Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but if you think he was smart enough to do that, he would have been smart enough to not have the doors deadbolted from the inside, his truck backed up to the garage that morning, or all shannans belongings still in the house. Ya know?
but you have to assume this is a person who has just killed their wife and children. he is already calculating how he's going to dig himself out of this (as evidenced by his pre-arrest interviews).

when someone does something as heinous as this their first thoughts MUST BE to remove evidence that a crime was even committed (right??). the making of their childrens' bed may be first on that list.

Edit to add: I make these statements cuz I remember what it was like trying to hide something I did wrong (eating the chips, calling boys, etc) from my parents before they got home from work.

Hence the "emotional conversation."

"Where are the girls?"

"Sit down. I need to talk to you."

"Where are my kids!!"

"They're not here. We need to talk."

"What do you mean they're not here? Where the F are my babies?"

I had a scenario in my mind too. I more arrogant, ruder scenario. She comes home at 2 and rushes towards the girl's room, to hug them goodnight.

He says, in a nice warm fatherly voice ---' they didn't sleep in their rooms, let me show you--they made a fort in the family room, it's really cute'----

And as she turns to go to the family room, he is walking behind her. He takes a rope/wire and throws it over her head and down to her neck, and pulls, bringing her down.

but you have to assume this is a person who has just killed their wife and children. he is already calculating how he's going to dig himself out of this (as evidenced by his pre-arrest interviews).

when someone does something as heinous as this their first thoughts MUST BE to remove evidence that a crime was even committed (right??). the making of their childrens' bed may be first on that list.

Right, but he DID’NT do anything that looked like planning, unless we assume he made the kids beds.

Does oil hasten the decomposition of corpses?

Ad by Wyzant - Ask an Expert
Need an answer from a verified Organic Chemistry expert?

don’t know if there’s ever been any research in this but my guess would be the exact opposite, that petroleum oil (as opposed to vegetable oils) would *advertiser censored* the decomposition of corpses.

My reasoning is that oil is toxic to most organisms so that the bacteria and insects that normally cause decomposition would not be able to do so. Yes, there are some bacteria that live on oil but then, they live on oil not on flesh so they wouldn’t participate in decomposition.

I think that the great number of fossils that are found in tar pits around the world would bear this out. When an animal falls into a tar pit then its remains remain for a long period of time.

My first intuition is that submerging a corpse in oil may result in cellular environment of the corpse becoming anoxic, causing metabolic activity in the body to slow to a halt. This would include the microbes within the body that would allow for the decomposition of the body in the first place. I would think that oil would slow the decomposition of corpses.

Of course, it is possible that the oil that you’re using can be metabolized by bacteria in the body if you’re not submerging the body in it - since oxygen is still available, bacteria may produce metabolites that damage the corpse in the process of metabolizing the oil - this could very well accelerate the decomposition of the corpse.

https://www.quora.com/Does-oil-hasten-the-decomposition-of-corpses

I feel the kids were killed Sunday after the party. For reasons I’ll just never understand. He had time to hide them in the oil well. She comes home, freaks about the kids missing, he kills her, and he has less time to hide her body because he’s got work, so he just buries her. Moo

I wonder if CW’s hiding spot for the girls (in the sense he actually had one for them) was related to having more shame about harming them. SW’s body is larger but (sorry to be gruesome) he did not need to leave her in one piece to hide her in the same way. He also could find some other way to obscure her body. If he blamed her for their finances etc., then he may not feel as much shame for what he did to her.

I think in the video above he says the flight was supposed to come in at 11 something. The next day was a school day wasn't it? The party would have ended earlier in the evening I would assume.

It was an afternoon party for a young boy down the street. So it was probably over before dinnertime. He had plenty of time to dispose of the babies before his wife was supposed to return.

Yeah. That makes sense. But they could've been in his truck already when she got home.

do we know for a fact he actually was at work

i don't know why he would have to bury the kids before she came in if his plan was to kill her anyway

but i think the emotional conversation if true is the beginning of the chain of the events not the end

He is taking more risks getting caught actually running around the plant on two separate time frames

like what would be the rush if he had this planned

i keep thinking this was not premeditated but a chain of events (lost control) which if ya think about almost connects to his presentation

a lot of that was was in the context of stuff building up and if not addressed could explode in a negative way

she may not of even had a clue he was at the point he was at

but for some reason (although she did not give a timeframe) her mentioned to her neighbor (am bugged about the two different versions of this however) that he might be having an affair

or the inverse could be true she was gone for six weeks maybe she met someone and fell in love and that was what the emotional conversation was and it triggered him - ( like all the stuff I have put up with and you fall in love with another man)

Lol I think we are saying the same thing. There was zero coverup. He did everything wrong for a coverup.

Until we have more information, I have to leave open the possibility that he did have plans to cover up, but he was expecting SW home earlier. When she arrived late, he may have thought it was less suspicious to show up at work at his usual time, then come home at lunch to stage his cover up. I haven't really thought it through enough to decide which is more likely, so I'm leaving the possibility open for now. Either way you go, he's no wizard, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay