Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #50

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally still want to know (most likely never will) why SW's mom & sister did not attend their wedding.
CW at that point must not have been saying anything bad about SW as he was marrying her and she was the woman he loved.
So what did the mother and sister see or think that would make them not attend the wedding??
I understand from an above post that his Dad did go. Usually no matter how people feel above a new son-in-law or daughter-in-law they shut their mouths and still attend if that wedding moves forward.
I just find that extremely odd and want to think that something must have been very wrong right from the get go. JMO

Indeed. Something was very wrong right from the get-go. A narcissistic parent. And an enmeshed golden child son breaking out and doing something where the parent wasn't in control and didn't get to be the star.

Many intelligent posters here who are well versed in Cluster B personality disorders, structural family systems theory, the dynamics of abuse, and the pattern of family annihilators have described the evidence and psychology of this very thoroughly and clearly.

I think Mrs. Watts thinks if she can convince enough people that her misunderstood little boy is a victim of an abusive wife and an incompetent public defender, she can make it all go away. She thinks she’s fighting. I thought it was very interesting when she said when Shanann first went missing she thought Shanann left and took the kids with her. She actually believed CW’s ridiculous story. I guess his father did, too. Something about this family. I can imagine CW thinking, “Well, my mom and dad believe my story, great, it works, so everyone else will.”
And like Norman Bates, CW probably grew up believing that a boy's best friend is Mother.:eek:
I doubt any woman would be good enough for Mother, especially someone feisty like Shanann.
Seems to me she felt SW was direct competition for sonny boy's affections.
moo.

Last edited:
Not likely, but maybe CW told his mom and sister that SW didn’t want them to attend the wedding.

ETA: Not because SW didn’t want them to attend, but because CW didn’t want them to.
Or maybe they just decided not to attend to stage a protest against CW doing something that they did not approve of.
The mother stated it quite clearly that they did not attend the wedding because she could not get on with SW.

I think Mrs. Watts thinks if she can convince enough people that her misunderstood little boy is a victim of an abusive wife and an incompetent public defender, she can make it all go away. She thinks she’s fighting. I thought it was very interesting when she said when Shanann first went missing she thought Shanann left and took the kids with her. She actually believed CW’s ridiculous story. I guess his father did, too. Something about this family. I can imagine CW thinking, “Well, my mom and dad believe my story, great, it works, so everyone else will.”

On one hand his parents are saying they thought SW took the kids and left Chris. On the other hand they tried to make it very clear HE was leaving HER in their interviews. Can't have it both ways.

I personally still want to know (most likely never will) why SW's mom & sister did not attend their wedding.
CW at that point must not have been saying anything bad about SW as he was marrying her and she was the woman he loved.
So what did the mother and sister see or think that would make them not attend the wedding??
I understand from an above post that his Dad did go. Usually no matter how people feel above a new son-in-law or daughter-in-law they shut their mouths and still attend if that wedding moves forward.
I just find that extremely odd and want to think that something must have been very wrong right from the get go. JMO

SW was too good for CW and deep down they knew it and didn't like it. They probably felt inferior to her but that's not SW's fault. Here comes this mature young divorced woman with the big expensive house and outgoing personality to take their dull boy from them.

Or maybe they just decided not to attend to stage a protest against CW doing something that they did not approve of.
The mother stated it quite clearly that they did not attend the wedding because she could not get on with SW.
Totally classless. Even if she had to plaster a grimace on her face for a few hours, she should still have done the dignified thing and attended her son's wedding.
Ugh. Poor Shanann.

I re-quoted the snipped part of my own post above. I already answered you once, and you snipped for clarity. I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obtuse and looking for exact wording we can both see is not there, or if you are genuinely trying to understand? Assuming the latter I'll try again.

They cannot contact him. No matter how much they yell, call, stalk, whine, cry, demand, and have letters written to the judge.

He can only contact them. Phone, letter, or adding them to his visitor list and allowing them to come.

They cannot contact him. He can only contact them.

As per the letter written, they have not heard from him since August. They have not heard from him since his arrest.

Do you feel that he deliberately shut them out, refused to contact them at all, or however you would phrase it?

Or do you think he's been deliberately refused his legal right, kept hostage by his defense and the county jail and refused any ability to contact anyone in his family whatsoever since his arrest in August until the night before the plea?

I'm not trying to be rude, there's just not many other ways to break it down.

Except they can write him. But your point is well taken. They can write him. And he can call or write them.

But he hasn't. If they wrote him he hasn't responded. To believe that both the jail and the PD are together colluding to deny the PD's client's rights to speak to his family or outside counsel or whatever, is born of the delusional desperation of parents who can't and won't accept their child's publicly-stated guilt.

What on earth would be the motivation of the PD? They are steadfast in their belief in an accused's constitutional rights. And now we are to believe in some vast and delusional conspiracy? Because a woman who couldn't accept that her son left the nest with another woman, said so?

Right, I’m aware of what the discussion has been regarding them not attending because they didn’t approve of the marriage and what the mom stated. I was just throwing another possibility out there. I wouldn’t put anything past a guy who’s admitted to killing his wife and kids. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think he was a behind the scenes *advertiser censored* stirrer.
Jmo

I’m the podcast caller with the NPD/Borderline mother and enmeshed family. I truly wasn’t expecting to speak but since I have, please know I’m available to anyone who needs an ear or support.
I heard your story, I want to commend you for sharing and also for taking the steps to separate from your family. Our society tends to make us feel family before anything or anyone else but I disagree. Being a blood relative does not mean you have to endure unhealthy relationships. My mother is borderline NPD and I keep contact to a respectable minimum, she is just so unlpleasant to be around, she is really just flat out mean. I am the baby of the family, the golden child, so she does not project on to me nearly as much as she does my siblings. The day I graduated high school my father divorced her, he has been married to his second wife for 20 years now and I am so grateful they found each other. When he first married her he kept repeating “ she is just so nice”.

“We didn’t attend because Shanann and I just couldn’t get along,” she said. “I didn’t like the way she treated him.”
Chris Watts' parents question plea deal in murder of wife, daughters

I'm gonna stick my neck out and say I think it's the evidence and the evidence only that made CW ask for a plea deal. Nothing more. Not the prospect of a trial, not (after seeing the parents' interviews) having to face his family, only the evidence.

I firmly believe that we're going to see that he made a very big boo-boo, that he was caught in the headlights.

Maybe he drugged the girls and drowned them in the bath and there is bath water in their lungs that separated from the oil they were put in.
Maybe they have records of him purchasing the drug or chemical he may have used on them.
Maybe he did an internet search for methods weeks ahead.

Given the extent of his lying and cheating, his double life, his level of self-awareness or rather lack of it, and his sociopathy (moo) I do not think he would be phased by the thought of lying his way through a trial. If anything his cheating would be perfect ammunition to use against Shan'ann flying into a rage. He already had his family on his side so they wouldn't be shocked that he was having affairs.

Right, I’m aware of what the discussion has been regarding them not attending because they didn’t approve of the marriage and what the mom stated. I was just throwing another possibility out there. I wouldn’t put anything past a guy who’s admitted to killing his wife and kids. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to think he was a behind the scenes *advertiser censored* stirrer.
Jmo
If he told them that SW did not want them there, Mrs Watts would be shouting it from the rooftops.

Defective people who are so hurt, who feel so worthless, sometimes they lose it, but their feelings of worthlessness can’t be attributed to their spouses because we are each responsible for our own self esteem. Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt a person with healthy self esteem. I can accept CW & SW were still young, marriage is a long journey of learning about one another, and they hadn’t figured out how to live together in harmony, yet. But then I think of Bella and CeCe. Why? Why? Why? They had absolutely nothing to do with their parents’ marital conflicts. Why kill them? It doesn’t make sense. And then I’m back to point zero. I can’t wait until we find out on Monday. I hope you will be present, here, at Websleuths @ 10:00 am, because I know I’ll have a lot of questions!

As for those who still believe that SW murdered the children, I don’t think it has anything to do with the murders and seeking truth and justice. I think it’s all about them, and the pleasure and notoriety they derive from being different. I think it’s an ego thing for them. It gives them a dark and sick power. It’s very strange.

Bam. Profound words.

Totally classless. Even if she had to plaster a grimace on her face for a few hours, she should still have done the dignified thing and attended her son's wedding.
Ugh. Poor Shanann.
Absolutely, whatever the conflict was, be gracious and rise above it for the sake of your son, of course we have seen she seems to lack that quality.

Not likely, but maybe CW told his mom and sister that SW didn’t want them to attend the wedding.

ETA: Not because SW didn’t want them to attend, but because CW didn’t want them to.

Why wouldn't he want them to attend his wedding?

And if he was the one who told them not to attend, why wouldn't MIL just say so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd