GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he had passed the test, would LE have told him he failed anyway? I mean they knew he did it, and once he knew that he'd failed the (partial) truth came out.

LE are allowed to lie to suspects. As of Tue, they were already investigating the case as a "possible homicide" (see report by the surveillance officer from Tue), so they would have pushed for a confession anyway. By early Thurs AM, they would have found Shanann's body at CW's worksite, so there goes his "I have no inclination of where she's at"....

To me all this shows disorganization and panic. I know it is popular on here to claim he was unintelligent but he wasn't. You don't graduate from a pretty intense technical school for mechanics, become a Ford Master Mechanic or gain the nickname of 'Rainman' from your oil field co-workers by being an idiot.

He made many mistakes that seem dumb on their own but I attribute many to being blunders made in a panic and some because he was unable to finish with his cover up. His plan was cut short when LE became involved early and he had to play the hand he was dealt which wasn't a very good one.

I agree about the panic; he even said to the FBI about the disposal of bodies "I did not know what else to do!" which seemed sincere. But he was clearly dumb as well -- no "reasonable" criminal would talk to the FBI/CBI so extensively and take a polygraph test without *first* consulting a lawyer.

But he was clearly dumb as well -- no "reasonable" criminal would talk to the FBI/CBI so extensively and take a polygraph test without *first* consulting a lawyer.

The vast majority of criminal suspects speak with LE. Their desire to attempt to explain away the evidence implicating them overrides the thought process of obtaining a lawyer.

I believe he thought that no one would come looking and they'd take his explanations at face value because he had already discarded them mentally by the time he committed the murders...they were objects that could be easily discarded without a second thought from him or anyone else (in his mind).

My ex-husband is CW in so many ways. He did his very best to eliminate me without actually killing me and he was flabergasted that his plan didn't work. He's a wolf in sheeps clothing just like CW - everyone thinks he couldn't possibly hurt a fly...sadly I know different ...Shannan was learning who CW really is in those last few weeks :(

The vast majority of criminal suspects speak with LE. Their desire to attempt to explain away the evidence implicating them overrides the thought process of obtaining a lawyer.
And I would add, the arrogance of some who think they are so much more intelligent than everyone else that they can talk their way out of anything.

The year is almost over and the last five (5) months have been interesting and full of surprises, to say the least. NK is, no doubt, settling into her new "protected" life with taxpayers footing the bill for her bad decisions. the Watts family is probably stewing in their blame of others mixed with self-pity. The Rzuceks are facing life without their beloved daughter and grand-children, at least knowing justice was done. I pray they find peace and some future happiness. I pray that Shanann, Nico, Bella, and Cece are at peace in heaven, surrounded by light and love. And CW, the cold, horrible monster CW, he now lives in the belly of the beast, apparently glutting himself with sweets. His nightmare is just beginning and could last forty years or more, until he moves on to the next, much worse nightmare, if there is one.

I think most of us here believed this was going to be a long, rocky road up to, and including the trial. Lots of lies, recriminations, misdirection, legal ploys, and horrible stress on the Rzuceks. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I give no credit in anyway to convict. I believe the quick and masterful job done by LE and DA Rourke, coupled with convict's demons (in his head) led to the quick conclusion. I believe that on some level convict hates and wanted to punish his mother, and that was the demons that led to accepting the plea deal. Now it's done. There is so much we've learned and so much we don't know, and probably will never know. As DA Rourke, and several here, have said; nothing convict says, can be believed. I've enjoyed the ride, the discourse, and I've learned a lot. Kudos and Thanks to everyone.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year and God Bless. :D

The year is almost over and the last five (5) months have been interesting and full of surprises, to say the least. NK is, no doubt, settling into her new "protected" life with taxpayers footing the bill for her bad decisions. the Watts family is probably stewing in their blame of others mixed with self-pity. The Rzuceks are facing life without their beloved daughter and grand-children, at least knowing justice was done. I pray they find peace and some future happiness. I pray that Shanann, Nico, Bella, and Cece are at peace in heaven, surrounded by light and love. And CW, the cold, horrible monster CW, he now lives in the belly of the beast, apparently glutting himself with sweets. His nightmare is just beginning and could last forty years or more, until he moves on to the next, much worse nightmare, if there is one.

I think most of us here believed this was going to be a long, rocky road up to, and including the trial. Lots of lies, recriminations, misdirection, legal ploys, and horrible stress on the Rzuceks. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I give no credit in anyway to convict. I believe the quick and masterful job done by LE and DA Rourke, coupled with convict's demons (in his head) led to the quick conclusion. I believe that on some level convict hates and wanted to punish his mother, and that was the demons that led to accepting the plea deal. Now it's done. There is so much we've learned and so much we don't know, and probably will never know. As DA Rourke, and several here, have said; nothing convict says, can be believed. I've enjoyed the ride, the discourse, and I've learned a lot. Kudos and Thanks to everyone.

Have a Happy and Safe New Year and God Bless. :D

You've summed up this case perfectly. I was one who thought this was going to be a long road and I was concerned about that for Shanann's family. LE and the DA did an excellent job and I imagine this case was very hard on them all as well. It's been the hardest case I've ever followed.

I hope you have a very Happy New Year, too!

Man....just getting caught back up with this. The fixation on and demeaning accusations about NK is out of hand and shocking.

Over 50% of marriages fail and infidelity from both genders is a leading cause. Using those numbers a decent percentage of any group, including right here on WS, is going to have those who were unfaithful and it led to divorce. Lets not pretend her conduct was shocking. Millions do it yearly, it just doesn't end up tragic like this.
You say you haven’t been on here for awhile... does that also mean you missed reading the 2000+ pages in the DA’s documents dumps, and watching or listening to the taped interviews with NK? If you have missed those, and all you’ve read is the Denver Post article, I can understand your confusion....

I see the demeanor of someone unwillingly thrust into the national spotlight in a tragedy of epic proportions.

It is easy to rationalize how you think someone else should act with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, not so much when it is you who is involved as it is unfolds in the shock of the moment.
I respectfully disagree.
ETA -omg, my spelling!

Last edited:
LE are allowed to lie to suspects. As of Tue, they were already investigating the case as a "possible homicide" (see report by the surveillance officer from Tue), so they would have pushed for a confession anyway. By early Thurs AM, they would have found Shanann's body at CW's worksite, so there goes his "I have no inclination of where she's at"....

IIRC, Tuesday afternoon was when CW did his porch interviews and it was very obvious he was lying and that something horrible had happened.

It's been interesting to watch the police body cam videos taken on Monday, when LE first started investigating, and especially how he guilty he was acting when he was at his neighbor's house, looking at the neighbor's security video.

I agree, LE would have found Shanann's body at the work site on Thursday. The drone captured the grave and the bed sheet on Wednesday night.

It was amazing to see just how long CW kept up his charade of lies. The interrogators knew he killed them and I think they also knew they were going to come back with a "you failed the LD test" no matter what the results were, though I do think the tests are fairly accurate and it very likely showed he was lying.

It broke CW to the point where he acknowledged he killed Shanann and he told them where they were, but he still had another lie left in him.

Unbelievable how this guy's brain works.

To me all this shows disorganization and panic. I know it is popular on here to claim he was unintelligent but he wasn't. You don't graduate from a pretty intense technical school for mechanics, become a Ford Master Mechanic or gain the nickname of 'Rainman' from your oil field co-workers by being an idiot.

He made many mistakes that seem dumb on their own but I attribute many to being blunders made in a panic and some because he was unable to finish with his cover up. His plan was cut short when LE became involved early and he had to play the hand he was dealt which wasn't a very good one.

'he had to play the hand he was dealt' This is a strange idiom to use given the circumstances, he killed his family, he didn't wake up and find them dead, he wasn't born with a disability where he's accepted his lot in life and made good of it.

I don't think labelling CW as an idiot will ruin his reputation further but what's so scary is he probably still cares about it, so bravo for highlighting his achievements, he sure made his mama and papa proud. :rolleyes:

CW being good at mechanics/maths and a man of few words does not make him a genius and it wouldn't matter an iota if he were, he's a sickening individual who THINKS he's superior to anyone he encounters. He's grown accustomed to having his way, that what he says and does will never been scrutinized because he's worked long and hard on his 'good guy' image. Here's where I will give him 'credit', who knows what serious mischief he got up to in his youth and was never suspected.

In his interview before the 'confession', he described himself as how other people perceive him as his 'true self'. He thought because HE didn't care about his family, NO ONE else would, how arrogant, coupled with stupidity is what we've got here! So narcissistic pd (false self) is very prominent with psychopathic traits (co-morbid), w/e, he's a poster boy for it! It doesn't matter about the armchair analysis because it's far more accurate than the false image he projected, everyone has 'GOT HIM' now, the 'REAL' Chris, he couldn't contain his real self behind the mask no longer.
I can't wait for his psych evaluation, I'm sure he'd line up for it too, any chance to talk about himself and boost his ego will be given the green light, imo.

Great points. Personally, I don't think he's a psychopath. They tend to be good at lying, and we all know he can't lie to save his life. Literally. MOO. As a couch therapist.;)

I think CW was completely out of his element when he was lying to LE and in the porch interviews, and he found himself in a position where he couldn't explain just how Shanann had left the house. But he tried for three days.

I agree, he wasn't a good liar. He was very obvious, but he persisted with his lies and he showed no signs of remorse. I imagine in his own element, he's probably a very convincing liar and comes off as very innocent and very sincere, especially with women when he is trying to engage them, and I think he did this to Shanann, too.

I think he faked an entire persona much of his adult life, and pretended to be a nice, quiet, sincere man. He ended up showing the world who he really is and he is not that man. He's a monster.

On Tue night, the FBI clearly telegraphed to CW that they were onto him: "nothing you are saying makes sense" & "you are lying about *something*". It was time to lawyer up. Even NA, when pressed to meet with FBI/LE for yet another time, grew concerned and asked them if she'd be arrested if she showed up (poor woman!). But she's a lot smarter than CW, that's for sure.

You say you haven’t been on here for awhile... does that also mean you missed reading the 2000+ pages in the DA’s documents dumps, and watching or listening to the taped interviews with NK? If you have missed those, and all you’ve read is the Denver Post article, I can understand your confusion....

No....I filed through it over the last few days. I just don't have the same reaction as many on here who are looking for someone else to blame now that CW is locked away.

Intelligence in one field, ie mechanics, is great, i admire it. But even his mother admitted that cw had trouble socially, which is also a field that requires intelligence: to understand what others are communicating and to have the ability to interact appropriately in return, without choosing mass murder to replace manuevering through divorce proceedings for example..

I completely disagree with your statement that cw had to play the "hand he was dealt".

He dealt himself the hand, there was nothing passive about it. His choices, his lack of planning. His lack of intelligence in seeing what the results would be from the course he chose.

Go listen to the CBI interview after his confession. His anger at SW is incredible, even at that point, after having been caught, he was blaming her for his situation, a predicament that he himself was responsible for.

No....I filed through it over the last few days. I just don't have the same reaction as many on here who are looking for someone else to blame now that CW is locked away.
?? Who on the thread is blaming someone other than CW ?? It would help to at least watch the CBI interrogation, the pre polygraph, the polygraph and confession. It's all easily accessible on youtube. Then you'd understand which behaviors of CW some of us are calling stupid, unintelligent, etc.

I don't believe this is the only vile/sneaky/self serving thing "good guy" Chris Watts has done in his life. Sneaky people are always sneaky, and its not a positive quality. Also looking forward to his psych eval. Hope its shared.

I think CW was completely out of his element when he was lying to LE and in the porch interviews, and he found himself in a position where he couldn't explain just how Shanann had left the house. But he tried for three days.

I agree, he wasn't a good liar. He was very obvious, but he persisted with his lies and he showed no signs of remorse. I imagine in his own element, he's probably a very convincing liar and comes off as very innocent and very sincere, especially with women when he is trying to engage them, and I think he did this to Shanann, too.

I think he faked an entire persona much of his adult life, and pretended to be a nice, quiet, sincere man. He ended up showing the world who he really is and he is not that man. He's a monster.
Agree completely... he was a good liar, but not an effective one... good liar can by psychopathic, effective liar can be intelligent and psychopathic...

?? Who on the thread is blaming someone other than CW ?? It would help to at least watch the CBI interrogation, the pre polygraph, the polygraph and confession. It's all easily accessible on youtube. Then you'd understand which behaviors of CW some of us are calling stupid, unintelligent, etc.

Who? Pages upon pages of comments attacking NK as basically an accomplice.

I have seen all those things. I still see desperation, not a lack of intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog