionate love for his kids that he killed their attacker. His eyes are dry. Not red. No signs of puffiness from weeping. His face is smooth and calm. He looks well rested. No bags under his eyes. He smiles. He grins. He smirks. All with the knowledge that his insane wife savagely murdered his precious babies causing him to lose his mind with anguish. And with the knowledge that the people he loved so fiercely it caused him to kill, are rotting in separate vats of oil.

20. CW calmly and continuously lies to the media about the whereabouts of his dead wife and dead children.

21. CW systematically works with LE to track down his wife and kids. Brainstorming. Supplying numbers and addresses. Calling people. All the while knowing they are dead and decomposing.

22. CW is questioned and lies about having an affair. A motive in many murders of wives.

23. SW was pregnant. (A circumstance present in vast numbers of murders of spouses or parents by men).

24. Some people and report that CW seemed distant with his wife and kids in the weeks leading up to this monstrous event.

25. CW was not hospitalized for any reason after this tragedy.

A couple of things from the CO model jury instructions:

D:01 DIRECT AND CIRCUMSTANTIAL EVIDENCE—NO DISTINCTION

A fact may be proven by either direct or circumstantial evidence. Under the law, both are acceptable ways to prove something. Neither is necessarily more reliable than the other.

E:03 PRESUMPTION OF INNOCENCE, BURDEN OF PROOF, AND REASONABLE DOUBT

Reasonable doubt means a doubt based upon reason and common sense which arises from a fair and rational consideration of all of the evidence, or the lack of evidence, in the case. It is a doubt which is not a vague, speculative or imaginary doubt, but such a doubt as would cause reasonable people to hesitate to act in matters of importance to themselves.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/Supreme_Court/Committees/Criminal_Jury_Instructions/2017/COLJI-Crim 2017 - Final.pdf

Attached Files:

No, I’m not a VI. All hypothetical. Trying to look at all possibilities, and understand the thought process of those of you who are dead-set on one scenario.
May I ask what are the chances you think CW murdered his children? I am not understanding where the idea of a plea deal coming in tomorrow has come from?

<modsnip - removed quoted post>

That's not going to happen. You know why? Because this is a massively high profile case, involving the horrific death and disposal of toddlers, the DA is an elected, political office and there is no way he would spring such a deal on the public without a press release at least days prior in which the reasons why the deal is in the best interest of the public and the victims' families and why it is justice for the dead, are explained.

I mean heck, in a case like this, even the decision not to go for the death penalty would result in a press release and explanation. Even though the death penalty is virtually meaningless is CO.

Confused as to why #CWfanclub always used into any comment about the possibility of SW having a motive.
First this is a tragedy no matter who was killed by whom on all levels, so words used to mock others opinions that are seeking the truth by taunting them as #fanclub is just bullying.
Second SW was human. She was not a super power savior that was an angelic presence on earth. She has qualities that are good and bad. It is tragic she is gone. We should be able to discuss as adults her motives or perhaps indicative signs that seem amiss with her to find the truth. We know CW killed her so her death will get justice however the girls need a voice. We should be able to look at the investigation of their death without being accused of bullying SW. No one wants to slander SW. She posted videos that the children seem uncomfortable in. Is it not fair to discuss that?
Third If SW projected a fake happiness on social media it is reasonable to ask why. Was she fooled and clueless passionately in love? Was she depressed? Was she happy and ready to move on? Was it to sell product? Was it for attention?
Lastly If you are worried about justice then it seems you would want the entire story heard. It seems we would maintain a safe forum for verified insiders. Maybe I am just thinking as adults conversations can be had without belittling others or being so snarky our moderators fight a hard battle to keep forum up.

Again interesting

I do not see all this strength

I see from her posts a young lady who believes she could not have survivied without him

that he is her rock

her foundation

the entity that keeps everything anchored

an inability to go on without him

etc etc

just mo but generally speaking those are not independent belief systems

imo they tend to be more dependant and scared to not have that rock underneath them - sounds imo more petrified about losing the foundation than being able to stand up without that foundation there. More wobbly than strong but that is just my take and it is fine for others to have different notions.

it is just mo
This reminds me SO much of a post by wildflower@, from last week! Almost uncanny.
IIRC she also mentioned "roid rage" although many of her posts appear to have been deleted/not found.
MOO.

Confused as to why #CWfanclub always used into any comment about the possibility of SW having a motive.
First this is a tragedy no matter who was killed by whom on all levels, so words used to mock others opinions that are seeking the truth by taunting them as #fanclub is just bullying.
Second SW was human. She was not a super power savior that was an angelic presence on earth. She has qualities that are good and bad. It is tragic she is gone. We should be able to discuss as adults her motives or perhaps indicative signs that seem amiss with her to find the truth. We know CW killed her so her death will get justice however the girls need a voice. We should be able to look at the investigation of their death without being accused of bullying SW. No one wants to slander SW. She posted videos that the children seem uncomfortable in. Is it not fair to discuss that?
Third If SW projected a fake happiness on social media it is reasonable to ask why. Was she fooled and clueless passionately in love? Was she depressed? Was she happy and ready to move on? Was it to sell product? Was it for attention?
Lastly If you are worried about justice then it seems you would want the entire story heard. It seems we would maintain a safe forum for verified insiders. Maybe I am just thinking as adults conversations can be had without belittling others or being so snarky our moderators fight a hard battle to keep forum up.
I have never, not once, in any of the 45 long threads, seen #CWfanclub or #fanclub or any other hash tag used on this board.

So true. during the hiatus I looked around, and what you conclude is absolutely true. I'd list 30 or 40 of the most insidious attacks on the murdered woman, oh, I mean "possibilities", but that just gives ammo.

Wondering what would have happend if he had been an overweight, old, not "sooo goood" looking guy instead. What would have been than the perception of him and what he did afterwards? Even if he did not harm any of his children while they were alive, he dumped them in oil tanks punishing them a second time after they were innocently killed. How can this be overseen by anyone? I just don't get it... I feel disgust. Towards his actions and towards his entire "fanclub".

If Shannan was my sister or my best friend, I would be so heartbroken over the fact that her name is dragged through the mud by strangers who never met and never just spoke just one single word to her.

If you have evidence from which to base speculation, I would love to discuss it. Professionals have weighed in the the SW videos and found nothing of concern to date. The only evidence I see of SW murdering her girls to date is the word of a lying liar who committed multiple felonies to cover up murder, changed his story, showed no devastation that we have seen, and has good reason to lie yet again. So the evidence so far with any credibility points to CW. IMO

I forgot to quote, but someone a few pages ago said something about Shanann's SM portrayal of her fake "perfect life" being part of the reason they think CW's story is plausible.

First of all, Shanann did not in any sense of the word portray a perfect life, that is flat out incorrect. She very obviously posted videos and shared stories of her life that were quite spontaneous and authentic, that were FAR from perfect. She openly shared her struggles with her health struggles, the girls having tantrums and getting into trouble, she even posted videos of her responses to the girls and Chris that were definitely not perfect, as we now are plainly aware of because people are shredding her character because of them and using them as evidence that she could totally be a murderer.

Did she over-share her life on social media? Yes, I can see why most would think that. Did she go overboard with her positivity and sales-y stuff? Sure. Did she not always respond in the most compassionate, loving and thoughtful manner to her family in a few live videos? Yeah, I can see that. Was she possibly over dramatic about a nut allergy situation at her in-laws house? Yes.

But is any of that even minor evidence that she could go so far as to revengefully strangle BOTH her precious, sleeping little girls in a split second moment after a conversation about infidelity and divorce that she had already speculated was happening? Absolutely not. IMO, it defies literally all logic and reason, plus requires that you disregard the laundry list of circumstantial evidence that we already know of CW's guilt, even without knowing even half of the full body of evidence.

Most of us who are completely convinced of CW guilt in killing all of them aren't here because we aren't open to the alternative, or are just blindly clinging to our beliefs because we just don't like him or think Shanann was just so perfect. Most of us have considered it, have thought it through, explored the possibility, and used critical thinking to decide that the charges against him, that still stand even after a full investigation, are correct and that Shanann actually is just as much of an innocent victim as the three children that also lost their lives that night.

Very intelligent post. I myself was considering that she had taken off and gone to a hotel somewhere and killed the kids and herself. I posited the possibility of a psychosis induced by sleep-deprivation due to Thrive.

And then facts came out.

Maybe a series of 2 or 3 extramarital APs will come out with lurid details, like they have for CW.

Just like we do with kids to help them get some self esteem on the first day of school when they are frightened. Except she was trying to instill confidence in a grown man.

We don't know if SW was trying to instill confidence in CW - that's purely an opinion.

I have never, not once, in any of the 45 long threads, seen #CWfanclub or #fanclub or any other hash tag used on this board.
Yes, I think there may be some confusion here with another place on the internet. I for one have never used fan club to my knowledge on this board and certainly not to describe anyone here on WS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme