Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is so good.:):):)
So inmates, speaking to visitors in confidence, are unable to plan, to arrange to hurt others outside, is that correct as all is recorded.
Certain inmates, due to perhaps being in prison, may blame others, and wish them harm.
MOO.
That’s the intent, although it doesn’t always work.

A human being has to actually listen to these recordings, and in many cases, this simply isn’t a viable option.

I saw on several FB posts where Shanann commented to friends that CW wanted the baby more than she did. I just think you know when you’re getting cheated on by subtle changes in behavior and how they’re suddenly spending their time differently than before. You don’t want to face it, but you know somethings off. I don’t think she knew for sure until that night, if at all. I think he was placating her and overcompensating with talk of the new baby because he knew how happy it would make her to hear him say it.

It might have been a sincere, although impulsive, attempt to keep the marriage together. It is possible that at the time of conception, CW had no plans to annihilate his family at all.
JMO.

The point is we don't know that's the sole reason he wanted the deal. What we know is that is the only concession he got in exchange for pleading guilty to all charges. It was a great deal for the state because they hadn't even announced whether they would seek it since it's not really carried out here at this time. They may not have even used it. To people not in on all of the facts of a case (which is anyone who's not directly involved in the case at this point), it's easy to speculate that's the only reason he asked for a plea deal but the truth is we don't know his exact motivation at this time. Perhaps we never will.

I would like to ask a question. Had CW been formally convicted to death, would that mean he’d spend his time on the Death Row? This is not fun by itself. Maybe this is what he wanted to avoid?

I know many people who did not get diagnosed until they were adults, and only in the past few years. Some were misdiagnosed with other things first and some were just shrugged off as "strange" or "awkward" when they were younger. It's not uncommon for that dx to come later in life.

I don't think it's really relevant to this crime, though.

I have been personally very friendly, for many years with a Doctor, who is married to a Pharmacist.
I was so surprised, when she stated, the Pharmacist, well in his 60s has just been diagnosed.
These are 2 highly intelligent people, with thriving careers for many years.
Both wonderful, in the community.
Hasn't Tom Cruise been diagnosed with Autism, and he has a great career.
So what!
So what does being diagnosed mean?
How many others out there, functioning well in society, may find in the future, they too are perhaps 'autistic'!!!!:(:(:(:(

It might have been a sincere, although impulsive, attempt to keep the marriage together. It is possible that at the time of conception, CW had no plans to annihilate his family at all.
JMO.

Didn't CW state, having a baby may help, if there are problems in a marriage: early on, when he gave a 'talk'?
Perhaps, that could be his reason: problems in the marriage.

Last edited:
(This just came on on Forensic Files: John List, Westfield, NJ, Family Annhilator. I’ve seen this episode before the Watts case, but watching it again with new interest and perspective.

John List - Wikipedia

“On November 9, 1971, he killed his wife, mother, and three children in their home in Westfield, New Jersey, then disappeared. He had planned the murders so that nearly a month passed before anyone suspected that anything was amiss.”

(ETA: I decided I’m “Family Annhilator’d out, so turned the channel and guess what is on now: Scott Peterson talking during an interview, he is being asked about him being at the marina: “I saw a couple guys fishing, they asked me did you catch anything, I called Laci just as I was leaving the Marina..”

Omg he sounds JUST like CW to me, his coolness and casualness. Unbelievable. They are like twins here moo.)

Last edited:
I don't know.

Maybe they can say he suffers from an undiagnosed bout of high functioning Aspergers and deserves some type of leniency?

I don't know. :(

I am not commenting on the diagnosis, but “high functioning” also implies “able to tell right from wrong”. Autism with low IQ or nonverbal one surely deserves some type of leniency.

But look at CW. He was able to get a job, he had a family and kids, a support group, and even people who fell in love with him, on the side. Asperger’s or not Asperger’s, he was darn high-functioning. So there is no way he did not understand that killing his whole family on a whim was wrong, nor was he unaware of normal, civilized ways out of the situation.

I am not commenting on the diagnosis, but “high functioning” also implies “able to tell right from wrong”. Autism with low IQ or nonverbal one surely deserves some type of leniency.

But look at CW. He was able to get a job, he had a family and kids, a support group, and even people who fell in love with him, on the side. Asperger’s or not Asperger’s, he was darn high-functioning. So there is no way he did not understand that killing his whole family on a whim was wrong, nor was he unaware of normal, civilized ways out of the situation.
Agreed. I think it is just more smoke and mirrors in a bid to find some reason CW is not truly and totally responsible. People will shout incompetent defense, restriction from his family's input, Asperger's, and abused husband syndrome all in an effort to find some reason why an otherwise seemingly likeable husband and father could annihilate his entire family and lie about it. IMO

I have been personally very friendly, for many years with a Doctor, who is married to a Pharmacist.
I was so surprised, when she stated, the Pharmacist, well in his 60s has just been diagnosed.
These are 2 highly intelligent people, with thriving careers for many years.
Both wonderful, in the community.
Hasn't Tom Cruise been diagnosed with Autism, and he has a great career.
So what!
So what does being diagnosed mean?
How many others out there, functioning well in society, may find in the future, they too are perhaps 'autistic'!!!!:(:(:(:(

I used to joke, living in a highly ITed state, that everyone who is not a loser has a mild degree of Asperger’s.

And seriously, best philanthropists were known to have it, and the condition itself is in no way indicative of absence of moral values.

But to look at it from the practical standpoint, after CW has annihilated his family, he is a huge danger to live in the community of average people, so “behind bars for life” means also, protect us all from him.

If the defense attorneys want to use whatever diagnosis he has to mitigate his prison conditions, it is their job. He has saved the state of Colorado a lot of money.

Agreed. I think it is just more smoke and mirrors in a bid to find some reason CW is not truly and totally responsible. People will shout incompetent defense, restriction from his family's input, Asperger's, and abused husband syndrome all in an effort to find some reason why an otherwise seemingly likeable husband and father could annihilate his entire family and lie about it. IMO

Yeah it doesn’t make sense here. I worked on a case where the defendant was accused of very subtle social manipulation to further a fraudulent scheme and he claimed he had autism so that type of social engineering was outside of his capabilities. It didn’t work but I understand the defense more in that type of case where the conductor of an elaborate fraudulent orchestra does require social skills and an ability to read cues and manipulate them. I don’t see how it would impact culpability for murder!

Autism would have definitely have been diagnosed at a very young age. I thought we were talking about Aspergers, which is much harder to diagnose. Imo

Asperger’s was “rediscovered” only in 1981. Allow at least 5 years for collecting enough cases. So, in late 80es to mid-90es, we are speaking about only major medical centers and big clinics having enough awareness.

I would like to ask a question. Had CW been formally convicted to death, would that mean he’d spend his time on the Death Row? This is not fun by itself. Maybe this is what he wanted to avoid?

From what I've seen online, when the death penalty is received in Colorado, the inmate spends out their time on death row at the Colorado State Penitentiary.

There are three men on death row right now in Colorado. The attached article from the Denver Post from 2015 provides a little information on it, and I think if someone had the opportunity to try to avoid going there, they would:

Colorado death sentence inmates moved to state penitentiary – The Denver Post

Oh, that's ok. It's confusing because Aspergers is considered a form of Autism, but it's not quite the same. They are still finding different types. They really should make it a diagnosis on its own. Jmo

It used to be. Now it is all “autism spectrum”. I think as genetic studies become more advanced, it will fall into different conditions and groups again.

I agree 'Best'.
We will probably hear many more reasons, diagnoses, ridiculous statements that poor CW is not responsible: anything to try to help CW.:eek::eek::eek::eek:
The many ridiculous suggestions are possible factors to lessen the severity of CW's actions, as these 'smoke and mirror themes' created by others, are thought to have influenced him.

These people FORGET in their thinking and planning, the nature of the crimes CW committed.
CW is an evil murderer who continually has lied, throughout his life.
He suddenly hasn't become irresponsible for his actions, due to any possible flawed reasoning by others.
I guess these CW supporters will continue in their endeavors, but the murders have occurred and there are no excuses now.
Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member