Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was with my ex husband for 18 years. From 13 to 31.
We had life long friends whom we would be around daily and he was so good no one knew that there would be days he'd spend beating me all day. He was also smart enough that if he hit me it wouldn't be my face but where my hair is. He'd throw me down and kick me then drag me back up just to do it again. He'd hit me in the side of the head over and over and until he'd knock me out.
So many other horrible things he did to me, I escaped in 2011 never to look back.
To this day their are still people whom don't believe his violence. Needless to say I have lost life long friends but I don't care my kids and I are now safe.
Prayers to Shanann, Bella and Cece and all the loved one's left here to grieve them.

Yes, that was my only hope they were still alive because I couldn't (and still can't) understand why he admitted this.

I'm going with a slip up. Investigators could have zeroed in on it and flat out confronted him.

Asked for details of this "emotional conversation" things could have fallen apart quickly because God only knows what they said to each other (though, if the theory is right about the poor babies, it's easy to imagine she came home and asked the obvious; Where they were).

Just conjure but, imo, it's easy to imagine that just fell out of his mouth without thought.

Perhaps the only truthful thing he said.

I did some further digging into the arrest records the Daily Mail referenced. The arrest records in NC for Shannon Watts that were publically available without going through FOIA was someone with the same legal name but the date of birth was off by six years, so not this Shannon. There were some records for a Chris Watts but without a DOB for him it could be anyone.

In one article I read today it said Chris only had traffic offenses, and no violent criminal offenses. I would post a link, but I have read too many articles on this case today.

I also read they allegedly declared chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2015, and had been recently sued by their homeowners association and were due in court later this month. I wonder if financial troubles were the impetus for this senseless crime.

Chris Watts: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Shanann Watts’ brother, FR, wrote on Facebook on Wednesday, “That piece of **** may he rot in hell. He killed (my) pregnant sister and my two nieces. Her husband Chris watts admitted to murdering my family. … We just found out she was pregnant with a baby boy and his name was going to be Nico.”

He added, “I just want to know why. My precious family. Bella, Celeste and her just found out unborn son Niko. I just want 30 seconds alone with that heartless psychopath. May Satan have mercy on his soul. The cops drug their feet. He was the only one with them and backed his truck into the garage. Doesn’t take a genius to know who was suspect. My blood is boiling and the pain and anger and sadness I have in my heart. Nothing absolutely nothing would get in my way of taking away his life like he did mine and my ENTIRE FAMILY.”
I fully agree with her Brother.
My heart goes out to her loved ones.
I knew right away the Lowlife killed all of them.
No way a Mama will leave everything behind. Especially her children.
If only her Brother can get those five minutes alone with him.

Yes, that was my only hope they were still alive because I couldn't (and still can't) understand why he admitted this.

It could be that the reality of what he had done was sinking in. Yesterday regarding another case a detective said that perps who confess have at least a small amount of empathy and remorse and detectives have to play to that to get a confession. He described using (perceived) empathy toward the alleged perp- " We know you're not telling us everything. We know she had been gone with your kids for 6 weeks and then came back to quickly go on a work trip. You were left to care for the kids alone. She wasn't putting you first and disrespecting you. You got angry and made a very bad mistake. We want to help but need to know what happened."

My guess is he may have had some interrogation like that right away and hadn't fully broke yet but was starting to and that statement to media was proof of that. MOO.

Last edited:
Something keeps lingering in my head as this seems to be slowly coming together.

His words:
" It wasn't an argument it was an emotional conversation. I'll leave it at that."

So he has confessed. He was lying.

Why on earth would you plant the seed in investigators minds that you had some kind of disagreement with your family who is dead at your hands.

He could have said he woke up, she was sleeping, he went to work, period.

What was he playing at here? Did he slip up because they obviously did fight?

Or was he trying to throw out the idea that she was emotionally upset and ran off with the girls? It seems like a major slip up to me, not thought out, jmo.

I just don't get it but thank God I'm not a killer so why would I. Any thoughts?
If there were loud voices/disturbance that night, making that statement re. "emotional conversation" in his mind would put him ahead any questions /inquiry by neighbors. The narc/psychopath always thinks they are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of us mortals...

I'm tired and having a hard time putting this into words, but this story makes me not like SM even more. You are only getting the highlights of people's lives on SM and often things that are set up and fake. Add sales into it and there is pressure to paint an even more glowing picture of your life. I'm glad she had close friend(s) that seemed to know when something wasn't right and acted on it. I feel horrible for what she went through. I hope she didn't see her daughters dead. I wonder if she had any idea he was capable of this. So very sorry for her family and friends. we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Wonder if he was fired while she was away with the girls for 6 weeks?

"Chris Watts had been an Anadarko employee but is no longer employed by the company, they tell @JennKovaleski. Unclear when that decision was made."

Blair Miller on Twitter
SABBM

Interesting observation.
Possibly a trigger ?

Either a perfect storm of events that culminated in this tragedy.... or -- it was premeditated and he planned long before this to do away with them all ?

I shudder to think what he'll say about Shanann if this goes to trial. Or will he plead guilty and the judge will sentence him ?
If ever the DP applied ..... CW is the poster child for it.

Something keeps lingering in my head as this seems to be slowly coming together.

His words:
" It wasn't an argument it was an emotional conversation. I'll leave it at that."

Why on earth would you plant the seed in investigators minds that you had some kind of disagreement with your family who is dead at your hands.

Or was he trying to throw out the idea that she was emotionally upset and ran off with the girls? It seems like a major slip up to me, not thought out, jmo.

I just don't get it but thank God I'm not a killer so why would I. Any thoughts?

The houses were close together so neighbors could hear.

I was with my ex husband for 18 years. From 13 to 31.
We had life long friends whom we would be around daily and he was so good no one knew that there would be days he'd spend beating me all day. He was also smart enough that if he hit me it wouldn't be my face but where my hair is. He'd throw me down and kick me then drag me back up just to do it again. He'd hit me in the side of the head over and over and until he'd knock me out.
So many other horrible things he did to me, I escaped in 2011 never to look back.
To this day their are still people whom don't believe his violence. Needless to say I have lost life long friends but I don't care my kids and I are now safe.
Prayers to Shanann, Bella and Cece and all the loved one's left here to grieve them.
Bless you! So happy you escaped. I wonder if he was an abuser too. She had to keep up the image of the perfect life because of her career. The pressure of two kids, another on the way, and if he had lost his job, she was the bread winner.

His words:

If there were loud voices/disturbance that night, making that statement re. "emotional conversation" in his mind would put him ahead any questions /inquiry by neighbors. The narc/psychopath always thinks they are leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of us mortals...
As far as that FB photo of Shanann's...(if you scroll down a bit) she explained the girls were playing and put a "Twister" plastic mat on the doll as it was "...too hot.." , or, "...too sunny out..."

In retrospect it's horrifying. It's possible she uploaded it as a silent cry for help. I have a feeling she was starting to see him for what he was long before this. :( :cry:
The beach/swimming photo of one of her daughters' has a sad description as well.
Shanann sounded frightened... and although she didn't name CW in the post--- I wonder if his behavior had escalated ?
One doesn't be sweet and kind to their family--- then turn suddenly and murder them.
Imo; there had to be some signs.
I'm guessing there was a great amount of premeditation.

And do not believe anyone if they say he was always nice ; or was fine around them.
People can be pleasant around their extended family, and turn into monsters in private !
My Dad had a word for it: Street Angel, House Devil. Narcs/psychopaths it's very much about the appearance. I'm sure she lived a roller coaster with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG, so this subhuman was just waiting for her to come home so he could kill her.

If he planned it, IMO it was either due to financial issue or a mistress. If he didn't, it was because she was leaving him. But if he planned it and killed the babies first, I bet the "emotional argument" was bout "Where are my girls?" :(

Gotcha but killing someone is definitely going to cause a disturbance and yet no one reported any, if I'm correct?

I understand your theory of trying to get ahead of possible questions but I would think it is a lot smarter not to point the finger at yourself (!) until someone else does.

In other words, wait until investigators ask about a disturbance before coming up with a defense.

I just can't shake this one. But, alas, I guess I'm just one of his mere mortals. He makes my skin crawl, I can't watch the video or even look at him any more.

IMO
Bless you! So happy you escaped. I wonder if he was an abuser too. She had to keep up the image of the perfect life because of her career. The pressure of two kids, another on the way, and if he had lost his job, she was the bread winner.
If he was truly an abuser, most go from one extreme to the other. As it was explained to me if he was a monster all the time you would have left long ago. It's called the cycle of abuse, there will be times he'll make you feel like your the most amazing person in the world and you'll feel so luck to have a man like him. Also abusers will make you feel like it's your fault. It's not them it's something you caused. I don't think we will ever know if he was an abuser.

Thank you for posting this. It looks like 38 minutes from the home. Google Maps

OT: Sorry if this was already identified. MAJOR SITE PROBLEMS today for me. I can't even seem to "like" posts without problems. :(

Been watching the last few minutes. Looks like the news helicopter finally found the site. This is always depressing. RIP and prayers for those girls.

Apologies if already posted

A 33-year-old man arrested for investigation in connection with the killing of his wife and two young daughters had gone in a relatively short span of time from filing bankruptcy to enjoying great financial success, with his wife traveling extensively on vacation and for business.

Christopher Lee Watts, 33, and his wife Shanann, had filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy in July 2015, claiming liabilities of more than $400,000. On July 12 of this year, the Wyndham Hill Master Association filed a civil claim in Weld County District Court against the couple, according to court records.

<modsnip: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule>

Frederick murder suspect Christopher Watts had financial troubles

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads