GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In watching his porch interviews, I thought he came off as a pretty smooth liar when he thought he was in control of the interviews. He looked straight at the camera when he lied and he didn't flinch.

I think what really messed him up in the interviews is primarily two things. First, he had to play two separate and conflicting roles in those interviews. One role was for LE and the public and that was of being a concerned husband and father. The other role was for NK's benefit and he barely referred to his missing wife and children by their names, didn't mention Shanann's pregnancy, said weird things like "it's vanished", and he smiled and chuckled inappropriately. I think those chuckles and smiles were for NK - as in "I told you Shanann was crazy".

The other problem he had was motor mouth. He couldn't explain how Shanann and the girls left the house so he went on and on and he was stumbling badly.

Marlon Brando would not have been able to pull off two such conflicting roles at the same time, but CW thought he could and he did three separate interviews. He's so narcissistic, self-absorbed, and completely lacking in self awareness that he had no clue that others, and LE would view his interviews as evidence of guilt. He probably thought he did a good job in the interviews until one of his friends told him otherwise.

JMO, CW is far from smart. Smart people don't do things that will land them in prison with the death penalty or LWOP, but psychopaths do it all the time. They greatly overestimate their abilities and their own intelligence and they greatly underestimate the intelligence and abilities of others. They simply don't think there will be any consequences to pay.

JMO

I imagine he thinks he is a stable genius

I can’t shake the feeling that the flower photo that CW took and texted to NK was supposed to be symbolic. He kills his family, buries his sweet wife and unborn son in a shallow grave, Climbs the oil towers, unscrews the 16(?) bolts, then drops his beautiful daughters in the oil.... utterly horrific. (It’s even painful to write it!). But then after that experience he decides to take a picture of a flower and send it to his AP?

I can’t imagine that anyone would have knowledge of or participate in such a heinous crime ... but it does seem like the flower pic was a message of some sort.

Why did NK erase messages which would have shown that she had no prior knowledge? Did CW have a history of sending flower photos to NK?

And something that confuses me is the night he got a babysitter and supposedly went to dinner with her and then back to her house but in discovery his text read like she was the one who was driving home he says I'm glad you left when you did because the Rockies game is just getting out I hope you made it home safe..something to that effect, .... just another factor contributing to the amount of deception involved!! MHO NK was at that house more than twice and I think they both enjoyed getting away with their deviant Behavior and God only knows what that entailed!!

That text was sent Friday night. I think he was talking about something she attended on her own. There are no texts from the date night on Saturday.

In watching his porch interviews, I thought he came off as a pretty smooth liar when he thought he was in control of the interviews. He looked straight at the camera when he lied and he didn't flinch.

I think what really messed him up in the interviews is primarily two things. First, he had to play two separate and conflicting roles in those interviews. One role was for LE and the public and that was of being a concerned husband and father. The other role was for NK's benefit and he barely referred to his missing wife and children by their names, didn't mention Shanann's pregnancy, said weird things like "it's vanished", and he smiled and chuckled inappropriately. I think those chuckles and smiles were for NK - as in "I told you Shanann was crazy".

The other problem he had was motor mouth. He couldn't explain how Shanann and the girls left the house so he went on and on and he was stumbling badly.

Marlon Brando would not have been able to pull off two such conflicting roles at the same time, but CW thought he could and he did three separate interviews. He's so narcissistic, self-absorbed, and completely lacking in self awareness that he had no clue that others, and LE would view his interviews as evidence of guilt. He probably thought he did a good job in the interviews until one of his friends told him otherwise.

JMO, CW is far from smart. Smart people don't do things that will land them in prison with the death penalty or LWOP, but psychopaths do it all the time. They greatly overestimate their abilities and their own intelligence and they greatly underestimate the intelligence and abilities of others. They simply don't think there will be any consequences to pay.

JMO
All the smiling just screamed out to me that he was lying. And there was no sorrow or concern in his eyes. His face was not that of a husband and father who was terrified about the fate of his family.

JMO
I completely agree!

That text was sent Friday night. I think he was talking about something she attended on her own. There are no texts from the date night on Saturday.
Oh ok, Im sorry if it's the wrong day so much information to take in weather false or true but I am impressed at how astute you are on the case! And also impressed with your conflictions with a lot of people that have been on here for a long time... we are not playing the blame game nor the devil's advocate just studying information that is Supposed to be true, and what makes it hard is much of it is deceit!!!! Just a question would you be personally linked to anyone in this case??

Oh ok, Im sorry if it's the wrong day so much information to take in weather false or true but I am impressed at how astute you are on the case! And also impressed with your conflictions with a lot of people that have been on here for a long time... we are not playing the blame game nor the devil's advocate just studying information that is Supposed to be true, and what makes it hard is much of it is deceit!!!! Just a question would you be personally linked to anyone in this case??
And perhaps that could imply they were at the house Friday night if your timeline is correct?.

And perhaps that could imply they were at the house Friday night if your timeline is correct?.

I don't see how "good thing you left early, you would've been there for a while" could have anything to do with her being at or leaving his house.

Something that has been bothering me lately is the texts that NK had selectively deleted. It seems so telling that she went through all of her texts and picked out the ones SHE didn't think were appropriate.... When there is something I don't want someone to see, I delete the entire conversation, and that is very simple to do compared to going through the entire conversations of the texts. IMO she should have looked more suspicious due to that reason than just if she were to delete them all, she put to much thought into them by going through them all deleting some but not others. Her only concern should have been helping anyway she could with that investigation, not taking the time and deleting things that could help the case! Sorry, it hasn't bothered me as much before but I do think she knew way more than she ever led on to.

Something that has been bothering me lately is the texts that NK had selectively deleted. It seems so telling that she went through all of her texts and picked out the ones SHE didn't think were appropriate.... When there is something I don't want someone to see, I delete the entire conversation, and that is very simple to do compared to going through the entire conversations of the texts. IMO she should have looked more suspicious due to that reason than just if she were to delete them all, she put to much thought into them by going through them all deleting some but not others. Her only concern should have been helping anyway she could with that investigation, not taking the time and deleting things that could help the case! Sorry, it hasn't bothered me as much before but I do think she knew way more than she ever led on to.
I agree and well spotted. NK probably didn't delete all of the texts because she wanted it noted she wasn't in his presence (even though it's permanently logged, NK made an internet search asking this very question) and the conversation was mainly about mundane stuff .
Probably a lot were of a sexual nature but I think CW spoke horribly about Shanann, which she denied in her interview and is a lie, imo.

'The girl was always on her phone', isn't a comment a stranger makes unless CW told her this and/or she went through Shanann's facebook videos and posts, which also means she knew about the pregnancy, another reason to call CW out on his lies and threaten to end the relationship.
CW is fully responsible for his actions but NK didn't want to help LE build a story if it meant she played a larger part in CW's twisted decision making. Only she and CW know the truth.

Another trial I followed, the mistress, Toni McHugh begged Gerard Baden Clay to tell his wife about them as both women would be at the same real estate conference the next day, he killed his wife, Allison, that night.

we have established by her interviews she is a controlling person.
imo pushy.

all the erased (incriminating ) texts I think are push....push......push....push.....push.

removed all traces of her dominating play.

she should have left all of it out there.
showing that you love someone deeply and are keen to get on with a life together isn't a crime.
but removing all traces of this leaves the door wide open to interpretation.
and for that she deserves all the rumours and gossip it has created.
it was at the hands of herself.

people who have nothing to hide.... hide nothing.

couple it with her mean vindictive comments and lack of compassion toward shannan , she stinks big time.

moo

NK didn't want to help LE build a story if it meant she played a larger part in CW's twisted decision making. Only she and CW know the truth.

Well put and I agree! Only they know and I hope she can live with herself for that.

Another trial I followed, the mistress, Toni McHugh begged Gerard Baden Clay to tell his wife about them as both women would be at the same real estate conference the next day, he killed his wife, Allison, that night.

I will check this out. The mentality of "oh, I'll solve the problem here, I just need to eliminate the one that is not serving a purpose for me any longer," and instead of just coming clean, like the mistress wanted him to, they literally eliminate them. That switch in their brain is interesting and terrifying.

she should have left all of it out there.
showing that you love someone deeply and are keen to get on with a life together isn't a crime.
but removing all traces of this leaves the door wide open to interpretation.
and for that she deserves all the rumours and gossip it has created.
it was at the hands of herself.

people who have nothing to hide.... hide nothing.

I agree, it really leaves it open to interpretation. I'm still a little amazed they weren't able to retrieve those messages... Or maybe once they got the confession, it wasn't that important any more?

Wow you really seem entangled and you seem to have done your homework, havent had time to check you but if you want to be the Devils Advocate, thats what makes all this sleuthing worth while!! Just wondering where you were when there was two sides not one total guilty Monster and a mistress who deleted all her data, and came forward after her employer outed the affair!!

To me all this shows disorganization and panic. I know it is popular on here to claim he was unintelligent but he wasn't. You don't graduate from a pretty intense technical school for mechanics, become a Ford Master Mechanic or gain the nickname of 'Rainman' from your oil field co-workers by being an idiot.

He made many mistakes that seem dumb on their own but I attribute many to being blunders made in a panic and some because he was unable to finish with his cover up. His plan was cut short when LE became involved early and he had to play the hand he was dealt which wasn't a very good one.
Meh... I think from the moment he started having sex with NK he wasn't thinking with his head.

....and none of that means the conversation was in any was notable or relevant to the murders. Small talk would be normal in my opinion based on their relationship.
Over 2000 pages of Discovery Documents Information is overwhelming to read at times , its remarkable
to read all discovery documents in a few days. The conversations between CW and NK can be
interpreted by each of us differently. We have no idea what CW and NK talked about before the murders, but each of us can give our opinions.

Having the opinion that lots of people on this site are not to here to discuss facts. I do not see people hurling insults, or basically gossiping.
JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members