Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Killer Chris Watts' parents blame dead, pregnant wife for murders
Convicted killer Chris Watts’ doting parents don’t believe he murdered his pregnant wife and two young daughters.

Not for a minute.

Instead, they’re pointing the finger at his “abusive” and “manipulative” late wife Shanann as the real culprit.

So strained were relations between the two women that the couple didn’t attend their son’s 2012 wedding, the distraught mom added.

The parents told ABC 11 that Chris’s relationship with Shanann was abusive and she isolated him from his family.

His mother doubled down, claiming that Shaanan was the one who was capable of murder.

Did you read the letter and listen to his mother's interview?

It is clear what the asterisk represent.
Exactly which is why I replied saying there were 4 not 5. I was responding to the question not asking it.

I so wish the reporter had asked her to elaborate on why they didn't go to the wedding. They thought she was dangerous. What on earth does that mean?

Dear Jesus God in heaven what a load of BS. There is nothing about SW or in her background to indicate that she is "dangerous". I find this wholly preposterous and defamatory

Thanks so much. Am I wrong in thinking K Almand is trying to take advantage of the situation for personal reasons? Smart Judge and good ruling.
No, you're not wrong. She's taking advantage of this family to promote that ignorant podcast. The Watts need a legal representative, not this whack job who thinks she can email the judge and ask him to call CW's mommy. Even us non-attorney's know a judge can't do that. It's insane. MOO

I belong to many of these groups(why I sought out WS). IMO there are large numbers of CW supporters (based on surveys that are regularly conducted within the groups). These same people or profiles may be outnumbered by the vast majority of logically minded individuals but therefore seemingly flock to places where they feel free to voice their oft controversial positions. There are blocks in groups numbering in the tens of thousands that bully and dominate anyone who dares to differ with their position.

The groups are also culled on a regular basis and those who don’t seem to go along with mainstream “group” opinion or comment at all are uniformly ousted-making the ones who remain a monolith, but the numbers left are nothing to sneeze at as far as groups are generally judged by. I also think that is why they feel so invincible. It only takes a few fertile imaginations coupled with some very scant and subjective information boldly stated to bolster their claims and make an impression.
An example of groupthink? Naturally it happens everywhere, including here at WS.

I have a theory about Mrs. Watts; like mother, like son. Narcissists! I believe Mrs. Watts was looking forward to the trial and saw it as her chance for stardom. A loving mother fighting for her son. Her turn to shine. Like so many others. And then, CW ended her plans and dreams by taking a plea deal. To her, that would be unacceptable. So, she goes to battle in the media and goes into attack dog mode against Shanann. I wish the DA or someone would get a restraining Order to shut the Watts family down! @gitana1 Could they do that?

I understand and respect the Rzucek family's need for dignity and respect and I applaud how they have handled the horror and insanity. They are heroes.

His guilty plea should have put an end to it, but here we are. Monday can't come soon enough for me. I'm sick of hearing what the people who raised this monster have to say. They're misinformed, misguided and repulsively spiteful. I look forward to hearing the victim impact statements and what the Judge has to say. Those are the words that will matter. MOO
I agree, they are definitely cut from different cloth than shannan’ family. How spiteful not to go to your sons wedding because you don’t agree on his choice of wife. IMO CW mom is just as bad as him, I’m not surprised he doesn’t want to speak to her.

Killer Chris Watts' parents blame dead, pregnant wife for murders
Convicted killer Chris Watts’ doting parents don’t believe he murdered his pregnant wife and two young daughters.

Not for a minute.

Instead, they’re pointing the finger at his “abusive” and “manipulative” late wife Shanann as the real culprit.

So strained were relations between the two women that the couple didn’t attend their son’s 2012 wedding, the distraught mom added.

The parents told ABC 11 that Chris’s relationship with Shanann was abusive and she isolated him from his family.

His mother doubled down, claiming that Shaanan was the one who was capable of murder.

Her family needs to save nerves now. As if they hadn't enough to deal with at the moment. I find that so gruesome and just inappropriate.

I have a theory about Mrs. Watts; like mother, like son. Narcissists! I believe Mrs. Watts was looking forward to the trial and saw it as her chance for stardom. A loving mother fighting for her son. Her turn to shine. Like so many others. And then, CW ended her plans and dreams by taking a plea deal. To her, that would be unacceptable. So, she goes to battle in the media and goes into attack dog mode against Shanann. I wish the DA or someone would get a restraining Order to shut the Watts family down! @gitana1 Could they do that?

I understand and respect the Rzucek family's need for dignity and respect and I applaud how they have handled the horror and insanity. They are heroes.
Shades of Cindy Anthony. (((shudder))) Did you listen to last night's podcast with Tricia, liltexans, Gitana1 and Levi? Enlightening!

Chris Watts' Parents Give Shocking Interviews/Arrests in Murder of 8 in Ohio

He did say it. He pled guilty right in front of them.

Following these cases for so many years I recognize the Watts family. They will never accept it.

Mrs. Watts explains it all in this article:

“That scares me to death,” she said. “It scares me to death to think that he could have done all of this. And I don’t wanna go there. I don’t wanna go there now.”
“I wake up every morning crying, you know, thinking this is not going to be what’s going to happen every single day,” Cindy Watts said. “It’s just so hard to get through it. I just don’t know how to get through it.”

Mrs. Watts can not face the fact that her precious son murdered his wife and children. In order to make sense of what has happened, she needed to come up with an alternate reality. Ignoring a few facts, exaggerating a few others, and aligning herself with like thinkers has armed her with enough ammunition to postpone facing the inevitable truth. Monday is going to be very difficult for her.
Chris Watts' parents question plea deal in murder of wife, daughters

In the last few hours of his freedom, who did CW want to talk to--his mother? No, just his father. Now I'm wondering how much he talked to her in the hours between the murders and his arrest, when SW and the girls were still "missing", before he admitted to murder.

He still is apparently shutting his family out, but they're not getting the message. Odd. The Watts have shown us all their character, such as it is. They should be ashamed. All IMO.

I think it displays her relationship and her real feelings for Shannan and her granddaughters pretty well. In the end all the blame is to put on the daugther-in-law. I feel even more sorry for all of them.. maybe she pushed Shannan to a point where they just couldn't stand each other anymore. Wouldn't surprise me. I will never forget how my mother-in -law told me (when I was pregnant) that she wasn't actually feeling really happy about it or looking forward to it. That was really hurtful! Sometimes mothers just go crazy over a younger female (girlfriend/wife) and see them as rivals. Happens often. Pretty stupid behavior for grown up women. I could tell you many stories in which my MIL showed me how much she actually hated me. And I clearly see the parallels. She wouldn't have a good word for me either.

And I hope for myself that I will keep this always in my mind. Whoever my son chooses to love in the future and whomever he will share his life with: I need to treat this person with all my respect, love and as a part of our family. Anything else is just not acceptable and causes much pain on both sides! Her granddaughters caught my heart in a moment! I would be so devastated about their loss.. I just don't understand the Watt's family.

Fleur.
Your MIL not happy about your pregnancy, shows disrespect. Not having kind words about you is hurtful, at the least.
In CW's case, his mother states, CW was not that happy about Shan'ann's pregnancy, and she certainly does not praise Shan'ann.
As you state, we treat our 'in laws' with respect.
MOO.

https://www.courts.state.co.us/userfiles/file/Court_Probation/19th_Judicial_District/caseofinterest/2018CR2003/Notice - courtroom change.pdf
"Based on the limited seating capacity in Division 17, the sentencing hearing will be held in Division 16, a courtroom that has greater seating capacity. However, Division 17 will be utilized for overflow seating and will offer live video streaming of the sentencing hearing."
You are so good. Thanks. We really appreciate you and your hard work.

Here's what deliberation means per the code:
  • (3) The term “after deliberation” means not only intentionally but also that the decision to commit the act has been made after the exercise of reflection and judgment concerning the act. An act committed after deliberation is never one which has been committed in a hasty or impulsive manner.
Colorado "first degree murder" laws |18-3-102 C.R.S.

P.S., a criminal defense attorney is going to be more likely to try to muddy the waters regarding the definition. But the code is clear.

It means quite a bit more than "he could've stopped but didn't."

Because that definition applies to heat of passion as well.

That's how I've understood that wording. I'm curious about your thoughts on this, as I've thought a heat of passion scenario, but still murder "after deliberation" is what Jeffrey MacDonald did. There was a violent, physical fight with his wife, she was severely injured and their oldest daughter came into their bedroom and was severely injured by MacDonald, as he swung back a wood club he was using to beat his wife.

They were both still alive. He could have stopped, but he deliberated, for a few seconds, minutes, etc., and decided to finish off his wife and oldest daughter by killing them and he then went into his youngest daughter's bedroom, where she was in her bed and her murdered her, too.

Family annihilator Chris Coleman is someone who deliberated for a long time and planned it all out far in advance.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member