Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned this before, I swear I hear him say (on the video announcement) "I guess when you want it, it happens".....totally gave me the vibe that he was almost giving her a dig.....she wanted it....not so much him (regardless of what she may have put out on SM.....that probably falls under the category of furthering the facade of the perfect happy life)
Supposedly the baby was his idea. I wonder if his comment had more to do with him being sick of her taking time out to every detail of her life on social media.

For those familiar with bankruptcy- is it typical to keep a home when you file? Are there conditions about selling said home for profit within a certain time period? The market was on the rise in 2015 so I'm wondering why they didn't sell then. MOO.

Perhaps one or both of them didn't want to part with the nice home? Another reason might have been having extremely low credit scores which may have prevented them from getting into a decent rental.

It would have been an easy decision for me. Sell the house and get out from the huge mortgage and live within my means. But I enjoy sleeping at night, knowing my bills are paid. I know people who live otherwise, though, and I don't know why they do this to themselves.

I've seen some mention that it may speed up the decomposition. I'm sure it would mess with some evidence. Horrific to think about.
Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I hate even thinking about this, but does anyone know if the gas and oil in the tanks the girls bodies were placed in could speed up decomposition or otherwise destroy physical evidence?

This is exactly where I am at too. I don’t think CW is a cold-blooded genetic sociopath. I think he “snapped” due to debt.
But after killing his children, CW disposed of their dead bodies in those tanks. Imo this was a cold-blooded attempt to conceal evidence of the crime he committed.
The amount of calculation in this crime leads me to believe it was premeditated.

Hmm...5 BR home really? I hadn't known that. That's a pretty big house so perhaps they did have separate rooms.
Property records show the home is 4177 sf.
5bedr/4ba., unfinished basement
Paid $400,000- 2013 home was new
taxes this yr. $5778.
Lot is appx 65X100
Zillow estimates home would sell for $505,000

But after killing his children, CW disposed of their dead bodies in those tanks. Imo this was a cold-blooded attempt to conceal evidence of the crime he committed.
The amount of calculation in this crime leads me to believe it was premeditated.

I agree. I think it was completely pre-meditated, especially if it's true that he disabled his Facebook a week prior to the slaughter.

Many - Scott Peterson rings a bell.

It is called covert abuse. The abused spouse may not even be aware they are being abused and truly think they have a wonderful, supportive spouse. The abused spouse may believe this with all their heart right up to the moment they discover sexual and/or financial infidelity, or worse, as they are being murdered. I think it is too soon to say if this is what happened in this case, but I definitely think this is what happened to Laci Peterson.

It’s odd, but it really seems that CW gives ZERO *advertiser censored*** about what happened, and even that he’s “caught” or so easily confessed. He doesn’t seem to care about anything, he is just completely apathetic.

True. Even sitting in court. Nothing. Blank. And not in shock blank. More I don't care blank.

But I still think there's feeling there. It was weighing on him. He's not like you and me but he's different from some other murderers. They're just not all alike.

I believe he sobbed a lot to his family and then in interviews when he confessed.

I hope his capacity to feel makes him suffer in prison but I do think he will cope better than any of us would.

He's not normal.

Much like the timing of the murders - the children when they were defenseless & her when she would be tired and off-guard

I really am surprised he didn’t immediately kill himself. Selfish man, to the last second.

Yeah, in his interview, everything was all about him. He didn’t even try to fake that he was concerned about his “missing” family’s comfort or emotions. He just couldn’t sleep well. He missed them. Me, me, me, I, I, I....

I don’t think he’d kill himself. In fact, I bet he’s the type who never stops trying to get away with it, ala Jeffrey Macdonald (albeit JMac seems much smarter).

I'm sure he planned this. He had deactivated his FB account, he had scoped out an area to dispose of the bodies, he must have planned this for weeks. His reaction when she told him she was pregnant was so cold that you know he had been planning by then to kill her and the children.
As for why he did it? Because he's a self-centered selfish jackwad and he needs to be put in a cage for the rest of his life so he can't inflict any further damage on anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katelyn26