Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I th
No she wasn’t saying he was diagnosed with it. The host said that she and his sister were talking and starting to think he could have it. Their reasoning for his tv interviews are because he was just doing what he thought he was supposed to and act like and relating it to that.

Disclaimer: This is what they said, not what I agree with
In my opinion many of the symtoms of Aspergers look like various degrees of psychopathology or even Narcissistic traits. It is interesting that we have brought it up before. Especially after hearing about his "photographic memory." But it does not excuse his ability to know right from wrong, if he does have it. Many adults do not get diagnosed until later in life. It will be interesting to find out if anything comes of this. Probably not. Imo

If they weren’t talking before, I’ll bet they are now.

I thought they were talking all along and was surprised they weren't. To me the whole thing demonstrates that CW has refused to speak with them. He probably can't face them due to what he did and what he knows will come out.

It seems like the defense was instructed to not let his family ask him questions. I think he wanted protection from them and their questions in a way.

But also, someone brought something up that was super smart. Conversations with defense counsel in jail are confidential and can't be recorded. But once a third part that's not part of the defense team, is part of the conversation, that breaks confidentiality and it is likely the jail wouldn't allow privacy for his family meetings.

So they literally could not discuss the crime with CW!

Here I was stupidly imagining them in a private room together talking. But the jail wouldn't probably allow that to be unmonitored! So it would be like the conversations between casey anthony and her parents before trial, which were video and audio recorded.

So of course the defense would have to shut that down immediately if any family started talking about details or demanding information.

That's a good question and one I've been thinking about for a few days.

Maybe someone can tell me. But I think that during the presser the DA talked about if he withdrew his plea he could not withdraw the "facts". I tried to find that part of the presser again but ran out of time.

I took that to mean he can't take back the waivers. Which are significant.

I believe his statement of actual guilt would be rescinded, though. But I'm not sure.

Thank you. I'll try to go back and watch the presser and catch what the DA said and will post back.

I th

In my opinion many of the symtoms of Aspergers look like various degrees of psychopathology or even Narcissistic traits. It is interesting that we have brought it up before. Especially after hearing about his "photographic memory." But it does not excuse his ability to know right from wrong, if he does have it. Many adults do not get diagnosed until later in life. It will be interesting to find out if anything comes of this. Probably not. Imo
He is only 33 though. Autism awareness has been around longer than that.

That's kind of funny. I can't believe I am going to say this, since it's going to sound like I am defending this crew, but it's possible for people to go their entire lives without getting the diagnosis. It's really only become "popular" in the past 10-15 years or so, which means many adults may have shown signs as youngsters but they were ignored. I know many people who were diagnosed until they were in their 30s and 40s.

Doesn't really matter, though. They could try to use that, but having Aspergers doesn't make one more prone to violence or murder. In my experience being married to someone on the spectrum, it seems to go the opposite way.

Do you or anyone else know if Autism would enable a person who committed homicide in a rage to act the way he did the next day? Seem mostly calm and well rested. And smile and giggle. And lie. All while feeling emotion underneath? Can people with autism disorders lie easily? And act and manipulate in order to conceal something? Attempt to steer someone a different direction? All that?

I have to think that he wanted it, maybe knowing what could come out in court that he does not want his family to hear.
Or perhaps his fellow prisoners. If there was something sexual in nature, regarding his behavior or his preference, past or present, that was going to be exposed during a trial, maybe he was trying to protect himself from retaliation in prison.

Chris Watts got punked.

He's an attorney, so he's educated in the law. Apparently has years of experience. He's not representing Chris Watts. He hasn't reviewed the evidence the prosecution has reviewed, CW's defense has reviewed, and CW himself has reviewed. He wasn't in any of the plea agreement meetings. He's trying to get the autopsy reports. But he's shocked and flabbergasted.

Is he performing some kind of public service educational thingy? IDK.

So do you believe Chris' defense team is inept?

We do not know why the defence team approached the prosecution for a deal. The first deal was rejected, we do not know what that was either but it seems to me, that the DA felt that he had enough evidence to convict without any deals. Taking the DP off the table didn't mean anything really, so he gave them nothing, just a change in the cell he would occupy.
CW may have made the decision to plead guilty and instructed his defence team to approach the prosecution.

Yes. What he got in the deal was no trial. I think that's what he was avoiding.

I know many people who did not get diagnosed until they were adults, and only in the past few years. Some were misdiagnosed with other things first and some were just shrugged off as "strange" or "awkward" when they were younger. It's not uncommon for that dx to come later in life.

I don't think it's really relevant to this crime, though.

Yes, I was just making the point that it's not always diagnosed until later in life. Aspergers is a form of Autism and there are varying degrees. Sometimes it is not recognized until later in life. Some adults have been diagnosed because their child was diagnosed, like people who are later diagnosed with ADD. They recognize similar symptoms in themselves which prompts them to get tested.

I thought they were talking all along and was surprised they weren't. To me the whole thing demonstrates that CW has refused to speak with them. He probably can't face them due to what he did and what he knows will come out.

It seems like the defense was instructed to not let his family ask him questions. I think he wanted protection from them and their questions in a way.

But also, someone brought something up that was super smart. Conversations with defense counsel in jail are confidential and can't be recorded. But once a third part that's not part of the defense team, is part of the conversation, that breaks confidentiality and it is likely the jail wouldn't allow privacy for his family meetings.

So they literally could not discuss the crime with CW!

Here I was stupidly imagining them in a private room together talking. But the jail wouldn't probably allow that to be unmonitored! So it would be like the conversations between casey anthony and her parents before trial, which were video and audio recorded.

So of course the defense would have to shut that down immediately if any family started talking about details or demanding information.

I wondered whether visitors to an inmate in jail would have their conversations recorded as they do in prison.

I know many people who did not get diagnosed until they were adults, and only in the past few years. Some were misdiagnosed with other things first and some were just shrugged off as "strange" or "awkward" when they were younger. It's not uncommon for that dx to come later in life.

I don't think it's really relevant to this crime, though.
I don't think it's relevant either. But it wouldn't surprise me if his family thought he had it, or wanted to believe he did. It's much more acceptable than being a psychopath. Jmo

I wondered whether visitors to an inmate in jail would have their conversations recorded as they do in prison.
I imagine so.

Many a case has been aided by recorded prisoner conversations while they are in jail.

Whether those are phone recordings, or jail visits conducted using a phone behind a glass partition.

Yes, I was just making the point that it's not always diagnosed until later in life. Aspergers is a form of Autism and there are varying degrees. Sometimes it is not recognized until later in life. Some adults have been diagnosed because their child was diagnosed, like people who are later diagnosed with ADD. They recognize similar symptoms in themselves which prompts them to get tested.
I think that he came under the autism umbrella to such a degree that he would behave like that when his family was missing, it would have been picked up years ago. Not just when he murders his family and laughs and preens in a press conference and lies his head off.

Do you or anyone else know if Autism would enable a person who committed homicide in a rage to act the way he did the next day? Seem mostly calm and well rested. And smile and giggle. And lie. All while feeling emotion underneath? Can people with autism disorders lie easily? And act and manipulate in order to conceal something? Attempt to steer someone a different direction? All that?

No to just about all of that. In my experience with my husband and with friends who are on the spectrum, it's VERY difficult for them to lie. And rather than appearing well rested and calm the next day, when a stressful event occurs, it generally takes my husband days to "come down" from it. He fixates, almost obsesses. He definitely wouldn't be able to compartmentalize and act like nothing happened. People mistakenly think that Apsies can't feel stuff the way that "normal" people do, but it's not as cut and dry as that. They just process things a little differently. Those on the spectrum definitely have a moral compass; my husband's is stronger than most people I know. They know the difference between right and wrong. They feel grief and fear and sadness and terror and all the things that everyone else feels. Killing 4 people, driving a good distance to hide the bodies, going to work like nothing happened, and then lying to the public, friends, LE, and a television viewing audience shows a deviance and deceptiveness that do NOT exist as any kind of "symptoms" that I am familiar with or have seen.

I think that he came under the autism umbrella to such a degree that he would behave like that when his family was missing, it would have been picked up years ago. Not just when he murders his family and laughs and preens in a press conference and lies his head off.
Exactly. His media appeals were calculated, as he was trying to sell a story. He failed miserably, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying.

Had be been on the Autism spectrum (Aspergers specifically), this wouldn’t have been the first time it was visible.

We’ve heard nothing to indicate that this was the case.

He’s no more autistic than Scott Peterson, unless Aspergers is a euphemism for sociopathic narcicist.

Edited to reflect that I was referring to Aspergers specifically.

Last edited:
They actual are very literal. So lying would not be typical. If they think you are fat, they will tell you. ( if you ask) But there are also so many new types so I can't speak for everyone who has Aspergers. But from what I do know they usually are not manipulative because they see no problem with being straight forward or that their actions are innapropriate. Imo

Exactly. His media appeals were calculated, as he was trying to sell a story. He failed miserably, but it wasn’t for a lack of trying.

Had be been on the Autism spectrum, this wouldn’t have been the first time it was visible.

He’s no more autistic than Scott Peterson. Unless Autism is a euphemism for sociopathic narcicist.

Not only that, it looks like he was trying to lay a foundation for his tale. He insinuates in the TV interview that she may have left on her own. He tells the Thayers and NUA that they'd spoken of separating and that he might sell the house. He apparently told the male AP that she was "controlling" and that he was in a bad marriage. I believe he was laying the groundwork for a "Shanann took off" story. That shows even more manipulation.

Had be been on the Autism spectrum, this wouldn’t have been the first time it was visible.

He’s no more autistic than Scott Peterson. Unless Autism is a euphemism for sociopathic narcicist.

And one of the characteristics of all levels of autism is everything is black and white, everything exact, no grey areas.
His interviews were full of grey areas which we now know were lies. Out and out lies.

Not only that, it looks like he was trying to lay a foundation for his tale. He insinuates in the TV interview that she may have left on her own. He tells the Thayers and NUA that they'd spoken of separating and that he might sell the house. He apparently told the male AP that she was "controlling" and that he was in a bad marriage. I believe he was laying the groundwork for a "Shanann took off" story. That shows even more manipulation.
Exactly. If you were to sum up those media interviews in a word, it would be “manipulative.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme