Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think of equal importance to the DA's agreement to not seek the death penalty, is that statement CW signed saying he knows the DA holds enough evidence to convict him at trial. I don't think he's guessing.

He didn’t plead to avoid the death penalty, he knew that was never going to happen to him. Think about it, the DA gave a press conference immediately after the hearing stating that the DP never happens anyway. Chris’s family heard that press conference and by extension Chris, don’t you think they would be screaming for anyone to hear if they felt their son was not counseled properly on that point? We would have seen a flurry of activity by his family if that were the case. I believe he has other motives, such as very damning evidence or discoveries made in the investigation he does nor want in open court.
Yup. I think we’ll have a much clearer understanding of why he took this deal, come sentencing day.

I think if this was premeditated, and/or if he had killed his girls before SW came home, CW would have moved his truck into the garage earlier in the evening. He would have at least planned that part. I think something happened when SW came home, an argument/struggle. One or both of the girls came out and witnessed something...and...those poor girls, all of them,and Nico. I think that although he was probably fantasizing about this, I don’t at all think he planned on it for that night.

Also, I’m interested in hearing about Anadarko. I always thought it was curious that they fired him on Aug 15th (it was then, right?... the day he was arrested). Curious that they would actually fire him so early unless they already knew so much. I’m sure he had called into work the 14th and 15th mornings to say he wasn’t coming in. Wonder how quickly they had checked his GPS, any surveillance from the oil tank site. The drone was there the 15th, right? Saw the freshly disturbed ground, and the sheet. Was the drone searching there based on info from Anadarko? Or did LE send the drone there on a bunch just because CW was known to have worked in that area?

[
@gitana1 My post on the last thread in reference to how many murder cases the man has tried wasn't in reference to CW's attorneys with whom I'm well-acquaited, it was in reference to the sensationalist posting on the case. As I stated earlier, CW's counsel, the DA, and the judge are all experienced players. I in no way believe CW was "punked" in any manner.

I agree. This "sensationalist" likes to make some broad statements, from what I've noticed. In one of his CW videos, he concluded with "everyone has a secret life".

I about fell off of my chair when he said that. Seriously? I think that statement might be true for some of his clientele. He's advertising, IMO.

He didn’t plead to avoid the death penalty, he knew that was never going to happen to him. Think about it, the DA gave a press conference immediately after the hearing stating that the DP never happens anyway. Chris’s family heard that press conference and by extension Chris, don’t you think they would be screaming for anyone to hear if they felt their son was not counseled properly on that point? We would have seen a flurry of activity by his family if that were the case. I believe he has other motives, such as very damning evidence or discoveries made in the investigation he does nor want in open court.
I think he has friends that work in a beauty salon back home or something.

And those conversationalist can be ruthless.

So maybe this is best for all. Because People still have to work and dont need the gossip for the next 3 years. Jmo

But I want to know all the details! We will just have to be satisfied that both families will be spared the torture of a trial.
Of course, all of us that have followed this case closely want to know all of the details, or as many as possibly. Unfortuately the DA is right that CW will never tell the whole truth. Darn it!!

@ZsaZsa in answer to your last question, no. But they couldn't present a case that he didn't do it knowing he did.

They could still force the state to prove its case or go for an insanity defense or hear of passion defense (unless in the case of heat of passion he stated he premeditated. ).

If the plea agreement doesn't go through, for whatever reason, and this case goes to trial, can the prosecution use CW's admission of guilt in the plea arrangement at trial?

That could very well be. But the DA made that statement after the hearing. Maybe following the press conference, CW’s family has now been telling him to ask the judge to disregard his plea. Just as it was kept very quiet as to what the status hearing was about, if he was to change his plea on the 19th, it would be equally quiet. Just guessing.

That could very well be. But the DA made that statement after the hearing. Maybe following the press conference, CW’s family has now been telling him to ask the judge to disregard his plea. Just as it was kept very quiet as to what the status hearing was about, if he was to change his plea on the 19th, it would be equally quiet. Just guessing.
I don't think so. For one, he is not speaking to his family about the crime, by all accounts and they did leak that there was a plea deal coming up, but very mistakenly presumed some charges would be dropped.
I can't see them being quiet about anything.

Yes, that is what I mean, the DA made that statement immediately after the hearing at the press conference, it was not a secret used to bargain. If Chris was unaware of this and not counseled that the DP was never going to happen, his family certainly would have told him and action(s) would have followed, seek new council etc.

Re the Scott Reisch videos, discussed at the end of the last thread, I have watched them all, and I noticed he was much more neutral in the earlier ones. I suspect he began to read his comments on youtube and adjusted his views and sensationalized further in order to capture additional "market share" of online CW discussion videos. He is just otherwise not a very compelling figure, and I think this was about finding a niche and catering to it to a degree. IMO.

I was thinking, it’s certainly not unheard of for criminal defense attorneys to want to defend (even pro bono) a high profile case. Everyone wants to further their career. They are no different. Perhaps Scott Reisch is hoping CW retracts his plea, asks for a trial, fires his defense and hires Scott Reisch. After all, he is located in Colorado.

I was thinking, it’s certainly not unheard of for criminal defense attorneys to want to defend (even pro bono) a high profile case. Everyone wants to further their career. They are no different. Perhaps Scott Reisch is hoping CW retracts his plea, asks for a trial, fires his defense and hires Scott Reisch. After all, he is located in Colorado.
That also crossed my mind.

I don't think so. For one, he is not speaking to his family about the crime, by all accounts and they did leak that there was a plea deal coming up, but very mistakenly presumed some charges would be dropped.
I can't see them being quiet about anything.

I don’t know that he’s not speaking to his family now. And the Watts family haven’t said a word about any of this. I haven’t heard anything.

I don’t know that he’s not speaking to his family now. And the Watts family haven’t said a word about any of this. I haven’t heard anything.
Well, it was reported that the only contact that they had had with him was the conference call with his lawyers.
And the plea deal was leaked here, they just did not have all the details, just that there was a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xtension