Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #84

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

On another topic...19057 Puma Path didn't just disappear itself off Google maps back in September of 2020. That had to be at the request of Barry, and I'm sure he paid some bucks. It was before the house was listed.

That was more likely at the request of the realtor or buyer. Barry would have no reason to disassociate that piece of property from himself. The realtor and/or buyer would.

on page 112of the AA

Barry was asked where the $30,000 from the ******** page for Suzanne went and whether it was used to pay for the Longhorn Ranch property. Barry said, "I don't recall where money went, but like I said, if it, there, a lot of that money, I paid George $4000 cause he, s-, stopped working. I paid a lot of things out of that money, but I don't recall a lot of what it was."

On another topic...19057 Puma Path didn't just disappear itself off Google maps back in September of 2020. That had to be at the request of Barry, and I'm sure he paid some bucks. It was before the house was listed.

At the time @swedeheart posted
"any google map experts know if this is something that any rando can do, or would it have to be the person who (previously) lived there? and for what financial/legal reasons did BM do that?"

Obviously he wanted the house off limits to the public, but it was Ok for Barry to send ShoSho to that address.
Thanks for answering that question. Shaking my head, why is that not surprising. As well as, the avoidance on an explanation on the rest of what the money was spent on.
Lest we all forget, when that gimme post was put up on the Find Facebook Page - it was stated that whatever the monies were spent on would be detailed for those who contributed. Barry also never contributed to the expenses for Andy's search :mad:

And to further complicate things @Knox
Thanks for answering that question. Shaking my head, why is that not surprising. As well as, the avoidance on an explanation on the rest of what the money was spent on.
Lest we all forget, when that gimme post was put up on the Find Facebook Page - it was stated that whatever the monies were spent on would be detailed for those who contributed. Barry also never contributed to the expenses for Andy's search :mad:

Barry was asked where the $30,000 from the ******** page for Suzanne went ………… Barry said, "I don't recall where money went……”

Anybody else find it odd that Barry was the one questioned about the ********* account? Not a mention in the AA about Trevor. I had always assumed it was Trevor who started the ********* account and possibly managing the disbursements at least initially, wouldn't Barry have been too traumatized? Oops, silly me. Maybe that was the falling out, we keep hearing over and over about how Barry loves the money. Maybe he pushed to get it going (why not capitalize a tragedy, everybody does it ) after all there's money to be made!!! and perhaps Trevor was tuned off.

Last edited:
on page 112of the AA

Barry was asked where the $30,000 from the ******** page for Suzanne went and whether it was used to pay for the Longhorn Ranch property. Barry said, "I don't recall where money went, but like I said, if it, there, a lot of that money, I paid George $4000 cause he, s-, stopped working. I paid a lot of things out of that money, but I don't recall a lot of what it was."

At the time @swedeheart posted
"any google map experts know if this is something that any rando can do, or would it have to be the person who (previously) lived there? and for what financial/legal reasons did BM do that?"

Obviously he wanted the house off limits to the public, but it was Ok for Barry to send ShoSho to that address.
You don't have to pay to have those Google business locations IDs changed...you just have to be the "owner" of the data and either verify through a phone call or a postcard. That was the legal address of the foundation so Google picked it up from some database they have access to. I spent an excruciating year of my life cleaning up Google map data for a previous employer. Google gets the information from multiple sources too. Nightmares...I still have nightmares.

He has a hearing on the 13th of Oct for murder charge. Why another on November 9?
The hearing on the 9th has to do with the defense's motion for sanctions. They were angry about the speed with which the prosecution was delivering evidence, and Stanley speaking to the media and Profiling Evil.

Last edited:
Two Subjects:

Bail:
In my opinion, moo moo and double moo, granting BM bail was a sop, sort of a favor to E&N - good ole boy system. Defendants come and go, but E&N will be on the Colorado legal and state scene for years to come. There will be surveys, polls, votes, reviews, bar meeting and conventions, etc. No sense in making enemies. Moo moo and double moo! If BM had not gotten bail, he would have fired or stiffed E&N. After what he paid them, he hadda have something to show for it. Nobody needed that.
This is pure jmo - imaginary - NOT an actual quote: If not bailed, he could question what they did for all that money. Now they can say they talked him out! If he says: BUT I was bound over for trial. They could answer that he talked himself into that! - Speculation not a real quote.

BM is not really a threat to the public, he is not likely to take off, and if he pulls a FD, so much the better. Chaffee County saves money.

SD: Next subject: Moo moo and double moo! Imaginary only: As hinted upthread, SD may have been periodically surveilling PP at BM’s request. There may well be some clue on the PP premises as to the location of SM’s murder or body. A stone turned in a particular direction? A newly planted tree? A small piece of a paper or cardboard, perhaps taped on a window, some object which if its position was changed, would indicate someone was “getting warmer” to solving SM’s murder or her resting place. She might have been checking to see if anything was moved or changed so as to report back. The package might have been found serendipitously and she just took it. Moo moo and double moo.
As to your thoughts on bail, they are entirely cynical speculation as you seem to acknowledge. I disagree and believe this is inappropriate, but I get the basis for it. Too many cases of bad behavior have come to light, by individuals in many of our most important institutions, from not for profits like the Boy Scouts to congress and even presidents. The courts are not immune from this aspect of human nature.

I am thankful for the free press that brings these issues to light, and I am grateful that most of these institutions hold their bad boys to account. Because I see the courts and the legal profession doing this on an everyday basis (without the public scandals that plague religious institutions, private sector businesses, and political parties), I reserve judgment, even when there is evidence of wrongdoing. And I continue to defend legal institutions against those who indulge in cynical speculation.

I do regard BM as a potential threat to witnesses against him, though not, as you say, to the general public. Since bail must be granted in the circumstances, I want to see the conditions strengthened. I also regard BM as "unstable" to use SM's word, and thus a threat to himself. He has violated everything he held sacred and killed the love of his life, and he has threatened suicide. I don't believe the conditions imposed by the court begin to address that concern. I want to see him convicted and punished severely, not killed.

I think you are onto something when you speak about BM's reasons for choosing to live near his old residence. The only reason he offered is that he is a pariah in the nearby communities. Like you, I am skeptical.

Last edited:
The hearing on the 9th has to do with the defense's motion for sanctions. They were angry about the speed with which the prosecution was delivering evidence, and Stanley speaking to the media, and Profiling Evil.
Even though they received all the evidence in timely fashion, and Stanley did not address the merits of the case. No foul here, IMO.

What is the oct 13th hearing going to cover?

I assume it's going to revolve around Barry's bond situation.

The prosecution doesn't want him living in that neighborhood, as the Ritters have a no contact order against him.

His ankle monitor does not receive a signal there.

SD has given the prosecution more ammo with her latest escapade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Barry say he lost $30,000 on the botched wall?

$30,000+ missing from crowdfunding.

Problem just paid his self back.

Didn't know he couldn't.

Guy's gotta eat..

JMO

oh, it could be a very important hearing then. This judge seems to be very sympathetic to the defense at times though. Maybe he will shrug and let it slide. :confused:

I hope he forces him to move, at the very least. But my biggest hope would be that the judge is perturbed enough to send him back to his jail cell.

The only way I see that happening is if they can connect him to the package deal- If they find that he told SD to go to that house, knowing it was illegal.

oh, it could be a very important hearing then. This judge seems to be very sympathetic to the defense at times though. Maybe he will shrug and let it slide. :confused:

I hope he forces him to move, at the very least. But my biggest hope would be that the judge is perturbed enough to send him back to his jail cell.
I'm not sure "force" is how this will go. Some have suggested he move into the house his galpal lives....but if that is a lease in her name the judge can't force Barry to move in with her or to force her to move out and the homeowner would have concerns about the lease switch and want a say in the whole thing. If the lease is in Barry's name that changes the situation. My vote is the lease is in her name. If Barry is being loaned the home he's in, his defense is going to argue that the court is unfairly putting a financial burden on Barry and "golly he didn't want to live there to begin with" so let him move to Gunnison. Going back to jail is not happening ..."perturbed" can't make the judge suddenly decide to toss Barry back in jail. Judges get "perturbed" all the time. So I predict the outcome however it's mediated will be interesting and something none of us have ever had vision into with previous cases.

That was more likely at the request of the realtor or buyer. Barry would have no reason to disassociate that piece of property from himself. The realtor and/or buyer would.
I am a Realtor. You need to “claim” the property or be the “rightful owner” to request that Zillow take the property off their website. Many of my clients take the property off Zillow because they don’t’t want to make “pictures” of their house interior public information. It is not uncommon at all. Either BM or the new owner took the house off Zillow for privacy. IMO

I am a Realtor. You need to “claim” the property or be the “rightful owner” to request that Zillow take the property off their website. Many of my clients take the property off Zillow because they don’t’t want to make “pictures” of their house interior public information. It is not uncommon at all. Either BM or the new owner took the house off Zillow for privacy. IMO
Thanks...the address was removed from GOOGLE Maps last September 2020, it could only be Barry. It's still on Zillow, always has been. Even the sales before the Morphew's was there until very recently and the most recent sale from Barry. It's the GOOGLE map where it disappeared from, that was Barry requested and paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChiChi8773