GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do know;

1. CW begged investigators to leave NK alone.

2. NK deleted a large amount of information from her phone.

3. CW sent NK a photo of wild flowers the morning of the 13th (weird). And later told her; my family is gone! ( a message?)

4. CW ostensibly pled guilty to avoid the death penalty BUT, the death penalty wasn't even on the table yet! DA Roarke said, more than once, that he wouldn't make a decision on the death penalty until AFTER the arraignment!

I was pleased, albeit surprised, by CW's rush to plead guilty, to all charges. No charges were even challenged! Why wouldn't CW and his attorneys at least wait until after the arraignment, and the death penalty being announced, before they capitulated?

While I do believe CW committed the murders alone, I've come to believe that NK enabled him in many ways. I believe she offered him sympathy while bashing Shanann. I believe she made him believe he did all the important things, and could do more, but was held back by Shanann. Or some variation. I believe she told him, that if he didn't have a family, he and NK could have the perfect life. Or some variation. Did she suggest a solution, maybe obliquely? I believe she deleted as much as she did/could to hide her complicity and enabling of CW! Innocent people don't have to have or delete things! And, I don't believe, it was just embarrassment!

Finally, I believe DA Roark told CW he would forego prosecuting NK in return for the guilty pleas and CW accepted. And, now he sees himself as a "knight in shining armor" protecting his "lady fair" (ugh!) DA Roark wanted to wrap CW up quickly, on all charges, and wanted to protect the Rzuceks. He did his job very well and was successful

How complicit was NK? How much did she know? Did she suggest the murders? I considered NK merely a liar and manipulator and then had stopped thinking about it, until I read about the Barreth case. I had forgotten how "bad people" can, and will, enable each other. Now, my mind is engaged again wondering about what really happened with CW and NK!

What a mess and a tragedy!

BBM IMHO
I tend to think that at the hot stage their sexual relationship was in, CW being so pussy whipped by NK, that a possible (probable, IMO) threat like an ultimatum from her to him took on phenomenal proportions in his mind. An offhand but pointed remark from her, hey, what's with the divorce.....or a more ominous one (hey I'm out of here unless you leave her this weekend, and I'm tired of playing second fiddle to Shan'ann's kids, if not for HER KIDS we'd be in bed together the whole night)...anyway, I am sticking with what I thought months ago, an ultimatum from her instigated the murders, but that he was physically responsible. She wanted her own firsts, first marriage, first kids. In his fever, he blamed SW, which preserved his adoration of NK, which persisted through the plea bargains, but might not, lol, persist through her first, future, publicized romance. Too late.
After all the discussions we've had, I think he murdered her first, that Bella woke up and saw it all, and he murdered her then Cece. One thing he said in the interrogations rings true, that it was just "minutes" from his murder of Shan'ann to when he carted the bodies out to the truck. He was in body heat overdrive by that time, IMO, thinking that finally he had NK without obstacles, all he had to do was get rid of the whole shebang ASAP.

Finally, I believe DA Roark told CW he would forego prosecuting NK in return for the guilty pleas and CW accepted. And, now he sees himself as a "knight in shining armor" protecting his "lady fair" (ugh!) DA Roark wanted to wrap CW up quickly, on all charges, and wanted to protect the Rzuceks. He did his job very well and was successful
Now, my mind is engaged again wondering about what really happened with CW and NK!
One more thing, I have re-watched portions of the interrogations and other sources (yeah, I know, sick), but after seeing them months later, what sticks out to me is the degree to which he presented his "separation" as a done, agreed-to deal. From what I remember, the original quest for a new house was a mutually agreed to decision to downsize, to a smaller house in the same neighborhood for the BOTH OF THEM TOGETHER. Didn't the realtor tell CW on Monday morning that he could swing by to look at a new, downsized house? CW presented to LE, repeatedly that the new, smaller house was to be for her, while he was to get an apartment. Over and over he appeared to have convinced himself that the separation had been agreed to by both, that it was in the works, that no problem, etc.
When, as far as I can see, SW was dealing with coldness from him from the 6th week of her family stay through when he murdered her, but I haven't seen any conversation or indication from her texts with friends or with him that she had agreed to a separation or that it had actually been proposed to her. IIRC, just before he murdered her he had agreed to counseling.
The DA said that they had a partial motive for the murders, (which I understood to be the affair) but I think he had already left her, sold the house, in his own mind. I think the preserving affair was 100% the motive.

Last edited:
I am fully convinced based on that ring doorbell camera clip of SW coming home that there is or was a video that clear of him removing the bodies. You can see pretty much exactly where he would have been walking back and forth to the truck and the video begins with her activity on the driveway so it would thusly have began with his activity on the driveway that fateful night. I got the impression early on from SW's family that they saw him carry them out on a very clear video - I think we all did. We all thought it was an indisputable video and were shocked when we saw the quality of the neighbor's video. A vid like this from the ring doorbell would have been indisputable.

And man, seeing her cute little pregnancy belly...CW is beyond scum.

If you look at the videos I am not sure we would see his truck/him from the ring doorbell. There is a smaller garage door - closest to the front door. It is my understanding he backed up his truck in the garage where Shananns car was. At first I thought there must be video but after rewatching the videos I think he would be blocked as he was closer to the neighbors house.

I bet even if he did delete it from his computer or phone etc- i bet the videos are kept for a certain amount of time on a server. Didn’t they get a warrant for it? For vivant and ring doorbell?
Yes, they did. In October, LE received the video footage of Shanann walking to the front door.

PDF pg 1794, Discovery pg 1979
"Upon reviewing the (Watts) Vivint home security data I obtained by a legal warrant, I observed, via a doorbell camera recording, Shanann walk from the street to her front door at 0148 hours on 08/13/18. Shanann was carrying her suitcase in one hand and her phone in the other and walked steadily the entire time. Based on my training and experience, Shanann did not appear to be intoxicated which would have been apparent based on her minimal drinking history. The Vivint security system also reported a “living room” motion sensor activation when she entered the house but no other activations were recorded until later that morning."

MOO

Seems unlikely there is any secret footage then
I think there is. However, for the same reasons the autopsy photos and the photos/videos of Bella and CeCe being removed from the oil tanks were not released, neither should this video be shared. There is no reason for these things to be released to the public. This family has suffered enough.
MOO

I think there is. However, for the same reasons the autopsy photos and the photos/videos of Bella and CeCe being removed from the oil tanks were not released, neither should this video be shared. There is no reason for these things to be released to the public. This family has suffered enough.
MOO

Couldn't agree more, Pommy!

I don't think I will ever be able to "move on" from this case. I think about it everyday and ask myself why CW killed his entire family and all I can come up with is one thing. SEX He didn't want anyone in his family any longer because he wanted SEX with his mistress. In his sick twisted mind I suppose the only way he would be able to achieve that was to eliminate his current family. IMO
I feel the same way about this case.
It wasn't about not wanting to pay child support or a case of .."I don't want another man raising my girls or being with Shanann". I believe it was as simple and twisted as he didn't want to be bothered any longer. He didn't want the girls to mess up his "weekends" w/NK , having to deal with Shanann and visitations for years to come. He wanted the slate clean so he could "be himself". Selfish and sick .

Would anyone recall if Shannon's iPhone had access to the baby monitor?

The recently released video is showing Shannon walking to the front door, she's holding a bag and iPhone in her left hand and the suitcase in right hand. The security doorbell is loud as Shannon is punching in the code for the security doorbell. I'm wondering if CW was in the front room waiting for her.

If Shannon had access to the baby monitor from her phone, she would have jumped at the chance to watch and listen to the girls sleeping. She missed the girls so much. She would have notice something off with no sound or movement from the baby monitors.
I thinking no access from her iPhone to the baby monitor.

MOO

It would be referenced in the discovery even if the video was held back.

So I completely agree it would be held back, but I think its existence would be referred to in discovery? Surely such key evidence?

I remember reading that CW could place the security into passive mode or even turn them off. I think he would have turned the door camera off.

Last edited:
MOO

But wouldn't that information have been listed in the court documents?

Does anyone know if CW has been moved again? I am not finding him in Wisconsin..
This is the most recent article (2/15/19) I can find that mentions CW at Waupun. A presidential assassin, a 'Psycho' and more: 6 infamous inmates held in Waupun

However, I don't believe the general public is able to access the details of his incarceration. Someone explained this to me a while back when I was alarmed that I couldn't find him but I don't remember the particulars.

MOO

It would be referenced in the discovery even if the video was held back.

So I completely agree it would be held back, but I think its existence would be referred to in discovery? Surely such key evidence?

I remember reading that CW could place the security into passive mode or even turn them off. I think he would have turned the door camera off.
The return of the search warrant for the Vivint system is in the discovery. I don't have time to look but IIRC, somewhere in the page 1600-1700 range. I don't think it specifically mentions footage of CW loading the bodies into his truck, though.

I agree that he could have turned the door camera off. Someone is saying however, that the family was shown video of PF loading his truck. Perhaps anyone interested could track down the source of that information.

MOO

Last edited:
The return of the search warrant for the Vivint system is in the discovery. I don't have time to look but IIRC, somewhere in the page 1600-1700 range. I don't think it specifically mentions footage of CW loading the bodies into his truck, though.

I agree that he could have turned the door camera off. Someone is saying however, that the family was shown this video. Perhaps anyone interested could track down the source of that information.

MOO

Agreed - that's why i suspect that video doesn't exist

This is the most recent article (2/15/19) I can find that mentions CW at Waupun. A presidential assassin, a 'Psycho' and more: 6 infamous inmates held in Waupun

However, I don't believe the general public is able to access the details of his incarceration. Someone explained this to me a while back when I was alarmed that I couldn't find him but I don't remember the particulars.

MOO
Hmmmm - I am surprised. You can find so many infamous criminals on those DOC sites.... why does he merit secrecy I wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV