Found Deceased CO - Shanann Watts (34, dec.), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *Arrest* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In many/most of the pics of the Watts in that heavy article, they are wearing patches /stickers -- is that a "thrive" thing? or maybe some sort of smoking-cessation product.

if the latter, I wonder if it's an outside possibility that the husband was on Chantix.
Thrive..

In his narcissist mind, he was too clever to be caught.

By the time the bodies of his children and wife would have been found, he would have sold the house, moved, and likely tried to assume a new identity.

A search of his computer will be very interesting, I think.

The real key is why his FATHER immediately suspected him....., enough so to get him to confess

This case reminds me of Lori Hacking and a marriage built on incredible lies to her and the entire family. Our young women are too gullible which is why domestic violence is epidemic.

Our daughter married a manipulative liar. She was the last person to see it but today her eyes are wide open. I'm so sorry Shanann didn't have that opportunity.

Except if he doesn’t care now, he won’t ever care anyway, regardless of how many sweet family pictures you hang in front of him. No need for him to cost the taxpayers money to continue breathing.

He may not care about his family, but he will hate seeing what HE is missing out on. I don't want him to die soon, that's too easy. I hope he's on suicide watch, there's a reason guys often commit suicide while incarcerated.

He won't do well in solitary in prison. I know it sounds better than gen pop but I assure you it's not. It's enough to drive a guy insane. Looks like this dude is already partway there, so I don't think he will handle it very well.

Since he doesn't exactly have many friends and no family in Colorado, he won't get many visitors. Prison in Colorado will not be a fun place for him. I hope he's there for 70 years.

Those tanks are highly monitored. His company would have some electronic record of the tank being opened and it wouldn't be difficult for them to provide LE the exact timethe tanks were opened. There is likely also video monitoring of all the significant hatches, pipes, and gates.

He might have known something about how to disable them, but it wouldnt make much difference as that would all be easy to detect.

I would think he had planned the same for Shannann's body , too, but somehow the plan was interrupted.

Those tanks are highly monitored. His company would have some electronic record of the tank being opened and it wouldn't be difficult for them to provide LE the exact timethe tanks were opened.

I would think he had planned the same for Shannann's body , too, but somehow the plan was interrupted.

Or he just wasn't able to lift her up into them. Clearly planning is not his strong point.

I think I've finally caught up with all of the posts. I'm in NC and from what I understand SW, the (I do not want to even say his name or type his initials) and their families are from here or currently live here. Anyway, one of the local stations in Raleigh did this a few stories tonight:

Shanann Watts murder case: Friends, family recall life of slain NC native :: WRAL.com

I think there are 4 or 5 videos for this story that ran one after the other. Most of what is in the video is also in the story.

I found this story (and video) about a local neuropsyhologist who deciphers some of the plea video:
Neuropsychologist: Christopher Watts was 'struggling with his conscience ' 1 day before arrest :: WRAL.com

In addition...
I don't remember who said it, but I think a couple Colorado residents were talking about being tired of all the crimes in your beautiful state...it doesn't make sense. Kinda like here...I told my husband a few weeks ago that it seems like every other crime story I see has some connection to NC...either the crime occurred in NC or the victim or perpetrator is from NC. Or maybe, it's just that I notice it more because I'm here now.

Bless Shanann, her precious babies and her grieving family and friends. My heart and soul aches for them.

It’s that THRIVE stuff. They are like vitamin/nutrition patches, from what I saw briefly online earlier today.

ah, thanks. Looks like they are popular with folks who have had bariatric surgery (gastric bypass, etc) for weight loss. I think those folks have to load up on vitamins/minerals post-surgery. Going by the comments of medical professionals who have examined these supplement patches...they don't work too well.

FAQ: Do vitamin patches work?

"We consulted with experts regarding ‘patch multivitamins’, all of whom emphatically said that none of the claims made by the patch company were true. Not a single word. They even underscored that what these companies are proposing is biochemically impossible, as the skin is a very good seal against water soluble organics, which is why you can’t get drunk on alcohol through your skin.

It’s also a good barrier against ion transfer, or else a few hours in the ocean would dehydrate and kill you. Think of all the things you come in contact with during your day – if these materials passed through the skin, it could in many instances mean death.

Most vitamins and minerals fall into these two categories and anybody claiming nutrient absorption through a known protective barrier had better produce studies to back it up – burden of proof is upon the patch companies, as their claims go against widely accepted and well known medical facts.

One pharmacological expert went further to say that the people responsible for the bariatric vitamin patches ‘are either willfully fraudulent or just plain stupid, but either way are a second away from an FDA Warning Letter or FTC action’. Use your judgement and please be careful of this kind of stuff. You cannot fit the entire world of nutrition in a single pill. It does not make sense that you could tape a packet of pulverized vitamins to your arm and have all that material magically move through your skin and into your body. You cannot absorb the amount of minerals needed after bariatric surgery through a ‘sticker’."

FAQ: Do vitamin patches work?

Because that would shorten the amount of time he suffers in a cell?.

I vote that they print off all the happy family pictures, especially the ones with HIM in it. On the beach, on planes, living the life that he will NEVER experience again. His cell should be wallpapered with those.

Then let him die there. The death penalty is too merciful for him. Let him rot alone.
You forget that people like him don't suffer like that. They still find ways to manipulate people and get things they want and stuff. That's how socio/psychopaths are. Stuff like that won't bother him. People like him don't really suffer per se, often times it's on to the next game/con (see Arias for a great example of this, or Jeffrey MacDonald, another great example).

Jeffrey McDonald was the first thought I had when I saw the on the news, I knew he was guilty within seconds. JM is still in prison, he refuses to accept his guilt.

This also reminded me of Mark Hacking, he was really too much of a blockhead to do any type of sophisticated planning, or be able to withstand LEO interrogations. He confessed, not out of guilt, just to end the situation he was in.

Because that would shorten the amount of time he suffers in a cell?.

I vote that they print off all the happy family pictures, especially the ones with HIM in it. On the beach, on planes, living the life that he will NEVER experience again. His cell should be wallpapered with those.

Then let him die there. The death penalty is too merciful for him. Let him rot alone.

I'm against the death penalty even though I believe most of these murderers deserve to die. I have objections to it for various reasons.

But one thing I like about it is death row. It's a far different world than regular prison and I've heard it can be much, much worse.

No one has been put to death in Colorado since the 90's I think. The death penalty is kind of meaningless there. Except for the fact of death row.

I want this guy to be in a cage on death row.

In the last thread or easier in this thread, someone mentioned a Daily Mail article on it with new information but didn't know how to link.

Here it is:

Christopher Watts is denied bail in the murder of his wife and young children | Daily Mail Online

It's very in-depth by DM standards, tons of pictures I haven't seen...but I admittedly can't stand her FB/Instagram with the avalanche of Thrive pictures. Maybe you have seen them.

Some highlights from the article:

• Suggested jealousy of her career/money was the possible motive.
  • Regarding their arrests - his was three and hers was 15?! Arrests?! Authorities apparently haven't released the charges but that's a shocker to me, no matter how petty the crime. Or might it have been domestic violence charges? Nothing but speculation but there is a lot of cracks emerging.
  • He was fired Wednesday when he was arrested. Something that confused me...was he working or wasn't he. So, if DM is correct, that certainly makes sense.
  • Not sure of any relevance other than to fit the jealousy theory but she, as many of you already mentioned, took many Thrive trips without him, leaving him to care for the girls.
  • In July, yet more financial strain. On July 12 of this year, a civil suit amounting to $1,500 was made against the couple, and they were due in court next week. Curious timing. Was he really going to kill his family over money?
  • A coworker, Danell Search was quoted: 'She mentioned about them having problems, Shanann and Chris,' and they were planning on splitting.
So financial strain, career jealousy and/or a woman possibly leaving her husband, the most dangerous time for her well being, not to mention he has all the hallmarks of a psychopath? And, if we were to cover all bases, his noticeable change in appearance. Mistress? Especially with his wife gone for weeks. I'm just throwing it all out there now, yes. MOO.

But, Dear God, if even 1/4 of this is true, it gives me shivers to think what that woman walked into in the dead of the night at her home.

I don't know if I can read or think about this story any more. It's unthinkable what those precious babies endured because they had a monster for a father.

Last edited:
I keep thinking of Shanann making the effort to get pregnant with this third baby, accompanied by declarations of love and trust of her mate.... and yet so soon afterward planning to leave. What on earth happened? What did she discover?

I'm betting he started feeling more trapped and desperate and began fighting more with her and possibly showing signs of what he really is.

Probably becoming more sullen, petulant, demanding and I have a feeling he either voiced his displeasure or otherwise made it clear to her, with the pregnancy.

Finding out he didn't really want the baby and was unhappy about it would probably be enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541