Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everything you've said.

"Did he truly dig a hole and bury furniture in Alexandria?"
This puzzles me and always has. If he did do that, maybe someone needs to look into the burial site. Burying furniture?
Who would do that without a damn good reason to conceal something or some... maybe there was damn good reason for the hasty getaway. I don't put anything past him.

I don't know 1 single person that's ever buried furniture, ever. Not even a person of a person and so on. Who the heck does that????? Donate it to charity, sell it, store it in a storage shed, don't bury it!! However, it appears Barry seems to think its a sufficient way to deal with things that aren't needed or useful anymore :rolleyes:.
Wonder what other things Barry has buried over the years o_O.

This puzzles me and always has. If he did do that, maybe someone needs to look into the burial site. Burying furniture?
Who would do that without a damn good reason to conceal something or some... maybe there was damn good reason for the hasty getaway. I don't put anything past him.
Utterly bizarre. Of all the warrior types he might think he is, eco isnt want one of them.

JMO

Yup, supposedly he buried furniture and money in the yard and planted alfalfa on top. I don't think Suzanne is there, but I hope LE dug up the whole yard, all 15 acres.

I don't know 1 single person that's ever buried furniture, ever. Not even a person of a person and so on. Who the heck does that????? Donate it to charity, sell it, store it in a storage shed, don't bury it!! However, it appears Barry seems to think its a sufficient way to deal with things that aren't needed or useful anymore :rolleyes:.
Well that's Barry, using other people's dumpsters because he's cheap. His words, not mine.

It would seem he didn't barry any of his stuff. (Because that was all piled in his truck and on his trailer.)

I wonder how many turquoise totes he barried. I wonder how many journals he barried. How many dollies. If it's no longer of use to Barry...

What'd he say, I throw things away, my whole entire life, 100%.

(My paraphrase but his words can be found in the AA on P. 77, 80, 81, 87....)

JMO

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

It's odd he wouldn't just have burned it. But perhaps since he has the equipment it's easier to dig a pit and bury it just like they do at dumps near cities. We burn broken furniture in our burn pit. Just burned some old broken dining room chairs last week :). Obviously if something had value we might post something on the nearest town's FB page, but alot of times it's of no value so my husband just burns. Over the decades we've burned old couches, old mattresses and lots of broken chairs and tables. Once the fire is cool, he picks out the metals, nails and whatnot that don't burn and that gets saved in a box for the annual dumpster day in our closest town. I think if my husband had an excavator he's problem dig and bury also....more fun than watching a fire for hours on end. So now you know someone that would bury furniture :) if they could bury furniture.

What’s the deal with the hearing? Webex? Nothing?
It's a status conference and virtual as the motions hearings are scheduled for later this month and are indicated in person. Probably just to bring the new judge up to speed on preparedness for trial by both sides and other housekeeping things. Maybe a plea arrangement on the voter issue to get that out of the way. Those are my guesses. As far as whether status conferences are open to the public...if held in the courtroom generally they are because they are in open court, but if they are virtual or a chambers meeting, then most of the time no...so anyone's guess I think.

I believe his exact words were: never gonna happen.

Source: AA.

C'mon at least get it in context!

SA Harris explained that in 2019 Suzanne said Barry “won’t hear” talk about divorce. Barry asked to whom Suzanne told that and Agents said it was a friend. SA Harris said she brought up the topic and said Barry “won’t even hear it.”

Barry said, “And I wouldn’t. I mean, if she said, ‘Hey, we’re gonna have a talk about this tonight,’ which she never did, I would say, ‘I’m not discussin’ this cause it’s never gonna happen.”‘

It makes it so much worse. :D

I've often wondered if Barry had this killing idea on his mind while in Indiana. Although, it was not a solid as a Boulder plan yet. Barry wanted to be near MM1. No doubt. He's her hero until he's not. He adored the mountains of Colorado and esp fond of those Rockie Boulders he might lift with his excavator.

He piled his truck and trailer with antlers and other personal stuff and zipped to Salida. We've seen the image. I can almost hear Suzanne's belly laugh. Did he truly dig a hole and bury furniture in Alexandria?

This idea imho stemmed from the money; the inheritances that Suzanne was to receive. Then, here's her cancer returning as he's on the move to Salida? Then, the hounding began. He hounded Suzanne. Made her fear the deer's eyes were cameras. Made sure she lived in fear. Always shooting chipmunks, sawing on deer, hunting for a bear to kill so she grew insensitive to the distinct sound of firearms or jumpy at the sound. He pinned her down. He clipped her nose. How badly did it bleed? He held a Glock to his head.

Aren't some suicidal people easily prone to take others out with them if they become homicidal as he did. Suzanne's death was a homicide. He hid her body and the law needs it. Let us pray.

What did Barry do in the garage that he surely didn't want Suzanne to know about? Didn't the garage thingy make her list of 50 Reasons to Run? Did his plan include loading tranquilizer darts in the garage so surely Barry would murder her over leaving him plus steal grab her money, as sick and sorry as that is. Suzanne was done. Let's do this civilly.

Barry asked Gene to declare his daughter dead. Gene said no... Then, kindly requested contributions to battered women in his obit.
View attachment 329531
Obituary of Gene Moorman | Day & Carter Mortuary
In stepped MM1 to aid the hero tho. Barry had already disconnected from her family for quite some time prior. He wouldn't repay the loan to GM.

jmo Follow the money trail that Barry began on Mother's Day weekend 2020, over the course of the next few months, he began scooping the IN home's sale, her Range Rover, the Puma Path mansion, and so on. Who has the appx total of BMs net worth just before his arrest in May 2021? His arrest cost him a $500,000 cash bond. Should have been a cool million, just an idea.

That attachment from GMs obit is heartbreaking.

Barry made MM1 an unwitting accomplice in some shady stuff.

AA footnote.

55 In March and April 2021, FBI Agents asked Barry about why he needed a backhoe that particular time and day. FBI Agents learned that before Barry left Indiana in 2018, he used a backhoe to dig a large hole in his front yard, fill it with items to include furniture, and cover it over, planting alfalfa on top. Barry also dug holes to hide large sums of money in Indiana, per his associates and own admissions.

SM Studying?
@sk716 bbm Thanks for your post reminding me of this trainer/life coach idea discussed some time ago. Makes sense.

For some reason I was linking it w Bible study, probably because of many posts about their church attendance & activities.

I've gotten it my head that Suzanne had her own schedule and she did things at roughly the same time every day. I think there is mention somewhere that Suzanne read and wrote in her books (bible, Al-Anon, Journal) daily. To me that feels like a sit down with a cup of coffee/tea type event, so probably early in the day.

We know she liked to go on her rides around 4. Barry would probably be expecting dinner when she got home so she wouldn't have time then.

Didn't we learn about his work out schedule? If I remember correctly he met up with 400 tours GD at GD's house. 5pm.

Perhaps that's what gave Suzanne a pocket of time for her biking.

Dinner's on the table at 7.

If her biking interfered with his dinnering, I think we'd have heard about it. Suzanne probably had to be pretty careful about stuff like that.

It's never a good idea to poke the Baer.

JMO

ETA. According to GD (P 47 of the AA) Barry came over 5 days a week to work out, between 5 and 7pm.

Colorado Judicial Branch - Chaffee - Cases of Interest - People of the State of Colorado v. Barry Lee Morphew

Last edited:
Didn't we learn about his work out schedule? If I remember correctly he met up with 400 tours GD at GD's house. 5pm.

Perhaps that's what gave Suzanne a pocket of time for her biking.

Dinners on the table at 7.

If her biking interfered with his dinnering, I think we'd have heard about it. Suzanne probably had to be pretty careful about stuff like that.

It's never a good idea to poke the Baer.

JMO

ETA. According to GD (P 47 of the AA) Barry came over 5 days a week to work out, between 5 and 7pm.

Excellent point, forgot all about Barry's workouts.

Excellent point, forgot all about Barry's workouts.
So Barry & GD spent two hours together from 5-7 during the week. When was dinner? Did he come home, shower, eat dinner and go to bed? I seem to remember reading he turned in early and rose super early in the morning. I doubt he ate and immediately worked out.

I don't know 1 single person that's ever buried furniture, ever. Not even a person of a person and so on. Who the
heck does that????? Donate it to charity, sell it, store it in a storage shed, don't bury it!! However, it appears Barry seems to think its a sufficient way to deal with things that aren't needed or useful anymore :rolleyes:.

Not much would surprise me. I still think he was/is dirty in more ways than LE or the feds have let on.

So Barry & GD spent two hours together from 5-7 during the week. When was dinner? Did he come home, shower, eat dinner and go to bed? I seem to remember reading he turned in early and rose super early in the morning. I doubt he ate and immediately worked out.

Perhaps this is the one time we can turn to Barry for the answer.

Dinner, sex, sleep.

I don't know that his terms were negotiable.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member