Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good luck to anyone who attempts to humanize this monster:

“He was a great husband and father before he decided to strangle his family to death, and dump their bodies like garbage. Should we seriously judge this man for one itty bitty little mistake?”

“Let he that never murdered his family, cast the first stone.”

Ha I didn't say it worked, but they usually feel the need to say something.

Is it possible to find out his prison information so we can send him holiday gift cards once he is moved to prison?

I'm just asking for a friend. :)

That depends. There is an inmate locator, but some high profile cases in CO have been sent to unnamed locations. Someone else posted a link here once called something about secret prison locations or something like that. I'm sorry I don't know where that is.

Ha I didn't say it worked, but they usually feel the need to say something.
Like S. Petersons dad did. Said “ This is bull&$@%” and walked out. His mom was just as nasty. Talk about frickin’ denial. Whatever. I believe CW will say nothing. “No sir” will be it. Let’s hope his supporters are civil.

I don't know.

Maybe they can say he suffers from an undiagnosed bout of high functioning Aspergers and deserves some type of leniency?

I don't know. :(
I’m guessing you listened to that podcast too? That is what the host said his sister believes that he either has aspergers or on the autism spectrum.

Like S. Petersons dad did. Said “ This is bull&$@%” and walked out. His mom was just as nasty. Talk about frickin’ denial. Whatever. I believe CW will say nothing. “No sir” will be it. Let’s hope his supporters are civil.

It would be nice if they said nothing at all. Just let SW's loved ones have the day. I'd say I'd be shocked if that happens, but frankly I'm shocked they took a plea so quickly, and one with no "real" concessions.

All MOO

It would be nice if they said nothing at all. Just let SW's loved ones have the day. I'd say I'd be shocked if that happens, but frankly I'm shocked they took a plea so quickly, and one with no "real" concessions.

All MOO
Agreed. Nothing would surprise me at this point, as I never believed for a second that he would take a plea in the first place.

That’s quite likely what’s happened. The quickness of it was surprising. Even the DA said in his career a case has never resolved this quickly. Hope you are doing well Best of What’s Around!
I also agree. I believe the "CW was Punked" was taken out of context -- it was a question along with "why take the plea so soon" (considering CW had not even been arraigned yet). I think the video defense attorney/blogger was also saying CW really had nothing to lose by moving forward and asserting his defense at trial. MOO

Agreed. Nothing would surprise me at this point, as I never believed for a second that he would take a plea in the first place.

I really didn't either. I didn't think they'd take a plea, and even if they did, certainly not so fast. There hasn't been an arraignemt, pre-lim, nothing. I can't wrap my head around it. I've never seen the pd plea this fast in an open and shut misdemeanor, let alone a quadruple murder. I feel like we're missing something. I'm waiting for a shoe to drop. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but it's weird to say the least.

As always MOO

I really didn't either. I didn't think they'd take a plea, and even if they did, certainly not so fast. There hasn't been an arraignemt, pre-lim, nothing. I can't wrap my head around it. I've never seen the pd plea this fast in an open and shut misdemeanor, let alone a quadruple murder. I feel like we're missing something. I'm waiting for a shoe to drop. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid, but it's weird to say the least.

As always MOO

It’s probably not that “we’re missing something.” It’s just that we aren’t privy to it yet.

It has to be something big.

As always MOO
I have to think that he wanted it, maybe knowing what could come out in court that he does not want his family to hear.

It’s probably not that “we’re missing something.” It’s just that we aren’t privy to it yet.

It has to be something big.

I think it does. Most of the defense attorneys I know on cases of this nature say it's worth rolling the dice unless you get a decent plea agreement. Punishment wise he didn't have anything to lose technically.

MOO

I agree. There's something else motivating him in addition to any thoughts on the DP. He'd die of old age before it was enforced here as things stand at the moment and most people in CO were aware of that before this case. I don't know if it will be revealed on the 19th because part of what he's avoiding is undergoing open scrutiny by the public. He has admitted guilt, not nolo contendere, on all charges along with premeditation, and he knows the inside of this case better than literally anyone. He has admitted there's sufficient evidence to convict him on all charges. Even at this early stage, the State's case is solid enough he'd rather go straight to prison than take his chances.
Boom! Pretty much says everything I need to know that CW is a confessed murderer of his entire family.

I think it does. Most of the defense attorneys I know on cases of this nature say it's worth rolling the dice unless you get a decent plea agreement. Punishment wise he didn't have anything to lose technically.

MOO
Exactly. In the earlier threads, we discussed how the death penalty doesn’t really provide the DA with any leverage in the state of Colorado.

We thought this was going to trial.

A plea was an outside possibility, and would still be a long way down the road.

That’s why the plea (only a few months in) was so stunning.

I also agree. I believe the "CW was Punked" was taken out of context -- it was a question along with "why take the plea so soon" (considering CW had not even been arraigned yet). I think the video defense attorney/blogger was also saying CW really had nothing to lose by moving forward and asserting his defense at trial. MOO

I totally agree. :)

I’m guessing you listened to that podcast too? That is what the host said his sister believes that he either has aspergers or on the autism spectrum.
Wow. She should know by now since he has been her brother for the last 3 decades or so.

Or atleast I would think so if the document was 100% accurate ?

Now some say that SW took her kids to alot of doctors visits for no reason at all.

So has Cw ever been diagnosed with Aspergers from a early age since the 80s?

Exactly. In the earlier threads, we discussed how the death penalty doesn’t really provide the DA with any leverage in the state of Colorado.

We thought this was going to trial.

A plea was an outside possibility, and would still be a long way down the road.

That’s why the plea (only a few months in) was so stunning.

Totally agree. I expected an ugly trial, I'm grateful that's not the case, and I need to just be thankful for a quick and just resolution for SW, Bella, Cece, Nico and their loved ones. Or go back to lurking.

Nothing about CW makes sense to me.

Why stray from adorable wife and children in the first place.
Then get your wife pregnant.
Then kill all of them.
Then blame the wife.
Then plead guilty so early in the game.

Maybe he feels remorseful. That would be the best case scenario. Hope he proves me right next Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member