GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #65

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% Agree. HLN's piece was much better. Was hoping there would be more from SW parents, friends, neighbors.

Listening to the audio of Frank and Frankie, they really viewed CW as your normal good guy, part of the family. This is what's (watts...sorry) hooking me to this story.

How did this "normal good guy" keep a lid on his darkness without anyone noticing, and then just let the volcano blow.

It is a mind blower because her parents lived with them for almost 18 months.

I just finished listening to Addy Moloney's phone interview with detective.
She said that Shanann wanted to stay home to work things out with CW and didn't not want to go to AZ, but he encouraged her to go. Why did he want her away?

(On Thursday, Aug 9, he changed his tune to nice, nice. Shanann's AZ trip, Aug 10-12)

He wanted to secure a burial site? or maybe he just didn't want her around to work on their marriage. Coward.
He had a hot date for Sat night.

This probably won't go down very well but I feel a bit sorry for CW. He absolutely deserves to spend the rest of his life in jail, but I can't help but think he was a broken man who just lost it- like a complete mental break. He seems like the kind of passive, quiet guy who repressed his emotions. I do wonder if he had a history of mental health issues, or maybe he was just hiding them? He just looks so pitiful in some of the videos- even the ones with Shannan and the kids. I just can't figure this guy out and its bothering me. <modsnip - discussing other forums>. I just feel so sad for Shannan, the kids, the families AND Chris, all those lives ruined. I just feel sad.

I understand. And it would have been OK with me, but by killing two little girls he crossed all paths to atonement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet she still would have struggled. The desperation to get a breath causes an automatic reaction. The person will kick and thrash to struggle to get free. He must have had to restrain her somewhat. Unfortunately even if she lost consciousness at first I think she wouldn't remain that way for 2-4 minutes. It was probably agonizing but only Chris Watts knows the answer to that. Imo
No, they go limp like they are dead because the blood flow is completely shut off from the brain. I don't know if there might be thrashing as a person is dying, but even if there was, it would be unconscious thrashing that would be really different from someone fighting for their life. It would be oxygen deprivation but not scratching, biting, gouging someone's eyeballs, the type of resistance that could possibly help them save their life.

Cutting off the blood flow from the brain while she was sleeping, or even if coming from behind her while she was awake, would have rendered her unable to fight within about 3 seconds. She never had a chance to fight. He was a total coward.

But he had the girls with him so 3-4 times a day with NK would have been impossible any way. I was thinking he must have had a plan (for premeditated murder) for wanting Shanann away. I just can't figure out what he could've been counting on, since he is so illogical.

The babysitter.

But he had the girls with him so 3-4 times a day with NK would have been impossible any way. I was thinking he must have had a plan (for premeditated murder) for wanting Shanann away. I just can't figure out what he could've been counting on, since he is so illogical.
Well, he could get a sitter and go out with her on the Saturday night. I don't think that he could have done that with Shanann home.

She had texted a friend saying she asked chris if she she shouldd terminate the pregnancy and that she was no longer excited about it

Very reasonable response to gestating a pregnancy where the other half responsible seems to not even care for you anymore and raising the kids on her own was a huge task
My take on that was she was trying to see if he would agree with her. She also text that friend that she got him to admit he did not want the baby by saying she did not want the baby, she was hoping he would say he still wanted the baby.

I just watched the 20/20 episode and I am a HUGE fan of the show but was a bit unimpressed. There were a few places where they showed pics of Bella and "Cece" that clearly weren't of Cece. Also, they really went with the gas station video, huh? That is so obviously NOT CW that I think it's borderline reckless to have shown that. I hope that person comes forward to say it was them on that footage. Lastly, I feel they portrayed NK to be a lot more sympathetic than we know her to actually be. Anyone who hasn't read the discovery but has only seen this show and the Denver Post piece would find her to be such an innocent victim in all this, which she is most definitely not.

But it was really nice to see the Rzuceks and hear from them. It's sad that they even have to go on a national platform to defend their daughter, who is a murder victim. It was also nice to hear from her friends, particularly NUA. That poor girl is so distraught. I wish them all peace and healing.

how can you say it wasn't him? the police say it was- so are you saying the police and prosecutor are lying??-- It looked like him to me.

Why did all the family call her Shannon in the interviews. <modsnip- rude>

Of course she didn't. They were all too busy with damage control for CW.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Big-time damage control and RW failed miserably as he talked about getting his son a lawyer, but then sat there and listened to his son confess to murder. JMO, RW didn't even seem to show much surprise over that.

Mother Watts said she wasn't worried at all when they first went missing. Huh? She probably already knew they were dead and that was no loss to her.

Yes, the desire to be with the love of his life and to be able to live his new life without the inconvenience of the old. Imo
Personally I think it's more complex than that, but it's only my opinion. When a child (in adulthood or not) is enmeshed with a parent one way to describe it is that there is nothing separating them - it feels physical, as if the child is an extension of the parent's body. Inside the same skin. If the parent is hurt the child feels hurt. I speak from my own experience, and it's not something I was even aware of until I had therapy, because it started so young. It just feels like a need to protect the parent from harm, maybe the other parent (B) who harms them, the parent (A) isn't capable, and the consequences of not doing so are going to cause the death of the parent. Very dramatic and irrational but it is viewed from a child's perspective. Strangely and maybe even perversely in this case it is a rescuing dynamic. I do think that CW was enmeshed with his dad and I do think Shanann's fall out with the Watts and RW's reaction by blocking them all had a very big effect on him. I think he may have really hated Shanann for the perceived injury to his father.

This collided with his finding of a new support person in NK. Without the nut incident I think CW would have manipulated Shanann eventually into leaving him, and he would have lied to everyone that he met NK after Shanann left him. So I think it wouldn't necessarily have ended up in murder.

The other dynamic to this is I think he really hated his mother and was able to project that hatred onto Shanann. I think he compartmentalized the children as objects that were part of Shanann. Possibly.

It's still a work in progress for me. I also haven't factored in the making of the sociopath yet because that is the unknown quantity for me. Top of my wishlist for Christmas is a book called Talking with Psychopaths and Savages!

Well, he could get a sitter and go out with her on the Saturday night. I don't think that he could have done that with Shanann home.
I suspect that it wasn't as simple as that.

I think that encouraging Shanann to go to AZ had to do with premeditated murder he was planning, not just him wanting to go out with NK on Saturday night.

That's what it looks like to me also, (that it was planned), but why did he screw up so much, leaving his wife's phone home, leaving her purse home, dumping the kids in the tanks where they would eventually be found, leaving her car at home?

Perhaps he planned to move these items (cover up) when he returned from work.
He didn't anticipate NUA would call in the Coppers.
Placing the kiddies into those tanks: it was stated these tanks were soon, no longer to be used.
Maybe CW thought, the bodies would decompose over time.
He perhaps planned to move SW's body later.
But LE got to him immediately, foiling further 'cover up'.
MOO.

Why did all the family call her Shannon in the interviews. <modsnip - rude>

CW said they named her Shan’ann “after ShaNaNa” but called her Shannon. Presumably she dropped the apostrophe and started pronouncing it as it was spelled, “Shanann as in shenanigans” is what she told people, according to both CW and Nickole.

Why? Maybe she just preferred it, maybe she was sick of people mispronouncing it her whole life and figured if you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em. <modsnip - references snipped part of quoted post>

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
CW said that Shanann used fertility drugs to get pregnant with the girls. My guess (moo and all that) is that because of that, he did not expect her to get pregnant so quickly with Nico.

After watching the 20/20 episode last night I realized that Celeste looked so much like Shannan's mom.

Still after 4 months it's so hard to believe that those 2 beautiful, precious , sparkling little girls and their beautiful mom and little bro are truly gone. It's so hard knowing CW fooled everyone into believing he was a caring, loving, protective father & husband. He was not. No workplace floozie can cause this man to murder and discard his family.

Any person who engages in a relationship with a married person, regardless of the status of that marriage( separated, in midst of divorce, being lied to about status, ect) deserves the blow back that comes when the person they are cheating with shows their true colors. People who engage in relationships with married people are not innocent bystanders. In for a penny, in for a pound.

JMOO

This case, is a clear example, of horrid consequences, in such illicit relationships.
OK, this is an extreme, but less horrific cases, due to such affairs, have often hit the News, ending in murders.
Those in past illicit relationships that have survived, where consequences have not caused tragedies, can count themselves lucky.
MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members