GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #61

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is implying that her deception in the interviews means she had any prior knowledge of the murders. There is strong opinion, of which I agree, that her decision to delete possibly very pertinent information when LE is involved in a case of a missing woman and two children for the sake of her image/reputation is morally bankrupt, lives are more important, doing the right thing is more important. Her deception in the interview lies in her portrayal of the affair with CW, she was not quite the innocent bystander so to speak, as she tried to present herself. She was deceptive by having an affair, she was deceptive by deleting texts, she was deceptive in her answers to LE about her relationship with CW. None of this deception points to any culpability in the crime but it does point to what type of person she is.
MOO
.......................................^^^^^^
......................................Yep, this.​

Seriously, people may have made a flippant comment or two about her vocal fry and stuff but no one is saying she's guilty of murder because of the way her voice sounds.

I think there may be a couple who are speculating about whether she is complicit but most of us are simply shocked by her lack of empathy and her willingness to cover up evidence in a murder case in order to spare herself embarrassment.

Hey, fair enough. You are probably exactly right. I have been reading so many threads trying to find the link to the docs, and I must have come across a few like this and thought this was the collective opinion. I stand corrected!

At this point, I don’t think anyone is under the impression that she killed the girls.

Everyone knows that he has been sentenced to life in jail for all of their deaths.

It’s tough to hide from this story, even if you seldom watch the news.

BBM - there are still hundreds, if not thousands, who still believe she killed the girls, and unfortunately there are many things in the Discovery that fuels their arguments. Ugh.

Look, I’m just being honest. Again, I’m not saying it’s right or defending her at all, I just found myself remembering what that situation was like. He lied to me and I believed it.

Her texting nude photos (which I would never do, btw) has nothing to do with where the kids and wife are. Other than the fact that he is a cheating husband. Which can be proven without airing all the sext msgs.

Again, I am on your side, please don’t hate. I’m truly just saying, if that was me, and I was completely innocent, y’all would all think my dry vocal cords mean I’m guilty. That’s all.

And I wouldn’t want my sexts, which I was duped into thinking were going to be private, to be released to everyone in creation.....again I would never send sexts to begin with, I am just making a point.

I would also be demanding a polygraph to prove I had nothing to do with it, for the record.

But, my post isn’t really about whether or not I think she had knowledge, rather it’s about the posts I’ve read that seem to point to guilt based on these two factors that I feel could be explained. The throat thing legit happens to me all the time. I’m not doing it on purpose.

She’s guilty because she lied about everything in every interview.
She wanted his kids gone.
She wanted his wife gone.
Not just divorced, but not existing at all.
She pushed him, he did it.
She has zero remorse.
She did everything she could NOT to cooperate and impede the investigation.
She’s mad he screwed it up.

Perhaps his reward was to be a tryst with Threesome Jim. o_O

And I'm not screaming about affairs.
I've known very good people who had affairs. Sexual desire is super powerful. So is the desire for love and attention. Someone focusing on just you. I get it.

For me it's the accountability. Responsibility. Worrying about innocent victims or people at risk more than ourselves. Putting ourselves on the line for others.

I'm just craving a bit more of stepping up and doing the right thing I guess?

Snipped by me.

I agree about the stepping up, but, I don't know any "good people" who have affairs with married individuals.

One puts aside their "goodness" when they enter into a lie of this magnitude.

It doesn’t say the time.

I can’t find another reference for this, and no time either.

A mattress is mentioned on page 543 (Night is the 13th), when Nichol asked him why the bed didn’t have sheets.

Reading between the lines, it appears that this was a different bed/mattress (possibly the one in the master bedroom).

The fact that she inquired about the bed being stripped, and made no mention of it during the basement FaceTime video (on the previous night), might mean that the bed down there wasn’t stripped, but she could still see the mattress.

I really don’t know.

I agree with your thinking though, that a stripped mattress in the basement on the 12th, would be indicative of the kids already being dead.
OMG I'm sorry I jumped on this thread 6 hours late and you had all sussed it out already SMH. Had to work so I'm behind.

I’m a bit behind, but on the Ronnie Watts subject, I really don’t think he knew anything about the “story” until Chris told him the ridiculous lie in the interrogation room.

A couple of reasons for this:

Firstly - it’s way too obvious to me that this story was handed to CW on a silver platter by the interrogators - he had no other out and when interrogators asked if perhaps it was SW who did something, he ran with that almost straight away. He never came up with that idea on his own IMO.

Secondly, when he’s telling Ronnie this story, Ronnie is clearly confused and after Chris says he hurt her (SW), Ronnie asks “did they leave after that, or what now?” - Ronnie is still thinking they are missing, and that maybe CW hurt Shan’ann and that’s why Shan’ann left. It seems to take him a good few minutes to grasp what CW is actually saying.

I don’t give Ronnie much credit given the deplorable way he treated Shan’ann - both before and after the murders, but I really don’t think he knew anything before going in that room.

I also don’t see anywhere where Chris said he couldn’t put the girls with Shan’ann “after what she did” - I honestly think the Watts got that idea from the internet (maybe even Websleuths!). Unless I’ve missed it somewhere.

How did I miss this?!? Can someone show me where this is described? TIA

I found it. Not quite as I described. Maybe more how I imagined. He describes her slipping into bed. he wakes up and then wakes her up because she asked him to do so before he left. He rubbed her shoulders and head. He was on top of the covers in his clothes. I think most is true except he wasn't rubbing her shoulders and head. I think he pinned her under the covers and strangled her.

DISCOVERY PAGE 529 and 523. Our pages 525 and 526.

BBM - there are still hundreds, if not thousands, who still believe she killed the girls, and unfortunately there are many things in the Discovery that fuels their arguments. Ugh.
I should have said “sane people.”

If you still think she killed the kids, after he pleaded guilty, effectively saying “I killed the kids,” then I have no time of day for you.

These people are too far gone.

I’m a bit behind, but on the Ronnie Watts subject, I really don’t think he knew anything about the “story” until Chris told him the ridiculous lie in the interrogation room.

A couple of reasons for this:

Firstly - it’s way too obvious to me that this story was handed to CW on a silver platter by the interrogators - he had no other out and when interrogators asked if perhaps it was SW who did something, he ran with that almost straight away. He never came up with that idea on his own IMO.

Secondly, when he’s telling Ronnie this story, Ronnie is clearly confused and after Chris says he hurt her (SW), Ronnie asks “did they leave after that, or what now?” - Ronnie is still thinking they are missing, and that maybe CW hurt Shan’ann and that’s why Shan’ann left. It seems to take him a good few minutes to grasp what CW is actually saying.

I don’t give Ronnie much credit given the deplorable way he treated Shan’ann - both before and after the murders, but I really don’t think he knew anything before going in that room.

I also don’t see anywhere where Chris said he couldn’t put the girls with Shan’ann “after what she did” - I honestly think the Watts got that idea from the internet (maybe even Websleuths!). Unless I’ve missed it somewhere.

Yes. This makes sense.

I'm surprised by how different CW looks in his convicted mugshot. Has anyone seen any photos of him before he lost all the weight? Was his face very different then? Did he and SW lose a lot of weight together? When was this? TIA.

I just watched the part where he is explaining to them where the bodies are after he talked to his dad. It got cut off yesterday when I tried to watch it. Just when I thought Chris was incapable of feeling any regret or emotion. I've been waiting all this time to see a genuine reaction. Some sign that he actually feels the gravity of what he has done. The moment when it all hits him, and he breaks down in sobs of despair and shame and real grief.

It finally happened! The moment LE suggests a co-worker go to the site where he dumped the bodies. His body is shaking as he says, " no, no, no!" Everybody thinks I'm a good guy!" He breaks down in sobs as the realization finally hits him. After all this time. Everyone is going to find out that he's not such a good guy after all. Devastating.

Devastating to him. IMO.

My theory is that they did have an emotional talk, everything came out, he got it all off his chest and she did freak out- she told him to leave in the morning and that she would be taking a ton of money from him for child support and alimony. She said go sleep in the basement and I want you out in the morning. She just didn’t lock her door.

I honestly don't think he ever had the guts to tell her TBH.....I think he strangled her without her knowing why! .....JMO

edited to add: He is a fkn coward

My theory is that they did have an emotional talk, everything came out, he got it all off his chest and she did freak out- she told him to leave in the morning and that she would be taking a ton of money from him for child support and alimony. She said go sleep in the basement and I want you out in the morning. She just didn’t lock her door.
I don't believe there was any such conversation. When pressed for details about what was said, he did not say one new thing that wasn't already said during their previous texts about it. Everything he said was borrowed from those text messages. He is not creative enough to think of an invented conversation. There was no trigger, he just strangled her when she was most vulnerable. Imo

Snipped by me.

I agree about the stepping up, but, I don't know any "good people" who have affairs with married individuals.

One puts aside their "goodness" when they enter into a lie of this magnitude.

Would you change your mind of the married person was comatose? or otherwise totally out of it and incapable of a reciprocal relationship and the cheating spouse was desperately lonely and sad? How about if the marriage was dead and the spouses were only staying together for the sake of the kids? Or if one spouse was mean or withholding sex ND affection from the other for no reason other than a lack of attraction but finances prohibited divorce? What of the cheating spouse had a nervous breakdown and began cheating during that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member