Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They paid 1.5 mil for the house. Two of Suzanne’s inheritances contributed $500,000 the rest had to have come from Barry’s businesses and whatever they got as the down on the land contract for their Indiana home. We have no idea what else they had in savings or investments. I think we can’t say as fact that Barry’s lawyers are being paid with Suzanne’s money. For all we know Barry could have moved money to his mom or daughters or it is separated or it is commingled. I don’t think that is known.
Both of Suzanne’s inheritance were received/gained/acquired during late in their last few years of marriage and definitely following their move to Colorado. Suppose Barry expected her to be gifted (based on previous inheritance history) another sum of cash since her father was dying. What if that’s what Barry meant by she would find her Fred. Not someone to pay her way but leave her enough questionable cash to make it worth Barry holding on a little longer just in case… IMO
We have linited knowledge regarding what SM and BM brought to the marital account. We are somewhat privy to what Suzanne invested but we know absolutely nothing else. Hopefully this will be addressed at trial. If it’s not and deemed irrelevant I have no doubt in my mind nor heart that Barry screwed her financially and more importantly he denied her financial security/ability the moment she said she wanted to end things civilly. It will certainly be interesting to see the financial info IMO
Barry is a greedy man who cheated hard working Indiana peeps at least one of whom was choosing to take the high road, despite knowing first hand that Barry was screwing him out of cash and future earnings. IMO

Both of Suzanne’s inheritance were received/gained/acquired during late in their last few years of marriage and definitely following their move to Colorado. Suppose Barry expected her to be gifted (based on previous inheritance history) another sum of cash since her father was dying. What if that’s what Barry meant by she would find her Fred. Not someone to pay her way but leave her enough questionable cash to make it worth Barry holding on a little longer just in case… IMO
We have linited knowledge regarding what SM and BM brought to the marital account. We are somewhat privy to what Suzanne invested but we know absolutely nothing else. Hopefully this will be addressed at trial. If it’s not and deemed irrelevant I have no doubt in my mind nor heart that Barry screwed her financially and more importantly he denied her financial security/ability the moment she said she wanted to end things civilly. It will certainly be interesting to see the financial info IMO
Barry is a greedy man who cheated hard working Indiana peeps at least one of whom was choosing to take the high road, despite knowing first hand that Barry was screwing him out of cash and future earnings. IMO
Any one know how was their house in Indiana first purchased?
There was loaning of money to fund getting ahead too.

I have to say that I think JL mustn’t be very smart if Barry didn’t come to mind when his lover went missing. Suzanne was extremely careful with that relationship and not being found out. Why? To not hurt Barry’s feelings? I’m sure JL was grilled pretty hard, maybe somebody mentioned charges because he didn’t come forward. I have an opinion of JL and let’s just say I don’t put much stock into him saying he didn’t suspect Barry right off the bat.

Barry was able to afford bail because he liquidated his wife’s assets after he murdered her.
I don't feel any compassion for JL at all and I'm sure he immediately thought Barry might've been responsible but THE BIKE was making headlines like crazy, just as it was designed to. I believe JL was partially if not totally responsible for Suzanne taking biking up (and Barry probably knew about it from the get go, I personally don't believe for a second he was blindsided by anything). He may have felt guilty and somewhat bought the headlines in hopes that she would resurface. Then again, that their communication was abruptly interrupted? I dunno. Maybe he thought BM came home so she ended to convo and then went for a bike ride. I have the feeling she felt 'free' and could have Suzanne time when she would ride. I can see him being conflicted (hopeful?) and didn't exactly want it out that they'd had an affair - to put it mildly.

"Barry was able to afford bail because he liquidated his wife’s assets after he murdered her." BINGO.

Barry cheated Suzanne out of financial security/ability the moment she said, "I do". She came to understand that and so much more once she wasn't busy raising her daughters.
IMO

Let us not forget that he was willing to talk, if granted immunity. If he pled guilty, he wouldn't be using anyone's money on his defense. Suzanne's assets would be protected, for distribution to her heirs. Same with Barry's, to his heirs.

Had Barry done what millions of everyday people do -- proceeded to divorce court, Suzanne would've been entitled to her inheritances (with adjustments due to cominging maybe) and to half of marital assets, business assets, possibly alimony, possibly child support.

Tragic that he wasn't willing to divorce -- wouldn't split assets in divorce court -- but is willing to lay out tens and tens and tens and maybe hundreds and hundreds of thousands in an attempt to buy his freedom.

Suzanne wanted her freedom too.

It cost her everything.

JMO

I believe JL was partially if not totally responsible for Suzanne taking biking up (and Barry probably knew about it from the get go, I personally don't believe for a second he was blindsided by anything).

I think BM knew it all, including the reason SM took up biking. I've always imagined it gave him a satisfying and sadistic thrill to hurl that bike down into that ravine.

Fantasy I know but wouldn't it be nice if New Judge, upon reviewing the case, rescinded bail and had BM taken into custody?

In my head it sounds like this:
Your honor, why are you sending him back to jail?

I'm sorry, I didn't know I couldn't.

It just doesn't sit right with me that a man can buy his way out of jail.

JMO
Once he determined that BM was eligible for bail, the judge was constrained by law to use the least restrictive conditions necessary to accomplish the purposes of bail, as follows:

Colorado Revised Statutes, Section 16-4-103(3)(a) The type of bond and conditions of release shall be sufficient to reasonably ensure the appearance of the person as required and to protect the safety of any person or the community, taking into consideration the individual characteristics of each person in custody, including the person's financial condition.

(4) When the type of bond and conditions of release are determined by the court, the court shall:

(a) Presume that all persons in custody are eligible for release on bond with the appropriate and least-restrictive conditions consistent with provisions in paragraph (a) of subsection (3) of this section unless a person is otherwise ineligible for release pursuant to the provisions of section 16-4-101 and section 19 of article II of the Colorado constitution. A monetary condition of release must be reasonable, and any other condition of conduct not mandated by statute must be tailored to address a specific concern.

...and

(c) Consider all methods of bond and conditions of release to avoid unnecessary pretrial incarceration and levels of community-based supervision as conditions of pretrial release.

Under this statutory standard, one does not have to be rich to meet the conditions of bail. If BM had been an hourly wage laborer, the court would be obliged to set a bond he could afford, sufficient to ensure his return and deter any act that would endanger any member of the community.

Looks like I need to drop in a timeline. The titles are linked to all of the notes. Some PH info has been updated in, still much to go through. Please note that dates are as accurate as I can get them as there are several inconsistencies and mistakes in the AA.

December 1999 – Barry and Suzanne Purchase 26040 Cal Carson Rd, Arcadia, IN

Private, Gated Estate Home on 10 Acres!

November 2013 – Suzanne Inherits $208,000 upon the Passing of her Mother.
Melinda Baumunk provided documents that Suzanne inherited approximately $208,000 in 2013 at the passing of her mother. She inherited another approximate $217,000 when her grandmother passed away in 2016.

August 2016 – Suzanne inherits $217,000 upon the death of a grandmother.
Suzanne’s grievance list included multiple references to Barry controlling the finances.

April 12, 2018 – The Morphew’s Purchase 19057 Puma Path
Barry and Suzanne Morphew purchase 19057 Puma Path for $1,575,000.

June 1, 2018 – The Morphews move to Colorado. (PH – Harris)
SA Harris: Yeah, they moved in 2018. I believe they left around June 1st, 2018. to move to Colorado. So roughly a year and a half of the time is what Sheila(Sheila Oliver Interview) On May 11, 2020, CCSO Detective Burgess conducted a phone interview with Sheila Oliver, Suzanne’s best friend, who lives in Indiana. ... Read more

September 2018 – Suzanne sends “Howdy stranger” message to JL
First contact since high school.

Fall 2018 – JL’s daughter sees messages from Suzanne on his phone.
Libler breaks it off.

Thanksgiving 2018 – Barry obsessive/possessive.
While Suzanne was at the Oliver’s house, she had stepped away from her cell phone to use the restroom, and Barry tried calling her several times within a few minutes, then tried calling SO, then tried calling DO.

Holidays 2018 – Suzanne finds JL’s LinkedIn Page.
Relationship Rekindled

January 2019 – The Mexico trip where Barry took Suzanne’s phone
Mexico trip mentioned in the grievances list where Barry took Suzanne's phone.

February 2019 – Suzanne in New Orleans with JL
Barry admitted to questioning Suzanne about the New Orleans trip, further evidence he suspected the affair.

April 2019 – Suzanne meets up with JL in Indiana
She does not see Sheila Oliver on this trip.

July 2019 – Suzanne and JL meet up in Michigan
Barry called Sheila Oliver while Suzanne was in MI visiting her father/JL, wanting to know why Suzanne wasn't returning his calls.

September 2019 – Barry stalks Suzanne and SO, creeping through woods.
Barry stalked Suzanne and SO at the Puma Path house in September 2019.

October 2019 – Libler and Suzanne in Dallas
Suzanne and JL spend two nights at the Galleria.

September – November 2019 – Barry aggressively pursues KW around Salida.
From the first time KW met Barry, she said it felt like "he was putting his tentacles out."

Holidays 2019 – Suzanne and JL stop talking on the phone because she is afraid Barry will find out.
They shift to more covert ways to communicate. Barry's second device makes its first appearance.

January 2020 – Suzanne in Florida, gets spy pen, sees JL
Suzanne in Florida, SO gives her the spy pen during this trip. Suzanne records a conversation with JL on this trip.

March 2020 – Spy pen records argument between Suzanne and Barry. “It’s money. It’s about money.”
“… I have lived for years being told how I should feel, how I should act, how I should look, what I should drink, what I shouldn’t drink, what I should put in my body, what I shouldn’t put in my body … ”

March 20, 2020 – Jekyll and Hyde text exchange between Suzanne and SO, MM2 suggests restraining order.
"It’s Jekyl and Hyde again … Pretty much told him I can’t be healthy and stay in this."

March 22, 2020 – Spy pen records Barry listening to Forensic Files episodes, call with Suzanne on drive to Pueblo
Coincidentally one of the episodes involved a woman "disappearing" after a bike ride.

April 21, 2020 – Messages between Suzanne and JL
“I want to be with you,” “I can only be me with you,” I love you,” “I need you.” “You know I was born to love you.”

May 4, 2020 16:05 – Barry makes 3 second outgoing call to Suzanne
This was the first logged call in Barry’s phone to or from Suzanne since February 7, 2020.

May 5, 2020 – Suzanne drives Macy to Gunnison
Suzanne drives MM2 to Gunnison, CO to meet MM1 for a road/camping trip through Utah and Idaho with Mallory's best friend.

May 6, 08:44 – Suzanne sends MM2 a text
“Good morning! I miss you already!”

May 6, 10:13 – Suzanne: “I’m done. I could care less what you’re up to and have been for years.”
From 14:43 to 17:00 Barry replied, “When I’m dead,” “Going to see my savior,” and “This life on earth is a mear (sic) grain of sand compared to eternity.”

May 07, 2020 – Suzanne messages JL about how magical past days had been. Barry wants a new truck.
16:43 - “Been studying all afternoon. I’m gonna bike now. I’ve got veggie soup on for supper.”

May 08, 07:03 – Suzanne’s phone backs up a list of 50 reasons why she wanted to leave marriage on “Notes”
Not safe alone with you. Can’t be trusted - Oppressive - Slam on brakes when angry - Threaten to jump out of car - Gun

May 08, 08:43 – “I will continue to do your invoicing when you need to.”
"When FBI Agents showed Barry these texts during interviews in 2021, he said he did not think Suzanne was serious."

May 08, 09:28 – Suzanne texts sister about Barry’s abuse.
“It’s hard dealing with the harsh abrasiveness and having to show respect. He’s also been abusive, emotionally and physically. There’s so much … I went thru a period of acceptance and I feel more angry now. Anger at what I’ve allowed.”

May 08, 10:55 Barry: “I Love You, Suzanne.”
“But, in the afternoon, it (the text fight) was like it never happened. She texted me back and it was just like, ‘Hey, what time are you coming home? Hey, this or that. Just pick this up or pick that up.'”

May 08, 13:18 – Barry texts Salida Stove and Spa about getting the hot tub fixed.
"Asking when he could come out to the home."

May 08, 15:43 – Barry’s iPhone receives an SMS message associated with the unknown device
This second device was first used on November 30,2019 and was associated with Barry’s iPhone 91 times since then, compared to 1,701 associations with the primary User ID since November 2019.

May 8, 19:06 – Moonlight Pizza and Phone Calls
Barry said he thinks that call was him telling GM to tell his son that all the money was paid back.

May 08, 21:04 – 20 Facebook friend requests, 3 men named “Jeff.” Barry’s lurking at the River.
Barry was asked about his phone pinging down by the river during the Facebook posts on Friday night and asked if he was outside. Barry said, “I could have been. I don’t remember. I chase critters around the house all the time.”

May 09, 00:02 – Incoming call on Suzanne’s phone (PH CAST)
Incoming call on Suzanne’s phone (PH CAST)

May 09, 02:07 – Outgoing call on Suzanne’s phone (PH CAST)
02:07 am outgoing call on SM’s phone (PH CAST)

May 09, 06:00 – Barry’s phone received call (PH CAST)
06:00 am BM’s phone received call (PH CAST)

May 09, 06:46 – Barry’s phone registered “Power On”
Comes out of Airplane mode.

May 09, 07:19 – Barry’s cell received signal (PH)
Barry’s cell received signal (PH)

May 09, 07:22 – 07:39 – Barry at “Tailwinds” worksite
Barry’s phone registered locations at his “Tailwinds” work site near Poncha Springs.

May 09, 07:35 – Suzanne texting Sheila Oliver
Discussing SOs daughters wedding on Sunday.

May 09, 08:00 – MG was with Barry working on the rock beach site until 11am.
MG: “He said that he had to go make the wife happy – do some hiking or biking.”

May 9 – Morning – Suzanne messaging JL
“He’s still wanting Arizona.”

May 09, 09:50 – Barry to Suzanne: Want to go on hike? *Text Exchange*
Barry to Suzanne: Want to go on hike?

May 9, 2020 – 11:14 – Suzanne received a second password reset message from Facebook
Previous reset was while Barry was down by the river on the evening of the 8th.

May 09, 11:15 est. – Barry tells MG he could “bury a body” and it “would never be found.”
Gentile: “He seemed stressed. He definitely seemed weird on Saturday.”

May 09, 11:55 – Dead Turkey Hunt or Barry Takes Down His Trail Cameras
Barry said he was looking for a turkey that Mallory had shot previously with a bow, but they had never found.

May 09, 13:35 – Barry leaves home again.
Checked on job at Kim Gyms

May 9, 13:40(?) – Suzanne texts Libler
Guess who is alone again?

May 09, 13:46 – Barry and the backhoe
After texting, Barry drove by TK's house to see the backhoe, but did not get back in touch to buy it. In 2018, Barry used a backhoe to dig a large hole in his front yard, fill it with items to include furniture, and cover it over, planting alfalfa on top.

May 09, 13:51 – 14:13 – Barry at DSI, replacing Bobcat blade
He was wearing a blue t-shirt and khaki shorts.

May 09, 14:03 – Suzanne sends sunbathing pic to JL, last proof of life.
“Well, look at her. She’s obviously drunk. Look at her eyes. Do you know what drunk eyes look like?”

May 09, 14:11 – Suzanne sends last LinkedIn message to Libler: “I’m on WA.”
Libler sent response messages at 2:39PM, 2:46PM and 2:47PM that Suzanne did not answer.

May 09, 14:26 – Barry texts Suzanne, “Done headed back.”
He texted Suzanne that he was done and was headed home.

May 09, 14:31 – Barry texted Suzanne, “Did you leave.”
At 2:31 PM, Barry texted Suzanne, “Did you leave.”

May 09, 14:39 – JL messages Suzanne, she does not respond. First unread.
Messages from LinkedIn show they were talking about how Suzanne is in love with JL before she went missing.

May 09, 14:43 – Barry’s phone and F-350, per telematics, arrive at the Morphew residence.
"The photo is shown in the courtroom, Suzanne smiling. Truck GPS coordinates show Barry’s truck goes into park at 2:43:59. Phone coordinates show he walks around the house. You can hear a pin drop in the courtroom as tension is high." - Carol McKinley, PH Tweet

May 09, 14:44 – Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.
Shooting Chipmunks? Barry had a .22 in the moments when Suzanne ceased the communicate with everyone she loved in the world.

May 09, 14:46 – JL messages: “Hey … your weather looks great” Second unread.
No response from Suzanne.

May 09, 14:47 – JL sends another messages to Suzanne with no response. Third unread.
Jeff sends last message if the day to Suzanne with no response.

May 09, 16:00 – 17:30 – Defense says Barry was at Salida Stove and Spa
Salida Stove and Spa's posted hours have the store closing at 2pm on Saturday. Telematics show Barry's truck in his garage during the time he was supposedly at Salida Stove and Spa.

May 09, 16:44 – Barry parks his truck in the garage.
Barry claims to have been loading his truck and cleaning off his workbench.

May 09, 17:33 – Barry’s truck system manually rebooted
Barry attempted to disable the trucks GPS and SYNC features.

May 09, 18:40, 18:46 – SO sends two Snapchats to Suzanne that were never opened
SO sends two Snapchats to Suzanne that were never opened

May 09, 21:25 – Barry’s truck goes into reverse, backs 96.8 feet down driveway
Barry backs 96 feet out of the garage.

May 09, 22:17 – Barry’s Phone Exits out of Airplane Mode
Barry's phone comes out of airplane mode at the Morphew residence.

May 10, 02:53 – Outgoing call on Suzanne’s phone
Possible glitch.

May 10, 03:25 – 03:48 – Barry’s truck door opened and closed
"SA Hoyland noted over eighty events involving the F350 during this timeframe."

May 10, 03:58 – Barry’s phone moves from home to near where Suzanne’s bike found
3:58 am BM cell moves from home to near 225/50 where bike found

May 10, 04:10 – 04:23 – Last Activity from Suzanne’s iPhone
Sergeant Mullenax asked dispatch to ping the number given for Suzanne’s cell phone. Dispatch informed Mullenax that the cell phone appeared to be off and last known activity was at 4:23AM on the present date, with a general location about 11.5 miles west of a cell tower in Poncha Springs, CO.

May 10, 04:32 – Barry’s Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode
Barry's Phone Goes Back into Airplane Mode

May 10, 04:32 – 05:14 – Chasing Elk, or Staging Evidence?
Barry's trip to Garfield adds an approximate five miles each way to his morning trip, and places Barry and his vehicle in the direction the helmet was discarded - west from the bicycle.

May 10, 05:00 – Morgan Gentile Hears Barry’s Truck on Hwy 50
Gentile stated she did not see the truck but that his truck has a very distinctive exhaust.

May 10, 05:14 – 06:56 – Barry on the road to Broomfield.
Barry phone exits airplane mode while heading towards Buena Vista, CO.

May 10, 08:10 – Trash Dump #1 – RTD Bus Stop Hwy 36
"Barry was shown a photo of the RTD stop and asked about it. Barry said he pulled over there to GPS the job site. There was a trash can right there and he just took stuff out of this truck."

May 10, 08:14 – 08:20 Holiday Inn Express, Broomfield. Trash Dump #2
Barry said he was just waiting for someone to come out of the door and go in and get a free breakfast.

May 10, 08:41 – 08:46 – “I made it to Broomfield call me when you get a chance”
Barry texts Suzanne.

May 10, 08:46 – Barry carries items into the Holiday Inn Express
“If there’s clothes in my truck, there was probably old clothes I threw away.”

May 10, 10:06 – Barry exits hotel room.
He's carrying a charcoal long-sleeved shirt, two white bags, and a pair of boots.

May 10, 10:20 – 10:41 – McDonald’s – Trash Dump #3
SA Grusing said Barry had a small item in his hand and used one arm to push it down, then both to push it further down as Barry was shown the photos.

May 10, 10:47 – 11:18 – Men’s Wearhouse Trash Dump #4
Barry was told he was there for about 40 minutes and asked if he remembered what he was doing there. Barry said, “I think I was still cleaning my truck, umm, yeah, yeah I mean, like I said, I just uh, I would, I was probably getting crap out of my truck like I said, which I’ve done my whole entire life.”

May 10, 11:18 – Barry calls Morgan Gentile
"Barry called he was out of breathe (sic) panting but fatigue, kind a like hungover but he doesn’t drink, honestly when I hung up I thought to myself he sounded like he had the worst night of his life.”

May 10, 11:23 – 11:36 – Barry back at the HIE
Barry carries in disorganized papers in a binder. Carries out an organized binder.

May 10, 11:57 – 12:25 – Barry at the worksite
Barry spent 28 minutes removing a few blocks from the wall.

May 10, 12:28 – 12:41 – HIE Trash Dump #5
A camera recorded Barry throwing away: a small item, one white trash bag, larger in size than the previous bags in one hand, a black container, along with a piece of clothing, possibly a camouflage coat.

May 10, 12:42 – 18:03 – Barry remains in his HIE room.
"At 3:30PM, Barry sent an outgoing message to Suzanne “Call me”"

May 10, 2020 (Time Unknown) – JL wishes Suzanne a Happy Mother’s Day
Commented that it would be a hard day because she missed her own mother.

May 10, 2020 – 15:30 – Barry texts Suzanne from his hotel room.
At 3:30PM, Barry sent an outgoing message to Suzanne “Call me”

May 10, 15:50 – 17:45 – Suzanne is discovered missing
“I’m just so sad and REDCATED and I texted mom for Mother’s Day and she still hasn’t answered and I’m scared her and dad probably got in a big fight and I don’t even know it just made me want to be gone even more because I don’t want to be around them it hurts me and I know if REDACTED is working I might have to be home a lot more and it’ll probably...

May 10, 17:55 – 19:10 – Barry leaving Broomfield
6:10 pm - Barry entered the lobby carrying two shovels and placed them beside the front desk. He made subsequent trips, placing more tools in the same spot.

May 10, 19:31 – Chaffee County finds the bike
“Something is up with the front tire,” Deputy Brown

May 10, 20:42 – Barry arrives at CR 255 & US 50
"Barry is heard asking if deputies saw any “cats” on the road and a deputy says not recently."

May 10, 21:37 – CCSO Commander Avila brings Barry into the house for scent items.
Barry does not call out or look for his wife in the home.

May 10, After 21:47 – Barefoot prints in the Bobcat Bucket
Deputy Brown was walking in the driveway when Deputy Defurio told him that there were barefoot marks inside of the bucket on the Bobcat. Deputy Brown went with him to examine and found that the cutting blade on the bucket of the Bobcat appeared to be newly replaced, along with the nuts and bolts.

May 10, 22:00 – Gentile and Puckett smell chlorine and have the wrong tools in Broomfield.
“It looked like Barry had removed top caps that was it. We also did not have the tools we need like a packer or gravel.”

May 11, 2020 – First Interviews, Puma Path Searched
"On May 11, 2020, at about 7:00AM, Barry called Morgan and said that Suzanne was missing and he thought a mountain lion may have attacked her. Morgan explained that Barry was initially crying but then abruptly shifted to the specifics about the Broomfield job."

May 11, 2020 – 14:47 – Libler sends last message to Suzanne.
Wishing her well for her scheduled final cancer treatment that day.

May 13, 2020 – Deputy Carricato took photos of scratches on Barry’s left arm.
These injuries appeared to be healing, several days old scratches.

May 13, 2020 – Fundraiser created
$33,552 raised

May 17, 2020 – 11:13 – Barry’s “plea” video is released on Facebook.
“Oh Suzanne, if anyone is out there and can hear this, that has you, please, we’ll do whatever it takes to bring you back. We love you, we miss you, your girls need you. No questions asked, however much they want – I will do whatever it takes to get you back. Honey, I love you, I want you back so bad.”

May 19, 2020 – Interviews, Pneu-Darts, Range Rovers
"CCSO Deputy Scott Himschoot was present during the search at 19057 Puma Path, in the laundry room, and was asked to collect a “pneu-dart box, empty,” one plastic hypodermic cover, one Pneu-dart book from safe in garage, one dart from box under bench in garage, among other items. The plastic cover was located by evidence search teams in the dryer, inside of the sheets belonging to REDACTED bed."

May 20, 2020 – Spy Pen found.
"The pen was located in a cloth bin amongst women’s bras. The cloth bin and pen were inside the walk-in closet in the master bedroom, located on the ground level of the residence. Detective Hysjulien located, with the pen, the controller and headphones for playback and a USB cable."

June 1, 2020 – Barry files for guardianship.
Within a month of Suzanne’s disappearance, Barry began to liquidate their assets.

June 6, 2020 – Barry closes on IN home.
Pockets $750,000

June 25, 2020 – Barry purchases the Longhorn Ranch property for $165,000
Property Address 8366 LONGHORN DR

July 13, 2020 – Barry sells Suzanne’s Range Rover.
Leaves Suzanne's sunglasses in the car.

Aug 20, 2020 – Lauren Scharf Interviews Barry
“People don’t know the truth, so they’re gonna think what they’re gonna think.”

February 17, 2021 – Barry Sells Longhorn Ranch property for $150,000
A $15,000 loss. Same property sold on 04/21/2021 for $175,000, indicating Barry needed the money fast.

March 3, 2021 – 19057 Puma Path sells for $1,625,000.
Barry and Suzanne Morphew purchased the home on April 12, 2018 for $1,575,000.

Warrant Issued for the Arrest of Barry Lee Morphew
WARRANT FOR ARREST OF DEFENDANT UPON AFFIDAVIT NAME: Barry Lee Morphew DOB: 10/17/1967 PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: 5′ 10″, 190 lbs, Blue eyes, Blonde hair SOCIAL SECURITY: REDACTED OLN: Colorado ADDRESS: 1026 Poncha Springs Lane, Poncha Springs, Colorado 81242 AGENCY: Chaffee County Sheriffs Office TO: Any person authorized by law to execute warrants within the State of ... Read more

This is indelicate so forgive me... but we suspect Suzanne put MM1's sheets into the washing machine. We don't know whether Barry was or wasn't aware she had.

He says he saw Suzanne's shorts in the dryer, right?

Which means Barry had a reason to look in the dryer. He said he was looking for socks. Surehewas.

If Suzanne died in her bed -- and here's the indelicate part -- her body may have soiled those sheets. And any shorts she was wearing.

(The broken door jamb and the scratch marks indicate to me that the tranquilizer plan went sideways, resulting in an up close and personal murder in the bedroom, not at all according to plan. MOO)

Might Barry have had to wash the bedsheets (and Suzanne's shorts)? Added them to a load he didn't realize had already been washed. Later took them from the dryer (leaving what was of no use to him behind) and remade the bed?

I have wondered just what he may have taken from the dryer and I think this answers that.

JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
December 1999 – Barry and Suzanne Purchase 26040 Cal Carson Rd, Arcadia, IN
Private, Gated Estate Home on 10 Acres!

November 2013 – Suzanne Inherits $208,000 upon the Passing of her Mother.
Melinda Baumunk provided documents that Suzanne inherited approximately $208,000 in 2013 at the passing of her mother. She inherited another approximate $217,000 when her grandmother passed away in 2016.

August 2016 – Suzanne inherits $217,000 upon the death of a grandmother.
Suzanne’s grievance list included multiple references to Barry controlling the finances.

April 12, 2018 – The Morphew’s Purchase 19057 Puma Path
Barry and Suzanne Morphew purchase 19057 Puma Path for $1,575,000.​

Last edited by a moderator:
This is indelicate so forgive me... but we suspect Suzanne put MM1's sheets into the washing machine. We don't know whether Barry was or wasn't aware she had.

He says he saws Suzanne's shorts in the dryer, right?

Which means Barry has a reason to look in the dryer. He said he was looking for socks. Sure he was.

If Suzanne died in her bed -- and here's the indelicate part -- her body may have soiled those sheets. And any shorts she was wearing.

(The broken door jamb and the scratch marks indicate to me that the tranqizer plan went sideways, resulting in an up close and personal murder in the bedroom, not at all according to plan. MOO)

Might Barry have had to wash the bedsheets (and Suzanne's shorts)? Added them to a load he didn't realize had already been washed. Later took them from the dryer (leaving what was of no use to him behind) and remade the bed?

I have wondered just what he may have taken from the dryer and I think this answers that.

JMO

You are confused on a couple of points.

MM1's/Guest Room was upstairs. Whatever he did with those sheets it was on the first floor. I'm not sure how they got down there.

He knew what was in the dryer because he put it there. The shorts that he was wearing on video at DSI were in the dryer with the sheets.

They paid 1.5 mil for the house. Two of Suzanne’s inheritances contributed $500,000 the rest had to have come from Barry’s businesses and whatever they got as the down on the land contract for their Indiana home. We have no idea what else they had in savings or investments. I think we can’t say as fact that Barry’s lawyers are being paid with Suzanne’s money. For all we know Barry could have moved money to his mom or daughters or it is separated or it is commingled. I don’t think that is known.
Most couples keep their personal financial assets and their real estate as jointly held property. It's neither his nor hers, but theirs.

I suppose an accountant could track the flow of money and attribute interest to get an estimate of how much of the Morphews' assets came from SM's inheritance, but we don't need to do that to characterize a large portion of their joint assets as SM's because a divorce court would have divided those assets into his and hers if the marriage had been dissolved "civilly."

To me, this issue is only relevant to calculate how much BM will NOT gain financially from SM's death.

A lawyer was once heard to comment to the media, which was howling after his client was acquitted, "Let my fee be his punishment." BM is experiencing that, with no real hope of acquittal IMO. Just desserts.

You are confused on a couple of points.

MM1's/Guest Room was upstairs. Whatever he did with those sheets it was on the first floor. I'm not sure how they got down there.

He knew what was in the dryer because he put it there. The shorts that he was wearing on video at DSI were in the dryer with the sheets.

I am suggesting that he added to the laundry, a second set of sheets and Suzanne's shorts. (And his shorts and his socks and possibly a beloved ff tshirt.)

And I'm basing it only on an idea (my own) coupled with Barry's admission that he thought he might've seen a pair of Suzanne's shorts in the dryer. If Suzanne's death happened on the bed.

Question remains, why did Barry open the dryer?

JMO

If Barry was forced to wash the main bedroom sheets because of biological waste, adding them to the load with the already washed sheets from MM1's bed, and remade the bed, who would know?!

We know a little something of his bed-making skills from MG's impression of the hotel room.... wish there were a photo in the AA of the bedroom as LE found it! Made? Unmade? Would the bed look the same or different if Suzanne made it vs. Barry?

Did Barry fully make the bed before he left on 5/10? As surely it'd have likely been Suzanne's habit.

Just a curiosity for me, is all.

JMO

I am suggesting that he added to the laundry, a second set of sheets and Suzanne's shorts. (And his shorts and his socks and possibly a beloved ff tshirt.)

And I'm basing it only on an idea (my own) coupled with Barry's admission that he thought he might've seen a pair of Suzanne's shorts in the dryer. If Suzanne's death happened on the bed.

Question remains, why did Barry open the dryer?

JMO

There is only one set of sheets recorded. If investigators thought Barry had washed the master bedroom sheets, we would have heard about it. I don't recall anyone but Barry mentioning Suzanne's shorts when he was supposedly looking for socks.

He knew what was in the dryer because he moved the load from the washer to the dryer with his shorts from the 9th in the load. He never needed to go looking for socks. Never take Barry at his word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper