Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #87

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AA Page 129 of 131

Airplane Mode Chart.

All of the entries show Barry's airplane mode as being off except the last entry which shows it being ON.
5/12/20 9:41:36AM 5/12/20 12:50:46PM

What could he have been doing for 3 hours 9 minutes and why was he using airplane mode? This was Tuesday.

Hmmmm. Day up the trash can search and scribbled note. Also day of semi organized searching. And the famed body plant, likely at White Pines and the day the "article" was found (her baby blue helmet.

Could he have ducked friends, family and fellow searchers to go off grid for hours???? Could he have retrieved her helmet from a previously stages location in favor of a more findable one? Maybe he chucked her helmet up by the mines originally. And moved it on 5/12.

Interesting factoid -- good find, @jakat!

I think the left turn toward Garfield was purposeful. He did not open any doors, as far as we know, and there would've been no reason to drive so far, just to pitch the helmet relatively near. IMO he dumped or staged something up near Garfield, Hemet or otherwise.

JMO

Hmmmm. Day up the trash can search and scribbled note. Also day of semi organized searching. And the famed body plant, likely at White Pines and the day the "article" was found (her baby blue helmet.

Could he have ducked friends, family and fellow searchers to go off grid for hours???? Could he have retrieved her helmet from a previously stages location in favor of a more findable one? Maybe he chucked her helmet up by the mines originally. And moved it on 5/12.

I think the left turn toward Garfield was purposeful. He did not open any doors, as far as we know, and there would've been no reason to drive so far, just to pitch the helmet relatively near. IMO he dumped or staged something up near Garfield, Hemet or otherwise.

JMO

He turned around at the first available spot that wasn't right by where he tossed the helmet out.

He turned around at the first available spot that wasn't right by where he tossed the helmet out.

It was well before sun up, he could have done a turn right in the road, if his destination was solely Broomfield.

That's where the helmet was found but IMO that might not be where he originally put it! Just seems like an artificially long way out of his way for one helmet.

IF he left it there on 5/10, do we presume he hucked it on the way to the turnaround or on his return from the turn around.

My OOs

JMO
He broke away from the group and disappeared. Never knew it was for more than 3 hours though.

Andy said they searched Garfield and never saw the helmet there. He probably moved it from wherever it was.

It was well before sun up, he could have done a turn right in the road, if his destination was solely Broomfield.

That's where the helmet was found but IMO that might not be where he originally put it! Just seems like an artificially long way out of his way for one helmet.

IF he left it there on 5/10, do we presume he hucked it on the way to the turnaround or on his return from the turn around.

My OOs
Good question!

It's worth remembering that BM is no rocket scientist

He may have disconnected the battery thinking if it was off long enough, the "memory" of the truck would be wiped.
I would agree he's probably no rocket scientist, but he so far has been successful in hiding/concealing Suzanne's body/remains, so IMO that says something for him, other than just luck. But I do feel there was premeditation also and he had thought this aspect out carefully. (And just to be clear, I do feel he IS responsible for Suzanne's demise). JMO

IMO, although Barry would never be considered by Mensa, he probably has a pretty decent IQ.

My sense is that he is not at all intellectual nor sophisticated. I find him manipulative, cunning and street smart. And such a habitual liar

I think the constant lying makes him clever enough to be able to think on his feet but not clever enough not to trip himself up.

My speculation is that he has some type of learning or processing disability that created frustration for him in school leading him to place his focus elsewhere where he could excel. Baseball, hunting ,landscaping . And of course, the aforementioned lying.

I would be surprised if he ever voluntarily read a book his entire adult life.

Just my opinion
This reminds me of my ex Sister-in-law who was cunning enough to ask for receipts from others for gifts that were bought for her children for birthdays, Christmas, etc., so she could return the items for cash to spend on herself instead, but yet she was dumb enough to not know about a clothes dryer having a lint trap that needed to be emptied and not to cook a frozen pizza with the cardboard along with it, and the list could go on and on. (We wisened up quickly to the receipt scam, which then left us with just about the only other option of purchasing items for the children that they would wear/use/play with while at our homes). I was very happy to be able to officially say she was finally then my EX sister-in-law!

While reading the recent discussion of BM not being some mastermind rocket scientist, and more so a cunning master manipulator which ITA, thought I’d bring forward Suzanne’s brother David Moorman’s statement he put out on 5/8/21, three days after BM’s arrest. Interesting he also points out BM cunning personality traits. Since he’s known BM for over 3 decades, I think it’s safe to say that’s enough time to have been around and interacting with someone to get a good read of their level of intelligence, personality, character and integrity (or lack thereof). Personally, I have no reason whatsoever to doubt this man, family member, who’s known BM for 30+ years. IMO, DM’s entire statement is sincere, eloquent, profound. Impactful, written in a clear, succinct manner and pretty much says it all.

Snipped from DM’s statement at link below and BBM:

“within hours of being told of Suzanne’s disappearance nothing seemed to add up.

My suspicion of foul play quickly grew, especially knowing my brother in law’s personality.

“Nothing I say here will change minds and I will leave it to the experts of FBI to outline at the trial the cunning personality traits of Barry Morphew. As we look toward the prosecution and a trial, we can only hope for full confession and learn the whereabouts of Suzanne. I doubt that will happen and we all will be left with hearing horrific details that were perpetrated by pure evil.”

https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...orman-Statement-Regarding-Suzanne-Morphew.pdf
https://www.fox21news.com/wp-conten...orman-Statement-Regarding-Suzanne-Morphew.pdf

IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
The compilation is very impressive. I'll read it all as soon as I can. Thank you! :)
I only wish we could leave comments! :p
eta: for instance, the second post re the IN home? I doubt BM had the $ to buy it. I think it was bought by Suzanne's family as a gift. By all accounts that I can find, BM didn't have the ability to buy that property. He definitely married up and IMO, by design.
JMO

Yes. He is not uneducated…at least in an American sense. To this day only 50 percent of people who start college finish college for a variety of reasons. A person with a college degree is not uneducated regardless of major. I would not call Perdue a slacker college either.
Do we even know if he completed his studies and earned a degree? There is a two year study for horticulture/landscaping and management at Purdue, never mind if he finished/earned a certificate or an associates degree or not.
eta again: please correct me if I'm mistaken.
IMO

Last edited:
I seem to have sparked a huge debate about whether BM is intelligent / cunning etc which wasn't really my intention - sorry everyone!

The point I was making (badly), is that in any case where we have to peel back layers of staging to try to find the true timeline/actions it is natural to impose logic/rationality on those actions.

However if you approach the staging from the POV of the accused, then actions may be illogical and inconsistent, not least because the accused finds himself under huge psychological pressure and may come up with "better" ideas, or realise things are not going to work, in the heat of the moment.

It's clear this crime was premeditated, and well prepared in certain respects, but in other respects its a hot mess. BM said himself he was good at hiding a body (true) but his work on the staging and digital aspects is a hot mess.

So looking at the Truck Telematics and the battery, it's logical to assume you disconnect the battery because either you need the battery for something else, you want to charge it, or you want to work on the truck electrics.

But I am saying he may well have done it for reasons that don't make sense from our viewpoint. So I was wondering if he incorrectly believed disconnecting the battery for an extended period could somehow wipe or reset the truck.

I think we see this with the drive west - he iterated his staging because he realised he made a mistake - but he did not realise that location data would give him away.

In any event, as someone who is fascinated by crime scene staging, I always find the existence of staging to be much more important than the reasons for staging. He was trying to hide or obscure something - we just don't know what.

The very fact that he is waiting to be tried for murder shows he is no mastermind!

This is my experience of dealing with my own borderline psychopath.

On some levels, they are very clever and scheming. Especially they are masters of emotional manipulation in the long term.

But in a helicopter view they are amazingly stupid and self destructive at times - especially once you realise their nature. In my experience they frequently tell unbelievable or easily discoverable lies. Their schemes are often transparent - yet they seldom realise that people have seen through them. Look how easily the FBI agent played BM.

The personality type will often indulge in risk taking far beyond what any sensible person would risk.

And perhaps their greatest failing is they will usually fail to grasp win/win outcomes, because abusive outcomes are more important to them.

IMO, this case is a classic where BM thinks he has been oh so clever, but to an investigator, this was an extremely stupid and high risk plan where suspicion was bound to focus on him

IMO, although Barry would never be considered by Mensa, he probably has a pretty decent IQ.

My sense is that he is not at all intellectual nor sophisticated. I find him manipulative, cunning and street smart. And such a habitual liar

I think the constant lying makes him clever enough to be able to think on his feet but not clever enough not to trip himself up.

This post is speculative on my part.

If BM is a psychopathic/sociopathic, he may to some extent, inhabit a fantasy world and/or entertain delusions.

Mostly they get away with lying because people around them enable it, so it is how they have learned to operate. But also they don't perceive how others see through it, because they live within a fantasy where they are the victim.

BM is doing this right now, for the highest possible stakes. Most people realise he has murdered SM, but he is tries to maintain a fantasy where he is a victim, and lies to his own family about it.

Something has been puzzling me

Do you have a view why he left so early on Sunday morning? Obviously he was up all night, but why not leave for the job at a more believable time?

There is some sensitivity there IMO - or he was being irrational, thinking it was best for him to be gone before SM "wakes up"

My speculation is that he has some type of learning or processing disability that created frustration for him in school leading him to place his focus elsewhere where he could excel. Baseball, hunting ,landscaping . And of course, the aforementioned lying.

I would be surprised if he ever voluntarily read a book his entire adult life.

Just my opinion
I don't think Barry is unintelligent....He is likely above average intelligence based upon his skill set. However, he is emotionally driven. His decision making is heavily influenced by his emotional state at the time.,...and not in a good way.

Something has been puzzling me

Do you have a view why he left so early on Sunday morning? Obviously he was up all night, but why not leave for the job at a more believable time?

There is some sensitivity there IMO - or he was being irrational, thinking it was best for him to be gone before SM "wakes up"
He needed be in Broomfield when the morning bike ride took place. You know...cameras documenting his whereabouts etc.

Do we even know if he completed his studies and earned a degree? There is a two year study for horticulture/landscaping and management at Purdue, never mind if he finished/earned a certificate or an associates degree or not.
eta again: please correct me if I'm mistaken.
IMO
He graduated from Purdue with a degree in Horticulture Production which is a 4 year BS degree. Looks like he graduated May 1994. It looks like he and Suzanne graduated at the same time from Purdue which coincides with anecdotal reports that they got together when they were in college. This all makes sense to me if you think about his multiple businesses. The landscaping thing being very different but probably easy for him to fall into. His baseball career was if I recall 1987. Clipping from The Alexandria Times-Tribune - Newspapers.com
Barry Morphew Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

I only wish we could leave comments! :p
eta: for instance, the second post re the IN home? I doubt BM had the $ to buy it. I think it was bought by Suzanne's family as a gift. By all accounts that I can find, BM didn't have the ability to buy that property. He definitely married up and IMO, by design.
JMO
There's no indication of that. On the contrary, most accounts say Barry was a workaholic and he probably worked for several years before college during the gap between baseball and starting at Purdue and then built some of his businesses after college. Plus the large 6,000 square foot Indiana home wasn't built until 2004 so quite a few years after they both graduated from college and married.

Also - I am seriously considering forming our animal friends at the Zoo into a choir. Starting in the new year, I think I will start training them to sing the "Hallelujah Chorus", in anticipation of a favourable (to us) verdict at the upcoming trial. Does anyone have a suggestion for what to call our choir?

BobCaterwaulers?

Glad to see that this thread is being kept up to date by the faithful and here's hoping that this is the last festive season that BM gets to spend amongst the free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay