GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #68

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is defiantly crazy barely 6 months since the murders and possibly the actual truth will be coming out.
I really wish they would play videos of SW, BW and CW in his jail cell all day. Ok no I don't because they were beautiful and he doesn't deserve to see them daily.

This is quite an interesting turn of events. I pretty much agree with what everyone else has been saying. If it was a CW led confession, I'm not sure they tell the public what he said - though they'd probably tell the family if they believe him. I def think something else is afoot.

As a side note: One thing that still pisses me off something terrible is CWs family using language that distances them from the children. Saying "those girls" is like triggery. They are YOUR grandchildren !! Why don't they ever refer to them as "my grandbabies" ????

Okay, I've given it a lot of thought and I'd like to make some points and ask some questions.

In my experience. when multiple agencies get together it's usually something important and everyone wants a share of the credit. Here we have LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL! Why the FBI? He was not convicted of a Federal crime and he is not in a federal prison. Why the FBI? There was no kidnapping. Why the FBI? If CW is merely giving details of his crimes, why the FBI?

I believe someone. probably a guard, tipped the media off to the interview on the 18th. The media wanted info and were told; no! So, they filed a FOIA request to get the info released. It is being released on March 07th, and it has been stated the release is because of a FOIA request. How did someone know to file a FOIA request? If this is just CW clarifying and explaining things, why the secrecy?

DA Roark has said he didn't care what CW had to say, because he's a liar and can't be believed. What has changed?

Remember when the hearing date was changed and we all speculated as to what was up? It raised a lot of of questions and then . . . . .BAM! . . the plea deal was announced, with guilty on all nine counts! Is this something similar?

I've asked this question before. CW and Shanann moved to Colorado pretty quickly. She even sold her house with some furnishings inside. Did CW commit a crime in NC?

This may not be anything more than it appears to be; CW coming clean, but there are sure some interesting questions!

Could he be implicating NK? And LE is taking the time to verify whatever he said before announcing anything to the public?
IDK.

Curious development.

jmo
I would assume that would then initiate a re-opening of the investigation - and they would NOT be releasing it so soon as charges could be pending further investigation, etc. I do not believe anyone else will be implicated. I think this is his version of a full confession. At least I hope so! MOO

Okay, I've given it a lot of thought and I'd like to make some points and ask some questions.

In my experience. when multiple agencies get together it's usually something important and everyone wants a share of the credit. Here we have LOCAL, STATE AND FEDERAL! Why the FBI? He was not convicted of a Federal crime and he is not in a federal prison. Why the FBI? There was no kidnapping. Why the FBI? If CW is merely giving details of his crimes, why the FBI?

I believe someone. probably a guard, tipped the media off to the interview on the 18th. The media wanted info and were told; no! So, they filed a FOIA request to get the info released. It is being released on March 07th, and it has been stated the release is because of a FOIA request. How did someone know to file a FOIA request? If this is just CW clarifying and explaining things, why the secrecy?

DA Roark has said he didn't care what CW had to say, because he's a liar and can't be believed. What has changed?

Remember when the hearing date was changed and we all speculated as to what was up? It raised a lot of of questions and then . . . . .BAM! . . the plea deal was announced, with guilty on all nine counts! Is this something similar?

I've asked this question before. CW and Shanann moved to Colorado pretty quickly. She even sold her house with some furnishings inside. Did CW commit a crime in NC?

This may not be anything more than it appears to be; CW coming clean, but there are sure some interesting questions!
Good points, good questions.

If this were just CW telling why he killed, well, does LE care at this point? The man is convicted; the case is over.

Is CW revealing something that could overturn his conviction? And/or to implicate someone else? And/or admit or accuse someone of additional crimes?

If not any of those topics, well, who cares was CW has to say? Yet, LE seems to care.

jmo

I don't see how any other potential crimes worth investigating are being uncovered here as those would be pending investigations and not subject to such immediate release to the public. They would need to be kept secret for the time being as further investigation was done. The people brought in for this interview are the ones who worked most closely with CW before - with the CBI and FBI agents having been the ones who established a rapport with him for the first confession and arrest. I am sure this is still their case. MOO

I don't see how any other potential crimes worth investigating are being uncovered here as those would be pending investigations and not subject to such immediate release to the public. They would need to be kept secret for the time being as further investigation was done. The people brought in for this interview are the ones who worked most closely with CW before - with the CBI and FBI agents having been the ones who established a rapport with him for the first confession and arrest. I am sure this is still their case. MOO
Yes, still their case, but he's not really giving a confession. He more or less, did that already. Now he's giving details, the how and why. So, why the secrecy? Why did it take an FOIA request to get the release on March 7th? And why the FBI? They were out of the case once it was determined there was no kidnapping!

I have no idea if this is a similar situation, but the law enforcement follow up with CW reminded me of something I had read in a book about the Lululemon murder in an upscale area of Bethesda, Maryland. It was a horrific murder where a sales associate had murdered her manager (over 331 separate, individual wounds) after the manager discovered the associate had stolen a pair of $98 yoga pants. The associate (Brittany) proceeded to (pathetically) stage the scene, give herself a few superficial scratches, and blame the attack on two mysterious masked men dressed in black who slipped into the store after closing. Well obviously that was all a lie and she was convicted of murder and given a life sentence.

Anyways. There is a very good book on the case, The Yoga Store Murder: The Shocking True Account of the Lululemon Athletica Killing by Dan Morse. The way the detectives questioned the murderer reminded me so much of the CW investigation. The detectives/LE became very invested in this case. It was such a brutal, senseless, horrific murder over such a small issue. And then this girl told so many lies in her attempt at a cover up. A lot of the book is devoted to what makes someone who seemingly had a pretty normal life with so many opportunities commit such an inhumane crime and lie so easily. ("Is my friend okay?") The book references research on sociopaths.

Also in the book, one of the detective stated that he rarely interviews suspects anymore, but before he retires he hopes to get one last chance - with this girl. But he remained pessimistic about what the interview will bring, even if he manages to see her. "Can anybody really figure out someone like Brittany?" he said.

One of the other detectives in that case also planned to pay Brittany a call in prison. He planned to wait a few years - until she had exhausted her legal appeals, until she felt like she had nothing to lose by being candid with him. "I think her mind has to get used to the fact that she's not getting out," the detective said.
(Her case was different in that she took her chances at trial and was convicted and given a life sentence without the possibility of parole. All of her subsequent appeals have been denied.) As far as I know, nothing further has ever come out on the "why," at least not publicly.

Anyways, I don't want to get off topic by bringing up another case, but I only mention because until I read that, I had no idea that detectives and law enforcement might stay interested in a case and go visit a convicted criminal to try to find out the "why" even though legally it does not matter anymore. So I wonder if it's something similar with CW - is it just personal interest? Since he doesn't have any chance at an appeal, did they just make an attempt now because there was nothing to lose?

I'm wondering if he told LE that his mistress helped him with the murders? That might be the reason they won't release what he said until March 7th so they have time to get his mistress in custody....
He could have said alot in those 5 hours. He could have said a demon inside him told him to murder them or his mistress actually murdered them and he decided to take the blame for her. I'm willing to bet he is going to try and place blame on someone making him murder them. Maybe he said some witch involved with black magic put a spell on him to kill his family.....maybe a dog told him to kill them or even santa. No telling who or what he said but I just don't think I see him taking all of the blame because he won't want his father to see him as a real life devil. His father still doesn't believe his son killed the girls....he thinks it was SW. His father is just in denial.

What I think happened the night SW came home was this: CW had already murdered the girls and was just waiting to kill SW. I think when SW came home she was dead within minutes of walking in the house. I don't even think she got to see her girls that one last time. I think that girls were killed first before SW came home. I don't even think SW knew her girls were even killed. She wouldn't have known if she didn't see them when she walked into the house and she was killed by CW's hands. I would like to think SW didn't know they were dead when he was killing her.

Also I don't know how he would have been able to kill the 3 of them at one time. Wouldn't that take a huge amount of rage and calculation especially if he killed the girls when SW was in the house.

Something even with the way he disposed of the bodies as well. He place SW away from the kids and didn't even keep them all together but both kids were placed in tanks just not together.

What completely blows my mind is that CW seriously thought he would get away with killing his entire family and him and his mistress would live happily ever after. CW has to be one of the dumbest men ever.

I have no idea if this is a similar situation, but the law enforcement follow up with CW reminded me of something I had read in a book about the Lululemon murder in an upscale area of Bethesda, Maryland. It was a horrific murder where a sales associate had murdered her manager (over 331 separate, individual wounds) after the manager discovered the associate had stolen a pair of $98 yoga pants. The associate (Brittany) proceeded to (pathetically) stage the scene, give herself a few superficial scratches, and blame the attack on two mysterious masked men dressed in black who slipped into the store after closing. Well obviously that was all a lie and she was convicted of murder and given a life sentence.

Anyways. There is a very good book on the case, The Yoga Store Murder: The Shocking True Account of the Lululemon Athletica Killing by Dan Morse. The way the detectives questioned the murderer reminded me so much of the CW investigation. The detectives/LE became very invested in this case. It was such a brutal, senseless, horrific murder over such a small issue. And then this girl told so many lies in her attempt at a cover up. A lot of the book is devoted to what makes someone who seemingly had a pretty normal life with so many opportunities commit such an inhumane crime and lie so easily. ("Is my friend okay?") The book references research on sociopaths.

Also in the book, one of the detective stated that he rarely interviews suspects anymore, but before he retires he hopes to get one last chance - with this girl. But he remained pessimistic about what the interview will bring, even if he manages to see her. "Can anybody really figure out someone like Brittany?" he said.

One of the other detectives in that case also planned to pay Brittany a call in prison. He planned to wait a few years - until she had exhausted her legal appeals, until she felt like she had nothing to lose by being candid with him. "I think her mind has to get used to the fact that she's not getting out," the detective said.
(Her case was different in that she took her chances at trial and was convicted and given a life sentence without the possibility of parole. All of her subsequent appeals have been denied.) As far as I know, nothing further has ever come out on the "why," at least not publicly.

Anyways, I don't want to get off topic by bringing up another case, but I only mention because until I read that, I had no idea that detectives and law enforcement might stay interested in a case and go visit a convicted criminal to try to find out the "why" even though legally it does not matter anymore. So I wonder if it's something similar with CW - is it just personal interest? Since he doesn't have any chance at an appeal, did they just make an attempt now because there was nothing to lose?
At this moment I am leaning towards his calling them in, to clear it all up as a result of religious impetus. If he does have internet access, he'd have to be one cold hard being to read his bible all day yet ignore what they are doing to SW and the kids on FB and YouTube.

This murder has so many hallmarks of a murder of Allison Baden-Clay, an Australian mother of 3 girls whose husband wanted to start afresh with his lover. His parents knew about the affair because they worked in the same family business.
When the police arrived that morning the house smelled of bleach, was too spotless and his family was there cleaning the crime scene. They were never charged with accessory.

Gerard’s Baden-Clay’s family took the stand and spewed vile on the deceased and IMO if Cindy had this chance she would’ve done the same to Shan’ann.
Both of these murderers’ families are tarred with the same filthy brush.

Murder of Allison Baden-Clay - Wikipedia
I'd be interested in understanding LE process in investigations of individuals suspected of murder in Australia.

Allison Baden-Clay murder by the hands of her husband, Gerard Baden-Clay's. His parents cleaned up the
murder scene and LE didn't press charges with tampering with evidence. Was there have enough evidence
against the parents?

It's sad that Cindy never open her eyes and realized her son is a monster. This women stands facing the judge
she's reading her statement turns arounds to Chris and says "I forgive you". She should've asked forgiveness
to Shannon's family.

I'm reading a great book about Australian's history
" Commonwealth of Thieves" The Improbable Birth of Australia, written by Thomas Keneally

Last edited:
At this moment I am leaning towards his calling them in, to clear it all up as a result of religious impetus. If he does have internet access, he'd have to be one cold hard being to read his bible all day yet ignore what they are doing to SW and the kids on FB and YouTube.
That’s exactly what I think happened.

Everyone is interested in what he has to say, especially the original investigators on this case.

The FBI will take a special interest, as it’s very rare that a family annihilator comes clean, to any extent.

Agents in the Behavioral Science Unit in particular, will be very interested in what he has to say.

The discovery document put to rest suspicion that NK was involved, and CW saying anything to the contrary, wouldn’t turn this case on its head.

This will disappoint some people, but hating someone doesn’t mean that they are involved.

This is about him, and what happened.

Hopefully it’s the truth.

I'm really surprised CW's talking already.
Encouraging to see it was the original investigators from Colorado who interviewed him in Wisconsin. Tammy et al know how to read him, cajole him and separate his lies from the truth better than anyone. Hopefully we can treat his new information as credible.
I also hope we finally find out on March 7 whether the children were already dead when Shanann arrived home. That is one detail I'm sure the investigators were intent on getting out of him.

I'm really surprised CW's talking already.
Encouraging to see it was the original investigators from Colorado who interviewed him in Wisconsin. Tammy et al know how to read him, cajole him and separate his lies from the truth better than anyone. Hopefully we can treat his new information as credible.
I also hope we finally find out on March 7 whether the children were already dead when Shanann arrived home. That is one detail I'm sure the investigators were intent on getting out of him.
Absolutely.

These people were the initial investigators who broke him, and if they are ultimately sold on the veracity of what he told them, then I’ll probably be inclined to lean that way myself.

I do think that Shanann was killed first, and the kids killed second, but if he claims otherwise, then I’ll absolutely believe him.

That would be so much worse.

Interesting. So it's CODER = FBI Tammy = CBI and Baumhover = Frederick police? Did he request those exact people? They are the ones he interacted with the most that week of the murders.

I was a big critic of how "kindly" FBI/CBI treated him during the interrogations, but maybe that paid off in the long run and he trusts them (?)
Tammy used the Reid Technique gaining CW's trust in his last interrogation, would this technique work in prison.
He's possible needing to provide addition information, hoping to release some demons he's been carrying around
in prison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member