Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have had very little exposure to Barry in real life but I personally doubt he is “dumb”. It is interesting to read everyone’s vision of how they have built a mental picture of who they think he is. My guess is defense will like if people think he is naive or “dumb” because that supports the idea he is no mastermind.

The very fact that he is waiting to be tried for murder shows he is no mastermind!

We have had very little exposure to Barry in real life but I personally doubt he is “dumb”. It is interesting to read everyone’s vision of how they have built a mental picture of who they think he is. My guess is defense will like if people think he is naive or “dumb” because that supports the idea he is no mastermind.

IMO, although Barry would never be considered by Mensa, he probably has a pretty decent IQ.

My sense is that he is not at all intellectual nor sophisticated. I find him manipulative, cunning and street smart. And such a habitual liar

I think the constant lying makes him clever enough to be able to think on his feet but not clever enough not to trip himself up.

My speculation is that he has some type of learning or processing disability that created frustration for him in school leading him to place his focus elsewhere where he could excel. Baseball, hunting ,landscaping . And of course, the aforementioned lying.

I would be surprised if he ever voluntarily read a book his entire adult life.

Just my opinion

^^rsbm
IMO, BM worked late at the beach site on Friday, and not Saturday. I think he was working late when SM agreed to meet him for Pizza dinner in town. His worker MG also provided that BM worked at the beach house late Friday and was acting strangely on Saturday before he called it a day early -- sending her home before lunchtime. We also know that BM used the excuse about an alleged fire in Maysville early Saturday morning as to why he was late. I think it's likely BM was prepping a burial site for SM late Friday- early Saturday using his own truck/bobcat. And then he conveniently changed the blade on the bobcat on Saturday afternoon. JMO.
I think he prepared a burial site sometime during that week and he used his BobCat to do it, then had the blade changed on Saturday.

In the AA, it says they jumped in Suzanne's car to go to the pizza place and they ate some in the car and brought some home. That was Friday. I'm still puzzled at what time he worked at the beach site. Maybe he didn't. He could have lied about that, too.

I also recall Suzanne taking a picture at the pizza shop and sending it to the daughters, but darned if I could find it in the AA.

I've read the AA three times and always find something new. The inconsistencies are throughout the entire 131 pages, give or take a few.

I don't think he's dumb. He's uneducated but he's cunning. Barry's biggest problem is his own ego, belief in his own infallibility is what has nailed him at every turn. Classic acts of stupidity.

And what time was he seeking revenge on his garage-bandit bear (and random coyotes)? Didn't the AA peg him down by the river behind his house on 5/8 too?

Does the man ever do normal things????

Seems like he blames everything on animals.

When he's the biggest one.

JMO
He's far from being normal to do any normal stuff. He stalked Suzanne the way he stalks animals. No wonder she wanted out. Being an animal is too kind for him, he's a wicked beast. JMO

He spent a lot of time at the river it seems. I think he was looking for Suzanne's phone the day TD caught him coming out of the river soaking wet.

He's a master manipulator, plain and simple.

I don't think he's dumb. He's uneducated but he's cunning. Barry's biggest problem is his own ego, belief in his own infallibility is what has nailed him at every turn. Classic acts of stupidity.
Both BM & SM cite degrees from Perdue University.

I think he prepared a burial site sometime during that week and he used his BobCat to do it, then had the blade changed on Saturday.

I don't see Barry as the kind of guy to do any extra work. He's going to do the easiest thing every time. Hence having to re-do the Broomfield job in the first place. He's good enough at what he does that most of the time he gets away with slipshod work.

Yes, from Barry's point of view, killing Suzanne was easier than divorce.

AA Page 129 of 131

Airplane Mode Chart.

All of the entries show Barry's airplane mode as being off except the last entry which shows it being ON.
5/12/20 9:41:36AM 5/12/20 12:50:46PM

What could he have been doing for 3 hours 9 minutes and why was he using airplane mode? This was Tuesday.

I don't see Barry as the kind of guy to do any extra work. He's going to do the easiest thing every time. Hence having to re-do the Broomfield job in the first place. He's good enough at what he does that most of the time he gets away with slipshod work.

Yes, from Barry's point of view, killing Suzanne was easier than divorce.
Until he got caught. Most of those type of people do get caught. Might take some time, but they do.

In the AA, it says they jumped in Suzanne's car to go to the pizza place and they ate some in the car and brought some home. That was Friday. I'm still puzzled at what time he worked at the beach site. Maybe he didn't. He could have lied about that, too.

I also recall Suzanne taking a picture at the pizza shop and sending it to the daughters, but darned if I could find it in the AA.

I've read the AA three times and always find something new. The inconsistencies are throughout the entire 131 pages, give or take a few.
I wonder, why I would drive with my husband of more than 25 years to the pizza place, getting pizza there (certainly even pre-ordered) and driving home to eat my pizza at home (or partly in the car)? I could have stayed at home instead. Why not? To make the (evil) husband happy?

I wonder, why I would drive with my husband of more than 25 years to the pizza place, getting pizza there (certainly even pre-ordered) and driving home to eat my pizza at home (or partly in the car)? I could have stayed at home instead. Why not? To make the (evil) husband happy?
I think SM collected BM at the jobsite and they drove together in the RR to get pizza-- and SM drove home alone after dropping him off at work.

IMO, although Barry would never be considered by Mensa, he probably has a pretty decent IQ.

My sense is that he is not at all intellectual nor sophisticated. I find him manipulative, cunning and street smart. And such a habitual liar

I think the constant lying makes him clever enough to be able to think on his feet but not clever enough not to trip himself up.

My speculation is that he has some type of learning or processing disability that created frustration for him in school leading him to place his focus elsewhere where he could excel. Baseball, hunting ,landscaping . And of course, the aforementioned lying.

I would be surprised if he ever voluntarily read a book his entire adult life.

Just my opinion
Perhaps. My husband has an IQ in the high 120s. Probably ADD back when kids were not diagnosed. He is a man’s man in a pseudo Henmingwayish sort of way but rarely reads books except for an author or two that write in similar genre. He went into construction after college and did very well. He can be exasperating but at times but I knew who I was marrying and at thirty had grown abit tired of the type I seemed to choose and choose the opposite and am very happy. I don’t miss hours of intellectual discourse when we are alone. I think Suzanne may have been very happy for a long time but as the kids grew up and out of the house wanted something different in her future for companionship. It happens. My feeling is if he killed her he is a murderer and if he didn’t then he has a lifetime to figure out what went wrong in his first marriage.

Agree. He didn't do well in minor league baseball and decided to quit and go to Purdue.
Doesn't seem dumb to me.
MOO a work-aholic, talk-aholic, text-aholic, excuse-aholic, crazy busy busy busy person, annoying with no boundaries, evasive and controlling, a sucide threatener and business cheater.

COVID?

She texted the girls a pic of Barry waiting outside for the pizza.

ON May 8, #SuzanneMorphew sent a picture of #Barrymorphew standing outside Moonlight Pizza waiting for pizza to the girls. The girls are in Utah on a roadtrip. Aug 10, 2021
But we also have this tweet:

On May 8, #BarryMorphew went and got Pizza at Moonlight Pizza in Salida. While he was out, #SuzanneMorphew sent a message on LinkedIn to Jeff Libler saying he is gone for a bit. Aug 10, 2021

Both BM & SM cite degrees from Perdue University.
Yes. He is not uneducated…at least in an American sense. To this day only 50 percent of people who start college finish college for a variety of reasons. A person with a college degree is not uneducated regardless of major. I would not call Perdue a slacker college either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy