Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW GUILTY* #53

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have a glimmer of hope that CW will redeem himself, confess all, apologize, and beg for God’s mercy. He’s had a lot of soul searching time to think this over. Right away, he had to realize he’d never see Nichole Kessinger again, unless she was on the witness stand testifying against him, and I am truly surprised he plead, “Guilty,” so quickly, and to all 9 counts. Maybe, he’s realized what an evil and stupid act he committed, maybe he hates himself for doing it.

I would like to be optimistic, but I believe he is a either a sociopath or a psychopath. If he says anything in addition to the absolute minimum required to seal the plea arrangement, I believe it would be manipulative and an attempt to play on the emotions of decent people to try to get them to feel compassion and pity for him. JMO.

Will he be closely monitored when he goes back to his cell after the hearing and in the future? I don’t want him escaping justice by hanging or slashing his throat in his cell. This has concerned me since his arrest.

It appears, even those closely watched, are able to commit suicide.
We have reported of some that have achieved this, a few threads back.

How does everyone feel about the autopsy reports being released? I’m in favour of keeping the autopsy reports sealed if the victims family was able to ask for them to remain sealed. Do they have to be released by law in these circumstances with a plea deal?

Thanks for the replies re: suicide let’s hope he doesn’t attempt it.

Yep, he certainly didn’t seem genuinely upset about his missing pregnant wife and small children. Very relaxed and calm, eager to answer any questions. No signs of crying, lack of sleep, panic, fear, worry, just nonchalant and devoid of any feeling. Imo

He was preening himself, for further partners, as now he would be on his own.
He had to make a good impression.
MOO.

That's right! She said their first thought was, what has she done now?
I don't know how to bring a quote over but I took BabyButterfly to mean she got duplicates because she wanted away from him. I may be wrong but I thought her friends may have known about some domestic violence in their relationship.
@BabyButterfly did the friends suspect domestic violence?

How does everyone feel about the autopsy reports being released? I’m in favour of keeping the autopsy reports sealed if the victims family was able to ask for them to remain sealed. Do they have to be released by law in these circumstances with a plea deal?

Thanks for the replies re: suicide let’s hope he doesn’t attempt it.
Yes. These reports have to be released under Colorado law. We’ll likely see them tomorrow.

I want to see them, but that’s because I am incredibly curious about all the evidence in this case.

Yes - we did resolve the truck . CW reportedly helped the friends that had birthday party transport lawn/patio furniture, leaving the truck parked on the street there. However, I think it pretty obvious he was in no hurry to retrieve the truck. That truck was as close to a dead body for LE as far as CW was concerned!
Thanks Seattle1. But I’m confused. I hope I’m not being totally dense, but.... the birthday party was Sunday so did he help them move the furniture then? And then didn’t he use the truck to transport the bodies to the oil site on Monday morning? Then return home Monday afternoon when NUA has called the police. Did he park down the street at that time? Or...Did he help the neighbors with the furniture after that, on Monday? When his family was “missing”?

My ex was viewed as a great guy by many who knew him. People with this personality disorder do favors so that they can collect on them in the future, either by being repaid in actions or words. I had to go into specific detail with mutual friends in order to open their eyes to who my ex really was (this was months after we split, not everyone spills the dirty details of their relationship to their friends while they're still trying to make things work). It was painful to have a few mutual friends who believed his words over my experiences, regarding his actions toward my kids and me.

ETA I don't know how to explain this without personalizing, sorry.
I have a word for your ex: you were married to a house devil, street angel. No further explanation necessary.

My ex was viewed as a great guy by many who knew him. People with this personality disorder do favors so that they can collect on them in the future, either by being repaid in actions or words. I had to go into specific detail with mutual friends in order to open their eyes to who my ex really was (this was months after we split, not everyone spills the dirty details of their relationship to their friends while they're still trying to make things work). It was painful to have a few mutual friends who believed his words over my experiences, regarding his actions toward my kids and me.

ETA I don't know how to explain this without personalizing, sorry.

Isn't that amazing. Our stories are almost exactly the same. My ex implied all sorts of horrible things about me to family and friends.

Not unlike CW, blaming SW for killing her children. The lies they tell, are epic.

Sending positive thoughts to Shanann’s family. I can not even imagine how hard this must be for them to not jump across the seats and pound him.

(I always think about this in other cases too, families and others with murdered children and loved ones, how on earth they maintain their composure...)
Thus the bullet proof vest. I hope Mr. Rzucek holds Frankie’s hand real tight tomorrow.

I don't know how to bring a quote over but I took BabyButterfly to mean she got duplicates because she wanted away from him. I may be wrong but I thought her friends may have known about some domestic violence in their relationship.
@BabyButterfly did the friends suspect domestic violence?

Not one of us suspected domestic violence. The only reason I thought that way, was because I had done that when my first marriage was at it's worst, and I thought I may just have to up and leave everything. I was taught it by a friend who had to do it. So, I had a get away plan. I hoped that was the case with Shanann.

Thanks Seattle1. But I’m confused. I hope I’m not being totally dense, but.... the birthday party was Sunday so did he help them move the furniture then? And then didn’t he use the truck to transport the bodies to the oil site on Monday morning? Then return home Monday afternoon when NUA has called the police. Did he park down the street at that time? Or...Did he help the neighbors with the furniture after that, on Monday? When his family was “missing”?
You are correct about party on Sunday. Party had made room for a bouncy castle, and he reportedly helped return furnishings prior to going to Thayer's (to spend the night). I believe that was on Tuesday.

Not one of us suspected domestic violence. The only reason I thought that way, was because I had done that when my first marriage was at it's worst, and I thought I may just have to up and leave everything. I was taught it by a friend who had to do it. So, I had a get away plan. I hoped that was the case with Shanann.
I'm sorry you had to go through that with your first marriage. I am equally as sorry you are living through this now.

I just checked the guide on my tv for tomorrow.

HLN has dedicated 3 hours of programming to CW’s sentencing.

It is Titled “Colorado Family Murders: Chris Watts Sentencing.”

Coverage begins at 10:AM Local time, noon on the east coast.
And right after the 3-hour HLN coverage is "Secrets, Lies, and Family Massacre" in which Ashleigh Banfield investigates the case of CW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd