GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #62

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She has the same rights as any other citizen, if that's what you're asking. Not against LE, because they haven't released any false information, but against news organisations etc.
Not saying they did, but what if LE did do something like that to someone? Is there any recourse?

I didn't like the pre-2018 polygraph "lie" questions. I thought that was a bit clunky. Especially the one about wanting to harm someone - it would not necessarily be a truth that he would have to lie about. Does everyone fantasize about harming another person? I certainly don't.
The part I enjoyed the most was when she basically complimented him on the fact that he was such a horrible liar. She assured him that he would definitely fail if he lied since his heart rate was off the charts. And there should be no problem if he was telling the truth. He didn't seem to be pleased about that. Every time she told him he was doing a good job he kept insisting he was so nervous and I'm sure was hoping that would result in the test being inconsistent.

CW says he weighed 248 before he started thrive, or was it when he met SW? Just trying to envision him in his skater clothes, with greased hair. He's not all that tall.

Another thing, he told his dad "I killed her". Then dad says, leading him, you smothered her? You strangled her? CW is not all that decisive in his answer, imo, although the sound was poor. Then CW says I did the same to her, (as she did to the girls), iirc. Then later with the agents, he mumbles about not actually seeing sw's hands, it was from the side. Sounded vague to me. Other than saying "I killed her" to his dad, did he ever just looked at any of the 3 and say I strangled her? Meaning sw.

I thought that 1 segment of the interrogation, after the polygraph was fascinating, where the agents were suggesting there was an accident, or that one of the girls was killed so that the dead one would not have to keep living alone, or that SW did it. It seems like they tried out several permutations, watching closely to see where he would enter the trap. Leaning very heavily on flattery, his being such a good father, keeping them warm, his own father would always love him, etc.

It made me wonder, in their training, if they have suggested techniques tailored to personality types/crimes/age groups. For instance, if I had killed my husband, I don't think that flattery would have swayed me to confess.

Those of us who have had the unfortunate circumstance to have had up close and personal relationships with someone with NPD are no doubt recognizing language and behavior that seems eerily and uncomfortably familiar. It is almost as if all these folks have been reading from the same manual on how to love bomb unsuspecting romantic partners. Reading the cards and messages feels like “deja vu all over again”. I fully expect that CW used exactly the same phrases with SW when he was first pursuing her. I am sure he trotted out what “worked” and used it again with NK and AP before her. I also believe like others have said he got most of those sentiments from songs, movies, poems, other people. He would have none of his own, though he would lie to himself that he was the original author of all of the flowery loving language. In my own experience, I saw the exact same words used with the new supply after I was discarded. It is not easy to recover from a relationship with person with NPD. It takes a lot of time (years) and self-care and -compassion. The silver lining is the wisdom that comes from the traumatic experience. I only wish SW had been given the opportunity to grow and flourish in the aftermath of her marriage to a narc.

Absolutely. I have no doubt he just repeated the same lines over and over.

It made me wonder, in their training, if they have suggested techniques tailored to personality types/crimes/age groups. For instance, if I had killed my husband, I don't think that flattery would have swayed me to confess.

I have no idea what the training consist of but it was amazing to watch. The more they flattered him they knew they found the golden egg.

I always thought the polygraph technician watched the results in real time, to tailor the next question. But Tammy did not have the laptop open, later she analysed the results in another room.

She has the same rights as any other citizen, if that's what you're asking. Not against LE, because they haven't released any false information, but against news organisations etc.

I don't think they released false information about her so much as irrelevant embarrassing information. I'm not a lawyer, obviously, but whoever was getting her to voluntarily sign the rights to look at her phone records seemed so reassuring that they were only going to look for where she was talking to Chris. Then they release that she was looking for *advertiser censored* for hours with a few salacious particulars thrown in and I just don't like it.

I can't remember what video it was in, but before they confronted CW, Agent Tammy asks CW if they find SW and the girls murdered, what does he think should happen to the person who did it.

And he gives a cold, clinical, non-emotional answer that then they should get the death penalty or if Colorado doesn't really do that, then life in prison. But no emotion or anger like how he would want them dead or suffer or what he would want to do to the person who did this to his family.

Which of course he didn't have that emotion because he is the guilty one! But even more was telling that if he was going to blame this on SW, he should have been all, "I would want to do to them the exact thing they did to my daughters, those were my kids."

My favorite part of the polygraph video is when awesome Tammy says, "Wow, the good news is, you are a horrible liar! Has anyone ever told you that? That was awesome. If you lie it will be really easy to tell!"

I still haven’t made it through all the polygraph videos. CW literally puts me to sleep. I want to see this, though!

It wouldn't be the first time two psychos meet and fall in "love". So far there's no digital trail or texts proving she asked him to kill them or she knew he was planning to do so but she came on strong started telling him to move out, to managing his diet. I find this bizarre behavior for only knowing/dating him six weeks. The google searches for wedding dresses makes me think he proposed or she hoped he would soon. The photo of the wildflowers right after he dumped and buried his wife seems like a confirmation photo. "I fixed" "it's finalized." In her own words. She asked him to "fix it" "to finalize it." Those words cannot be ignored.
Folie à deux.
That is likely the exact kind of speculation that she would be seeking a lawyer for, if that's in fact the case. If that type of thing has been insinuated in the media, or on any type of news source, she may be looking for compensation. I have no idea if it has, but I would not be surprised. As long as she can prove its not true, which she can, that is considered slander. At least I think it is. Maybe one of our lawyers can tell us. Although it seems Gitana is the only one left. Where did the others go!? Oh well.

I don't think they released false information about her so much as irrelevant embarrassing information. I'm not a lawyer, obviously, but whoever was getting her to voluntarily sign the rights to look at her phone records seemed so reassuring that they were only going to look for where she was talking to Chris. Then they release that she was looking for *advertiser censored* for hours with a few salacious particulars thrown in and I just don't like it.
I think LE makes false promises to people all the time to get the information they want out of them. Apparently, it’s a perfectly acceptable means to an end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234