GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #67

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, oh man. Where to begin?

The police stated they could not recover most of the deleted texts off her phone.

You don't get to obstruct justice for any excuses of a reason like, "I was afraid they'd see my nudies." That's not how the law works. So who's talking about immoral vs. law here????

Personally, I haven't seen any nude photos, and I don't want to see them. She gave her supposed motive for deleting the texts, but it was a lie. She coordinated with the man who just murdered his wife and kids that they should both hide evidence of their interactions and cover up the affair. "Psychologically speaking" this woman's narcissism was on full display in the police interviews. She showed absolutely no concern for the murder victims, she invented a narrative that if she knew his wife was pregnant she would have cut off the relationship immediately. Ask yourself why she invented that narrative. Her entire interview reeked of covering her own behind and portraying herself as somehow good in all this. (I encouraged him to repair his marriage, LOL).

No one is "accountable" for anyone else's acts. But it's possible to be an accomplice, and that deserves punishment too. Another possibility: It's possible to have been his motive for those actions because of the message she was constantly stressing: It has to be me and only me, I want firsts, I want to experience what you built with your wife and kids, etc. If she is the motive, then we have to investigate thoroughly to make sure she didn't commit a crime herself and that she never encouraged him to murder or get rid of his family somehow. Because you know, that's could be a criminal act too.

Why you think holding her accountable for everything she did, and making sure we get to the bottom of everything she said and did, is somehow absolving him, is something I won't sit here and ponder. It makes no sense. He is evil and he is being punished for his crimes. We want to make sure that if she did something illegal and evil that she is fully punished too. We value justice for the victims. No one needs to see her underpants.
x1000

Deleting text messages is a bad thing to do when there is a missing person investigation, but at that time that’s all it was - no crime had occurred.

It was obvious that something bad had occurred, ah, they were MISSING. Didn't take the car, meds, phone, purse. Even his co-worker (and her co-worker in the same office) went back to Cervi 319 because of a hunch he had about a crime having occurred.

This is a very weak stand to take...that deletion of texts by her and by CW was OK because "no crime had occurred". Wasn't she herself running to LE just after she told him to delete his texts?

Even SW's mother had gut knowledge that CW had done something to SW/kids with oil.

If she HAD NOT suspected any crime had occurred why would she have chosen that date to delete texts with CW.

Removing or deleting evidence is often considered obstruction of justice. And lying to LE.....

I am with you Poet!!! Thinking the same way.
Of course we don't know the evidence of the "deleted" texts and missing days of documents discoveries, but I would BET there is definetly incriminating evidence on some level of NK's knowledge of murder....not to mention the deleting of important records after the fact......Not sure the exten but I bet there was enough to press charges.
I would bet they put pressure on CW and said look, we have all this information on NK's phones, your phone, deleting evidence....if you don't tell us the truth Chris, NK is going to go to jail too and you can avoid that if you really tell us what happened to those girls............We can keep her out of jail, if you tell us what really happened to those girls... You don't NK going to jail for your actions Chris....She loves you....You don't want her to think you wouldn't save her by telling the truth........you don't want your last convos out there......we can make a deal with you Chris if you tell us the truth about how you killed your children........we know you had it hard the last few days alone taking care of your girls...we know you didn't plan for them to die.......but we know something happened and one them woke up.....Chris, we know you were stressed....NK knows how much you loved them and it wasn't meant to bae them.......I can only imagine the excellent WORK the detectives did....I wish we could see it......you get my point.....the investigators and DA work hand and hand and will SEEK JUSTICE as well as keep things out of documents for pleas. Plea being.......NK's deleted messages, nude pictures.... all NK's contradicting lies with her initial interviews.....
Whether it to be deleting texts, possible CW admitting to her of the murder in text then he and she deleting and her not reporting it (just theory of what might have been said in the deleted texts ) Would the DA and crime unit investigators use that information to have CW plea bargain???? Does the DA weigh his options of letting that be the plea because he knew that it would be a hard battle to win for a jury to have reasonable doubt? That is where my mind goes. I know many criminals who work charges off as well as seeing plea deals where less serious crimes are not prosecuted for a bigger agenda.
I don't think any of this happened. As far as I am aware, the DA/prosecution/LE had no further interviews with CW after his arrest. IF there was evidence that NK had committed a crime, there is NO doubt in my mind that the DA would have charged her with the said crime/offence.

Where is the evidence that they ever indicated such a thing? What date was it a typo for?
They published that date it in the discovery documents released to the public.
Confirmation that the date in discovery was a typo can be found here -
DEC 6, 2018
[UPDATED] Chris Watts girlfriend searched for Shanann Watts online nearly a year before the murders and long before her affair with Chris Watts began: Report
The records supervisor at the Frederick Police Department told CrimeOnline on Thursday that the entry in the discovery report showing that Nichol Kessinger performed a Google search for Shanann Watts on September 1, 2017 is a typo.

CrimeOnline reached records supervisor Amanda Purcell on Thursday after repeated inquiries made to multiple Colorado law enforcement agencies to confirm the accuracy of an entry in the Phone Data Review included in the discovery documents connected to the Chris Watts murder case, released by the Weld County District Attorney’s office late last month.

Asked if the entry in the Phone Data Review showing that Kessinger, who was involved in an affair with Chris Watts when he murdered his wife Shanann Watts and two young daughters, showing that Kessinger performed an internet search for “Shanann Watts” on her cell phone on September 1, 2017, was typographically correct, Purcell said it was a typo in the report.

Purcell was not able to provide additional clarification about another section of the phone data review that indicates Kessinger searched for Chris and/or Shanann Watts prior to beginning her relationship with Chris Watts in the spring of 2018, and referred our inquiry to the Weld County District Attorney’s office. CrimeOnline will provide further updates when more information is available.

Confirmation that the date in discovery was a typo can be found here -

And then the DA came out and said the records supervisor was incorrect.

The dates to which you are referring — in 2017 where it appears she Googled or otherwise searched Shannan — was data that came off her phone,” Rourke said.

“It’s not a typographical error in the report. [The detectives] are reporting what was contained in the data from her phone. I don’t know the answer to the question of why or how those dates ended up in her phone.”

‘This is not a witch hunt’: Chris Watts prosecutor cannot explain data from girlfriend’s phone showing Shanann Watts internet searches months before affair began

Don't get me wrong he is the monster that did all of this horrific evil, but after reading all that I did about the facts involved and the lives of everybody affected I can't help but think that there was other factors of temptation that contributed to this nightmare.
Such as what? Curious to hear your thoughts.

( O/T, some locations you guys will recognize re: yesterday's Amber Alert AMBER ALERT - CO - Samantha Herrera, 17, Sheridan, taken by Rodney Brown, 8 Jan 2019 *endangered*:

Just saw a huge electronic AA banner across I-25 northbound near Mead with the vehicle info as well as a huge color lighted electric banner sign with photos of both of them at I-25 and Hwy 52 right by the Watts house.

amber-alert.jpg

Amber Alert Issued For 17-Year-Old In Denver Area

—-

Amber Alert suspect had protection order preventing him from contacting teen

“Police said another vehicle, a 2017 blue Nissan Altima with Colorado license plate UOF 493, is also possibly connected to the incident, although it wasn't immediately clear how. That vehicle is registered to an address in Northglenn, police said.”
)

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Cindy has accepted what her son has done yet or will continue a life of hate and denial.
I doubt she’s accepted it. She still believes that SW killed the girls. Cindy just told the MRS host that Chris has loads of fans on fb who support him and believe his story. They also said he is very sad, asked for photos of Bella and Cece and of their gravesites. Also, Cindy said that Chris has become very religious, reads the Bible a lot and reads to the girls every night.

I doubt she’s accepted it. She still believes that SW killed the girls. Cindy just told the MRS host that Chris has loads of fans on fb who support him and believe his story. They also said he is very sad, asked for photos of Bella and Cece and of their gravesites. Also, Cindy said that Chris has become very religious, reads the Bible a lot and reads to the girls every night.
It's funny how those murdering all turn to religion once incarcerated for their crimes.
It doesn't matter what his family or fan club think, he is Guilty as charged.

BBM I wouldn't be surprised if most of that is not truth, either. It's like if the Watts family members lips are moving, they're spewing lies. IMO

Apples don't fall far from trees and all that.

I also don't believe (as I have read on this thread) the DA had enough evidence to charge NK of any chargeable crimes and chose not to. I can't imagine Shannan's parents and brother having to contemplate such a thing or being asked to agree to such a thing. I also can't imagine this DA withholding that justice for Shannan, Celeste and Bella.

Rest in Peace, you beautiful girls. :rose:

If true, sounds like he's finally letting his inner crazy shine through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23