Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? It still supports his original story that he went into a rage and ultimately strangled her because she had killed his children. Some had a feeling there was a beating in between, because of the word ultimately.
But we really need there to be clear evidence that he killed the girls, otherwise the “Shanann killed the girls” claim of his will be left hanging out there, and some (his mom for one) will believe it.

Waiting a very long time. I have to think his publicized reluctance to cop to the plea will serve as the basis for an appeal at some future date. Old Mother Watts will be working on that, no doubt.
Oh God I hope not ! I hope he just accepts his fate and let’s SW family grieve their loved ones in peace.

Yes, there was a distinct difference in the tone and tenor of last night's far-too-long live session (over 2.5 hours - and then I stopped listening) without Kay (the one with all the sources and ringleader "mean girl" IMO). Jay was not bashing SW and tried to be more thoughtful and neutral. Now, whether that is because they have received significant grief over their clearly one-sided pro-CW podcasts or not, I do not know. But it was always clear to me that Kay ran the show in terms of dominance and was vocal in her callousness toward SW and SW's family, IMO. I think they have all bitten off more than they can chew...and quite possibly did not expect the potential backlash but also possible legal ramifications. IMO, even if if someone threatens or brings a lawsuit against them and it is not tenable, it would be an expensive endeavor for them to fight. I would expect the scattering we might be seeing. All just my 2 cents.
Maybe Mr Thayer called his atty. I would have.

In the extended interview with Mrs. Watts, she said that CW played baseball, basketball, and football when he was a child. She didn't mention any martial arts. It's possible he had some martial arts training, but we have no evidence of that.
True. If he belonged to a gym, however, he could have taken a few cardio classes that work that sort of thing in to the curriculum. Just a thought. I am just still hoping the leaks are wrong on any beating and/or defense wounds. It is horrific to consider. Still wishing and hoping that it was quiet and quick.

I know it's been discussed but I can't find the thread where People magazine's negative slant is questioned. Did anyone ever guess who their source is? Even their take on NK affair is as biased towards CW as one could possible be -- "Nichol Kessinger showed interest, and in his mind he was single, so it happened. He really regrets that Nichol got pulled into this.” Actually, HE showed interest, according to NK, who is more credible. HAD went into her office and introduced himself. HE, the murderer, had no trouble going after NK or his wife before he murdered her. Maybe he is not so soft-spoken and quite as he pretended to be, that was all part of his play. The passive "so it happened"-- poor CW just has things "happen," as if he has no agency. And as has been stated, it is just appalling that his regret is about NK. WHO the heck is this awful source?

This has nothing to do with freedom of speech. They haven’t been arrested for their comments.

No one is “entitled” to a platform to air their opinions. No one is obligated to listen to another’s opinion, take it on board, or respect it. Opinions are not fact.

I don’t respect their opinion at all.

They are deluded and have been spiteful and hurtful and people are reacting to their vile comments about an innocent victim of murder, at the hands of their own son.

That he murdered them all is fact, not opinion.

In a free country, people are free to react. Society has standards, and the backlash to their comments is reflective of those standards.
Freedom of speech is in our Constitution which I do respect. Nobody is forced to listen or agree with any opinion. That's reality. JMO

Yes, there was a distinct difference in the tone and tenor of last night's far-too-long live session (over 2.5 hours - and then I stopped listening) without Kay (the one with all the sources and ringleader "mean girl" IMO). Jay was not bashing SW and tried to be more thoughtful and neutral. Now, whether that is because they have received significant grief over their clearly one-sided pro-CW podcasts or not, I do not know. But it was always clear to me that Kay ran the show in terms of dominance and was vocal in her callousness toward SW and SW's family, IMO. I think they have all bitten off more than they can chew...and quite possibly did not expect the potential backlash but also possible legal ramifications. IMO, even if if someone threatens or brings a lawsuit against them and it is not tenable, it would be an expensive endeavor for them to fight. I would expect the scattering we might be seeing. All just my 2 cents.
Did they discuss "the letter" last night as promised?
Not surprised the pod people are on a break. Agree they have bitten off far more than they can chew. Their approach has been so casually, callously clueless.

I don’t believe he will, it was reported that he didn’t want to take the plea deal iirc, therefore IMO he doesn’t accept responsibility for murdering his family and definitely doesn’t feel remorseful. I think shannan’ family will be waiting a very long time before receiving any apology. He was still hoping to get away with four murders IMO.
I think he will make a statement. What he probably cares the most is how others see him, especially his family. But I doubt he will fully acknowledge responsibility. He may make a general statement saying he is sorry for all the pain this has caused, and he has no idea why or how this could have happened, how he could have lost control, that he loved his family more than anything, or something along those lines. Imo

I know it's been discussed but I can't find the thread where People magazine's negative slant is questioned. Did anyone ever guess who their source is? Even their take on NK affair is as biased towards CW as one could possible be -- "Nichol Kessinger showed interest, and in his mind he was single, so it happened. He really regrets that Nichol got pulled into this.” Actually, HE showed interest, according to NK, who is more credible. HAD went into her office and introduced himself. HE, the murderer, had no trouble going after NK or his wife before he murdered her. Maybe he is not so soft-spoken and quite as he pretended to be, that was all part of his play. The passive "so it happened"-- poor CW just has things "happen," as if he has no agency. And as has been stated, it is just appalling that his regret is about NK. WHO the heck is this awful source?
My personal guess is a member of CW's family, family friend, or even more likely, someone at MRS looking to make a quick buck? IMO

Someone who is close enough to CW to hear him confide that SW had checked out of the marriage. Or someone who is close enough to him to make up complimentary stories for him.

I find it so odd that CW's parents refused to attend his wedding to SW because Mama Watts couldn't get along with SW. How petty can one be? She didn't have to like her but out of respect for your son you don't skip out on such an important event. That there shows her true character. Of course I don't know what the conflict was all about but personally I wouldn't have shown such disrespect.

Between a mother-in-law from hell and being married to precious son Baby Bates, poor Shanann didn't stand a chance.
moo

Someone who is close enough to CW to hear him confide that SW had checked out of the marriage. Or someone who is close enough to him to make up complimentary stories for him.
It's disappointing that the People writer just goes along with it and hasn't tried to sound objective or find another source. Not that People mag is some great bastion of journalistic ethics, but still!

Difficult not to have a heavy heart thinking about the Rzucek's arriving DIA all the while knowing that SW, BW, and CCW will not be waiting to greet them in the arrival area --the precious girls bouncing off the walls in excitement to see them. :( Hope they can draw comfort in knowing that they made those girls feel loved every single day of their lives. Let justice prevail.

Waiting a very long time. I have to think his publicized reluctance to cop to the plea will serve as the basis for an appeal at some future date. Old Mother Watts will be working on that, no doubt.
We don’t know if that People story is accurate. I know other articles have been debunked.

I think he will make a statement. What he probably cares the most is how others see him, especially his family. But I doubt he will fully acknowledge responsibility. He may make a general statement saying he is sorry for all the pain this has caused, and he has no idea why or how this could have happened, how he could have lost control, that he loved his family more than anything, or something along those lines. Imo
True, he may hope that by making a statement he can cast himself in a better light. Even if he does, it will be self serving, false and no admission of guilt as to murdering his children. We shall soon see on Monday!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nelib87