Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is what happened. He told police he committed the murders during interrogation, and told them where the bodies were, and the company pulled the surveillance video. That's how LE was confident about where to find the bodies. We need to see those police interrogations!

there has to be some reason for allegedly and reportedly still being used after arrest

it makes sense if they did not hear it directly I wonder if he told (slipped on something) neighbors what happened and then went cops arrived he refused to talk ---but they had enough info to find the bodies or see tape or the neighbors sure seem credible to LE.

They sure seemed sincere during interview.

I think he may have lawyered up when much to his surprise ( which he probably felt was betrayal) when cops arrived to arrest him

this fits with the long neighborhood interview - there inability to talk about the reason they called the fbi or what made them concerned was the only part of the interview where they stated they could not talk about that

speculating

i don't think he is worried tho - he will just kill himself

all he has is a jail sentence left

how long was he working on getting his physical stuff in shape

I would think to him it would pretty well be a drag to do all that and end up in prison the rest of his life.

what exactly did he do for the oil folks

why did he still have a job if the plant was closed after explosion

maybe he got let go a while back and did not tell her and rebuilt up credit card debt?

how often was she out of town - was he supposedly paying the bills when he really was not

at some level i dont think premedation i don't know why

i think he exploded and accidently killed her and then went into the no one's gonna have my kids - possibly he had planned on killing himself after all that happened but stuff went really quick .

I don't think he expected the neighbors to call cops or did not think the cops would believe the neighbors and arrest him so quick

if ya kinda think about it obviously they were all close so maybe his expectation that they would not tell cops what he told them might not be that all that out of line? Almost saying something by accident actually fits better.

Was he drinking with them tues and slipped

In addition if one of us were really close - might I not think that the cops are gonna buy someone calling a saying he said he murdered his entire family.

He would probably know that they would need bodies and believe no one would find them so quick. or maybe he planned on going back and moving the wife -- kids in a gas tank is pretty out there so he might have thought he had more time

just making up times but if one tells friends (or just slipped up) at 4 oclock to have LE putting you in handcuffs three hours or so later is pretty quick

LE also never announced he had been arrested on murder charges till later - so they might have been afraid of flight risk so just wanted to get him locked while they tried to confirm

the notion that he confessed and told them everything kinda does not match up with the time separation between finding the mother and then kids although I suppose even if they were told exactly what tanks it still would take time to actually find them

exactly how do you that - scuba divers in petrol?

His lawyer seemed pretty sharp - how does someone in financial issues retain an attorney -- the house?? I do not know if ethically a attorney can take a house for payment>

He was pretty flat in court - his lips did not actually move !

so many bizarre questions huh

Last edited:
But if you know you hate your wife, you just assume after you kill her your kids will go to a set a grandparents and still have a life.
Not everybody has grandparents willing to take care of young kids. Anyhow, that's my guess why: he wanted freedom to do whatever he liked, which you can not have as a father of multiple children.

I think what I keep reading is these people have rigid attitudes about gender. Tend to be more traditional. Lots of shame. Don't feel they measure up. They can't handle looking bad or less than or not being able to support the family.

They don't cope well with a spouse they feel they're losing control of.

I read an article recently about rape and sexual assault and how much of that stems from deep, misogynistic shame in the perpetrators. They have skewed attitudes about masculinity and manhood and thus feel deep shame when they don't feel they measure up. So they take it out on women via rape.

It's similar here. These are typically inneffectual, maybe secretly insecure men who can't cope with rejection or what they feel is failure.

They're defective. What can I say.

Of course it's all conjecture right now. Did he kill them to be free of debt and to be with someone else? Did he kill them to "spare" them the indignity of having to live in debt?

Did he intend to kill himself but chickened out like the coward he is?

Did he decide to kill them all because he became insensible with desperate, narcissistic rage at the thought of losing control and having them leave?

I think the last one is going to be more likely for men with annihilating, possibly personality disordered mothers.

I think these types really veer between either psychopathic creeps who want a "free" and "better" life, like scott Peterson and Chris Coleman, and narcissistic losers who are incapable of coping with failure or loss.

Look at this beauty:

Shanann Watts

Excellent thought.

Exactly! He wanted a clean reset. No bills, no responsibilities, and single life without looking bad...in fact, getting sympathy from people. Prob thought he wouldn't even have to pay for funerals...the community would feel sorry for the poor widower and start a go fund me page for him.

I think what I keep reading is these people have rigid attitudes about gender. Tend to be more traditional. Lots of shame. Don't feel they measure up. They can't handle looking bad or less than or not being able to support the family.

They don't cope well with a spouse they feel they're losing control of.

I read an article recently about rape and sexual assault and how much of that stems from deep, misogynistic shame in the perpetrators. They have skewed attitudes about masculinity and manhood and thus feel deep shame when they don't feel they measure up. So they take it out on women via rape.

It's similar here. These are typically inneffectual, maybe secretly insecure men who can't cope with rejection or what they feel is failure.

They're defective. What can I say.

Of course it's all conjecture right now. Did he kill them to be free of debt and to be with someone else? Did he kill them to "spare" them the indignity of having to live in debt?

Did he intend to kill himself but chickened out like the coward he is?

Did he decide to kill them all because he became insensible with desperate, narcissistic rage at the thought of losing control and having them leave?

I think the last one is going to be more likely for men with annihilating, possibly personality disordered mothers.

I think these types really veer between either psychopathic creeps who want a "free" and "better" life, like scott Peterson and Chris Coleman, and narcissistic losers who are incapable of coping with failure or loss.

Look at this beauty:

Shanann Watts
Yes, got it!! (Bella thinks 5 babies in the tummy which explains CW text in response to the sonogram). Thanks

I am way behind here, but this case is so horrific and sad beyond words.

The case that came into my mind for its parallels was one that happened in Southern California back in 2007. This gut-wrenching case was atypical in that it was a woman—the mother, Manling Williams, who killed her two young boys, and then her husband. She killed the two boys first as they laid in bed (smothered with a pillow), then slashed and stabbed her husband with a katana sword—97 times. Just unimaginable.
She was sentenced to death.

The judge in her sentencing hearing said, “Her motivation, [Martinez said,] was a “narcissistic, selfish and adolescent” desire to start a new life with another man, free from the hindrances of family life.”

Manling Williams sentenced to death for murder of husband, sons in Rowland Heights – Whittier Daily News

I wonder if CW did the same with his little girls, as in this case I’m talking about here. Smothered with a pillow. It’s hard to even write the words, and imagine the scenario...

No reason will ever explain to satisfaction why someone would think murdering your spouse and children is the way out. These killers just do not think like a rational, human being. It’s really frightening.

Forgive me if this has already been discussed. I hate even thinking about this, but does anyone know if the gas and oil in the tanks the girls bodies were placed in could speed up decomposition or otherwise destroy physical evidence?
I bet Dr Arpad Vass could tell us...remember him from the Caylee Anthony case?

There are some criminals I feel should kill themselves. In this case, I want him to go through a trial and get life in prison. I don't want the DP because I don't want any of their family members to go through appeals for decades to come. I want them to be able to completely forget about him. I think if he kills himself, he gets off too easy and doesn't have to face the brutality he committed.
I want him to go through as much hell as possible. @Jinkasaurus Hi long time no see :)

Exactly! He wanted a clean reset. No bills, no responsibilities, and single life without looking bad...in fact, getting sympathy from people. Prob thought he wouldn't even have to pay for funerals...the community would feel sorry for the poor widower and start a go fund me page for him.

But he surely didn’t think he’d get away with it forever?

I think of it more in terms of not being at all flirtatious, not knowing how to engage with the opposite sex to get them to be interested in you, lack of confidence, etc.
I agree. BUT having game is not required if a woman is pursuing him. He may be so thrilled and flattered by the attention that he has the affair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine