Still Missing CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, Chaffee Co, 10 May 2020 *arrest* #89

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO the depression of graves is due to body shrinkage, MOO that can be managed along cadaverine.
Vanessa Guillen was buried in 3 vertical holes, fairly shallow, given a cap of cement.
Dogs walked literally over her body.

IIRC the dogs at PP did have some indecisive behavior.

As a landscaper Barry could have cement laying around but it wouldn't have dried before the initial searches on the evening of the 10th. You usually call a special guy for your concrete work though.

Yup. She isn’t near the house in my opinion. And even boulders that are freshly placed would be noticeable. Curious about how her body got from the house with no detectable trace of death to wherever she is during the period of time available and not in Barry’s truck or the vehicles that were forensically examined. That is the hole for me that I await for trial to learn.

I have a feeling he did tranquilize her and he moved her when she was alive, but knocked out. That wouldn't leave any scent of decomposition for a dog to find. No blood for detectives to find, no struggle or fight to worry about, no screaming or loud noises close to the house. He has experience with tranquilizing animals to take their antlers... I bet he felt comfortable that she would be out for long enough to take her somewhere and kill her where there is no evidence to clean up. If he threw her in a mind shaft while she was knocked out, that surely would kill her, leave no blood on him to worry about. Or he could have killed her somehow and then threw her in a mine shaft. I feel like there are so many places in an area like Colorado that she would never be found or it would take a stroke of luck for someone to happen upon her. So much open forest, mountain, rocky areas that people likely don't travel through often or at all. :(

Yup. She isn’t near the house in my opinion. And even boulders that are freshly placed would be noticeable. Curious about how her body got from the house with no detectable trace of death to wherever she is during the period of time available and not in Barry’s truck or the vehicles that were forensically examined. That is the hole for me that I await for trial to learn.

I have a feeling he did tranquilize her and he moved her when she was alive, but knocked out. That wouldn't leave any scent of decomposition for a dog to find. No blood for detectives to find, no struggle or fight to worry about, no screaming or loud noises close to the house. He has experience with tranquilizing animals to take their antlers... I bet he felt comfortable that she would be out for long enough to take her somewhere and kill her where there is no evidence to clean up. If he threw her in a mind shaft while she was knocked out, that surely would kill her, leave no blood on him to worry about. Or he could have killed her somehow and then threw her in a mine shaft. I feel like there are so many places in an area like Colorado that she would never be found or it would take a stroke of luck for someone to happen upon her. So much open forest, mountain, rocky areas that people likely don't travel through often or at all. :(

Have you explored my Google Earth case map?

Google Earth

The black container below was a tree pot. Hence the interest in trees. Did Barry plant a tree on top of her in a auger hole? While I see the auger as a valid theory, it's too much work for Barry and we know his movements for the proceeding two days so he would have had to prepare a site before the 8th. I'm not 100% on the dates, but I'm reasonably certain that LE pulled data from Barry's phone as far back as November. Barry is the king of airplane mode, but I don't know when he would have had the opportunity to go dig a hole in some remote location between the 6th and the 9th.

At 12:38 PM, Barry placed bags, a black container and clothing from his truck beside the curb near the hotel lobby (see photos below). He then walked to his truck, appeared to pick up a small item from inside, picked up the trash bag, coat and container and walked towards the dumpsters at the end of the lot.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2021/11/AA_Text_html_485c6343.png​
The AA states Barry said his daughters left for their camping trip to Utah and Idaho on May 5th or 6th. Was there any information disclosed about when this camping trip was first discussed and who first suggested it? Suzanne told JL the first week in May that the girls were going camping that weekend. It sounds like it wasn’t planned that far in advance. Covid was raging, the entire country was shut down but the girls were going camping?

Did Barry suggest this camping trip to get the girls out of the way so he could prepare a place to put Suzanne?

yeah so how did she leave???

Do you recall where he said this? I remember it being discussed early on, don't remember where and I do not search YouTube for just 'Morphew' anymore. So much clickbait.
Sorry I don’t remember, it’s been so long. After a quick search of Media Thread, unable to locate original source, but I want to say it might have first been reported by LS, maybe in one of her FB lives or appearances on PE. I only follow cases here and know it was discussed in these threads after it came out, and pretty much determined to make no sense whatsoever because LE never came out and reported there was a SM sighting on Sunday. If it were true she was spotted sometime after BM left for Broomfield, it would have been huge news and have also cleared BM, which as we know, that never happened.

IMO, BM either made the whole thing up, or possibly BM found out LE received a tip from someone saying they thought they saw her somewhere on Sunday and after investigating the tip, LE determined it was bogus and/or investigated it and found that the individual the tipster thought was Suzanne turned out not to be her. Even if that were the case that LE was working off a tip of possible SM sighting, imo we’d have heard about it from LE, that they investigated and found that it wasn’t SM. So I really don’t think that was the case that LE was working off a tip. IMO, sounds more to me like something BM made up/lied about to take the heat and suspicion that was swirling around him, off.

The fact is, no one ever saw Suzanne on a bike nor anywhere else on Sunday after BM left for Broomfield, three LE agencies to include CBI, FBI working in tandem could never clear BM, and here we are…..

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne

Last edited:
I think the prepared augur hole is a valid theme, no truck needed. He could pack her on foot during the digital activity gap.

I wonder what evidence led to a warrant for cutting up laid cement and sifting at the riverfront job.

Maybe right idea wrong location.
The intetest the police had in tree pots seems related.

After packing her somewhere prepared he would need to get rid of all the clothes and the boots he wore, and clean his body and hair any soil, spore or other location indicators.

I've wracked my brain trying to figure out how he concealed the body. Alone, at night, over rugged terrain. There would almost certainly have to have been a pre-dug site. (Unless we're talking mineshaft). And tools waiting.

OK ... say he has a prepared site. He still has to cover it up, conceal any disturbance, and haul tools back to the vehicle. Alone, at night, over rugged terrain.

I know he managed it somehow. But how?

Haha. Rhetorical question. He probably was moving around I just need to hear more about the timing sequence, location data etc before I buy into the prosecution theory that he was running around chasing Suzanne with a tranquilizer dart. Not there yet on that theory. If they stick with that I can wait for the testimony and cross.
I am not sure why that is hard to believe. BM is a life long hunter and brags about it. He is good at chasing down his prey.

SM was afraid of him at the time. If she saw him coming towards her with a weapon, why wouldn't she run away if she could?

If so, why wouldn't he take chase?

I've wracked my brain trying to figure out how he concealed the body. Alone, at night, over rugged terrain. There would almost certainly have to have been a pre-dug site. (Unless we're talking mineshaft). And tools waiting.

OK ... say he has a prepared site. He still has to cover it up, conceal any disturbance, and haul tools back to the vehicle. Alone, at night, over rugged terrain.

I know he managed it somehow. But how?
Adrenaline, a sense of urgency? He is a life long hunter so he knows how to move through rugged terrain quietly and quickly. JM O

I have a feeling he did tranquilize her and he moved her when she was alive, but knocked out. That wouldn't leave any scent of decomposition for a dog to find. No blood for detectives to find, no struggle or fight to worry about, no screaming or loud noises close to the house. He has experience with tranquilizing animals to take their antlers... I bet he felt comfortable that she would be out for long enough to take her somewhere and kill her where there is no evidence to clean up.
I can absolutely believe this :(

I think the prepared augur hole is a valid theme, no truck needed. He could pack her on foot during the digital activity gap.

I wonder what evidence led to a warrant for cutting up laid cement and sifting at the riverfront job.

Maybe right idea wrong location.
The intetest the police had in tree pots seems related.

After packing her somewhere prepared he would need to get rid of all the clothes and the boots he wore, and clean his body and hair any soil, spore or other location indicators.
I like the idea of him possibly prepping a location beforehand. The very last thing on his list before coming home to "do the deed" (IMO) was to replace the cutting blade on the bobcat. Seems like he wanted a pristine blade on it for some reason... Then he drives home, jumps out of his truck leaving the door open, and runs around like a lunatic.

The other weird thing is that there was no DNA on the new blade. I assume the guy replacing the blade would have worn gloves but wouldn't there still be DNA on it somewhere?
Page 44/129:
Of note, no workable DNA was recovered from the Bobcat blade, the PNUE-DART box or the dryer.

Do you recall where he said this? I remember it being discussed early on, don't remember where and I do not search YouTube for just 'Morphew' anymore. So much clickbait.

23:11 In an interview on Websleuths Tricia and Lauren S

Barry was the one who told Lauren but refused to give names...and then had the nerve to ask Grusing..

"What about the two people that saw her Sunday?" heard there were two people," SA Grusing interrupted, saying those leads had been covered.

Page 102 of the AA

Last edited:
The AA states Barry said his daughters left for their camping trip to Utah and Idaho on May 5th or 6th. Was there any information disclosed about when this camping trip was first discussed and who first suggested it? Suzanne told JL the first week in May that the girls were going camping that weekend. It sounds like it wasn’t planned that far in advance. Covid was raging, the entire country was shut down but the girls were going camping?

Did Barry suggest this camping trip to get the girls out of the way so he could prepare a place to put Suzanne?
No I don’t think Barry had much to do with it. They left right after they finished exams so I think it was totally HB and MM1 idea of cutting loose after the college year.

Sorry I don’t remember, it’s been so long. After a quick search of Media Thread, unable to locate original source, but I want to say it might have first been reported by LS, maybe in one of her FB lives or appearances on PE. I only follow cases here and know it was discussed in these threads after it came out, and pretty much determined to make no sense whatsoever because LE never came out and reported there was a SM sighting on Sunday. If it were true she was spotted sometime after BM left for Broomfield, it would have been huge news and have also cleared BM, which as we know, that never happened.

IMO, BM either made the whole thing up, or possibly BM found out LE received a tip from someone saying they thought they saw her somewhere on Sunday and after investigating the tip, LE determined it was bogus and/or investigated it and found that the individual the tipster thought was Suzanne turned out not to be her. Even if that were the case that LE was working off a tip of possible SM sighting, imo we’d have heard about it from LE, that they investigated and found that it wasn’t SM. So I really don’t think that was the case that LE was working off a tip. IMO, sounds more to me like something BM made up/lied about to take the heat and suspicion that was swirling around him, off.

The fact is, no one ever saw Suzanne on a bike nor anywhere else on Sunday after BM left for Broomfield, three LE agencies to include CBI, FBI working in tandem could never clear BM, and here we are…..

All of the above IMHOO

#FindSuzanne
#BringSuzanneHome
#JusticeForSuzanne
I agree if there was a legitimate tip on Sunday le I hope would have investigated. If not defense knows.

Suffocation in Cooler?
I’ve always felt like she left in a big-*advertiser censored** cooler. Could a person suffocate if they woke up inside a sealed and padlocked cooler?
@DizzyB
A person placed inside a locked, air-tight cooler and left there may, sadly, not wake up at all.

Such a death by suffocation may be caused by lack of oxygen or by the body position blocking the airways, aka positional asphyxia.*

From another source:
"Refrigerator Death" is a death by suffocation in a refrigerator or other air-tight appliance, in which an entrapped person has a low supply of oxygen."**
^ Asphyxiation: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, Prevention
** "Early refrigerators could only be opened from the outside... Modern designs close with a magnetic mechanism that can be opened from the inside."

^ Refrigerator death - Wikipedia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member