GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #67

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As i posted a couple of days ago, for me the far more fascinating psychological aspect is just how this played out on the Monday/Tuesday

A man has just murdered his entire family, and now will lie to his secret girlfriend about it - fully in the expectation that he will be able to keep on with her.

That is the overlooked part of the case. He had to not just get away with it WRT the police, but also with respect to NK.

oh to have access to those messages/facetimes

Obviously she was suspicious early on.

Did he think she would be excited by it? or overlook it? or did he simply believe he could hoodwink her?

Was she in denial? Was she frightened? Excited?

I am sure all kinds of stuff was going on.

But I also tend to think at least on the Monday before the media storm erupted, there probably was not much reason for her to not to believe him - at least initially.
Good post. However there's not a doubt in my own mind that she knew Chris's wife was pregnant. No one as tech savvy and in control of a relationship such as NK would not FB her boyfriend's wife and family.

If we had access to her texts, calls, facetime with Chris after early a.m. Tuesday, I think we would see that she was not at all surprised to find out that SW was pregnant.

I am personally trying to put CW & NK out of my mind for this new year. It is quite a huge task because I WILL NOT forget SW and her precious children who were all annihilated senselessly by someone they loved and trusted. That alone makes all of us question how well we know the people closest to us, and I resent CW for that, in addition to everything else he has done against humanity.

At any rate, I have just a few closing thoughts on this terrible tragic case. These thoughts aren’t worth much, only an opportunity for me to put a cap on my own endless confusion about why this happened.

- I cannot bring myself to watch or read any more of the convicted killer’s drivel that only paints him more vividly as the narcisstically disordered damaged person that he is. I could not watch but a few minutes of the 20/20 episode outlining this case. I commend all of you who were able to comb through the documents and interview videos and report back to us here. I cannot do it. It makes me physically ill to give him any further airtime after all has been said and done. I am satisfied I know him for what he is. I do not need to see/hear anything further.

- I sort of understand the interest (some would say obsession) some of us have with NK. We are trying to understand something that defies understanding. Why did he chose to do this horrendous crime? NK is a reasonable but weak explananation. She certainly did not help the situation at all, and she lied about that. In many ways she is as stupid as CW was in thinking that she could live happily ever after with such a damaged individual. She has emerged from this tragic story as the Jezebel who contributed to the circumstances. She is certainly responsible for her own actions, whatever they were. But as far as I can tell, CW and CW alone wrapped his hands around his wife’s neck until she was dead, and held the children down as he smothered them. It was CW alone who took them to the god-forsaken location to dump their bodies. And it was CW alone who looked into tv cameras and (badly) pretended to care about where they were and wanting them to return. NK will no doubt suffer for her part in this awful story, but that is between her and her god and/or karma and whatever philosophy is in place in her life.

- The ONLY thing I am grateful for in this horrendous case is that it is OVER. IMHO the guilty party is receiving justice for the despicable acts he committed. We are not left wondering and searching for answers other than that which is unanswerable - why? And since pondering that required that I ponder this individual, I have to choose to put that final question to rest and banish him from my thoughts. He is where he is supposed to be. He can never harm his wife and children again, who are, in my faith-based opinion, in the arms of their Father, free from the evils that haunted them on this earth. May they rest in eternal peace. And may those who love SW and her precious children, somehow, someday, find peace as well.

Last edited:
Good post. However there's not a doubt in my own mind that she knew Chris's wife was pregnant. No one as tech savvy and in control of a relationship such as NK would not FB her boyfriend's wife and family.

If we had access to her texts, calls, facetime with Chris after early a.m. Tuesday, I think we would see that she was not at all surprised to find out that SW was pregnant.
Agreed! Nk knew Shanann was pregnant and NK had a pretty good grasp of the Watts family dynamic, from CW's perspective. And she WAS in control of the relationship! No doubt in my mind. I also believe the DA had more than enough to charge NK with obstruction and/or "accessory after". However, the DA got what he wanted; CW gone forever on all nine (9) counts, without a trial or drama!

I am personally trying to put CW & NK out of my mind for this new year. It is quite a huge task because I WILL NOT forget SW and her precious children who were all annihilated senselessly by someone they loved and trusted. That alone makes all of us question how well we know the people closest to us, and I resent CW for that, in addition to everything else he has done against humanity.

At any rate, I have just a few closing thoughts on this terrible tragic case. These thoughts aren’t worth much, only an opportunity for me to put a cap on my own endless confusion about why this happened.

- I cannot bring myself to watch or read any more of the convicted killer’s drivel that only paints him more vividly as the narcisstically disordered damaged person that he is. I could not watch but a few minutes of the 20/20 episode outlining this case. I commend all of you who were able to comb through the documents and interview videos and report back to us here. I cannot do it. It makes me physically ill to give him any further airtime after all has been said and done. I am satisfied I know him for what he is. I do not need to see/hear anything further.

- I sort of understand the interest (some would say obsession) some of us have with NK. We are trying to understand something that defies understanding. Why did he chose to do this horrendous crime? NK is a reasonable but weak explananation. She certainly did not help the situation at all, and she lied about that. In many ways she is as stupid as CW was in thinking that she could live happily ever after with such a damaged individual. She has emerged from this tragic story as the Jezebel who contributed to the circumstances. She is certainly responsible for her own actions, whatever they were. But as far as I can tell, CW and CW alone wrapped his hands around his wife’s neck until she was dead, and held the children down as he smothered them. It was CW alone who took them to the god-forsaken location to dump their bodies. And it was CW alone who looked into tv cameras and (badly) pretended to care about where they were and wanting them to return. NK will no doubt suffer for her part in this awful story, but that is between her and her god and/or karma and whatever philosophy is in place in her life.

- The ONLY thing I am grateful for in this horrendous case is that it is OVER. IMHO the guilty party is receiving justice for the despicable acts he committed. We are not left wondering and searching for answers other than that which is unanswerable - why? And since pondering that required that I ponder this individual, I have to choose to put that final question to rest and banish him from my thoughts. He is where he is supposed to be. He can never harm his wife and children again, who are, in my faith-based opinion, in the arms of their Father, free from the evils that haunted them on this earth. May they rest in eternal peace. And may those who love SW and her precious children, somehow, someday, find peace as well.

Very well said. Kudos.

But when did she begin to suspect Watts had murdered SW?

That is the really interesting question

Sometime Monday, IMO.

I don't think we ever heard completely about why CW's co worker returned to Cervi 319. Why was he so suspicious just about how CW was dressed? Who did he talk with regarding his suspicions?
Tuesday morning conversations at the office should have been interesting. By that time everyone knew the family was "missing", and some had suspicions it appears. IMO

Last edited:

Thank you so much for this post. You express exactly how I feel about it.

I agree - that is the really interesting question. I believe NK gave CW an ultimatum and she realized on Monday when she learned Shanann and the girls were "missing" that he took her demand that he separate from Shanann much further than she ever intended.

I imagine it was a rather sickening reckoning that she had to arrive at in terms of knowing that her married boyfriend that she had on a pedestal is not only a complete idiot but he is also a mass murderer psychopath. JMO, her actions from Monday on appear to me to be the actions of a woman who is desperately trying to minimize the relationship she had with CW and do as much damage control as possible.

I don't think she was complicit in the murders. I do think she pushed him hard on the separation. As for the timing of this? I'm thinking possibly when he returned home from NC and still had made no progress in the separation department.

JMO, I think NK was fueling her own ego with him because he was married to a beautiful woman. Sadly, there are women like NK out there who enjoy trying to knock the crown off another woman's head and they do it in a very stealth and ruthless manner because they could never compete with that woman in any other way.

Would NK have ended up marrying CW if things had gone her way? I seriously doubt it. CW murdered what made him look like a good prospect to women like NK. Outside of his beautiful family and the expensive house, he's a loser and this would have become very clear if he had divorced Shanann.

What's clear now is that he is not only a loser, he is also a mass murderer psychopath. JMO.

All JMO.

@CocoChanel Thank you for this post. I think I needed to read something like this that said exactly how I’m feeling and almost gave me permission to leave this behind. I like the statement “Shine like Shanann” that I saw someone put on their profile. I find myself saying that in my head here and there throughout my day, almost in her honor. Was she perfect? No-no one is. But yes, I do see that she was a person who did shine. And she clearly loved those two little girls. Such an awful awful story that won’t be forgotten by me. It will stick with me. The undisputed horror of how he “took care of his family” after they passed. Truly unreal. I have been sort of hanging on to the thread/case with hopes of figuring out “why” - a question that will never be answered. Even if he opens up and tells the world, it would most likely be just more lies. Stamping my “goodbye” to this case here too. As far as NK goes, I couldn’t even waste my time on her. She seems like a weak motive, at best. To me, this is about a father who killed three people that loved him the most. And we’ll never ever know why. #ShinelikeShannan

Agreed! Nk knew Shanann was pregnant and NK had a pretty good grasp of the Watts family dynamic, from CW's perspective. And she WAS in control of the relationship! No doubt in my mind. I also believe the DA had more than enough to charge NK with obstruction and/or "accessory after". However, the DA got what he wanted; CW gone forever on all nine (9) counts, without a trial or drama!

She did? How did she know that??

100% TRUTH!
I believe that is why we don't see the confession/interrogation of CW confessing about killing the children. My thoughts of the way it went down: Telling CW that NK is now an accessory after, obstruction of justice and will be serving lots of time in jail..... for his murders,....that he needs to come clean about the girls.......showing CW the evidence and all how it is pointing to NK getting years in prison as well....then he opens up/confesses about how murdered his children to "be" with his love, and confesses to "free" his love.
I am sure the interrogators did a fine job of getting the confession out of him....hence, why they left the confession of the murder of the children.....out of the discovery....they left the text messages of CW and NK out of discovery because it showed her being an accessory after, obstructing justice......all part of the plea deal...therefore, it couldn't be in the documents. Just my theory. :)

Last edited:
100% TRUTH!
I believe that is why we don't see the confession/interrogation of CW confessing about killing the children. My thoughts of the way it went down: Telling CW that NK is now an accessory after, obstruction of justice and will be serving lots of time in jail..... for his murders,....that he needs to come clean about the girls.......showing CW the evidence and all how it is pointing to NK getting years in prison as well....then he opens up/confesses about how murdered his children to "be" with his love, and confesses to "free" his love.
I am sure the interrogators did a fine job of getting the confession out of him....hence, why they left the confession of the murder of the children.....out of the discovery....they left the text messages of CW and NK out of discovery because it showed her being an accessory after, obstructing justice......all part of the plea deal...therefore, it couldn't be in the documents. Just my theory. :)
Agreed. Makes so much sense.

Sorry, but there is no way the DA had anything on NK for accessory to these murders and simply chose not to pursue them because he “got what he wanted” or because he “traded” the charge for CW’s confession to killing the children.

CW never confessed to killing the children, not until he pled guilty to their murders in front of us all. They had enough on him to know he did it, most glaringly the COD for the girls that didn’t match his story of how they died. They didn’t need to bargain with him, and they don’t operate that way.

DAs in general are extremely ethical people. The DA I saw in Weld County was exemplary. I have zero doubt in his strategy in this case, and am confident we don’t have a killer in NK walking the streets free of legal consequences.

Sorry, but there is no way the DA had anything on NK for accessory to these murders and simply chose not to pursue them because he “got what he wanted” or because he “traded” the charge for CW’s confession to killing the children.

CW never confessed to killing the children, not until he pled guilty to their murders in front of us all. They had enough on him to know he did it, most glaringly the COD for the girls that didn’t match his story of how they died. They didn’t need to bargain with him, and they don’t operate that way.

DAs in general are extremely ethical people. The DA I saw in Weld County was exemplary. I have zero doubt in his strategy in this case, and am confident we don’t have a killer in NK walking the streets free of legal consequences.
I don't believe anyone said NK was a killer!

DAs use all tools, assets, etc., available to them.

DAs' main goal is convictions and they pursue all avenues available to obtain convictions. That is one way they get re-elected!

I believe the ethics of DAs, in general, is questionable based on the number of innocent people convicted and guilty people set free. DA Roark was exemplary.

When the plea agreement was made, taking DP off the table, there was NO DP on the table. No decision had been made yet about seeking the DP, so why the rush by the defense? Something spurred them and CW forward.

As history has shown us, anything can happen during a trial, and does, and very few cases are really "open and shut", that is why so many cases, especially high profile cases go to trial. Again; why the rush to end things by the defense and CW?

IMHO, the DA recognized CW's weakness; the desperation to protect NK (see interrogation videos) and used it along with the autopsy results to pressure the defense, and it worked.

MOO BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member