Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her alleged comment to a friend last week that she worried he was cheating could also suggest some emotional distancing. He may have been cheating but also may have already been planning to murder his family.

Horrific.

You left out the part where she said maybe not because he has “no game”. That does not sound like emotional distancing, just a thought tossed out there.

Does anyone know if he has the option to have a judge only trial with no jury ?

Yes he may have that option but I think the prosecution might have to agree. I'm not sure.

I'm already majorly pissed at the defense's excuses and reasons why this hateful , bitter man murdered his pregnant wife and two little girls. There is no reason or excuse, none can or should be created. And the trial is nowhere in the future right now. I'm furious with him. I'm furious with his defense team for planning to defend him. Will they try to make people feel sorry for him. Was he overwhelmed by finances, relationship, parenting? Who isn't?

This is all just so frustrating .

The murders of his beautiful family is just heinous. And under my skin and I don't know these people.

I just want to hear sweet wonderful things about Shannan , Celeste, Bella & Nico. I want to hear what Shannan 's plans for the future were. I want to hear her family and friends talk about her & the children.

CW and his reasons, excuses and blame placing can go to hell. And hopefully will very soon .

On a side note: why wouldn't CW want the death penalty? After what he's done does he really want to sit in prison for the rest of his life?

The defense hasn't made any excuses.

The only viable defenses I think they could try would be:

1. It wasn't premeditated and thus should be second degree or voluntary manslaughter. But that likely wouldn't matter because having a dependent minor child as a victim should bump it up to first degree.
2. Insanity. But he was cool as a cucumber. I don't think there's a shrink around who could find he was completely insane but then immediately after was sane enough to cover it up and smoothly lie.

It's gotten under my skin too. I was dreading the outcome. The babies just destroy me. And her poor family desperately hoping for a miracle.

He wouldn't want the death penalty because it takes forever (or never in Colorado) and death row is typically horrible compared to a regular prison. Not always though.

Yeah, in his interview, everything was all about him. He didn’t even try to fake that he was concerned about his “missing” family’s comfort or emotions. He just couldn’t sleep well. He missed them. Me, me, me, I, I, I....

I don’t think he’d kill himself. In fact, I bet he’s the type who never stops trying to get away with it, ala Jeffrey Macdonald (albeit JMac seems much smarter).

Except he already confessed.

His eyes really creep me out... When you compare FB type photos to this photo ...he looks really different (I bet this is the true him!)

He acted annoyed when the judge told him he had no bail and charges would not be filed till a later date! He actually says "how long?" in an incredibly annoyed and pissed off voice....like he thought he was gonna just go home???

In his mugshot, I see defiance and anger in his eyes more than anything else

6c86e03a-3482-4513-b7a9-f48e43344466-AP18228470795100.jpg

source: Bodies of missing mom, 2 daughters found in Colorado, authorities say; father arrested

I see distance. Not all there.

You left out the part where she said maybe not because he has “no game”. That does not sound like emotional distancing, just a thought tossed out there.

Ya I wouldn’t read too much into it honestly, I took as it was kind of an off the cuff remark. Of course it’s natural people will speculate bc of what happened after. But I’m not sure I can make the jump to oh he had a gf. I think he’s just a flippin coward. Jmo

I would love to have that tax bill! Our house is just under $300,000, and our real estate taxes are $10,000 a year!

I would suspect they had to have an escrow account to pay their taxes with a mortgage that size and with their less than stellar finances. Maybe I’m wrong. Do we know of any property tax delinquency? If they were paying them at time of the bill, I agree, that would have been difficult for them I bet.
CW/SW are current with property tax and assessments. See tax receipt dated 6/6/18 uploaded - balance due $-0-.

Attachments

I would love to have that tax bill! Our house is just under $300,000, and our real estate taxes are $10,000 a year!

I would suspect they had to have an escrow account to pay their taxes with a mortgage that size and with their less than stellar finances. Maybe I’m wrong. Do we know of any property tax delinquency? If they were paying them at time of the bill, I agree, that would have been difficult for them I bet.

There is no delinquency. They have been paid in Feb and June of each year since purchase and Payor is listed as Chase, which indicates to me they are escrowed.
Login

Psychologically speaking, the reason why this monster killed his family has absolutely NOTHING to do with them at all. It didn't matter how much money they made, or what her job was, or how healthy and beautiful the girls were, or if anyone was having an affair or any of that. The reason he killed his family is 100% about HIM. Sure, he may have his "reasons" why he did it and may use them to justify his actions to others and himself. But the bottom line is that he is a cold blooded, evil, killer. He always has been. He didn't just wake up one day and do this. It has always been inside of himself.

To me, he is a classic case of a man living a fantasy-a true sociopath. They can seem nice, friendly, loving, whatever to make them acceptable to society. But on the inside, they know full well it is an act. They have no soul, no conscience and are simply an actor in the stage of life. They may think that if they portray this image that they will become that person they are portraying. But underneath - no. They know there is nothing inside of them. They know that they are a worthless human being. They know that everything they portray is a lie.

When that lie is about to be bust wide open (see Scott Peterson) they know the jig is up. So what do they do? They don't decide to kill themselves to get out of it. No. They are evil. They don't want to die. That isn't the answer. The answer is to remove what is about to reveal them and in many cases, that is their family.

If a true sociopath killer can get away with it, just think of the benefits! Poor man. His family disappeared one day. His whole family was taken from him. He gets the benefit of being a grieving husband and father just trying to make it out there on his own again. (see Drew Peterson.) No divorce. No name dragged through the mud. No revelation that he wasn't the perfect person he pretended to be. His secret would be safe and he could move on. These people in his life? He never loved them at all. The relationship didn't fall apart. He didn't fall apart. He NEVER loved them. If he had ever loved them he could have never done what he did. Period.

fascinating post ty!

I have a friend who I thought was making $$ all to find out SHE was the one who leased a BMW, and she went into debt buying fancy clothes & designer handbags, and going to MLM trips/conferences. Why? It was very strongly advised by her MLM that she appear wealthy, so folks thought she was making loads of $$ from the MLM, and then would sign up under her. In fact, she was broke. She lied and said the car and trips were all paid for by the company. She finally came clean with us, but wow, she really got scammed.
It is part of the selling program. I sold Mary Kay which was not marketed as a "lifestyle" product but at the weekly meetings one of the things the leader always emphasized was to always look your best at shows or parties. Wear the makeup and be impeccably dressed and put together. That was the entire idea behind the pink cadillac the directors drove. It made you stand out and hopefully became an incentive to possible recruits who also wanted to be driving a pink caddy. I was lucky because I already had a wardrobe for work so didn't need to purchase new. Some girls upon joining had to go out and purchase new wardrobes to always look their best. In SW case it is a lifestyle they are selling...get the energy you need so you can accomplish all this..........house, cars, trips etc. Very misleading marketing as most of it is a facade. The only ones truly living large and not in debt are the ones on the top of the pyramid LOL

I believe this is what happened. He told police he committed the murders during interrogation, and told them where the bodies were, and the company pulled the surveillance video. That's how LE was confident about where to find the bodies. We need to see those police interrogations!

in this locale do they have to?

they already have something sealed

I feel like society spends way too much time trying to pry into the minds of killers. It’s not like knowing WHY they killed is going to change the mind of the next killer. Some people kill. They are evil. Some people yell. Some people hide. Etc. there’s good and evil. It should be all about the victims.

He had to dispose of them somewhere not too far away so he'd be back in time for her return. We dont hear about him doing any hiking, hunting, or fishing off toward the west so the place he'd know the best, that would appear to be remote, and where he could surveille the most inconspicuously for LE activity would be near his workplace.

That’s an interesting point about being able to monitor police presence at the tanks.

But, I still maintain he couldn’t have done a worse job of choosing a disposal site. Unless he was planning to contend he was FRAMED!

Someone said there are many different oil fields in the area. Why choose his own place of employment? And even if he couldn’t think of anywhere else he could’ve simply driven out at least a little ways and found a spot less likely to be tied directly to himself. Maybe there were no cameras surveilling the tanks. How would he get past the alarms going off issue? And even if he somehow managed to circumvent the possible cameras and alarm system...why leave SM’s body in a field unburied (AFAIK) at his place of employment? Very, very stupid and careless unless he thought he could also get her into the tanks but found himself unable to make the climb with her dead weight and just gave up and left her there?

Which brings me to another issue. I’ve been assuming like many that the girls were killed and hidden prior to SM’s arrival home. If that’s the case, wouldn’t the neighbor’s camera have picked up his truck leaving sometime on Sunday night/very early Monday morning? We only heard of the footage showing he left once, and that was at 5:30ish for work, right? Did he take all 3 bodies to be disposed of at once? Or perhaps we just haven’t heard about footage of him leaving prior to work, maybe that’s being withheld by LE...

I don’t know, it honestly feels like he practically set himself up. I really am leaning toward his plan ending in his own suicide but he just couldn’t follow through and had little time to plan a “sensible” cover up.

JMO.

He acted annoyed when the judge told him he had no bail and charges would not be filed till a later date! He actually says "how long?" in an incredibly annoyed and pissed off voice....like he thought he was gonna just go home???

He is in for a big reality check and I hope it hits him like a ton of bricks. I just hope they are watching him like a hawk in jail so he doesn’t commit suicide and escapes his sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member