GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm
As much as I hate to pay Scott Peterson a compliment, I'll say that I think Scott was/is smarter than CW. Not saying SP was smart, because he isn't/wasn't -- he got caught; but poor CW is just not smart at all. He probably can't even spell "pathetic," which is what I think he is, in addition to his other problems. I think his prison buds have probably already seen that one weakness of CW. They will certainly find more. I think CW is in for it at the jailhouse. Poor, poor, guy.

I agree with you. Scott was at the very least a better liar and better at hiding most of his emotions. IMO CW just radiated guilt. His facial expressions were a clear sign that he was hiding something. CW just seemed dumb as a rock. Now he can spend the rest of his miserable life just existing and not living a full life.

I hear a lot of people wanting to tear it down. Probably won't happen.

I don't know how anyone could peacefully actually live in that house. I wouldn't even want to live in that same neighborhood. To me I wouldn't have a problem living in a home where someone passed away but I couldn't live in a home if someone had been murdered in it. Although someone lives in Scott & Laci Peterson's previous home and someone lives in Darlie Routier's previous home so I guess it doens't bother some people.

I'd totally expect it to be filled with lies but perhaps some things can be gleaned from it that would be useful for the family such as times of death. No matter who he wants to lay the blame on, he could at least solidify whether it was Aug 12 or 13 etc. for the babies.
He plead guilty. He didn't lay the blame on anyone else after the autopsy proved he was lying about the method that SW supposedly killed them. Why do you think he began trying for a plea deal shortly after the autopsies were released? What difference would it make whether he murdered them Sunday night or Monday morning? Hearing more tales from him after his confessions...how would that serve the children? As someone else pointed out before, here, a very weak person's last defense is to conceal himself deep inside an enigma.

Last edited:
I don't think I will ever be able to "move on" from this case. I think about it everyday and ask myself why CW killed his entire family and all I can come up with is one thing. SEX He didn't want anyone in his family any longer because he wanted SEX with his mistress. In his sick twisted mind I suppose the only way he would be able to achieve that was to eliminate his current family. IMO

Yep -- no child support, no in-laws, no possible alimony, no splitting the house and other assets -- all his -- erase the blackboard -- a fresh start with a verrrrrry sexy woman. I hope those few "free" hours he had were worth it!

I don't know how anyone could peacefully actually live in that house. I wouldn't even want to live in that same neighborhood. To me I wouldn't have a problem living in a home where someone passed away but I couldn't live in a home if someone had been murdered in it. Although someone lives in Scott & Laci Peterson's previous home and someone lives in Darlie Routier's previous home so I guess it doens't bother some people.

It could be that future buyers would not know what happened there -- some states apparently require that such details be shared with potential buyers, some do not. If not disclosed, it could be the new buyers (whenever and if it happens) won't find out until after they bought and moved into it. Dunno. It's a nice house, still "new-ish" in some ways, and probably was kept clean and all things in working order. SMH.
And the neighbors in that area -- it's got to be a big <shiver> for all of them.

This is a very tuff case to follow. Very tuff. So much loss. And the absolute worst of that little family is still walking and talking and breathing our air.

I don't know if I'm allowed to link the You Tube channel, but the footage of Shanann arriving home for the last time has been posted.

I just watched it. Broke my heart!!!!

I wonder if he turned the camera off or if it recorded him taking the bodies to the truck. It looks like it would be a very clear view of when he did. The DA and Frankie both said they saw him take them iut like trash. So i’m wond If they saw the footage from the doorbell cam.

I hope this isn't against WS TOS but recently I read that NK would speak with CW on a weekly basis before the murder. I've searched for this but I know there are some brilliant sleuthers that may know if this is indeed fact or fiction,
NK/CW were speaking on a daily basis -- multiple times per day! It's all in discovery....

I just watched it. Broke my heart!!!!

I wonder if he turned the camera off or if it recorded him taking the bodies to the truck. It looks like it would be a very clear view of when he did. The DA and Frankie both said they saw him take them iut like trash. So i’m wond If they saw the footage from the doorbell cam.

Surely he thought to kill that camera?

He had a whole night at home alone to delete it

I am perplexed as to where the Ring footage of her arriving home came from. I came here to see if anyone had answers.

This case is hard to let go of and comprehend that those two, happy little girls, their unborn brother, and mother are all gone. There seems to be a lot of YouTubers who want to exploit this tragedy for views, which to me only further hurts the family.

I keep hoping that a legitimate true crime author will write a book about this case. I'd like to read some analysis by professionals.

I was checking the news on CNN and saw the story about Kelsey Barreth, in Colorado. It brought me back (ugh!) To the Watts case and NK's involvement. In the Barreth case, the hysband has been charged with the brutal murder of Kelsey and it appears the woman he was having an affair with, Krystal Lee Kenney, helped him clean up the crime scene and dispose of the body. So, was NK perhaps more involved in the Watts murders, than we know?

We do know;

1. CW begged investigators to leave NK alone.

2. NK deleted a large amount of information from her phone.

3. CW sent NK a photo of wild flowers the morning of the 13th (weird). And later told her; my family is gone! ( a message?)

4. CW ostensibly pled guilty to avoid the death penalty BUT, the death penalty wasn't even on the table yet! DA Roarke said, more than once, that he wouldn't make a decision on the death penalty until AFTER the arraignment!

I was pleased, albeit surprised, by CW's rush to plead guilty, to all charges. No charges were even challenged! Why wouldn't CW and his attorneys at least wait until after the arraignment, and the death penalty being announced, before they capitulated?

While I do believe CW committed the murders alone, I've come to believe that NK enabled him in many ways. I believe she offered him sympathy while bashing Shanann. I believe she made him believe he did all the important things, and could do more, but was held back by Shanann. Or some variation. I believe she told him, that if he didn't have a family, he and NK could have the perfect life. Or some variation. Did she suggest a solution, maybe obliquely? I believe she deleted as much as she did/could to hide her complicity and enabling of CW! Innocent people don't have to have or delete things! And, I don't believe, it was just embarrassment!

Finally, I believe DA Roark told CW he would forego prosecuting NK in return for the guilty pleas and CW accepted. And, now he sees himself as a "knight in shining armor" protecting his "lady fair" (ugh!) DA Roark wanted to wrap CW up quickly, on all charges, and wanted to protect the Rzuceks. He did his job very well and was successful

How complicit was NK? How much did she know? Did she suggest the murders? I considered NK merely a liar and manipulator and then had stopped thinking about it, until I read about the Barreth case. I had forgotten how "bad people" can, and will, enable each other. Now, my mind is engaged again wondering about what really happened with CW and NK!

What a mess and a tragedy!

BBM IMHO

Last edited:
This is exactly why I am here. I married a CW and I've been waiting for him to show up in the middle of the night to strangle the life out of me ever since the day I left him. It is pure luck that the tried to destroy me through the courts first, but that hasn't worked so ...here I am, dissecting the hell out of dear SW's situation to try to find the clue that could save my own life.

How horrifying for you sweetie... Stay safe Xx

I often think of the dignified manner in which Shannan’s family conducted themselves and none more so than at the sentencing of CW. May they find some degree of peace in the years to come.

At the conclusion of his statement, Frank Rzucek, the father of Shanann Watts, said he had a message for Chris Watts, who sat silently behind him in an orange jumpsuit in court.
Without turning, he read his last sentence: “Shanann says she’s super excited for justice today.”
Shanann's family speaks at Watts sentencing

BBM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members